A Werewolf and a Human [2] St...

By TeenWolfHuman

Four months after the events that nearly ended Jackson's life and resurrected Peter Hale, the McCall twins an... More

Chapter 1: Tattoo
Chapter 2: Chaos Rising
Chapter 3: Fireflies
Chapter 4: Unleashed
Chapter 5: Frayed
Chapter 6: Motel California
Chapter 7: Currents
Chapter 8: Visionary
Chapter 9: The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Chapter 10: The Overlooked
Chapter 12: Lunar Ellipse
Chapter 13: Anchors
Chapter 14: More Bad Than Good
Chapter 15: Galvanize
Chapter 16: Illuminated
Chapter 17: Silverfinger
Chapter 18: Riddled
Chapter 19: Letharia Vulpina
Chapter 20: Echo House
Chapter 21: The Fox And The Wolf
Chapter 22: De-Void
Chapter 23: Insatiable
Chapter 24: The Divine Move
Chapter 25: The Dark Moon
Chapter 26: 117
Chapter 27: Make-Up Date
Chapter 28: Muted
Chapter 29: The Benefactor
Chapter 30: I.E.D.
Chapter 31: Orphaned
Chapter 32: Weaponized
Chapter 33: Time of Death
Chapter 34: Perishable
Chapter 35: Monstrous
Chapter 36: A Promise to the Dead
Chapter 37: Smoke and Mirrors
THIRD BOOK
NOTICE: Editing/New Stories
NEW STORIES!
NEW BOOK!!
WATTYS 2019

Chapter 11: Alpha Pact

4K 103 26
By TeenWolfHuman

++++++

Sabrina didn't know how long she stayed there on that roof, staring at the spot where she saw her twin walk off with Deucalion. She was breathing very heavily as her eyes stayed focused on that spot.

Then, suddenly, everything started coming down on her. She turned to Stiles who too was staring at the spot where Scott had walked off. Stiles looked over at her. "Derek," she breathed out as Stiles' eyes widened and the two broke into a run down the stairs and got off at the floor where they had last seen Derek.

The two ran for the elevator to find Derek was laying in the exact same spot that they had left him. "Wake up!" Stiles shouted at him. But Derek just lied there, unconscious. Stiles flashed back to the last time that Derek was out like this and went and slapped him, screaming Derek's name but the guy didn't wake.

Stiles then curled his hand into a fist and gave Derek a good punch, but he still stayed unconscious. "Derek, get up!" Stiles braced his hand back and prepared to punch him even harder when Derek's arm shot up and caught him by the wrist.

Derek started looking around for a moment before looking up at Stiles. "Where is she?"

"Jennifer? She's gone, with my mom," Sabrina hurriedly spat at him. "She took her?!" Derek gasped out and Sabrina nodded. "Yeah. If that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So we gotta get you the hell out of here." said Stiles. "Yeah because the police are coming out right now." Sabrina said, having heard the sirens back up on the roof.

Stiles then moved to pull Derek to his feet but he stopped half-way. "Whoa, what about Cora?"

"Isaac and the Argents got her out. But Derek, she's not looking too good. She stopped breathing once and Peter said that she doesn't have much time." 

At that, Derek quickly got to his feet and broke into a run leaving Stiles and Sabrina there staring after him, to be alone in the hospital.  

++++++

Over at the hospital, Stiles and Sabrina were sitting over close to the entrance as one of the officers told them to wait as a FBI agent was going to want to talk to them. Sabrina just sat there, trying to keep herself calm as she let her eyes wander a bit. They wandered to the door when she saw that the fed was now there. But the sight of him made Sabrina's eyes widen. 

Stiles looked at his girlfriend. "What is it, Sabrina?" She didn't answer him as she quickly stood up and ran down the hall. Stiles then looked over to where Sabrina was looking at moments ago and his eyes widened as well. The man noticed Stiles too and his eyes narrowed at the sight of him.

Stiles huffed. "Oh, just perfect," he mumbled to himself. As if the night wasn't horrible enough he had to run into someone that he preferred never to see again for the rest of his life. Scott and Sabrina's, for lack of a better term, dad.

He walked over and stopped in front of Stiles and smirked down at him. "A Stilinski at the center of this whole mess. What a shocker. Think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?"

