Control (Krusie)

By Aivianne

(C O M P L E T E D S T O R Y) Control... It was something that slipped through Kris' hands after the adventu... More

Prologue
1- Nothing
2- Strange concern
3- Drowning in darkness
4- Mumbles and care
5- Truancy
6- Rain
7- Safe in her arms
8- A curse of our own
9- Stronger
10- Closer
11- Sweet smiles
12- It's all your fault
13- The check up
14- Ferocity
15- Welcome home, Asriel
16- Piano keys
17- Father's view
18- Gone and here
19- Unexpected thoughts
20- The Player
21- Undeniable Feelings
Special Halloween Oneshot
22- Different
23- Read and Believe
24- De ja vu
25- Unlikely
Special Christmas Oneshot
26- No more fear
27- Shaking
Epilogue

28- Determination

1K 24 33
By Aivianne

The next chapter is the Epilogue and I am shooketh. We're so close to the ending, I might start crying :')

That's my attempt at "If Deltarune was an anime." Yeah, I made Kris look like a trap 'cause he's genderless. It's still the rough sketch, though.

•••••••••••

Susie and Kris dodge the large debris with tenacious speed. Looking serious and not wasting a second.

This was the last mission.

The last they had to fullfil to end all this chaos once and for good.

Dust fled with the wind as more of the structure came caving in. Both of them ran in full sprint, looking forward and not looking back, not even once.

Their breaths were ragged, darkness loomed over, as they struggled to reach the light to the way out.

They ran and ran through darkness, slowly beginning to see figures.

Finally! They could get out.

With a surge of determination flowing through them both, they ran and ran.

Ran through darkness, going towards the light.

Faster.

Faster!

And they breathed a sigh of relief, as they managed to make it out alive.

The place was crowded, a lot of murmurs floating around like toxic smoke. Amongst that, Toriel and Asgore ran and engulfed Kris.

Toriel sobbed in worry, as she pulled away, her face contorted to a furious one, "Kris ,why did yo-!" But she was cut off as the building utterly and finally gave out.

Asgore managed to pull away all three of them, coughing. He was determined to keep his family safe, and that wouldn't change for anything.

And Susie is part of their family now, after all.

The crowd went to a panic and dispersed.

Asgore breathed heavily and clutched all three of them close to his chest, his fatherly side kicking in out of reflex.

The crowd went from mere whispers to full silence as a dark figure emerged from the flames, that devious grin still etched onto their dusky lips.

Kris' breath hitched, as fear clouded his vision.

"Ahh... That old man's power did the trick." The Player marvelled as they admired the sight of their form.

Susie's eyes were filled with rage and ferocity, her teeth were bared as she growled.

The entire mass of people behind them were shaking as they heard those eerie words, silent still.

Susie courageously stepped forward with her chin up, not an ounce of fear etching her stance.

Without a word, Kris went to Susie's side, following her example.

The Player had a red soul in their hands pumping with determination.

Kris' observant gaze was set on, and his senses were on full alert. Trying to think of a plan that could save them from this darkness.

Kris' bravery faltered as he saw the vibrant color, and the color of the soul weakened.

Kris titled his head in curiosity as the color came back.

"Why is everyone so quiet?" The Player giggled, "Amazed by my presence?"

The crowd remained silent and unmoving. The Player pouted and huffed, "Now this is just boring." They said.

Their pout changed almost instantly to a sinister smirk as they rose their hands.

"Why don't we have some fun then?"

The flames swarmed together then seperated, moving towards the now panicking crowd.

Kris turned to them and shouted, "Run!"

The crowd reacted and the mosters went to a sprint. Kris saw some of his classmates, aiding Ms. Alphys and Sans who were both majorly injured.

That made Kris' determination burn brighter, knowing he had to keep these people safe.

Then, the flames went faster, it was like it were running itself.

Kris grew scared as the flames grew weaker over time.

And that was when it clicked.

Toriel and Asgore tried to grab Kris, but Kris denied and refused.

Susie stepped in, but remained quiet under the tearful rage of Toriel.

"What are you doing, my child?!" Toriel shouted frantically as the flames grew larger and larger. Even if fire was light, it still didn't shake off the darkness that lingered.

