Spiders Mark [discontinued]

By luna_renn

Jade Rose lived a peaceful life with his family. There was only one danger and that was they lived on the out... More

Loss
bank robbery
Upgrade
Discover
The beginning
Beacon
Beacon pt.2
Diffrence
Dying star
Jaunedice
Unusual snow
Snow fall
Speacial surprise
On the other side
A talk before the trip
forever fall
Following the trail
Even more complicated
The day (volume 1 end)
FOOD FIGHT!
Best friends
Perfect
Another escape
defeated by cookie
away
trahison
Broken
The dance
Golden Rose
field trip
the first day
uncovered
All aboard
ice cream problem
A Grimm situation
control
An Experience (volume 2 end)
switch
a new gem
start of the Festival
Winter is coming
a bird came to visit
Countermeasures
crime decrease
the return
A single choice
Offline
Aftermath
Downhill
beginning of the end
A slow destruction
A blinding white end
Without a doubt in the world! (Volume 3 end)
A big reunion
Back in action
Moving on
A hard encounter
What're you doing here?
Taking things apart
Oniyuri Pt.1
Oniyuri Pt.2
Toxin
The Rose curse (Volume 4 end)
A very random set of events

Back in the saddle again

32 1 4
By luna_renn

Everyone was getting settled in the temporary home, they had met the headmaster without Jade. 

Ruby and Nora were sitting in the living room as they were the first to finish unpacking first. 

It was weirdly silent throughout the house. You think all of them living under the same roof would end up with constant yelling. Well, that's how it was for Lily and Jade as those two have no sense of an inside voice sometimes. 

Ruby: So, Nora... how are you holding up? 

Nora broke out of her thinking and her head snapped towards Ruby.

Nora: Huh? Oh, I'm doing fine.

Nora looked conflicted. Ruby noticed and decided to ask Nora about it. 

Ruby: Are you sure you're okay? We're literally the only girls besides my mom. Wait, Penny too. But you get it. 

Nora: I'm just worried. 

Ruby: About, Jade? The doctors and Lily all said he would be perfectly fine. 

Nora: Eh? I know but I can't help it for some reason- 

The door literally flung open and Jade walked in and closed it behind him. 

Jade: Aye, whaddup? 

Ruby: What?! You're out the hospital?! But how?! 

Jade: Well, I did something most would call a "pro gamer move" and just left. I mean, I felt fine, I am fine. 

Summer then appeared in a flurry of white rose petals. 

Summer: My baby is alive!!!

She ran at him and he wasn't ready at all. She jumped right onto him and gave him a very strong hug. 

Lily: The hell is all that noise?

Lily peeked around a corner after coming downstairs and seen Jade being choked out by Summer. 

Lily: My brothers alive!!!

She ran over and jumped onto Jade. 

Just about everyone in the house was now in the first-floor living room except Penny. She soon did come around and seen Jade being smothered to death. 

Penny: JADE!!

She went over and jumped into the pile of people. 

Ruby: I'm gonna get my hug after. 

Jade just weakly put up a thumbs up.

Ruby: Glad to have you back.

Time quickly passed and Jade was in his room reading manga. He and Lily had houses all over Remnant but the main was in Vale, he had stuff here that he liked. Primarily, a lot of novels and manga. 

Mostly otaku stuff.  

A knock on his door tore his attention away from his Goblin Slayer manga. 

 Jade: It's unlocked. 

The door slowly crept open and Ruby in her pajamas came in the room. 

Jade: Oh, hey. What's up? 

He tossed his book in the air and shot a web to it sticking it to the ceiling.

Ruby doesn't say a word but fell onto Jade giving him a big hug. 

Jade: Ruby? 

He then felt his shirt dampen. He could tell she was crying as she gripped him even tighter. 

He then returned her hug as she crawled onto the bed. 

Jade: What's wrong? 

Ruby looked up to him. 

Ruby: You almost died! I don't think I can live without you!

He didn't know what to say to her. 

Jade: I'm sorry, I was just a bit reckless when it came to fighting. I just wanted to save Nora. 

Ruby: And you did! You just almost died while doing it... just promise me... 

She placed her head on his shoulder. 

Ruby: Promise me you won't ever leave me alone... 