Stiles just stared at Agent McCall blankly. "If you can ask the questions without the usual level of stupid." he said back to him blankly.

That only made Agent McCall give him an empty smile that faded as quickly as it formed. "Where's your dad, and why has no one been able to contact him?" Stiles just shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't seen him in hours." "Is he drinking again?" he asked him not skipping a beat.

Stiles just narrowed his eyes. "What do you mean, again? He never had to stop." "But he did have to slow down," he cut in. "Is he drinking like he used to."

Stiles clenched his right hand into a quick fist to try and push down the desire to hurl this man into the opposite wall. "All right, how about this? Next time I see him, I'll give him a field sobriety test, okay? We'll do the alphabet. Start with F, end with U."

Agent McCall just kept his game face on with him. "How about you just tell me what the hell happened here?"

But Stiles just shook his head. Even if he wanted to talk about it, Scott and Sabrina's dad wouldn't be remotely in his list of people to talk about it with. "I don't know what happened here. I was stuck in the elevators the whole time with my girlfriend," he said dropping his head.

Agent McCall's expression fell. "You're not the one that painted the name on the doors, are you?" Stiles raised his head back up to look at him. "What name?"

Over at the elevator doors, the name Argent was spray painted there in red.

++++++

Stiles and Sabrina were now at the Argent's apartment to tell Chris and Allison what had happened back at the hospital.

"The word is guardian, Allison," said Chris. "More than anyone, you know that's a role I haven't exactly lived up to lately."

"But she took Scott's and Sabrina's mother and Stiles' father," Allison argued back. "That's not a coincidence."

"Yeah, I'd also consider the fact that someone put your name up in large block letters on the elevator doors. That kind of felt like a warning to me." said Stiles. "I think it might be Morrell," Allison said. "She knows a lot more than she lets on, and she might even be trying to help us."

"Well, she needs to get on that a lot faster, okay? seeing as that the lunar eclipse is less than two freaking nights away," Stiles said before sitting down. Chris looked over at Sabrina and noticed she hadn't said a word at all since she had walked in. "Sabrina, are you okay?"

Sabrina looked up and nodded. "Yeah...I'm fine." 

Chris nodded and looked back over at Stiles. "Stiles, don't give up hope." "He could already be dead." Stiles said. Chris shook his head. "I don't think so. There's something about Jennifer's tactics. It's like she's still positioning, still moving pieces into places." "And you're one of them," Allison said to her father.

"Then let's not wait around to see her next move,"They then went to spread a map of the town with the telluric currents on them. "Everything she's done has been on a telluric current. So Melissa and the Sheriff have to be somewhere on one of those currents, right?" Chris then looked up at Stiles. "Stiles, if we're going to find them, we need your help." 

"So you seriously want to go after her? I mean, what if she just takes you like the others huh? No offense, but what's the difference between you and them?" Stiles shot back. 

"I'm carrying a .45. Maybe she can heal from a shot to the leg and a few slashes to the face, but personally, I'd like to see how she holds up with half of her skull blown off. We've got one priority right now and that is to find Melissa and your dad. We've got a map and every clue we need to figure this out. The only thing we don't have is time," Chris then looked up at the three teenagers. "Which is why I need all three of you."

"Where do we start?" asked Sabrina.

"Alright. The place where the sacrifices have been committed have usually been different from where the bodies have been found. I think the placement has to do with the strength from where the bodies have been found. I think the placement has to do with the strength of the current," Chris explained as he looked back down at the map. "So there's the school, the animal clinic, the bank," 

"Wait a sec." Stiles said stopping Chris. "She wouldn't use the same place twice, would she?" Chris looked up at him. "Only if she didn't succeed the first time." "Scott's boss," Allison realized. "Deaton," Sabrina said. "It was her only failure. That could mean something," Chris suggested. "That's just one place so far. We're going to need a lot more help," said Stiles.

"What about Lydia?" Allison suggested. Chris' eyebrows raised. "Lydia? What can she do?" "Uh, Lydia's got a sort of talent," Sabrina began. "She somehow ended up finding a couple of the bodies, um, without actually looking for them." "Well, what is she? Psychic?" "She's something," she mumbled.

Chris and Allison then began to get their weapons out. Chris held up a gun. "Whoa," Stiles breathed out when he saw the size of it. Sabrina watched as Allison twirled her knives around in her hands while Chris picked up an even bigger size making Sabrina's eyes widen. 

