Best Friends with Benefits

By SmileGorgeously

"Amari, you guys have been best friends for too long. There's no way you two haven't done something." "We're... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Very Important Author's Messages!
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
Update on Untraditional
37
38
39
40
The End

25

26K 675 520
By SmileGorgeously

Amari

"Look at her." I heard Hunter say to Tyler as he pointed at some girl.

We were sitting in a restaurant called Nando's. I don't think we have this back home, but Angel insists that it's the best restaurant. Tyler has decided not to talk to me or sit beside me, so I was sitting beside Angel instead. This worked out well for us. Angel was sitting across from Hunter so he had full access to Hunter's face and I was sitting across from Tyler and could bathe in his jealousy.

"Is that all you two are going to talk about? Girls?" I asked annoyed.

"If we want." Tyler glared at me. "Angelo, what type of girl do you like?"

"Does it matter?" I glared at Tyler.

Why did he have to put Angel on the spot like that?

"Of course not. We're just trying to include him in our conversation." Tyler shrugged.

"Angel, I could definitely see you with her." Hunter nodded in the direction of a tall brunette girl who had been staring over at our table.

She quickly looked away when we looked over at her.

"I don't know..." Angel said nervously.

"She's staring at you." Hunter said.

"No. She's staring at you." I pointed to Hunter.

He seemed to be very popular amongst the British.

"Really?" He asked fixing his hair. "Should I go talk to her?"

"Duh." Tyler said.

"No." I said and everyone looked at me. "Hunter, she's probably too old for you."

"Uh, I'm a guy. I don't care if she's too old for me." He shook his head. "Amateur."

He stood up and casually walked over to the girl. A big smile spread across her face as he talked to her and we all watched carefully. She reached into her bag and pulled out a marker before writing on Hunter's hand. He said something and she giggled then he walked away.

"Check it out." He showed us the black ink on his hand. "Her name is Vanessa and she likes my accent."

Angel chewed his lip. He looked uncomfortable and I knew I had to speak up.

"Ew." I shook my head.

"Is someone jealous because she hasn't gotten anyone's phone number?" Hunter asked amused.

"No. I just don't like the name Vanessa." I shrugged and glanced over to Angel who looked more relaxed.

"I bet you like the name Angela so much better, right?" Tyler asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Actually, I do." I nodded. "Is that a problem?"

"Actually it is." Tyler mocked me.

Hunter

We listened to Tyler and Amari bicker back and forth as if they were a married couple. How did it come to this? They had just been sharing their deserts and now they were arguing. They were so weird.

"Angel, let's head out." I whispered and Angel nodded.

We grabbed our jackets and left Tyler and Amari to themselves.

"Vanessa's cute, huh?" Angel spoke up when we made it outside.

"She's alright." I shrugged kicking some pebbles around. "She had on a lot of makeup. Not really my type."

"What is your type?" He asked.

"I like mine tall with crazy long legs." I laughed. "Loud laugh and hair they don't know how to manage. I want them to be so imperfect that they're actually perfect for me. Just as weird as I am, you know?"

"Yeah, I get it." He nodded.

"Hey, that golf place was pretty fun." I said. "It was cool of you to take us there. I just wish Amari and Tyler hadn't been arguing the entire time."

"Do they do that a lot?" Angel asked. "Argue?"

"No, but it's not really that big of a deal. Either way it goes, they have their shared secrets and I'm just there trying to fit in." I shrugged.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"They're always together and always have been. They go to the same schools, are in the same classes, attend the same parties, have the same friends. I'm not included in any of that." I shrugged. "But it's alright."

We stood in silence for a moment until Angel spoke up.

"Let's go back to that golf place for a while." He said. "Just us two."

I thought about it and nodded.

"Should we tell them?" I asked.

"No. They'll be fine." He waved his hand and I laughed before following behind him.

An Hour Later

"Don't hit it over there or you'll have to play it from in the bushes." Angel laughed.

"So? I'm a pro at this." I bit my lip and hit the golf ball over to the bushes.

We had put a twist on our game. We were going to purposely hit the balls to difficult areas and see who could get them in the hole first. I'm pretty sure I'm winning.

"Your turn." I said stepping aside for him.

