The Mark of an Alpha {Book 1}✔

By J_Quinonez91

[COMPLETE] Alpha. When you hear that word most of you think of a ruthless and physically strong man. Well, wh... More

The Mark of an Alpha: The Heartbroken Alpha {Rewritten}
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One ~Storm~
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six ~Hunter~
Fifty Seven ~Melany & Silver~
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Author's Note
Sixty Three
Sixty Four
Sixty Five
Sixty Six
Sixty Seven
Sixty Eight
Sixty Nine
Seventy
Seventy One
Seventy Two
Seventy Three
Rambling Me and Question
Seventy Four
Seventy Five
What comes next?

Forty Six

12K 511 13
By J_Quinonez91

Hunter's hold on me tightens as I forget to watch my steps.

It seems as if every pair of eyes are on us...on me.

We walk all the way to the bottom of the stair and I am still having a hard time composing myself.

Still, no word has been uttered by anyone in the ballroom. My eyes find Andrew and he gives me a reassuring smile.

There are people here that I know, that care for me and I for them, I do not have to be so nervous.

"What do we do now?" I whisper to Hunter and he shrugs and starts walking towards our pack members. I am happy that I get to be with the people that I feel comfortable with.

"Let's keep the party going!" A voice booms and then people continue with their chatter.

Once the eyes move on to something else I feel as if I can breathe again. For the moment I appreciate that I am not being watched and take in the ballroom. The golden ceiling is breathtaking as the swirled lines meet in the middle of the room. The long and thick pillars hold the ceiling from collapsing on the guest.

An uneasy sense hits the pit of my stomach, someone is watching me.

My eyes go to a blue-eyed male sitting on the throne. His back parallels to the chair as he sits proper watching over the people below him, or at least he should be. He is wearing a black tux with a golden under vest. His eyes hold mine captive as he looks at me intrigued.

Hunter's hold loosens on me as I take an involuntary step closer to the blue-eyed man.

"Is that him?" I ask Hunter with my eyes on the man.

"What?" He looks in the same direction as me, "must be since he is on the throne." I glance over at him and his eyes show no emotion but they stay locked on him.

My wolf seems to squirm under his scrutiny.

"Let's get a table I'm starving!" Andrew breaks my gaze with the man and Hunter looks down at me warmly.

"Your beta hungry that's a miracle," Hunter snorts and I force a laugh trying to shake this feeling.

Andrew leads us to a table in the back. This is perfect it gives me a better view of my surrounding. Andrew gets a table, the chairs are golden as well as the plates and cups, a waiter tries to pull out my chair but Hunter stops. Some words are exchanged and Hunter helps me in.

We just barely sit down when everyone goes to take a seat. My eyes dart to the man in the throne. He is standing next to an older man. He is dress just like a blue-eyed man.

"I am proud to have been able to serve this pack for many years. Even after so many tragedies and victories this pack has always been strong." The man clears his throat, fighting down some kind of emotion.

The older man glances to the side and there is a small stand with a red pillow upon it. From where we are I cannot see what it is.

"I am proud to be able to witness this moment. The moment that the new heir of the throne gets to step up and take on the crown that only a few men have possessed. What a day to be alive and to pass down the crown to my son. The new alpha of alpha's Derek Storm." The blue-eyed man steps forward. "I know that he will make all of you and me proud to be lead by him."

The older man grabs the object on the stand Derek kneels before his father. The man blocks our view but when Derek stands back up he is wearing a crown.

The room erupts into thunderous applause. I clap late and for a few seconds, there are a few young women glaring at me as I place my hands on my lap.

"As tradition this being the Moonlight Ball Alpha Storm will lead with a dance. Since the alpha is unmated he will have an unmated wolf accompany him on the first dance of the ball." The blue-eyed male whispers into the older man's ear. He then clears his throat, "My apologies I mean alpha. May we have Alpha Blake come up here please?"

Alpha Blake!

No freakin way!

He didn't just say my name.

That is what he said.

My body tenses up as I look over at Hunter. My panic must be clear on my face because he closes his eyes and swallows down.

The waiter clears his throat but my eyes are on Hunter. His jaw is clenched and then his eyes dart to the waiter. His glare stops him in his tracks, Hunter growls unhappily and stands up. He helps me out of my seat and I cling onto his arm. Hunter understands and walks me up. His arm around me showing him I am with him.

The alpha walks down towards us. Once we are face to face I feel even more uneasy under his gaze. Hunter stays with me as his hand goes under my chin and lifts my face to look at him. He gives me a quick peck on the lips as the alpha clears his throat. There are hush voices talking as Hunter moves away from me.

