Chapter 43

**** Okay y’all so this chapter is special to me, because I tried something new. I have a co-writer on this chapter and her name is Niyeezy. Co-writing is difficult for several reasons. The biggest being continuity of tone and style. I made a few minor add-ins here and there to just keep the tone and style of my writing consistent, but other than that it was all Niya and she did an amazing job.

Any errors you see are mine and not Niya's. When I was adding things, I might have overlooked some things. I apologize for that.  

Please you guys, if you have not read “My Sweet Escape,” please support her. It’s an aug fan-fic, she’s a wonderful writer and I am so blessed to be able collaborate with her on this chapter.

She took time out of her busy schedule to help me out and I am forever grateful to you Niya! In the comments, show her love!

AMBER P.O.V. -

"Why are you afraid to fully love August?"

"I do love him."

"I didn't say you didn't. I said why don't you fully allow yourself to love him. For example, if August were standing at the bottom of a cliff. And he told you he promised to catch you. Would you jump without hesitation?"

"Yes."

"Amber no you wouldn't.”  He smiled. “Now if it were the reverse. August would jump without hesitation. You don't trust him fully, why?"

"I do."

"Maybe in terms of him not cheating on you. Yes, you trust he won't do that. But in your relationship you don't. You're doing the equivalent of what people do when they walk on ice. They tip-toe. You're tip-toeing in your relationship with August, instead of walking confidently. I guess another way to put it is. You're extremely cautious when it comes to him. You love him but you still keep him at arms length. Why?"

August briefly looked at me, then back down.

"Because every time I get to that place, something happens and I wind up hurt."

I sat back in my seat and ran my hands through my hair as I reminisced. I had told myself tonight, whatever trust issues I had with August I was going to fully let them go. No matter how much we argued. No matter how much we fought. August was the only person in the world I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

He had this hold on me, I don’t know. In one breath he could make me so freaking angry to the point I wanted to strangle him. But in the next breath, I’d look into his eyes. Or look at his smile. Or hear his laugh. Or feel his lips against mine. Or see him with Sata. And whatever anger I had, him being himself, just melted it away.

I knew deep in my heart he was the only person on this earth that could make me truly happy, and I wanted to let him know tonight, “Auggie, I hate that nickname I don’t know why it came to mind, but anyway, I don’t want anybody you.”