Candy Hearts ✰ Frerard

By -CRANBERRYCOLA-

In the hostile town of Belleville, New Jersey, a small diner was situated, run by Bob Bryar and somewhat co-o... More

.CHAPTER ONE.
.CHAPTER TWO.
.CHAPTER THREE.
.CHAPTER FOUR.
.CHAPTER FIVE.
.CHAPTER SIX.
.CHAPTER SEVEN.
.CHAPTER EIGHT.
.CHAPTER NINE.
.CHAPTER ELEVEN.
.CHAPTER TWELVE.
.CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
.CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
.CHAPTER FIFTEEN.
.CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
.CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
.CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
.CHAPTER NINETEEN.
.CHAPTER TWENTY.
.CHAPTER TWENTY ONE.
.CHAPTER TWENTY TWO.
.CHAPTER TWENTY THREE.
.CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR.
.CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE.
.CHAPTER TWENTY SIX.
.CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN.
.CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT.
.CHAPTER TWENTY NINE.
.CHAPTER THIRTY.
.CHAPTER THIRTY ONE.
.CHAPTER THIRTY TWO.
.CHAPTER THIRTY THREE.
.CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR.
.CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE.
.CHAPTER THIRTY SIX.
.CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN.
.CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT.
.CHAPTER THIRTY NINE.
.CHAPTER FORTY.
.CHAPTER FORTY ONE.
.CHAPTER FORTY TWO.
.CHAPTER FORTY THREE.
.CHAPTER FORTY FOUR.
.CHAPTER FORTY FIVE.
.CHAPTER FORTY SIX.
.CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN.
.CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT.
.CHAPTER FORTY NINE.
.CHAPTER FIFTY.
.CHAPTER FIFTY ONE.
.CHAPTER FIFTY TWO.
.CHAPTER FIFTY THREE.
.CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR.

.CHAPTER TEN.

2.7K 128 136
By -CRANBERRYCOLA-

sweet, sweet booze
~[|]~

"Gerard, you're smiling too early in the morning and it's really off-putting. I'm trying to enjoy my breakfast." Mikey said sourly, taking a large sip of his orange juice.

The morning sun reflected through the diner's windows, lighting up Mikey's glasses, and Gerard was really trying to use that to distract himself from looking at the purple hickey on his little brother's neck.

"Sorry." Gerard said softly, still not being able to fight off the grin lingering on his face.

"Disgusting." Mikey said around a forkful of waffle.

"Hey Way, Bryar asked me to tell you we're closing after five today since half of the others aren't here, and it's probably gonna be cold without heating." Pete said as he wandered from the kitchen with two clean plates in his hands.

"Fuck yeah." Gerard said with an internal cheer.

Though when he looked over, he couldn't help but notice how Mikey seemed to keep his eyes trained solely on his food and Pete had flushed red cheeks.

Gerard chose to ignore the weird atmosphere, and instead decided to focus on the fact that he would be allowed to go home in six hours- he'd be able to change into sweatpants and re-read the dozens books on his shelf. Maybe pop by to see Frank... whichever.

When more people walked into the diner, he didn't actually have to force a smile like he usually did- and he even made one of the customers laugh. Gerard could tell both Mikey and Dallon, which was a newer employee, had never before seen him not cuss at customers or passive aggressively cut pancakes that early in the day.

But Gerard couldn't quite help it, he felt light and cheerful and every two seconds he would think about Frank his cheeks would heat up.

Maybe it was a bit weird considering they'd only admitted their feelings practically less than a week ago, but seeing how fast Gerard became attached to him at the start really did impact the way he felt about their unofficial dating status.

Gerard wondered if Frank thought about him too, maybe as he poured some drinks he would think of the time Gerard had ordered that drink- or how the colour reminded him of Gerard's hair or eyes. Gerard swore he wasn't addicted or anything, just happy.

"When you're done verbally making out with that family can you start making the pancakes for the table near the door?" Wentz asked as he furiously scrubbed at a plate.

