Love never dies |completed|

By bubbleybunnies

Not sequel but different story from Dil ki dhadkhan. A story of army officer and navy office. How would bot... More

Prologue + character sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chpater 61
Chapter 62
Epilogue

Chapter 60

343 66 7
By bubbleybunnies

Exhaustedly she leans back on the chair closing the files. Her fingers raised up to rubs neck as she felt stiffen. A soft groan escaped as her phone starts ringing.

Glancing at the phone that were ringing and lying under piles of papers on her desk. Stretching her hand she grabs the phone and looks at the caller id.

Answering the call, she brought the phone close to her and puts it on speaker.

Avni : hello mom.

Swetha : hello Avni. Where are you? Did you see the time? It's too late.

Her eyes fell on the clock and her eyes widen realising the time. She bits her lips and sighs nervously.

Avni : mom. I'm sorry. I didn't realise the time. I'll pack my stuff and come. Did dad come home?

Swetha : it's okay beta. No your dad hasn't arrived home. Can you please check on him too?

Avni : off course mom. I'm very sorry.

Swetha : you don't need to apologise. Come home soon both of you.

Avni : okay mom.

She ended ended the call and quickly packs stuff. Shuffling her laptop and files in a bag she stood up. She also tidied up her desk.

Grabbing a blazer from the chair, she placed it on the arm and holding a bag in one hand and in other hand, she walks out of the cabin and headed towards Prakash's cabin.

Knocking on the door she waits till she heard his voice. Pushing the door she peeps inside and see Prakash typing on the computer.

Avni : dad!

Hearing her voice, he snapped his head from the screen and looks at her with a smile.

Prakash : when did you come? You don't need go knock beta. Come inside. Have you finished with your work?

Entering inside she stood opposite and looks at him.

Avni : dad what are you still doing in office? Shouldn't you be at home? Why are you working till late?

Prakash sheepishly smiles saving the work and shutting the computer and turning all his attention on his daughter.

Prakash : i had some work to complete beta. It's complete now. We can leave. Did your mom call?

Avni : I can't understand you dad sometime. Yes mom did call. You will be scolding by her today. You're working too much. It isn't good for your health dad.

Prakash packed his belongs and walks towards Avni.

Prakash : Little scold by your mom won't be harm dear. Let's go home.

She shook her head seeing how chilled he was but realising why he was working late in office. She sighs and follows him outside the cabin.

They walked to the car park and looks at each other before getting into the car. They settled down in Avni's car and fastening her seatbelt she starts driving to khanna mansion.

Rolling the window, she allowed the breeze hit her face. Her glanced at Prakash in between and found smiling to himself. She frowns but chucked her thought away.

Exact it's been two weeks since Neil went back to military. Not many things have changed. Just as promised Avni joined working with Prakash in khanna industrial next day morning.

Everything was going so smoothly. Working in khanna industrial was way of her distracting herself, it has been worth and best for her. She was loving helping and working with Prakash.

In this two weeks she hasn't been able to contact Neil due to the mission he went straight away after reaching there. Her heart ached and craved to hear his voice every day. She tried reaching to him but failed every time. She hasn't lost her hope.

There wasn't a single day where she didn't miss him or cried her heart out. Her sleepless night was becoming her habitual. It was difficult for her to sleep.

She would hardly get 4 to 5 hours sleep. Her whole hurts.

Her trance were broken by Prakash voice. She looks at him.

Avni : sorry, dad! You were saying something?

Prakash : yes! Where are you lost?

Avni : nowhere dad! What were you saying?

Prakash : Neil called this morning. He was asking about you. He even called you.

Her eyes widen hearing his name. Her heart was pounding loudly and faster. Her eyes welled up but she held on the tears.

Avni: he.... Called..

Her voice cracked up. Her voice starts to shutter up. Her voice held the pain and longing.

Prakash : yes he did. He is okay. I didn't tell you earlier because of back to back meeting and Neil even stopped me not wanting to disturb you.

Avni : dad.. he didn't call me.. I didn't get call from him.

Prakash : his number changed.. his pervious phone broke. He said he will call you again later. I can send you his new number.

Avni holding her heart and desires to listen to his voice she nodded her head and looks other side wiping her tears off.

They both walked inside mansion and spotted swetha sitting in living room watching tv.

Swetha head snapped at the door as she heard their voices. She looks at them getting up after turning the tv off.

Swetha : finally you both graced with your presence. Have you seen the time?

She scolds Prakash as she took his bags. Avni chuckles at the couple and muttering a sorry to swetha headed to her room.

Entering inside the room, she placed her belongs on the couch and went to washroom to fresh up.

Splashing water over her faces, she stares her reflection in the mirror. Her eyes welled up as she remembered him. Her heart ached with a pain.

Grabbing a towel. She wiped her face off and walks out of the washroom. Her eyes fell on her phone that were lying on the couch.

She moves to couch and got hold of her phone and saw unknown number missed an hour ago.

She slapped her head and thought to call back after dinner. Sighing herself, she walks out of the room and went downstairs only to see swetha scolding Prakash who wasn't even paying attention on her.