"I thought you guys retired," Stiles states.

"Retired, yes. Defenseless, no," Chris said.

"Just one question," Sabrina asked as Chris looked over to her. "Have you guys always had those weapons and if so...were you planning on using it on me and you know...the other werewolves in this town?" she nervously laughed

"Yes." Chris admitted as Sabrina froze. "That's um...good to know," she mumbled as she took a step back from the Argents, not wanting to be near the weapons.

"Now, make sure you two have your phone's on," Chris said to Stiles and Sabrina. "If you hear from Scott, you two let us know immediately." "Yeah, I'm thinking that's gonna be kind of unlikely." Stiles said. "All three of you, try to remember he's just doing what he thinks is right." 

"I can't shoot a gun or use a crossbow, but-" Chris, Stiles, Sabrina and Allison looked over to the door to see Isaac with his claws out. "Well, I'm getting pretty good at these."

++++++

Lydia was sitting in her living room as Stiles and Sabrina stood opposite her and told her everything that had happened over at the hospital last night. Lydia just shook her head at the end of it.

"No, I don't believe it," she told him sternly. "Scott can't really be with them. He can't be." 

But Stiles slowly shut his eyes. "You didn't see the look on his face, though. It was-" Lydia narrowed her eyes. "Then, what can I do? I mean, I get that I'm some kind of, like human Geiger Counter for death. But I don't know how to turn it on and off yet. All I know is that she tried to kill me because of-" But she froze. 

Sabrina tensed. "Because of what? Lydia, what?" "When she called me a Banshee, she was surprised by it. What if that's not why she tried to kill me?" "Then why did she?" asked Stiles. 

"That's what we need to find out." said Lydia.

++++++

Stiles took Sabrina and Lydia to school with him in his jeep and the moment they stepped out, they went on the prowl for Aiden. They hoped he might have a clue that could tell them what made Lydia so special, since, he had gone after Lydia per Deucalion's request. But, after an hour of scouring the halls, there was no sign of him.

Lydia looked at her phone and hung up after the fourth attempt to call him. "Aiden's isn't texting me back."

Sabrina was looking about. "I'm not picking up his scent anywhere either. Ethan's neither. It doesn't look like they showed up today." Stiles then just stopped in the middle of the hall, completely deflated.

Sabrina gave him a look. "Okay, well, maybe we could just-We could go over there and-"

But Stiles got a message on his phone and quickly went for it. He hoped that it was Scott, but he saw that it was from Isaac. He hoped that he and the Argents were able to find something. But he then opened it and his eyes twitched at what was written.

Lydia noticed it. "What?" She then noticed how Stiles tightened his grip on his phone. That seemed to tell her enough. "Oh god, what is it now?" Sabrina mumbled.

Stiles twitched again. "It's  from Isaac. Jennifer, she...she has Allison's father. She took him. She's got all three now." Stiles' hand was shaking so much he was barely able to put his phone back in his pocket.

"There's still time," Lydia quickly said. "We still have time, right?  

But Stiles looked at her and Sabrina and saw that his vision was starting to blur. His head was starting to get light and he was feeling his chest start to clog up. He could vaguely hear Sabrina talk to him, asking him what was wrong. Everything around him seemed to be acting up. Some things seemed to freeze in motion, others seemed to speed up. He was having a little trouble breathing and was starting to shake where he stood. He looked back at Sabrina and her eyes widened once she realized what was going on.

 "I think I'm having a panic attack," he choked out.

At that, Sabrina took Stiles by his arm and dragged him, leaving Lydia in the hall as she watched them go off. Sabrina dragged Stiles off into the locker room, which thankfully was empty right now. "Okay. Come on. Come on," she said as she closed the door behind them.

Stiles dropped his bag and pushed himself away from her as he stumbled inside and then fell to his knees. He then fell on his arms as he his breathing started to quicken. Sabrina moved to sit down beside him. "Just try and think about something else. Anything else," she said quickly.

"Like what?" he puffed out.

"Uh, happy things. Good things. Uh, friends, family." That made Stiles let go of his chest and grip the floor. "I mean, not family," she said realizing her mistake. "Oh, God. Okay, uh...just try and slow your breathing."

"I can't," he cried. "I can't!"

