Dark Despair (Book 2: Togethe...

By queennightfurious

"We're training everyone to ride dragons." Drago is back and has allied with Grimmel. Sky is the alpha, she i... More

Trigger Warnings
Prologue
Denial
Forgiveness
The First Rescue
The Rescues
Alive
Reveals
Preparing for War
Setting sail
The Hidden World
War Cry
Love on the Battlefield
Grimmel and Drago
Worth it?
Aftermath of War
Fish makes us Understand
Dreamchaser
Soulmates
Toothless's Welcome
Memories
Defenders
Dragon Lady
Snoggletog
A/N #1
Delta
Trillium
Captive
A/N #2
Too close
The Mist Disperses
Saving Mist
A/N #3
Chieftess
A/N #4
My life is CURSED
So close
Hiccup's Alive
And... He's back
Lessons and Setbacks
Seeing you again
Character guide

Magnar

81 3 6
By queennightfurious

???'s POV

I watched to sunrise and felt a strong connection start to pull me North. The pull was fading quickly, but I remembered to go North.

"Why do you always get up so early?" Eclipse asked.

"Because every day I feel like I've missed something that would change my life. Like the birth of a hatchling or someone becoming mates with another. I sense a pull North I don't know why, though. It's a different presence than Astrid's."

"Great here we go again. Another long flight to who-knows-where." Mist stated.

3 days later

We'd been flying steadily North for a few days when I felt Astrid's presence again. This time East. Half the time I felt as if we were flying in circles and never had a single fixed point in mind.

I changed course towards my to-be-mate.

"Ugh! Stop changing courses all the time! We've passed that island, like 1000 times!" Eclipse complained.

I debated flying North again but ruled it out when I thought of flying towards Astrid.

That night I hung upside down from a tree, "You know. I'm sorry I dragged you two onto this trip. Sometimes I feel like I'm going in circles and will never find my way home."

"Dragged us onto this trip? You tried to make us stay. You asked us if we were sure we wanted to come." Eclipse scoffed.

"Besides that, we want to make sure you find your way home. We've both lost our entire family we wouldn't want that to happen to anyone else." Mist explained and Eclipse nodded.

I smiled at the two of them. My only friends.

2 months later

Delta's POV

I woke up beside my mate, Darkstar. Most people knew by now that we were mates. And I swear the only exception right now was my dad. I rolled my eyes and sighed before attempting to stand up.

"Don't get up yet," Darkstar grumbled while pulling me back towards him with his wing.

"Oof! But, I'm hungry." I said after falling onto my side.

"Ten more minutes."

"Fine, but I'm starving. I could eat an entire flock of sheep right now."

"Okay, okay, okay! I'll get you some fish!" He shouted as he got up. I stretched.

"Thank you."

We sat together for breakfast after Darkstar caught a giant pile of fish.

"I'm going to talk to my dad today."

"What about?"

"That we're mates."

"You haven't told him yet?"

"Mom tried, but he wouldn't listen. Then I tried the next day and he still wouldn't listen. Now he's trying to set me up with this dude called Magnar."

"Who is this Magnar?" He said with annoyance.

"Relax! I hate him. He's rude, annoying, constantly in my face, and is always asking me out. Just don't torch him, my dad, would not be happy." 

"Fine, but if he ever gives you trouble teach him a lesson."

"Don't worry, I will."

"Love you, Delta. Bye."

"I love you, too. Bye." I said and took off. Ugh, why do I feel so heavy lately?

I ran into my mom on the way, "Hey, mom!"

"Delta! How are you?"

"Honestly? A little tired and hungry." Wait? Why am I tired and hungry? I literally just had a good sleep and a good meal. Oh well. "How are you?"

"Happy. Where are you off to?"

"Trying to tell dad that I've got a mate. Care to join me?"

"I've got nothing better to do. So why not?"

We walked the rest of the way. I saw dad first and shifted. I spoke up, "Dad!"

"He can't understand you, you're still a dragon, dear."

"No, I'm not. I shift... Let me try again." I tried to turn human, but this time I felt a wall stop me, "Mom. Mom! I can't shift! What's going on? I feel as if I'm hitting a wall!" I started panicking.

"Delta! You need to calm down for a second. We'll talk to your father later. Right now let's go find Lagoon, maybe she can help." I nodded. That was a good idea.