She held the giggles and walks towards them and wraps a arm around swetha.

Avni : mom, please don't scold dad. It wasn't his fault. I didn't notice the time. I'm sorry. Don't be angry with dad.

Swetha : Avni, don't support him. It's his fault. You don't need to cover his mistake. This time I'm letting it gone but next time I won't.. go fresh up.

She gave a look to Prakash who shook his head and rushed to his room.

Swetha turns looking at Avni.

Swetha : why do you cover his mistakes?

Avni : mom. It was truly my mistake.

Swetha shook her head knowing father and daughter have teamed against hers.

Swetha : I need my son back. I can't have you both going against me.

Avni laughed out hugging swetha. Swetha smiles seeing her laughing after so long. It was rare to see Avni smiling or laughing after Neil went back. They have noticed how Avni behaves after his departure. They were sad and would always try to do something that would make her happy.

Swetha broke the hug and pats her head.

Swetha : don't butter me up. Let's have dinner.

Avni smiles and nodded her head follows to dinning table. Avni took her seat while swetha severed her.

Even Prakash joined after freshening up and sat on his chair. He apologised to swetha to which she avoided him and serves him food.

They had their dinner while talking. Avni wishing them goodnight went to her room.

As her normally routine, she took his a  pair of shirt and changing into it she climbs on the bed and covering herself grabs her phone.

Her heart starts pound loudly as she stares the phone screen. She was in dilemma wondering should she call or not.

After thinking a lot she final made her decision and dialled the number. She could feel her heart beat pounding faster as the ring went. Her one hand fisted the bedsheet tightly.

Her whole body froze when she heard his soft after so long. It felt likes years since she heard his voice. Her eyes brimmed with tears. Her voice hitched up.

Her body tensed up as she heard him speak softy. She wasn't able to answer him back. Her emotions bolted up. She placed a hand covering her mouth as she felt like crying..

Holding her up  tears she spoke..

Avni : Neil..

Neil : yes love. How are you?

Avni : Neil... how are you?

Her voice betrayed her. She wasn't able to form a word.

Neil: love. Please stop crying. I'm sorry I wasn't able to call within two weeks time. I got really busy and hadn't much time to call.. I'm really sorry love. I know I broke my promise.. I'm sorry. Intentionally I broke it love. Please forgive me. I'm sorry love. I know you would be mad at me. It's all your right love. You should be mad at me. I'm sorry love.

He apologised for breaking his promise. He wasn't able to keep his promise. He felt so helpless and guilty.

Avni : Neil... it's not your fault.. it's fine.. I just wanted to speak to you. How are you? Did you eat? Are you okay?

Her worried about him concerned her.

Neil : love.. I'm okay.. I'm doing okay.. I heard you joined the business.. how come you still up?

Avni : I arrived home an hour ago.. I had some work..  Neil I want to see you..  can I do video call?

Neil simply turns the audio call and did video call.. soon as she saw his face her heart shattered seeing his face bruised up. A sob escaped from her mouth as she stares his injured.

Avni : how did this happen?

Neil : I got injured during a mission. I'm okay now. It doesn't hurt. I got medical treatment though. I'll be fine love. You don't worry.

Avni : how can I not worry Neil? It looks so bad.

Neil : it will heal love.. I really miss you.

His eyes brimmed with tears too as he stares at his phone screen seeing her face.. he could see the sadness and loneliness and longing of his presence in her eyes. He could see it how her eyes tried and how her body looks weak.

His heart broke into pieces as he stares her.

Avni : I miss you too... I return back go to work next week ... can we meet up Neil?

Neil : I can arrange that love... I'm nearby by so we definitely can.

Her heart craved to be in his arms hiding from the world. Their eyes pained seeing how much the separation is affecting them.

They continued to talk till her eyes dozed up. Neil chuckles lightly and thought to end the call.

Neil : love.. you should sleep. You look very tired.

Avni : no! I want to talk to you.. sleep can wait.

No matter how much he wanted to speak to her for hours but he can't be selfish seeing how tired she looks.

Neil : no love! You should sleep now.. please take some rest. Please do it for me.

Avni sighs and nodded her head.

Neil : goodnight love. I love you so much.

Avni : goodnight Neil. I love you too.

They ended the call. She placed the phone on the side table and covering herself with a duvet she closed her eyes tried to sleep hugging his pillow close to her chest.

~

Hope you liked the chapter.

Vote and inline comments.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 6.8K 71
Sequel of "being love with superstar". Blessing.. what does blessing means to you? A story full of journey of emotions.. A cute love story betwee...
187K 14.1K 54
What happens when Avni gets to marry her boss for 3 months but one of them end up falling in love with the other ?❤️ Plz give it a try .. because I...
41.4K 4.2K 19
Avni has lost her memory and wants to leave but Neil wont let her go and is determined to remind her of their love. Will he succeed or is their love...
105K 11.5K 52
What will happen after such long separation. Will they be back together or fall apart. What is destined in future. Tags: 10years #2 Aditirathore#8...