Angel ran his hands through his hair, that was either light brown or blonde, and looked around for somewhere to hit his ball to.

"What if I hit it farther away?" He asked.

"No. That's easy." I shook my head. "Hit it down the hill and try to get it back up here."

"No. That's harder than yours!" He laughed.

"Fine. Let's find somewhere else." I threw my golf club over my shoulder and we looked around.

It was getting dark out, but Mom knew where I was so I was in no hurry to get back to the hotel. Tyler and Amari were mad at me for leaving, but I didn't care.

"Just hit it in the bushes with mine." I shrugged.

"Alright. Stand back." Angel said and he hit the ball over to the bushes.

We both ran over there and prepared to hit the balls again.

"Where'd they go?" I asked moving the branches and leaves.

"Ones right there." Angel pointed at one.

"Is it mine or yours?" I asked.

"We did not think this through, huh?" Angel laughed and I smiled.

"I guess not." I shrugged. "What time does this place close?" I asked.

"Soon." Angel glanced at his wrist watch. "We should start heading back towards your hotel."

"Do we have to?" I asked as we started to walk back towards the main building.

"No. What do you want to go do?" Angel asked looking over to me.

"Anything. I'm only here for three days." I shrugged.

"We can go ice skating if you want." He suggested.

"Nah. That seems boring." I shook my head.

"They have teachers." He said.

"I know how to ice skate." I said.

"So?" He laughed. "Tall female teachers who are very much crazy and single."

"You know, if you didn't look like me with light brown hair, you could've been my wing man." I said. "But I look too good and can't risk you stealing my shine."

"I'm blonde." Angel laughed.

"Same difference." I shrugged.

At the Ice Skating place

"Move!" I laughed skating pass Angel.

He was moving like those people on tv in trashy Christmas movies.

"This isn't a hockey game, Hunter." Angel laughed. "Slow down and enjoy the ice."

"I rather not." I laughed skating backwards and watching him skate. "Who skates with their arms behind their back?"

"The talented." He laughed.

"I can do that." I smacked my lips.

I skated beside him and put my arms behind my back.

"This is so boring." I groaned. "I'll race you!"

"Alright!" He laughed and we raced off.

Back at the Hotel

Angel road the train with me and walked me back to the hotel before heading home himself. When I walked into the hotel room, Tyler was waiting by the door shirtless and Amari was sitting beside him in her pajamas.

"Where were you?" Amari asked.

"Minding my business." I said laying across her lap.

"Why did you leave without telling us where you were going?" Tyler asked.

He was mad.

"I told mom." I said.

"So? You were out with me and should've told me." He said. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

"You're not my Dad!" I mocked the vine and Amari held back her laugh as I laughed loudly.

"This is your problem." Tyler shook his head annoyed. "And yours. You two are so annoying."

He walked away and I saw bright red scratches across his back. He must have Eczema. He should get that looked at.

"I don't know why you're so angry." I said standing up. "You act like I went alone."

"We don't know him!" Tyler yelled at me.

"So?" I shrugged. "Mom knew where I was and said it was okay."

"It's not okay." Tyler groaned. "Why wouldn't you tell us you were leaving?"

"Do you want to know the real reason I left without telling you two?" I asked.

"Duh. That's what I asked." Tyler nodded.

"Because y'all can't beat me up. I'm not scared of y'all punks." I shrugged my shoulders and started to walk away until I was tackled to the floor.

—————————

Hunter's pov!

I hope I didn't disappoint with it.

Although I do know that a lot of y'all, basically everyone, is gonna be mad at me for this!

How do you guys feel about Angel?

How do y'all feel about Angel and Hunter as a unit?

Would y'all consider their little rendezvous a date or what?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 11.6K 26
Zahra Jones only intention was to graduate, discover true happiness and avoid Levi Karldon by all means possible, but that becomes impossible when sh...
234K 12.8K 51
Jasmine and Megan have always been best-friends since childhood. Now that they are older, they are both YouTube sensations who live together. The pro...
14.6K 568 63
There are few things that humble Allie Carson. As a senior, she is a central part of the popular crowd and can have any guy she wants - and she knows...
434K 22.4K 63
The first time Travis ever laid eyes on Aaliyah he fell in love with her smooth chocolate skin and her gorgeous smile . He's determined to do whatev...