The Materialists | Book 1 + 2...

By Kujiis

[ FINISHED - unedited ] ❝How do I... How do I stop them?" "You want to stop them?" Rachel raised an eyebrow. ... More

00
00.5
prologue + disclaimer
01 | Gold Digger
02 | Gucci is Slutty
03 | Social Suicide
04 | Pre-fuckup Plans
05 | Pretty boys
06 | Bathroom sex
07 | Cake Face
08 | A Party for the Privileged
09 | She's Too Perfect
10 | The Queen Bee is a Bitch
11 | The Real Devil Is Never Disguised
12 | The Beginning of the Beginning
13 | You Aren't Important Enough
The Invitation
14 | Champagne for the Sane
15 | The People in Power are Fools
16 | Bruised Apple
17 | You play Chess, I play Checkers
18 | The Game Of Life
19 | Lucifer is a Saint
20 | Tic-Tac-Toe
21 | You Should Be Scared
22 | She Is Temporary
23 | You can drown or you can die
THE DYNASTY {} Book 2
Cast & Playlist {} Book 2
01 | im only famous in AUS
03 | I make allies not friends
04 | you'd be a terrible businesswoman
05 | the queen bee is a bitch, pt 2.
06 | there's always something to be tired of
07 | but please don't hate me
08 | so no goodbye?
09 | this isn't a formal gathering
10 | dogs get the scraps
11 | every story has two sides
12 | a devils resurrection
13 | the queen hasn't fallen, yet
14 | always one step behind
15 | scared of the crown
16 | you are officially fucked
17 | one last gesture
18 | the lonely king that was never alone
19 | you weren't thinking
20 | the truth
21 | do I look like a cat person to you?
22 | but I missed you
23 | shes her mothers daughter
24 | so I'm not allowed to care?
25 | we can figure this out
26 | comfort and closure
27 | self control
28 | one-way ticket
29 | the good kind of selfish
30 | In a while crocodile
31 | farewell, _____ _____
Epilogue
Authors Q&A

02 | this is the GIRLS bathroom

3.8K 162 25
By Kujiis

And I keep to myself
Fuck with no one else
And I know it's my fault but I don't care

✂︎------------------------

STUMBLING, I forced myself up. All I could think about was how it was too soon, and how I was far from ready. Confrontation wasn't something I enjoyed, which is another reason everything I've ever done at this school so far was deeply planned out to avoid that. I liked to make sure if anything went wrong it wouldn't be traced back to me. So now, after I'd ignored all of his calls, all of his texts, and blocked him, I sure as hell didn't want to be in this position.

I'm sure everyone was confused, but I tried to keep a straight face as I left. Once in the hallway, I heard the footsteps from behind me. Keep walking, keep walking, I told myself.

"Laurene!" And there it was. That voice.

"Her names Laurene?" I heard a feminine voice follow up.

"Not now, Savien."

I sped up my walk to a run, not looking back as I pushed into the girls bathroom. My heart was racing, even faster than before. Maybe I was wrong, maybe I was stressed at all before just preparing for this moment because maybe somehow my mind knew Reece was here and didn't think to warn me. Locking myself in the stall, I forced deep breathes in and out. But my chest felt like it was closing up and I just couldn't control myself. Why didn't anyone tell me? Why didn't he tell me?

Because you blocked him, dumbass.

The bathroom opened, and I closed my hand over my mouth trying to make the sounds of me half dying while crying less obvious. I pulled my legs up so no one would see my feet from under the stall, but it didn't matter. The knock on the stall, my stall, was more like a light tap.

"Laurene, I-I tried to tell you but you-," His voice cracked and I let out another muffled cry.

Breathe you stupid bitch, how insecure and emotionally unstable are you?

He already knew I was in here, and it's not like I could keep ignoring him. "Can we just talk? Please," He asked, stepping back.

I took a deep breath, taking out my phone and using the toilet paper to fix my makeup to the best of my ability before unlocking the door and stepping outside of the stall.