Hunter lets go of me, my lifeline and walks back to the table. I stand before the alpha in a room full of people and I feel as if it is just me and him.

The band starts playing a song I have never heard before and Derek takes a step towards me.

He bows down and for a moment I stay watching him.

A vague memory pops up in the back of my mind.

"When a gentleman bows you curtsy," my father smiles down at me as I look up at him.

My father bows down and I bend my knee further than I intended too. My small body crashes into the ground.

His strong arms lift me off the ground.

"Try again but be more gentle," he whispers as I fight back my tears.

Derek glances up at me. I swallow down hard and curtsy before him.

There is a relieved sigh that escapes him and he straightens up. Derek steps up to me and snakes his arm around my waist, it feels out of place. His hand presses against the small of my back as he pushes me to get closer. His hand grips mine and I do not want to appear rude so I rest my hand on his shoulder.

"Hello Alpha Blake nice to finally meet you," he smiles at me as his blue eyes smolder mine.

"Likewise," I mutter.

How does he know about you?

"I see that you and Alpha Hunter have something going on," he moves me around the dance floor gracefully.

I nod.

"So I guess you manage to break the mate bond with Marcus." As he says this his eyes glance past me into the crowd giving me a moment to compose myself.

I swallow down my growl at the mention of his name, "Yes I have."

He nods and then spins me out and back to him my back against his chest as he sways me.

"But you're not marked or mated with your mate or his replacement." His fingers glide down my neck where my mark should be.

I hear the venom in his voice as he finds another way instead of mentioning Hunter's name. I am facing my table and my eyes go to Hunter, who looks tortured, Derek's lips go to my ears.

"He is Marcus's replacement isn't he?" He twirls me around so that we are now facing each other.

"With all due respect, why does that matter to you?" I try to keep my composure but I am at the brink of losing it.

Why is he bringing up things that have nothing to do with him.

"I'm just trying to figure you out since you are an enigma. You're a new alpha, you went into hiatus of your alpha duties after your father's death and again when your mate left. You come out of nowhere stronger than ever gaining the biggest pack in this side of the country second only to mine and you think that it's none of my business."

The music slows and when he twirls me I make sure to take an extra step away from him. He smirks at me and bows down I do the same.

"Thank you, Alpha Blake, for allowing Alpha Storm to dance with you," the speaker's boom and I nod my head a bit.

Derek comes to me and guides me back to my table where I eagerly wrap my arms around Hunter. He hugs me tightly and I hear him say you're welcome. I do not dare look back at Derek. I feel free from his hold and at the moment I do not want to be held captive again.

"Can you believe that we have to wait until they call to the dining hall to eat?" Andrew groans and Angie smacks him playfully. I sit down and Andrew leans towards me. "What's the matter?"

I swallow down my anger, "He knows everything about me!" I can feel his stare on me and I bite down yet another growl.

"He knows everything?" Hunter does not stop his growl from surfacing his eyes dart towards Derek but he is busy talking to some other people.

"That must be why everyone knows about you and breaking your mating bond," Angie gasp as she knows that she said too much and I narrow my eyes.

"What?" I snap and I can see that people turn to look at me.

"Apparently he has been seeking out information about you all over," Angie lowers her head as my alpha aura bursts through me and I know everyone is looking at me. My head snaps in the direction of Derek.

"He isn't," why would he be doing that?

"According to the people I overheard someone of them think that your mate was the alpha and that you killed him to gain his alpha title."

"You're crossing a line," I hiss and Hunter grabs me trying to calm me down.

Derek looks at me and grins, "I don't think so." His words are just a whisper but they are loud to my ears.

He looks smugly at me and I can feel my wolf wanting to surface and I know that threatening the head alpha can be punishable by death. At the moment I do not care I want to go after him. I do not even know him and yet I want to sink my claws into him.

A bell chime silencing everyone, "Dinner is ready." Andrew swallows hard I believe he lost his appetite as well as the rest of the table.

This boy better watch himself!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 532 35
Two strangers fall captive to a sudden delectable aroma in the air. The scent guides their eyes to meet, igniting a spark which blazes into an infern...
92K 3.2K 40
Violet Thomas never filled the role that anyone wanted her to. Leading up to her 17th birthday, her father is excited for her to meet her mate, and f...
250K 10.6K 63
[COMPLETE] Rough Draft ***The revision is now complete. I changed the title to The Mark of an Alpha. I am not sure if I am going to keep this copy up...
Save Me By jlm

Werewolf

407K 15.6K 94
BEING EDITED. |Book One| For the past 3 years, she's been living a normal human life. Although she wasn't particularly happy, she preferred it more...