"Gross," Gerard recoiled, "and why can't Weekes do 'em?"

"Because he's busy making eggs, bacon and salad." Pete rolled his eyes, setting the plate aside.

Gerard nodded, wow, he hadn't realised how much a shortage of staff affected the workload.

Since it was almost the end of October, there weren't as many customers compared to the summer, only because there was a movie theatre that opened up near them and most people would go there and then drive by a fast food restaurant or something. Gerard was fine with it, because as much pain as it was- him and his coworkers had a fixed salary of fifteen bucks an hour. People often wondered why it was so high, and it was because Action Cat was probably one of the nicer, more comfortable places to eat in Belleville, and that came as both a blessing and a curse.

Once Gerard was finished preparing the food and serving it, he went back to Mikey.

"Stop being so cheery it's really making me nauseous." Mikey said once again as Gerard sported a tiny smile.

"Just get out of here, you squirt." Gerard said as he grabbed Mikey's plates and accepted his money.

"I don't get why I can't eat here for free. I mean I'm literally your brother." Mikey said in a tone of desperation.

"I don't own this place, dumbass, and also you're not exactly brother of the year. Are you?"

"I told you those pranks were all coincidental." Mikey mumbled as he finally left the diner, and Gerard was left to fend for himself for the rest of his boring shift.

- -

"Frank." Gerard dragged out with a whine, completely unamused.

Gerard had ultimately ended back at square one, the bar Frank worked at. Luckily this time they were obviously on good terms, though Frank was sadly being an asshole again... by not letting Gerard pay for his own drinks.

"What?" Frank laughed, wiping a glass obsessively.

"At least let me pay for the beer." Gerard pleaded, feeling overtly guilty for excepting Frank's free liquor and pretzels.

"Not a chance." Frank smiled, turning to attend some of the others that showed up from the back of the bar.

Gerard sighed quietly, fiddling with the ends of his tasseled hair. He wondered if he should cut it soon, seeing as it was growing quite long.

Goosebumps formed across his skin as someone opened the door of the bar, allowing the cold air to swoop in. Full disclosure, Gerard was still in his uniform, he didn't really want to waste time going home and changing, time he could have spent watching Frank make impressive booze.

Frank had been spending nights none stop at the bar to make up for all those shifts he was 'too sick' to fulfil, so Gerard could only see him if he physically went there- since he couldn't during the day, because that's when he would work. And Frank usually had to sleep during the day since he only worked night shift from nine at night to five o'clock in the morning.

The only good news was that Frank would get a ten minute break between a few hours of working, and in that time he would sit next to Gerard and they'd talk like they were the only two people in the bar. Unfortunately, ten minutes went by quicker than Gerard would have liked, and soon Frank was back behind the counter making a multitude of beverages again.

Gerard looked up through his red hair that was covering one of his eyes, to admire Frank, not in a creepy way of course, but in a 'wow, I can't believe I get to have any sort of contact with him.'

They hadn't kissed again since Monday, which was two days ago when that they'd confessed their feelings, and Gerard wondered if it was because Frank was waiting on him to make the first move- or if he was just waiting.

Frank tongued at his lip ring in concentration as he poured maple syrup into a martini glass, apparently it was a mapletini or something. Gerard wasn't really paying attention to that, instead he was focusing on the shirt he was wearing, which looked a size too big and had 'Fuck Your Crew' scribbled on it with Frank's messy handwriting. His strong form was loosely defined under the white shirt, and Gerard found the article of clothing to be quite imaginative.

Well, he wanted to describe it more poetically but it was pretty clear from the angry dudes in the back that Frank was only wearing it to test their patience. Although Gerard really liked Frank, he couldn't deny that he was a sly little shit when it came to provocation.

"Time's up." Frank smiled, and Gerard was about to ask what that meant when he turned around and made a hand gesture towards another bartender to take over his spot.

