IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES Book 2

By intellectual212

After almost failing out of Dental School, August returns to Atlanta willing to do whatever it takes to make... More

IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES (THE SEQUEL)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N - Why Amber Kissed Aug / Interview Link
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note: Aug Needs Our Prayers Y'all/ Story on Hold
A/N: Be Strong Y'all
A/N
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
CHAPTER 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Question on Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 35 Re-Upload
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
A/N - NEW BOOK
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
A/N - Are y'all getting tired of this book?
Chapter 42
Chapter 42 -Repost
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
A/N - NEW AUG STORY UP!
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
A/N - The Wedding
Bonus Chapter - The Beginning
Bonus Chapter - Daddy's Little Girl
The Wedding Part 1
Wedding Part 2
Wedding Part 3
LIFE AFTER MARRIAGE - INTERRUPTIONS
Life After Marriage - Interruptions Part 2
House Guest Part 1
House Guest Part 2
New Chapter Up in Life After Marriage

Chapter 53

53.4K 2.2K 992
By intellectual212

**** Okay I have a few things to say before this chapter.

1.)  Travis is crazy for taking people cellphone and taking selfies of himself with it. Tima better get her man Smh lol. He’s crazy. And I see he has the job of the meet and greet Photographer. I think that’s funny.

2.)Aug and these thirst trap ass photos. Like he knows those pics are for the privacy of husband and wife. Why would he post the pic in the m/m on Instagram. We gonna have to have a talk about this. And I wonder who took the picture. He know he ain’t working out. He posing lol. J/K.

3.)I am legit, legit depressed about ending this story Like I’ve literally been crying about it. That’s so crazy. But I can’t do a third a book, I refuse to play out these characters like BET did “The Game.” End while it’s good.

4.) Please Check out my new Aug story “Leap of Faith.” Aug is gonna be a little different from this one tho. And it will be a lot less backs on the real facts of his life. But I’m still gonna try my hardest to make it a bomb story.

AMBER P.O.V. –

“Baby?” I called out from the room as I put on my bra.

“Yeah?” Aug said spitting out toothpaste.

I sat on the bed putting on my stockings, looking at him through the open door.

“Did you put some money in our account?”

He rinsed out his mouth, then came in the room. His waist wrapped in a burgundy towel.

“Yeah. Couple days ago.”

“That was quite a bit of money babe.” I said checking my make-up in the mirror on the closet door.  

August took off his towel and put on his underwear, that was on the bed with the other clothes I sat out for him.

“Where you get that kind of money?” I pulled my stockings all the way up and looked in my closet for the dress I was going to wear to the hearing today.

“I sold the Rollie you bought me.” He said non-chalantly putting on his clothes.

 “August!” I turned around to him with my hand on my hip.

“Aug-E!” Sata stood up in her crib and yelled. “Aug-E!”

“You don’t call Pop-Pop by his first name, you hear me?” August looked at her.

“Aug-E!” She yelled to him.

“Sata be quiet.” I looked at her.

“Aug-E!” She kept yelling and she threw one of her toys out the crib.

“Don’t do that.” August tapped her hand a little and she started to cry.

I sighed and went to pick her up. “Y’all are going to be the death of me I swear. Uncle Trav is coming to pick you up in a second okay Munch, stop crying.” I kissed her cheek.

“Mommy and daddy got to get ready. Today is important for Pop-Pop. Sit on the bed, while mommy get ready.” I put her in the middle of the bed.

“Why would you do that?” I looked at August, putting on my dress.

“I didn’t need it.”

“So you pawn it?” I took my dress out the closet.

“I was going to buy something with it, but I decided to wait.”

“So you  were gonna buy something with the money from a watch I gave you as a gift? That’s perfectly logical.”

“Can we not argue this morning. I’m already stressed.”

“You’re stressed?” I laughed as I put on my dress.

He sighed deeply and finished putting on his suit.

“August you don’t need money that bad. I got you put on my account for a reason. You know you can have whatever you need; as long as you let me know so I can keep track of everything for our records.”

He didn’t respond he just put on his tie.

“What did you need? Zip this up.” I walked over to him to zip up my dress.

He zipped up my dress and the next thing I heard was a plop on the floor and Sata crying.

I ran over to her and picked her up.