Jade: Of course I won't. 

He lifted her head so that she was looking him in the face. He put up the calmest face he could. 

Jade: Ruby. A life without you will be a disaster. Your life without me is also a disaster.... 

It's been a while since he actually gave a speech to cheer someone up so he was rusty. 

Jade: What I'm trying to say is that.... we're twins. We complete each other, without one half It's like half a whole person. We can't possibly live without each other and we both will stay alive... for each other. 

He has no idea if that worked or not. But Ruby does get a small smile on her face. 

Ruby: We both promise, not to leave the other alone! 

Jade smiles as Ruby stopped crying. He sighed internally as he really didn't expect anything out of this speech. 

Ruby: I also uh.... locked myself out... of... my room...  

Jade: So there was too reason to come in here. Why not just go to mom or Lily?

Ruby: I tried that! Both of them are heavy sleepers! Impossible to wake up, you know! 

She looked away. 

Ruby: You know I can't sleep properly without someone near either... 

It embarrasses her to talk about this but it was necessary as she thinks he's forgotten.  He didn't which explained his very plain expression. 

Jade: I didn't forget... 

Ruby just gave him an awkward long stare.  

Ruby: Just shut up...

Her slightly red-tinted cheeks made Jade chuckle. 

Jade: I don't have any other sheets and only two pillows. I'm not sleeping on the floor. 

Ruby: Neither am I. 

After a stare-off, they both came to the mutual, silent agreement to both sleep in the bed. They had been sleeping in the cold woods for almost a month and a half, neither of them wanted to really do that unless they really had too. 

Jade turned off the light and got back into his bed. Ruby on the other side of him, both back to back. 

Jade: Night, small me. 

Ruby: Night, big me. 

And with that, they both slowly fall asleep peacefully and comfortably as now they don't have to worry about being attacked in their sleep by Grimm. 

Though, they were rudely awakened early in the morning by Summer busting down the door. They both literally jumped to the ceiling. 

Jade: Don't do that!

He sounds panicked and it was understandable. 

Summer: I couldn't find Ruby. But she was just in here. I'm guessing she locked herself out her room and me and Lily were sleep? 

Ruby: ...spot on, mom...

She just mouthed, "Yes." With a tiny fist pump. 

Lily: But breakfast is ready. 

Jade: But It's only like six in the morning! 

Mina: It's ten... 

They all heard Mina speak, Jade nodded as she was Lily was finally able to get her working properly. 

Lily slid into the room while shoving some bacon in her mouth. 

Lily: Ayh! 

She chewed then swallowed. 

 Lily: Hurry the hell up, and get off the ceiling. 

They both flip down from there and Ruby left the room. 

Jade: How'd you fix, Mina?

Lily: A plug was slightly loose. She could have just scanned the house and told me what was wrong- 

Mina: Don't blame me, you never put your suit on and you broke your scroll. 

Lily looked away with a very obvious face. 

Jade: Damn, she tried to blame the A.I. 

He covered his mouth as he noticed he cursed. 

Lily looked over and just shrugged. 

Lily: You're eighteen, almost have a wife and you're experienced in fighting. I guess you can get the pass.  

Lily walked over to him and pulled a piece of paper out of her lab coat pocket. 

She handed it to Jade and he opened it and it just read, "Kurse passt." 

He just slowly looked at Lily who had a grin on her face. 

Lily: Boy, I've been waiting for a while to finally give you that. 

This little piece of paper is something Jade wrote A REALLY long time ago to let him say curse words. 

Summer: Aw, isn't that cute? 

Jade: I'm gonna shred it.... 

End of chapter 1 volume 5

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 3.3K 32
Ruby Rose was treated like absolute trash ever since her mother disappeared. She just wants someone to be nice to her and show her love. Her pleas ar...
1.1K 58 17
Sometimes the reward isn't worth the price. Team lead Fatal and his group of Mercenaries are brought before a God of Light and told to fix his mess...
30.9K 383 36
This is my second story and please help with me. This is a girl name Y/N rose and she having a hard time on her family but only who care for her is R...
1.3K 66 3
The universe is a dark place, wherever the light touches, Darkness follows, for countless worlds, this has come to pass, before it stopped within Sol...