Passing Motions

By xFakingaSmilex

Blake and Ava must fight for the life they want, even if that involves risking it all. Series Order: Baby St... More

PASSING MOTIONS
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
OTHER STORIES YOU MIGHT ENJOY

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

5.5K 265 24
By xFakingaSmilex

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Water boils in the saucepan as I rummage through the kitchen cupboard for pasta. All that's left is bowties or sheets for lasagna. I shake bowtie pasta into the pot and stare it down. I won't miss cravings, especially the weird ones.

I lean against the bench and tap my fingernails against it. Warm liquid trickles down my leg and I wrinkle my nose.

"Did I just pee myself?" I wince.

I reach for my phone and dial Blake's number. The line rings until I hit the voicemail option.

"Going to the hospital because my water just broke, or I peed myself, I don't know anymore. I'm going to call our mothers and organise things. Oh my goodness, I'm going to have a baby!" I squeal.

Mum answers on the second ring which soothes my erratic heartbeat.

"Hey, I was just about to call you! I made lasagna and I was thinking about bringing it over. What do you think?"

"My water just broke, can you drive me to the hospital?"

"Yes, oh my god, yes! I'm jumping into the car now, so I'll see you soon."

"Thank you."

I end the call and discard the phone on the kitchen bench. I waddle into the bathroom and discard my wet shorts onto the floor and seek out a dress and clean underwear. I wheel my bag to the front door and return to the kitchen.

The water is bubbling, so I empty the water and put the pasta into the bowl. I stab a piece of pasta and pop it into my mouth.

I'm probably not supposed to eat, but I'm starving and I don't care if I poop myself in labour. I just hope they don't tell me about it.

Halfway through the bowl, a small pain stabs my uterus and I groan.

I'll admit I forgot how much labour pains hurt, and we're just in the beginning of it.

I swipe the phone and call Angela.

"Hi hun, what can I do for you?"

"Could you please pick London up from daycare?"

"Of course! Has Blake got something special planned for you?"

"More so, I have something special planned for him." I chuckle.

"Something romantic I hope! It'll be nice for you two to spend some time together before the baby arrives."

"We'll be spending time together tonight, that's for sure." I laugh. "My water broke! This baby is ready to leave my body and enter the world."

"Ah!" she screams. "Do you need me to do anything else?"

"No, but thank you! Mum's on her way and once I get a hold of Blake, I'll get him to keep you updated about what's happening."

"No worries! Good luck, Ava."

"Thank you, Angela."

* * * * *

Pain rockets through my body and I squeeze on the bed railing. My heart races as I attempt to catch my staggering breath.

"Call him once more because I can't do this without him."

"Of course." She nods.

Mum tugs on a smile as she calls Blake. The longer we wait, the more I lose hope. I'm going to have this baby without him.

The door opens and my hope soars through the air, only to be crushed when Dad pops his head inside. The grin is wiped off his face as he finds me shattered on the bed.

Tears stream down my cheeks as my emotions slosh all over the place.

"Where's Blake? I can't do this without him."

"You can do it, and you better believe it, because there's a little baby coming out whether Blake is here or not."

"Little?" I scoff. "She's like the size of a watermelon. I don't remember it hurting this much."

"You won't remember the pain once you've had her."

"I hope so otherwise Blake isn't getting another child from me."

"I'll see if I can get a doctor here," Dad comments.

As he reaches for the door, it swings open and Blake races to the side of the bed. More tears stream down my cheeks.

He clasps my hand and kisses it.

"I'm so sorry, my phone died and I raced here as fast as I could."

"I'm just happy you're here."

He pecks my lips and strokes my forehead.

"I would never miss this! I can't wait to meet our little girl."

"I wish I could start pushing." I grumble.

"Soon baby, you just need to wait a little longer."

* * * * *

A scream rips the air as I collapse onto the hospital bed. The doctor places a bright pink baby on my chest and I burst into tears. I stroke her little cheek and look up at Blake. He kisses her head, then my sweaty forehead.

"I'm so proud of you! She's perfect and you did a great job."

"Thank you." I sniffle.

The nurse stands beside the bed and smiles.

"We're going to wash and weigh up your little bub and bring her back."

My heart swirls, but Blake squeezes my hand and kisses my hand.

"No worries."

I kiss her cheek and squeeze his hand. Blake winces as my nails dig into his skin.

She places her into a crib and wheels her out of the room. Blake presses his nose against my head and kisses my cheek.

"She's a healthy baby, everything is going to be alright. Have a rest and I'll wake you when she comes back."

"Okay." I sleepily nod.

The midwife cleans me up and I settle into a clean bed and zonk out.

* * * * *

The same nurse rolls the cot into the room with a wide grin. Blake snuggles into my side as a soft snore escapes his lips.

"She's all clean and ready for a feed!"

I squeeze Blake's hand and he jolts awake.

"Is this your first time? Do you need some help?"

"Can I call you if I need help?"

"Of course." She nods.

The nurse places our bub on my chest and a few tears trickle down my cheek. Blake moves to the chair and watches in awe.

When the nurse leaves, Blake unclips the strap on my nighty and I nuzzle her to my chest. I squeeze my toes and hiss as her lips latch on.

I'm so in love but uncomfortable.

Blake's phone buzzes, but he ignores it.

"Are your parents coming in tonight?"

"Tori's taking London, and then they're coming in."

"Oh okay."

"Once we're ready to come home, Tori will bring London back."

"Okay." I nod.

"We should pick a name for her." Blake smiles.

"What names do you have in mind?"

"Sophia, Evelyn, Mila, Aria and Camila come to mind."

"Hm, Mila and Sophia are nice names." I nod.

"We don't have to pick right away."

"I thought I'd know when I saw her, but I have no idea."

"We can figure it out tomorrow. Until then, we can enjoy our time with her." Blake strokes her fingers and smiles.

"Sometimes I forget how tiny London used to be. I'm used to her being big and racing around the house."

"I know the feeling." I chuckle.

"I can't wait for our parents to meet her, and London. I hope she loves her new sister."

"She's going to love her so much." I smile.

Once she's finished feeding, I pass her to Blake and he swaddles her in the blanket. He rests in the chair with her on his chest. My heart swells with so much love, I think it really might explode this time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Baby Steps By Stephy

Teen Fiction

12.6M 347K 38
Sometimes we keep secrets because we know the truth will hurt more, but what happens when you keep a secret? Ava pretends she's happy despite struggl...
24.4K 1.1K 32
After years of marriage and a devastating accident. Ava's husband asks her do something that pushes her outside of her comfortable box.
678K 23.5K 32
As their life turns towards a new adventure, secrets from Blake's past threaten their relationship once more. However, a hidden discovery might just...