“You alright Munch?” I rubbed her head, examining it for cuts and bruises.

Whew! She had none, but she was still crying. Aug came behind me and kissed her head. She stopped crying, but poked out her lip and rubbed her eyes.  

Aug kept pecking her head over and over, making her giggle. “You gon be okay Munch. Daddy kisses heal you. That’s what happens when you got a big head like yo mama.”

I mean mugged him. He smirked. There was a knock at the door. Aug went to go get it.

“Where my Booty-Doo at?” I heard Trav say as he walked in the house.

I brought Sata out to him. She popped up and started clapping, reaching for Trav. He flew her in the sky like a helicopter and she giggled and screamed wildly. She really loved Trav. Ever since he had been watching her, she just immediately went into joy mode when he came around.

“Y’all good?” Trav looked at us.

“What is good in this situation?” Aug said putting on his dress shoes.

“Y’all want me to say a word of prayer for y’all?”

We both looked at Trav. Absolutely not.

“What?” He chuckled. “I’m serious. Me and God cool. If you want an answered prayer, you gotta get one from me.”

“No.” August shook his head.

“Come on baby. We do need to do one.”

August reluctantly got up and joined the circle with me and Trav. We all huddled together holding each other where we could.

“Dear Heavenly Father, we come to you right now asking that you watch over Amb and Aug. We ask that you let Amb go in there and kill on some Kerry Washington from Scandal ish and leave them all looking stupid.”

“Travis.” I opened one eye.

“God I ask the next time August make a stupid decision like this you pimp slap him into the middle of next week.”

August walked away from the circle.

“I wasn’t done.”

“Me and Amb will say our own prayer.”

“Fine. You ready Booty-Doo?” Trav looked at Sata.

“Bing-Bing.” She shouted.

“Every time I come around ya city bling-bling.” Trav got her diaper bag singing the song to her.

She would randomly shout “Bing-Bing.”

They walked out the door and I closed it.

I saw Aug sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. I went over to him and sat on his lap. He sat back.

 “What if it’s the same thing? I don’t think I can take that shit twice.”

“We gon be good baby.” I ran my hair through his head. “I’ve prayed. I’ve cried. I’ve worked. And I know God has your back. He never disappoints his children. Never. We got this.” I grabbed his hand and kissed it.

I hadn’t told him about the tape. I hadn’t told him about Onika. I just wanted him to trust that I had it.

“You always ask me this so I’mma ask you. You trust me?” I asked him.

He looked at me for a moment, his eyes searching mine. I could tell he was extremely nervous, but I knew he trusted me.

“With my life.” He pulled me into a hug.

I held my head against his forehead and grabbed his hands.

He closed his eyes and I did too.

“Dear God, I ask that you cover me and Aug. I know you didn’t send Aug here to leave him on the side of the road. For in your word in Jeremiah 29:11 you say, “For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

And I know before he was born you had this specific purpose for his life. You know, like I know, the devil has consistently tried  to destroy everything he has worked for, but you always came through. And I know this time won’t be any different.  For you God are far greater than any destructive force.

Give me the strength and the ability to properly defend him, and touch the hearts of those on the board so that justice will prevail in that hearing room.

I thank you oh God for blessing me with such a wonderful gift such as him in my life, and no matter how hard it gets for us sometimes, I wouldn’t change it for the world. In Jesus name we pray, amen.”

“Amen.” August and I lifted our heads. “Alright little T.D. Jakes.”

We chuckled together.

“I love you.” He ran his thumb over my cheek and brought my lips to his. He kissed me as though he was dying and I was his oxygen.

“Can I have my mouth now?” I said against his lips.

He smirked, pecked my lips one more time and let me go.

 “Wait, my lipstick all over you babe.” I giggled wiping it off his lips with my thumb. When I finished wiping it off, he looked at me. 

“You ready B?” He said In his Jay-Z voice. 

“Let’s go get em." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 10.7K 42
Fresh out the hospital, Jaelynn is stressed out. August, on the otherhand, is happy. I mean, why shouldn't he be? He's at the height of his career an...
687 31 11
Karissa and August have been through hell together, but will they make it?
11.5K 892 48
August Alsina 2023 ღ
159K 4.4K 40
Megan is having trouble balancing her life in Chicago and in Atlanta until she meets August Alsina. They both began to deal with relationship problem...