Hello Logan

By callheryellow

Logan Andrews has had her share of heart breaks and bad mistakes, but does she have what it takes to accept t... More

Hello Logan
• Prologue •
• 1 •
• 2 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •

• 7 •

15 1 1
By callheryellow

"Go for Lo."

"Are you alright?"

I hummed into the receiver. "Yes, I am. Why?"

"No need for the attitude. I was calling to check on you, you've been ignoring everyone since you left the party the other night. We're all worried about you Logan, you need to get out of the house. Have you spoken to anyone else?"

"I don't have an attitude and no." I ran my fingers through my hair and sat my pen down on the coffee table. It was nine o'clock in the morning and Cynthia has been blowing my phone up since the other night. After the shit show at my dad's birthday party I went back to my apartment and turned my phone off. I haven't spoken to anyone since then. Which is why my best friend is currently on my phone giving me shit for it.

"You do, I can hear it in your voice Logan and you need to call everyone they are worried sick about you."

I hummed. "I'm fine, you worry too much."

She groaned. "Do I need to say what you know I'm going to say?"

I ran my hand down my face. "What are you getting at Cyn?"

"You know what I'm getting at Bub."

I sighed. "Cynthia, I really don't want to talk about it."

"Well, I'm sorry my love but eventually you're going to have to. He's back in town, there's no hiding from that fact."

"He hates me."

"Lo, what are you talking about? You didn't do anything to him. Did he say something to you the other night?"

"He tried to, but I moved away from him before he could."

She sighed. "You're not going to move on until you talk to him. Wait, did someone knock at your door?"

"Door? I don't have a door."

I could imagine her rolling her eyes. "Right, how could I forget? The rich tend to not have one."

I snorted. "I'm not rich, just very fortunate my parents cared about me and my living situation."

"Yeah whatever, but seriously what are you going to do about Michael?"

"Nothing, there's nothing for me to do." My phone beeped and I looked at it. "Give me a second I'm going to call you back, someone's beeping in."

"Okay, I'll talk to you later. Love you."

"Love you too." I switched over. "Go for Lo."

"Thank God! I was worried sick! We've been calling and calling. It's not like you to not answer your phone Logan." She scolded. "Are you okay baby?"

I smiled softly. It was nice to hear her voice. "Hi mom, I'm sorry I didn't call. I wasn't feeling too well, but I'm okay now."

"Hm.. Okay darling, I'm glad to know that you are alright."

I hummed softly. "Thanks mom."

"Of course, but I do need to ask you something."

I got up from the couch and headed to my bedroom. "Uh oh.. What's going on?"

She laughed. "Oh hush. The kitchen staff is preparing brunch for everyone in a few and I would love for you to be here with us."

I hummed. "Sure, what time?"

"Um.. around one, so in about an hour almost. Is that alright with you?"

"That's fine. I'll go and get dressed now. Do I have to dress up?"

"Yes, wear that new dress I brought you."

"The strapless one?"

She hummed. "Yes baby, that one."

"You don't think that's a little too much for brunch?"

"Not at all sweetie, pair it with a nice cardigan. Hurry over. Oh and bring Cynthia as well! Thank you, love you, bye." She hung up.

I️ looked at my phone and shook my head. The lady is a lunatic. I shot Cynthia a text and told her to be ready in twenty minutes. I freshened up then walked over to my closet to get dressed. I pulled out the dress my mom brought me while she was visiting Paris a couple of months ago. It was a gray fitted dress that stopped just below my knee, it had a slit on the side, that showed just the right amount of skin. I paired it with a satin navy blue kimono and white slip on vans.

                       *********

I walked into my parents house and down the corridor with Cynthia behind me. Once we reached the end leading into the living room, we were instantly greeted by Milo Andrews, my adorable four year old nephew.

"Auntie Bub!"

"Hi baby!" I reached down and he jumped into my arms. I held him up and kissed his cheek. "I missed you so much."

He kissed my cheek and snuggled in to my chest. I'm his favorite, despite what Malik says. "I missed you."

"You did?" I whispered with a smile.

He looked up with his big beautiful brown eyes and nodded eagerly. "Mhm."

I pinched his cheeks. "I love you."

He smiled. "I love you."

Cynthia smiled and poked his tummy. "Hilo Milo."

He giggled. "Hi."

"Ah.. there they are! My beautiful girls."

I looked up and saw my dad waving at us. I put Milo down and looked around the living room. It was filled with the Anderson family and mine. Cynthia looked at me and I let out a breath.

My mom smiled. "Hi girls."

Cynthia smiled. "Hello everyone."

I waved. "Hello."

She raised her eyebrow. "Logan, is that anyway to greet our guests?"

I sighed and tried not to run my fingers through my hair. I glanced around the room again and caught his eyes. I just stood there, looking at him openly. I knew everyone's eyes were watching us, but I didn't care. I looked back at my mom. "Can I talk to you for a moment, please?" Cynthia grabbed my arm, I pulled away from her and started walking to the kitchen.

"Excuse us everyone." My mom followed behind me a few seconds later.

I heard her heels clicking against the marbled floors as she entered the kitchen. "Mom.."

"I know what you're going to say.."

I turned around and faced her. "Why didn't you just tell me? Is that why you wanted me to wear this dress?"

"Honestly?"

"Yes, honestly."

"Kind of.."

I groaned. "Mother."