Frank looked back at Gerard and offered him a dopey smile as he got out from he bar and took a seat on the stool next to him.

"Finally," He sighed happily, "now tell me about your day."

Gerard smiled shyly, his cheeks warming up slightly at the focused attention he was receiving.

"Uh, a guy called Dallon started working at the diner, and we got sent home early since literally three people showed up to work." Gerard said with a small grin.

"That's awesome," Frank praised, before letting his eyes drift down to Gerard's form, "I see you're still in your uniform.."

Gerard nodded softly, "Wanted to see you as soon as possible." He mumbled around his hand.

Frank's cheeks darkened and he looked at Gerard shyly yet appreciatively, "That's so sweet."

"Yeah, well you think that until you drink all the shit booze." Gerard teased with a laugh, snickering when Frank playfully punched his shoulder.

"Hey." Frank warned with chuckle, looking down at his lap for a few moments before looking back up.

"But how was your day?" Gerard asked, intertwining his fingers with Frank's which were on the counter top.

Frank looked down at their hands and smiled softly, "Um, I made a sandwich?"

Gerard laughed loudly, "You are such a dork."

"Says you." Frank poked Gerard in the stomach softly, watching Gerard squeak and push his hand away seeing as it tickled.

They were quiet again for a moment, before Frank lifted his head up and Gerard assumed he was staring at one of the bulky guys that had been glaring at him earlier. Frank's jaw clenched and his eyes looked angry, and Gerard didn't really know what to take away from that so he most squeezed his hand softly, making Frank's eyes snap to his. His hard stare softened when he looked at Gerard, and Gerard hoped that was a good thing.

"You okay?" Gerard asked gently, quickly looking back to catch one of the men already staring at him. He looked back at Frank immediately, starting to feel his anxiety come back at the thought of interacting with any of them.

"Yeah," Frank sighed, "yeah I'm fine. It's just.."

"What?" Gerard asked curiously, leaning in closer to Frank as if they were exchanging secrets.

"Um, one of them is kind of uh, checking you out." Frank cleared his throat, his cheeks burning red- but not as red as Gerard's entire face.

"Oh." He said quietly, his hands starting to sweat in panic.

Curse this stupid tight uniform that made him look like a girl- maybe if he was wearing proper fucking clothes and not small shorts then maybe things wouldn't be so fucking uncomfortable.

Gerard wondered if that's why Frank was acting so agro. Evidently Frank got defensive and apparently jealous really fast, so maybe it was expected, but Gerard had never had anyone be jealous over him before. Usually it was something he had or how he could sometimes draw something neat, but never over someone looking at him the wrong way.

"I'm sorry." Frank finally mumbled quietly, and Gerard could barely hear it over the conversations around him.

Gerard quirked an eyebrow, "Why're you sorry?"

"For, y'know, being all angry all the time over shit that probably doesn't matter." Frank said and he seemed very embarrassed to admit this.

"Oh Frank," Gerard muttered sadly, "don't be sorry about that. It shows you care and that you're passionate."

"It doesn't, but I appreciate you saying that." Frank smiled shyly again, and he sighed once they both look at the clock which indicated that Frank needed to get back to pouring drinks.

"Promise you'll wait here till my next break?" Frank asked hopefully, like a kid wishing for a birthday present.

Gerard grinned like an idiot, "Like there's anything I'd rather be doing, Frankie."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 9.3K 100
❝ @geeway commented on your post: damn baby you looking hella fine @frnkiero replied to your comment: sleaze ❞ {started 2 july, 2017. finish...
39.1K 2.9K 17
Belleville's a usually quiet town, so quiet it's almost sketchy. Frank Iero has lived his eighteen years in the quiet and sketchy town of Belleville...
13.4K 198 35
Me and Gerard have been friends for a really long time. We're both juniors at Belleville high school. We both tend to get in a lot of trouble and g...
434 28 12
Temporarily Discontinued!!! Moving states and attending a new school is hard, especially when you have a cute bully....... ------------------------ ...