"Shh, shh. Stiles, look at me." Sabrina then moved to grab onto Stiles' face. "Shh. Look at me. Shh. Look at me," she said softly before she went and pressed her lips to his.

Sabrina could feel that Stiles' body started to settle down. She then slowly pulled away from him to see that his breathing was starting to slow and his shoulders seemed to relax. Stiles was just staring at her. He then noticed that his panic attack was gone. "How did you do that?" he asked her.

"I, uh...I read once that holding your breath could stop a panic attack. So when I kissed you, you held your breath."

Stiles widened his eyes. "I did?" Sabrina nodded. "Yeah, you did." Stiles then nodded too as his eyes began to shine a bit. "Thanks. It was really smart." The both of them started to calm down. They moved to both sit up straight.

"I just read it somewhere," Lydia said to him. "And, if I was really smart, then I would tell you to sign up for a few sessions with the guidance counselor."

Stiles let out a breathless snort before his eyes narrowed. "Morrell," he muttered before looking straight up at her.

Sabrina's widened as she looked back at him. How could they had forgotten? There was someone else that might have the answers that they needed.

They then grabbed their things and broke into a run for the guidance office. They entered the room but found that only a student was there in front of an empty desk.

"Are you here for Ms. Morrell?" Stiles asked her.

"No, I thought this was gym class," she sassed at him.

Sabrina gave her a look. "Sweetheart, we're not in the mood for funny. Do you know where she is?" The girl held her arms out at the table. "If I did, I wouldn't be waiting here for twenty minutes. So how about you two back out the door and wait your turn?" she sassed at them again. "We're not here for a session," Sabrina sassed back at her. "Well I am and I've got some serious issues to work on."

"Hey, wait, wait," Stiles said holding out his hand. "You're Danielle. You're Heather's best friend," he said recognizing her from her birthday party. Sabrina's eyes widened. "Danielle? Oh, my God. You were the one who told me about-" she paused and looked over at Stiles who looked confused at her. "Anyway, thanks for the um-heads up that night," Sabrina mumbled as Danielle nodded. 

"So...you were Heather's best friend?" Sabrina asked. Danielle fell back into her chair and her eyes dropped a bit. "I was Heather's best friend. We've been working on that issue three times a week," she said a little sadly.

But Sabrina shook her head. "Hold on, did you say that Ms. Morrell was twenty minutes late?" "Yeah, and I don't know why either. She's always on time."

Sabrina turned to look back at Stiles. "Lydia was seeing her at the beginning of the semester, she was never late." Stiles narrowed her eyes. "Then she's not late. She's missing." "What if we're not the only ones that think she knows something?" she asked him.

Stiles took a look over at her desk. "Then I want to know what she knows." He then moved to head for the drawers of her desk. "Text Lydia to come meet us here," he said as Sabrina took out her phone and quickly send her a text.

"What are you doing?" Danielle asked him. "Trying to find her," he answered. "Those files are private," she tried arguing with him. "Uh, yeah, she's kind of right," Sabrina said agreeing with her. But Stiles pulled out a file. "That one's yours."

"Why the hell does she have a file off me?" Sabrina mumbled as she took it from him and began to look through it, reading the notes Morrell had made on her. She then look up at the sound of footsteps and saw Lydia standing by the doorway. "Why are we in here?" she asked as she walked in.

"That one's yours," Stiles said as he held it out to Lydia. "Let me see that," Lydia said grabbing it. She set it down and opened it to reveal some papers. One of them was a drawing. Stiles looked up and noticed it too. One he recognized from back when he and Cora had tried to get her to help them with finding Deaton when he was taken.

"Wait, Lydia that's your drawing," he said. Lydia shrugged. "Yeah, I know. It's a tree." Danielle moved to take a look at it herself. "Yeah. It's good too." Lydia smiled at her. "Thank you." But Stiles shook his head. "No, Lydia, that's the same one though." "Same as what?"  "The same one I always see you drawing in class."

"It's a tree. I like to draw trees," she said feeling a little defensive.

"No, it's the exact same one," Stiles said before moving over to her. He then moved to reveal another one. "Don't you see? Here, give me your bag." He then went and pulled out Lydia's notebook and opened it next to the drawing where there was another drawing of the same tree. "There, see?"