Kris trembled and bit his lip, "Go! You have to go! Go without me!" He shouted.

"What?!" Asgore shouted, booming voice shaking the ground, "That is ludicrous! Come!" He tried to grab his arm, but strangely, to no avail.

Kris' lower lip trembled, he parted his fringe to reveal his crimson eyes that were loosing it's vibrancy because of the tears that glossed over it.

"It's going to be okay." He said with a smile, "This is something that I have to face." The smile was weak, forced even, but it was a way to reassure, right?

Well, it was a way, just not a very good one.

Despite the obvious charade he displayed, Asgore couldn't shake that feeling of desperation that was clear and evident in those ghostly crimson eyes.

"Kris! We must be getting-" Toriel tried to persuade, only to have her shoulder grasped by her ex-husband.

Asgore had no idea how his son is involved in this mess, but if he was willing to do something good, then why stop him?

The life of his son is in serious danger, Oh, he knew that part well, but how could he say no to those eyes?

He was torn and confused. Thankfully, Susie had stepped up and took the words right off his mouth and spoke breathlessly.

"I know this is a hard thing to ask for, but please trust your son." She grasped Toriel and engulfed her like she was her own mother, "I know trust is a delicate thing, but just this once, will you trust your son to dive into danger?" She added with pleading eyes.

Toriel's rage faltered as she saw the pleading golden gaze of the purple monster.

Toriel had a soft spot for this girl, because of the reason that she reminded her of herself when she was young and naive.

But Susie's request was anything but naive. Toriel bit her lip and hesitated. Was she really considering letting her child in danger? Yes, in fact, she was.

But the deal was sealed as Kris let out one more plea, "Please, mom..."

Toriel breathed out and sighed, with teary eyes, and a forced smile, she kissed Kris' forehead.

And she walked out of that scene, with tensed shoulders, not looking back, fearing she may regret her decision, with Asgore following suite, holding her as they both trembled, hurriedly getting in their car.

The Player was laughing, enjoying bringing destruction and malice to even notice Kris and Susie.

"This is the most fun thing I've ever done!" They giggled, almost innocently even, though nothing was innocent about them. "Though it's pretty tiring..." They huffed.

Kris just stared as they brought even more malevolence, and gulped.

"So, what should we do?" Susie said calmly, but her eyes were fiery and ferocious.

"I don't know." Kris said as he looked at the destruction, "But we have to do something."

"So, we're basically commiting suicide?"

"In a way..."

"I like it that way."

Kris looked at Susie with wide eyes, and she merely grinned.

"Don't got much too lose, anyway." Susie shrugged.

Kris looked at her and brought her to hsi eye level with determined strength, the color in his eyes slowly beginning to rush back, "No, you will live. Just-- give me some time to think."

Susie blushed from his confidence, but that confidence faded as Kris shook it off and his eyes became dull once more.

"I need you to hide." He said simply.

"What?" Susie asked.

"I need you to hide." He repeated.

"Oh, heck no! I'm not going to leave--"

"I need you to hide." He said firmly this time. "And no matter was they do, don't come out."

Susie swallowed a lump in her throat, and relunctantly agreed. Though, she hid, she went somewhere close. As though it was a way for her to keep watch.

Kris breathed in a sigh and hoped that everyone would play their part. He hoped that all the times he remained quiet and observant paid off.

Kris courageously stepped forward and faced The Player head on. The Player's laughs were erratic, like they've been laughing all their lives.

"Oh! Finally came to play?" They teasingly questioned, "Finally! I was getting bored...!"

"Let everyone be." Kris spoke not-so-tenaciously. Susie didn't know whether it was from fear, or something else. His eyes were still a dull shade of red.

"You know that's not so simple!" They giggled, "I have to give them a show! Or do you have something in exchange?"

"I have nothing for you." Kris said emotionlessly. "Nothing."

Kris' tone was eerie, yet nothing was in it. Nothing at all.

"Ha! Just like you!" They said, "YOU ARE NOTHING!" They laughed as if it was the joke, which was of course was one to them, though it was not to most.

Kris didn't fight like he usually would, or even retort. It was just nothing. It was like as if darkness had drained him of determination.