And there he was. Looking almost the same from when I left. Floppy brown hair parted in the middle, dark brown eyes, tanned skin with pink on his cheeks that never fade. All in all, he was...perfect? I need to stop using that word. He was beautiful. And that made me mad because it's always harder to say no to a cute face. He's a literal puppy.

"Talk," I pushed, crossing my arms.

Reece looked me over, and maybe he saw something he hated because I swear his eyes grew darker. "You look... different."

Preppy was the word he was probably thinking of. "That's all you have to say?"

"No! I- why'd you dye your hair?" It was a light brown before. 

I dyed it because I couldn't stand to look in the mirror and see even a little bit of something he liked in me. I didn't use to wear much makeup either, It took to long to put it on. But when we broke up I tried to change everything about me. Hair, makeup, clothes, even attitude. Believe it or not, I never used to be THAT MUCH of an uptight backstabbing bitch.

"I don't like brown hair," I lied, and I could see him look offended, only for a second before he straightened his posture.

"You're still a bad liar," He replied, turning his head. He was right, I couldn't lie near him. He could see right through everything I said. Everything.

"What do you want, Reece? You wanted to talk and all you've done so far was ask me irrelevant questions."

"Why didn't you answer my calls?"

"You broke up with me, I didn't think it was necessary to still be talking to you when you clearly wanted to be apart."

"I broke up with you because you wanted to be in every guys pants except mine," He shot back.

I laughed dully. "Really? That's your excuse. You ended everything because I didn't want to have sex with you anymore? Ironic."

"That's," He sighed, kicking the ground. "That's not what I meant. I mean you didn't care about our relationship so what was the point? You were wasting my time."

"I didn't care? I didn't care?!"

"Yes-."

"You're unbelievable, Reece. If anything, you're wasting my time," I spat. Turning to leave. "And get the fuck out of the girls' bathroom!"

I couldn't even begin to understand how Reece got in his thick skull that I was the one who didn't care. Wasn't he the one who broke up with me? Yes, he was. Savien was waiting outside the second I barged into the hallway. Stomping my way to my next class because lunch was practically over, she followed quietly.  She didn't say anything until I was practically outside of my class which was next to the library. Waiting outside furiously scrolling through Instagram, she waved her hand in front of my face.

"I don't know what happened between you two but... if you need anyone to talk to I'd like to assume we're friends," She said, almost a whisper. It was clear she wasn't good at these types of things.

"I'll be fine, thanks," I replied, looking up for a second. She had a frown on her face, eyebrows furrowed. She nodded her head, not saying anything.

"Well, my next class is like...on the other side of the school so," She turned, beginning to walk away. "I'll see you in last period? We're in the same class anyway."

But I didn't make it even halfway through the 5th period. It just kept getting harder and harder to pay attention, and I felt like I was putting all my focus in trying to breathe because that was getting harder to. I left school through one of the side doors so I didn't have to pass the main office. I called for an uber instead of my regular driver, not wanting me leaving school early to be known by my parents. In the ride home, I realized two drastic things.

I didn't get anything I wanted to get done today, in terms of the process of tearing down the A-listers. And having Savien and Reece around would make it a lot harder to complete these things in secret. Partly because I wanted Savien around but I knew I couldn't tell her about my plan, and also because deep down, I didn't want Reece to look at me as any more of a bitch than I have to be to ruin Tao and her little clique.

The real problem is now I have to take over the fucking school, while having people I care about in the way.

Fuck me.

Song Of The Chapter:

I have nothing to say about this chapter except that I hope you liked it ehehe.

Ok I'm done.

Mega heart eyes for anyone reading this.

Ok now I'm actually done bye.

Love you.

;*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 179 33
𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 was raised from the ground up knowing nothing but comparison and perfection. She compared herself to her successful parent...
Bully By x<3

Romance

13.2K 377 23
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── "That's one way to put it. The guy has raging anger issues, constant mood swings and thrives off of tormenting others but still, p...
205K 5.6K 34
"Oh Cmon London! It's not that bad! She's just there to help and protect you! After all there are people coming after me and I wanna make sure your o...
37.5K 910 38
"Lord have mercy on those who disrespect the Queen; for she won't." They ruined her life, Took her love from her, its time she returned the favor ⚜ R...