Stiles then turned the pages of her notebook to reveal that page after page had the drawing of the same exact tree in various sizes. But they were the same one, down to the smallest detail.

Danielle's eyes widened at that before she shook her head. "Okay, you three can have my session," she said going for her bag. "You've got bigger issues." She then left, leaving the three of them alone.

"What is this?" Lydia said feeling a little freaked out now.

Stiles dropped his eyes a bit as his mind raced. It had to be something relating to the sacrifices. Stiles couldn't remember hearing anything about a tree during any of this. But...he did hear about something else tree related. Stiles took the drawing and slowly turned it around where it didn't look like a tree anymore, but a tree stump and roots.

Then Stiles remembered stories that he and Scott heard not too long ago involving a place with roots.

"I know where they are," he breathed out.

++++++

Stiles quickly opened the door and headed out of the office with Sabrina and Lydia hot on his trail. "It's called the Nemeton. That's where she's keeping them. It has to be," Stiles said to her.

Yet, before they could move too far to begin to anything about this they were halted by a loud voice. "Stilinski!"

Sabrina froze at the sight of her father. She immediately turned around and took off in the opposite direction. 

"Sabrina!" Stiles yelled out before huffing. He narrowed his eyes at the sight of Agent McCall before he let out a tired breath and turned back to Lydia. "Alright, go to Derek, okay? He and Peter. they've been there before so they'll know where it is. Tell them that it's the root cellar. Alright, they'll know."

She nodded and she moved to head on out before Stiles bit the corner of his cheek and turned around to see that Scott and Sabrina's dad had moved to now be in front of him.

"Did you know that your dad's car is in the school parking lot and has been since last night?" Agent McCall asked him.

Stiles shook his head. "No. What does that mean?" 

"It means he's officially missing." They then went to an empty classroom so that they could talk in private. "Stiles, why am I getting the feeling you know something that could help us find your dad?" Stiles shrugged. "If I did, why would I not tell you?" 

"If it meant helping your dad, why wouldn't you?" McCall asked back. "So you're asking me to tell you why I would not tell you?" "Uh, first I have no idea what you just said. Second, how about you help me help you?" "Well, I don't know how to help you help me tell you something that would help you if I don't know it," Stiles said unflinchingly back at him.

That made Agent McCall narrow his eyes at him. "Are you doing this on purpose?" Stiles just rolled his eyes. He didn't have time to waste on Scott and Sabrina's dad trying to play detective with him. "I don't know anything, okay. Can I just go?"

"Where are your other friends and your girlfriend?"

That actually made Stiles narrow his eyes at him. "Oh, you mean Scott and Sabrina?" he said trying not to sound too angry at the fact that he couldn't directly ask about his own children.

He pulled out a notepad. "I mean Scott, Sabrina, Isaac Lahey, Allison Argent, these twins Ethan and Aiden. I've been told your whole little clique didn't show up at school today." At the sound of each of those names, Stiles found himself struggling not to just storm out. "I don't have a clique," he forced himself to say.

"Stiles, come on. There's been a pretty disturbing amount of violent activity in this county in the last few months. Several murders tied to this school. I don't know what's going on here, but it's serious." Stiles just looked away from him. "Hey," Agent McCall said making him look back at him. "Your dad is missing." That only made Stiles keep a glare on him but stayed silent. That made McCall stand up. "Fine, but I don't want you going home alone. You have someone you can stay with tonight?"

Before Stiles could muster up something to say to that, he was beaten to the punch.

"He's with me," Deaton said from the doorway. 

++++++

At the animal clinic, Stiles and Deaton had called and gathered Sabrina, Lydia, Allison and Isaac there to talk about the Nemeton and how they believed that was where she was keeping them. Lydia shared the news that Peter and Derek had been made to forget where the cellar was. Unfortunately, Deaton told them that he didn't know exactly where it was either.  

But Stiles wasn't prepared to give up. Not now. "It has to be on a telluric current or maybe even at the axis of two, or where they all intersect. I just know it's where Derek took Paige to die."

Allison leaned on in close to Stiles."My dad and Gerard were there once. But Gerard said it was years ago and he couldn't remember where it was. My dad, obviously, isn't here to tell us." Stiles nodded. "Yeah, mine either."

"Then how do we find this place?" Isaac asked them.