"No need to find me! I was taking my morning flight when I saw Delta panicking." She said and landed beside me. "So, what's the matter?"

"I can't shift. I feel as if I hit a wall when I try."

"Okay. Any other weird things happening?"

"Well, I have been extremely tired lately even after a good night's sleep and even after a huge meal I still feel as if I could eat an entire flock of sheep. Also, I feel heavy."

"You're thinking what I'm thinking, right?" Valka asked Lagoon. I saw Lagoon nod.

"What are you thinking?"

"You or me?"

"You. You've known her longer. And you are her birth mom."

"WHAT are you thinking?"

"We think you're with egg."

I looked at her and then everything went black.

"...happen..."

"...waking up!"

"SHHHHH!!!!"

My world slowly came into focus and I noticed that there were people and dragons than before. Oh, yeah... I'm with egg. My head started spinning again, but instead of fainting again it slowly stopped.

I looked at all the faces and I saw that Sky, Peace, Dreamchaser, and Rowan had shown up.

Suddenly, the calm that had enveloped me with the thought of being with egg broke.

"Oh, my gods! Why Freya? Why? Please Loki, please let this be a prank, a joke, a trick! Oh why Oden, why? Why me? I'm too young for this responsibility! I can't do it! I'll be horrible! I'll kill them by accident! Why did you have to do this to me Freya? Why? Why can't this be just a joke from Loki? W-w-h-h-h-y-y?"

"Okay. Am I the only one who's confused?" Rowan asked and I felt the new-comers shake their heads.

"Why is she crying, Mama?"

"I don't know, Dream. I don't know."

"She's with egg." I heard Lagoon say.

I could tell their reactions were immediate even if I couldn't see their faces.

Dream said, "What's that, Mama?"

Rowan said, "No. That's not possible."

"You're sure?" Sky and Peace asked together.

I suddenly heard footsteps coming, the footsteps of Magnar.

I turned around an instinct not to let him get any closer coming out of nowhere, "Delta! How nice to see you again! How are you?"

I leapt at him following the instinct to protect, "Mom, Rowan! Tell him to never come near me again. Tell him that I hate him. Tell him that I have a mate and that the next time he looks at me like he just did I'll rip his throat out."

I saw my dad run up to us and try to help Magnar up from under my claws, "Tell him to stop!" I reinforced the thought with a growl.

"Delta! What are you doing?"

"Teaching him a lesson! Tell him, Mom! Tell him everything! I can't stand this anymore!"

"Okay, Delta stop yelling things for me to tell people. So Magnar, you will never go near my daughter again and she says the next time you look at her like you always do she'll rip your throat out. Second, Stoick, dear, she wants you to stop. Now is not a good time for you to make her angry."

"And why is that?"

I looked at my Mom as she hesitated. I rolled my eyes. "Rowan, please just tell him, please." I was going to continue watching when I felt Magnar start to move again, "Stop, or I'll turn you into food for the fishes."

"Magnar stop moving unless you want to be fish food." He stilled immediately.

"Delta stop threatening your future husband!" Everyone except for Stoick stilled.

I cuffed Magnar on the head knocking him out, then slowly walked towards my father.

I growled at him.

"What? He's perfect in every way! He's perfect for you!" That just made me madder and I couldn't even express why.

"Dad! Stop! I mean it!"

"Why?"

"Why? Why? Because I already have a mate! That's why!" Everyone could feel the rage beating off of me except my father.

"Stoick, she has a mate!" My father stilled.

"What?"

"It's Darkstar. They're mates and Delta is with egg so stop making her mad! Because females with young, eggs or who are with egg are extremely protective and violent and extremely easy to anger."

"Delta. Why didn't you just tell me?" My dad came up to me slowly while I calmed down.

"Because for the next two months she can't shift." Mom answered for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 607 10
A Nightlight a species of the 'Unholy' offspring of death a Night fury and a Light fury, this is Y/n she is a Nightlight and a very powerful one, she...
32.2K 579 45
"I understood, then, that so long as I with Toothless, I would always have a home." For the first five years of his life, Hiccup had a home, a family...
350K 11K 111
[BOOK 1/1] You are your average fangirl, but an outcast to your family. Your mother died when you were just 3 months old. Your father thinks you are...
184 1 2
Was going to be a one-shot but I decided to turn it into an actual book. Oh I decided to change Hiccup's age, so when they defeated the Red death...