She sighed and grabbed my hands. "I knew you weren't going to come if I told you he was here. Stacy just wanted to see you, you're always so busy Logan."

"Mom, why did you insist on him being here?"

"He's apart of this family you know that. You should talk to him."

"Talk to him?" I scoffed. "No way."

She grabbed my shoulder. "You were talking to him at the party, what's so different now?"

"I wasn't talking to him at the party." I tried not to pull out my hair. "I can't do this. I'm going back home."

"Sweetheart, don't leave."

I sighed. "Mom.."

"Please? I made your favorite." She smiled and pointed to the counter.

"Peach cobbler?"

She hummed and pulled me to her. She placed a kiss on my head. "I know it's hard my darling, but it'll be okay you'll see."

I wrapped my arms around her waist and nodded. "Okay."

"Okay." She kissed my head again and pulled back.

Someone cleared their throat and we both looked at the kitchen's entrance. Michael was leaning against the door frame with his hands in his pockets and his leg crossed over the other. He was looking right at me with those eyes. My heart dropped into my stomach. He was still the most gorgeous man I've ever laid eyes on and I hated him so much for it.

My mom smiled, not oblivious to the look he was giving me. "Hi sweetheart, is something wrong?"

He shook his head and looked at my mom. "No, I just wanted to talk to her if you didn't mind?"

She waved him off. "Not at all, she's all yours." My eyes widened at her response. She smirked and left.

It was quiet for awhile, but after a few minutes of neither one of us saying anything to the other, I turned away from him and walked outside to the patio. I heard footsteps behind me. I didn't have to turn around to know it was him following me.

"Logan."

Silence...

He sighed. "Logan, can't you at least look at me?"

I leaned backwards against the railing and looked at him. "You and Casey?"

He looked down at his feet then back up to me. "If I'd known that she was your friend.."

I held my hand up. "No."

He raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"She's not my friend."

"Oh." He looked at me, confusingly. "So if she's not your friend, why are you upset about us?"

"Upset? I'm not upset."

He raised an eyebrow. "You sure about that?"

I scoffed. "Michael what.." I looked down at my feet. "What are you doing here? I mean, why are you here?"

"Here as in Seattle or here as in your parents house?"

I shrugged and crossed my arms over each other. "Both." I looked at him.

He leaned on the railing beside me while keeping his distance. "After college I always said that I would come back home to be with my family, but I came here for you. Well, to talk to you. I tried to talk to you at your dad's party but..."

I chuckled breathlessly. "Michael..."

He moved closer to me, but it was still a nice amount of space between us. "I don't deserve that. Can you at least hear me out?"

I sighed. "Sure."

He scratched the back of his neck. "I came here.." He gestured to my parents house. "For you. I've missed you. You were my best friend, above anything else."

I softened my gaze and shifted my legs. "I.."

He held up a finger. "I'm not finished. I know we'll probably never be that close again, but I want us to start over. What do you say?"

I cleared my throat and shook my head. "We have.. We have a lot to talk about. I heard what you said at the party of course and I miss you too, more than you'll ever know." I sighed. "I messed up, I really messed us up and I.." I ran my fingers through my hair. "We have a lot of history. We were in love for fucks sake, we can't just move past that without talking about it."

He reached out for me and I stepped back. His face fell and he cleared his throat. "Hey.. Let's.. Let's talk about it okay? Now is a better time than any."

I shook my head. "I don't think that's.." I heard the patio door creak open and looked towards it.

Malik was standing at the door looking at us. "Mom told me to let you guys know that the food is about to be served."

I nodded. "Okay, thank you Mallie."

Malik nodded and went back inside.

I looked at Michael, he had his head down. I was about to reach out for him, but thought better of it. "I'm going to uh, go inside."

He nodded. "I'm going to stay out here for a minute."

"Okay. I'll.. I'll let everyone know." I walked back into the house, but not before stealing one last glance at him. I sighed and walked back into the house and to the living room. Everyone looked at me cautiously.

Cynthia looked behind me. "Where's Michael?"

"He's outside. He said he was going to be out there for a minute."

Stacy looked at me. "Is everything okay honey?"

I hummed. "Yes, everything's okay."

My mom raised an eyebrow. "Logan.."

I groaned. "What do you want me to say mom? That everything's not okay?"

My dad raised an eyebrow at me. "Logan I understand that you're upset, but watch your tone when speaking to your mother."

My mom touched his shoulder. "It's okay honey." She looked back at me. "Darling.."

I ran my fingers through my hair. "I'm sorry, I'm not.. I'm not trying to be disrespectful. It's just.." I could feel my throat closing up. I felt a hand on my back.

"Hey, breathe."

I looked beside me. "Cyn.." My voice broke and I could fill my eyes watering. I looked at my mom. "I can't.. I have to go." I grabbed my phone and ran out of the living room and down the corridor. I heard them yelling my name and continued to run outside and into my car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.7K 3.9K 31
Kendall Prescott and Greyson Carrington. Can a broken heart ever truly heal? Kendall Prescott is looking forward to her wedding to the handsome Mark...
208K 5.2K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
3.1K 107 6
/How can I love the heartbreak when you're the one I love?/ Two lawyers in the cusp of the peak of their respective careers juggle their life and lov...
6.7K 237 52
Spin of PTB & LBB Sean Wayne...... Unfortunate famous designer....... Irrevocably in love Lisa Waynes! People say Love is all about being patient...