Fly away with me! (Tamaki Ama...

By The_Queen_Boo

(Hunter!Tamaki Amajiki x reader.) • With another cup of his hands, he brings the water up to drink before pau... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Fourty
Epilogue
Extra

Chapter Three

16.1K 433 1.1K
By The_Queen_Boo

—Third Person POV.—

The dining hall is full of energy, people pushing past to get their food and return to their tables as quickly as possible due to an 'announcement' rumored to go off tonight.

And just as the trio is sitting down, a man stands and with the swipe of his hand— Captures everyone's attention.

"A village stationed in the western part of the Barents Sea has requested help." The leader calls, brows furrowed as he reads over the letter once more.

"I will personally look into and send for the supplies they require— But tonight I come to inform some of you."

"Nejire Hado, Tamaki Amajiki and Mirio Togata." His voice echoes across the room, causing peoples heads to turn towards said three with curiosity— And causing the indigo haired boy to go rigid.

Not liking the eyes on him, he slunk back in his chair, eyes averting to the floor as the Chief also looked to their table "You three will be stationed to train with and fight alongside the people there."

Mixed reactions pass through the three and after a moment to let it sink in, the Chief turns back to continue on about the stuff they need to bring and how much time they have to pack and be on their way.

"You all have until midday tomorrow to prepare accordingly, that's when the supply shop will be leaving and you all need to be on it."

And once he is done talking, he sits back down— Letting the room erupt in chatter again while he talked to the men at his side about gathering the supplies the villagers had requested.

Nejire and Mirio break out into conversation over the news, excitedly speaking about going to the island sent out to find the nest.

As the night progresses, the trio makes it out of the dining hall— The sky now dark with night ad they walked, using the torches and lanterns strung about to guide their way.

"I'm going to go." Amajiki finally brings up, shifting to turn down another path leading home "Gonna start packing." He informs.

"Already?" Nejire whines and Mirio laughs, slinging an arm over her shoulders "We do leave in just a couple of hours— But it'd probably be smart to start soon anyways." The blonde agrees and Amajiki sends a nod his way.

"I'll see you guys later." He called, walking off down the dirt path with the reflection of flames dancing in his dark gaze.

The two left behind holler their goodbyes— Earning a yell from one of the people in the house they stood next to before bolting off to continiue on their own path.

—Time Skip.—

The next day comes fast and after another few days of sailing, the three arrive at the village.

"Woah! It looks— Similar to ours." Nejire's voice slowly dims throughout her sentence and she sighs, shoulders hanging forward slightly.

"Oh, come on! I bet the people are way more cheery!" Mirio calls, nudging her shoulder with his as he passes to hop from the boat.

She follows suite, blue eyes flickering around as her excitement flares again.

With his sack of luggage thrown over his shoulder, Amajiki follows behind her, dark boots meeting the dock as he steps off and turns to walk against the crowd unloading the supplies from the ship.

"We need to find the Chief and—" "There you are." A voice booming with authority calls, a tall man coming to stare down at the three 'hunters' in front of him.

Toshinori Yagi— Or better known as All Might, Chief of the tribe and the strongest dragon killer in all of the realm.

Looking up at his broad shoulders, Nejire's eyes glint in the sunlight, grabbing onto Mirio's arm and nearly jumping out of her shoes "That's—"

The man turns, passively waving for them to follow him as he walks through the crowds "They say that when he was a baby he popped a dragons head clean off its shoulders..!" Nejire whisper-yells to the blonde.

And Mirio continues walking, seemingly not bothered by the extra weight from Nejire on his arm. After a while of chatting about meaningless cases, the crowds had thinned out the farther away they went.

"We've been having more trouble controlling the raids recently." All Might finally informs and the two in the front nod.

"We were told." Mirio speaks with a smile "We were sent here to help you guys fight off the dragons, right?" And All Might sends a glance over his shoulder.

"Actually, I heard one of you had an amazing shot." The taller man starts, blue eyes trailing up forward again "Who would that be?" He questions, coming to a stop in front of a house on the far end of the village.

"That would be Amajiki here!" Mirio boasts, stepping out of the way so Nejire could push the dark haired boy forward a bit.