Deaton had been off to the side, silently considering the options and knew of one. One he didn't want to share but it seemed like there wouldn't be any other choice. "There might be a way," he told them. "But, it's dangerous."

Sabrina could sense the glimmer of fear that was running through Deaton. "Dangerous? How do you mean?"

"I'll explain later but we are going to need Scott."

++++++

Stiles drove his Jeep to the clearing with Sabrina and Deaton, hoping to meet there with Scott. They waited for near an hour when there was some rustling of dry leaves and Scott started to step into view. Scott stopped for a moment to look over at Stiles who straightened up at the sight of him. Scott then moved to go over to them while Stiles, Sabrina and Deaton moved to meet him further into the clearing.  

 "How did you guys find out?" Scott asked them.

"Lydia," Sabrina said a bit stiffly. "You?" "Morrell," Scott answered. "None of the other Alphas know where it is either." "So if this works, are you going to tell them?" Stiles asked as he looked at Scott with a bit of a glare..

It made Scott stiffen his jaw but he kept his eyes locked on him. "I can't stop Jennifer without them," he said in a low voice.

"How about we concentrate on finding your parents first?" Deaton cut in. Scott, Stiles and Sabrina spared Deaton a look before they both took a deep breath. They knew that Deaton was right. Saving their parents had to come first.

"What's the plan?" Scott asked.

"Essentially, you, Sabrina, Allison and Stiles will have to be surrogate sacrifices for your parents."

"Wait," Scott said. "Don't we only need three people for this?" "Yes but if you're sacrificing twins, that's different. You see, twins are one-halves of each other so essentially, you and Sabrina are one person." 

Scott's eyes widened. "We die for them?"

Stiles nodded. "But, he can bring us back." Stiles then looked back at Deaton. "You can...You can bring us back, right?"

"You remember the part where I said it was dangerous?" Deaton told him making Stiles look away. "If it goes right, the four of you will be dead for a few seconds. But, there is something else you need to think about. This is a dangerous thing for more reasons than one. You'll be giving power back to the Nemeton, a place that hasn't had power for a long time. This kind of power is like a magnet. It attracts the supernatural, the kind of things that a family like the Argents can fill the pages of a Bestiary with. It will draw them here like a beacon."

Stiles shrugged. "It doesn't sound any worse than anything we've already seen," he tried to say feeling more confident than he felt. But Deaton gave him a look. "You'd be surprised of what you have yet to see," he said in a warning tone.

Scott felt nervous at the sound of that, but something still seemed unsettling about this. "Is that it?" he asked hopefully.

Deaton shook his head at him. "No. It will also have an effect on the four of you. You won't be able to see it, but you'll feel it every day for the rest of your lives. It will be a kind of darkness around your heart. And permanent, like a scar."

"Like a tattoo," Scott nearly whispered out thinking of the meanings of the word were back when he wanted to get his.

++++++

In Deaton's clinic, four tubs like the one they had dunked Isaac in were set up and there were being filled with water and bags upon bags of ice cubes. Isaac, Lydia and Deaton were filling them as Scott, Stiles, Sabrina and Allison were pacing away, mentally preparing themselves. Soon enough everything was ready.

"Alright," Deaton said out to them so they could begin. "What did you bring?"

Stiles held out his father's police badge. It still looked kind of crumpled. "I got my dad's badge. Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand, so I tried hammering it out a bit. Still doesn't look great." Deaton shook his head. "It doesn't need to look good if it has meaning." Stiles nodded as he ran his fingers over it.

Isaac then looked at what Allison had in her hand. "Is that an actual silver bullet?" Allison nodded as she kept her eyes locked on it solemnly. "My dad made it as a kind of a ceremonial thing. When one of us finished learning all the skills to be a hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the code."

Deaton then turned his eyes to the last one. "Scott? Sabrina?"

Scott had his eyes on Allison since she started talking about her father and was shocked out of his stupor. He looked down at his hand and revealed a wristwatch. "Our dad got our mom this watch when she first got hired at the hospital. She used to say that it was the only thing in her marriage that ever worked."Stiles had been looking at Scott but then averted his eyes when he mentioned his father.

Sabrina looked at the ring in her hand. "This is our mom's class ring. She got this when she graduated high school," she gave a light laugh. "She cherished this so much," she whispered.