The Player's cheery tone was casted down as they saw Kris being uncooperative to their wit.

The Player sighed and feigned a grin, "Well, this isn't any fun at all."

"Eh, I can still beat the shit out of you."

They unsheathed their knife and began to attack and stabbed Kris' shoulder. Leaving a satisfying dripping mark of crimson through his sweater.

Kris' didn't fight at all, and Susie was getting restless.

'Don't come out.'

Susie growled as she remembered and gritted her teeth as if that was going to lessen her restlessness.

Kris was getting bloodier, and he whimpered and screamed from the pain, still not fighting.

Susie reacted, and once again, Kris' voice repeated.

'Don't come out.'

Susie groaned and continued to hide beneath the shadows.

Kris was getting weaker and the light in his eyes were slowly beginning to fade.

Biting her lip until it bled, Susie remained uneasily sitting in the same spot.

'Don't come out.'

What was Kris doing?

What could he possibly gain from this?

"HA HA!!!" They giggled.

Kris looked like he was at his final line, and he smiled weakly.

And that was when Susie snapped.

Rebelling against his order Susie rushed with inhuman speed. Snatching the almost white soul from the disposal of The Player.

They couldn't react fast enough, and Susie was able to make the soul enter Kris' body. Once it entered, a partial of his color came back, and Kris smiled triumphantly.

"Huh, so I was right." He mumbled to himself.

"What?" The Player growled not fully understanding.

"Heh." He smirked as his skin began transcending from pale to tan, "This determination is not yours, is it?" He stepped forward.

Oddly, The Player stepped back and strangely looked frightened.

"You need my soul to stay in power, because you yourself don't have any." Kris' wounds were very fresh, but he didn't seem to mind, as he walked with evident ferocity.

The Player's knife switched again, and went to Kris' bloodied hands.

"So, that's why you've been hurting me... Knowing I'd fight back..." Kris continued, "Fueling my determination. So that you can fuel yourself."

Kris coughed, "The one thing I don't get is, why?"

The Player smiled, almost genuinely, "You've finally figured it out." The voice slowly switched to a voice that was feminine and was immediately flickered back to that eerie voice, "This all just a game to me. A story. You're all just my toys, for me to control." They grinned.

"YOU WILL NEVER HAVE CONTROL!" Kris shouted.

"Because I am in control." He continued.

He raised his knife, ready to land a blow.

"And I am filled with determination!"

Kris landed the knife straight to their chest, stabbing it over and over.

And eventually gave out, and he fainted.

The Player had a content smile, and became nothing more than dust, and soon disappeared.

The last thing Kris felt before succumbing to the temptress sleep was Susie's arms.

••••••••••

Hello! GUYSSSSS I AM SO SORRY FOR BEING GONE!!! For like 2 WHOLE WEEKS?!!

Life's been a buttcheek and throwing problems left and right, and I've been having trouvle catching'em. But! I pursued and have brought you this chappie :3

That being said, thank you for waiting for this chapter. This is so sad, since this is the last chapter, and the next one is the Epilogue and will mark the end of this book.

The first ending that I planned was majorly crummy so I had to redo half of this chapter. And after a couple of redos this chappie ver. 4 was the least sloppy and yeah.

Eh, I'll do the ending speech in the next one.

I know the end was kinda crappy and I really didn't reveal who The Player is... but I think you guys can figure it out. The hint that I would give you is that they are in every chapter, using the same font (Okay, I just completely revealed who it is hehe)

And the questions for the Q & A is still pretty open! The questions aren't for me to be honest, just some questions about the book that you want to clarify and whatnot.

Okay, that's a long ass rant.

How did you like the last chapter, Reader-Sans?

Author-chan Out!

~Aivianne

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.1K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
307K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
2.1K 53 17
It's a story about shipping, whether it be with your transformer persona or 2 different bots. Requests will, of course, be asked as I can not know ev...
85.8K 1.2K 23
˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚ᴵⁿ ᵃ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ ᵒᶠ ᵇᵒʸˢ, ʰᵉ'ˢ ᵃ ᵍᵉⁿᵗˡᵉᵐᵃⁿ ౨ৎ ⋆。˚ started march 3 2024 completed: ?? ౨ৎ