With dark shocked eyes, he looks upwards "I didn't say I—" "Everybody's seen it! He could hit a bullseye on any moving dragon with his eyes closed!" Nejire adds excitedly and causes him to tense.

All Might blinks, nodding along to the information "That's good." He puts a halt to their voices with his own compliment and Amajiki quickly nods "Thank you, sir."

And after a moment of thought, hearing and noting the strengths of the other two— He pushes open the door to the house and leads the three in.

"This is where you will all be staying. There is three individual rooms for each of you." He explains and they nod "You can all get settled and have the rest of the day to get yourselves acquainted with the layout of the village."

The tall man steps aside to allow them to walk further into the house— Heading to the door before pausing.

"It is suspected there will be an attack later tonight." He says, capturing the attention of the three and causing them to turn and look at him again.

"I'm letting you all know beforehand." He explains and Mirio goes to thank him but he continues, turning to face them "There is one dragon in particular I want you to look out for."

"It never lands and causes too much damage to everything it flies over." Each of their brows furrowed towards this.

"It's too fast for anyone to hit, if anything— I am asking if Amajiki would specifically watch out and hunt this one down." All Might's request causes a smile to fall onto Mirio's face.

And the blonde steps forward, clapping his free hand on his tense friends shoulder "If anyone can shoot that dragon out of the sky, it's Amajiki." He deems proudly and his friend looks over at him.

Hearing the agreement to his suggestion, All Mights serious face doesn't seem to loosen "It's a Night Fury." He adds and causes everyone to pause.

With averted eyes, the dark haired hunter clears his throat— Breaking the silence "I can do it." He states finally and causes All Might to raise an eyebrow.

But after all the things he's heard about this quiet one, he might as well give him a shot.

"Alright Amajiki, I'm assigning you to shoot down and get rid of that dragon." He states before looking to the other two.

"We can talk about your tasks at another time. For now, get comfortable with this place and I will see you all later." The tall man waves slightly before pushing the door to the house open and exiting.

As soon as the door closed behind him, Amajiki turns to go and find his room— Only to pause when he saw the faces of both of his friends.

"What's.." His voice trails off as Nejire leaps forward, pulling him into a joyful hug "You're going to kill a Night Fury!!" She beams excitedly.

—Time Skip.—

Nervous eyes flicker back and forth, his bow drawn as he stares down at the fires and chaos below— Searching for any pitch black creature to cross his path.

The air passing over the cliff is cold against his skin and he pulls his cloak up to further cover his face, soon blinking to relieve his stressed eyes.

There was no moon tonight and of course that's when the creatures choose to attack.

His ears listen carefully, trying to distinguish any high pitched sounds from the dragon's fast movements.

But when he hears none, he leans back slightly on the cliff, arrow aiming down while he waits.

All Might had been right. The dragons all attacked that night— The first night here and Amajiki was already stressed out.

From below, he can make out Nejire jumping onto the top of a Deadly Nadder— Slamming its flaming jaws shut.

And he sighs, leaning back more to look up at the star filled sky "Seriously.. Why did I think I could to do this?" He questions no one in particular.

He stays there, letting out a sigh in defeat "There's no way I'll be able to shoot down a—" "Night fury! Get down!!" His eyes fly open and he immediately snaps out of his zoned out state as a high pitched sound fills the air.
——————————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.2K 2K 42
(Vampire!Shoto Todoroki x reader) • "Seriously.." I huffed, carrying the books in one hand while I shoved open the door to the vampires room and walk...
moira By cosmo

Fanfiction

30 0 7
moira /moi·ra/ (n.) fate or destiny ------------ "Stuck up prince.." I mumbled, mostly under my breath, but he's so close to me, he could probably he...
95.9K 4.1K 65
(Kirishima Eijiro x Reader x Bakugo Katsuki.) Poly! -BOOK TWO of the Lush Life series! • "This shitty-ass hunter better be worth all of this bullshit...
36.5K 1.6K 111
Tsuki Ryoshi is a hunter like her father, she's spent her whole life happily traipsing around the Beast's Forest with her best friend Izuku Midoriya...