"Okay," Deaton nodded. "The four of you will get in. Each of us will hold you down until you're essentially, well, dead. But it's not just someone to hold you under. It needs to be someone who can pull you back. Someone that has a strong connection to you, kind of emotional tether." Allison immediately looked over at Lydia who caught her eye. Lydia gave her a nod before beginning to move towards her. "Lydia," Deaton said stopping her. "You go with Sabrina."

Lydia then moved to catch Sabrina's eye. She gave her a nod to show that she agreed with Deaton. It made sense to her that it should be Lydia for her since the two had been friends ever since they were young.

But Allison was now confused on what she would do now. "Are you sure? I mean, Scott and I both have to go under." Scott was staring at her with a forlorn look but he forced it down. "It's okay," he almost whispered. He then forced himself to look away from her to Deaton. His friend, the one that had taken care of him before and after he'd been bitten. The one that helped to keep him grounded and focused when these things got to be overwhelming. He knew that he could pull him back.

Allison, Sabrina, Stiles and Scott stepped up to their tubs with their tokens firmly in their hand. They took a deep breath and then began to step inside. One foot after another into that freezing cold water. Their breathing increased as forced themselves to lower down until they were sitting in the tubs. Soon, only their heads were visibly above the water.

Stiles' teeth were chattering and he could hear Scott's breaths come out in loud puffs as he was trying to force himself to stay in. "By the way Scott," he choked out to him. "If I don't make it back and you do, you should probably know something...your dad's in town."

That made Scott momentarily forget the cold as he just felt his whole being go numb at the thought of the one person that he had been trying very hard not to put any thought into for as long as he could remember. He then looked over at Sabrina. "Did you know about this?"

Sabrina sadly nodded. "Yeah, I did but every time he made his way to me...I ran," she admitted. Scott let a breath loose. "I can't believe's he back."

Stiles then looked over at Sabrina. He had some words he wanted to tell her before they went under. "Sabrina," Stiles began as she looked over at him. "Remember I love you." Sabrina's eyes watered. "I love you too," she whispered as Stiles gave her a small smile.

Scott then felt Deaton resting his hands on his shoulders as Lydia rested her hands on Sabrina and Stiles and Isaac rested his on Allison's.

The four in the tubs took one last breath before their tethers went and began to push them down. They were all dunked under the water as they slowly succumbed to death. Scott opened his eyes and his eyes flared gold. Before he blacked out, he remembered what Matt had once told him when he drowned. How there was no bright light when you die, there was only darkness. And that's what Scott saw as the light faded in his eyes, darkness.

++++++

Over at Scott's room, Rafael, his father was sitting on his son's bed. He was glancing at the room, seeing how it had changed. A visible change was seeing a hardcover novel opened halfway, left by the foot of his bed. A tear fell from his eye.  

He wiped the tear away as he stood up and left his son's room. He made his way over to his daughter's room and took a deep breath before walking in. Just like Scott's room, her room had changed as well. Instead of stuffed animals lined up on her shelves, she now had picture frames. 

He walked over to the shelves and observed each photo she had lined up next to one another. In one frame, held two photos of Sabrina and Lydia. The first photo was of the two young girls, playing dress up. The second photo was of them which was taken on their first day of Sophomore Year.

He then looked at the second frame which was a photo of her and Stiles Stilinski. She was in a red dress while Stiles was in a suit. Rafael guessed that in this photo, his daughter was going to a dance. He frowned at the thought of him missing his daughter's first dance.

And lastly, the third frame. Rafael held the frame in his hand as a tear slid down his face. In the photo, Melissa stood in-between Scott and Sabrina and had her arms around the twins. All three of them were smiling wide at the camera. They looked truly happy.

Rafael sighed before placing the frame back onto the shelf and left his daughter's room, feeling more guiltier than he had ever felt.

[Edited 2/26/17]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 142K 49
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝ there are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared; twins. ❞ Kasey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall... while...
98.6K 1.7K 43
•~BOOK TWO~• Jennifer Blake was gone and the sacrifices were over, but that didn't stop the bad things in Beacon Hills. Something else was going on a...
276 22 7
Carmen McCall had never taken interest in whatever idiotic shenanigans her adoptive brother and his best friend got pulled into, until she notices th...
214K 4.1K 24
Sabrina McCall is Scott's twin sister. The McCall twins knew everything about one another. Scott even knew about Sabrina's crush on their best friend...