Anything But A Fairy Tale

By Raveness

Angelle was a normal girl, living in a normal world. She always hated fairy tales, with all their cliche's a... More

Once Upon A Time
Meeting The Prince
The Prince And His White Horse
Anything But A Prince Charming
The Villian Makes An Appearance
The Evil One Has Been Uncovered
Blood Has Been Shed, The Prince Is At His Breaking Point
Having Ice Cream With The Prince
A Heart Broken Prince
A Kiss From Her Prince Charming
Say What You Mean
Threats From The Unknown
Making A Deal With The Devil
Leading Up To A Happily Ever After

The Ruler Of The Castle

814 12 4
By Raveness

Well, the rest of school was quite a breeze.  Sabriel kept following her like a lost little puppy dog though, and she was not amused.

Not one bit.

“Sabriel, would you PLEASE stop following me?” Angelle groans, turning around to face him.  Sabriel plasters on a grin.

“Not a chance, you’re my guide for the day, while I’m your ride, so fairs fair!” Sabriel says, tilting his head to the side.  Angelle throws up her hands and lets out a loud sigh of defeat.

“Alright, fine, lets just hurry up, we have one more class,” Angelle mumbles shooting Sabriel a glare.  He grins and nods, following closely beside her.  Angelle shakes her head and runs her hand through her hair.

“What class do you have right now?” Sabriel asks, looking at Angelle.  She huffs.

“English,” she says.  Sabriels face lights up dramatically.  “Let me guess...”

“I have english too!” Sabriel says with a laugh.  Angelle groans and turns around a corner.  Sabriel stumbles and quickly turns catching up with her.

They walk in silence to class, the door already open.  There were a few girls who glared at Angelle for being so “close” to the new kid, while the guys just decided Sabriel wasn’t gay.

“Hey bro!  Come sit with us!” One of the guys yells.  Brian.  Sabriel blinks and looks up.  He smirks and whispers to Angelle.

“Well, looks like I’m being flagged down.  Catch ya later,” Sabriel says, before walking towards the guys who are all grinning.  Angelle rolls her eyes and sits up in the front away from both the males and the females.

Angelle sits there, closing her eyes as she opens her binder.  She sighs and pulls out her book.  After a loud yawn and rubbing her eyes she opens her book reading.  A few minutes later the bell rings and the teacher walks in.

“Alright class, get out your books.  We have silent reading for ten minutes!” The teacher barks.  Almost everybody quickly sits down, getting there books. 

Alright, well, the teacher was once in the army.  He was the drill sargeant, so he doesn’t stand for anybodys shit.  You either listen, or do 50 push ups.  Most people would rather listen than exert any physical activity.  He was a nice teacher when you got your work done, but if you never, then look out.

Angelle sighs, reading her book.  The entire class was quiet.

“Sabriel Mauricio?  Could you please come up front here,” Mr. Adams says,  staring intently into the mass of students, waiting for any sign of movement.  Sabriel soon stands up and walks down the rows, dropping a peice of paper on Angelles desk.

“Yes, sir?” Sabriel mutters while standing infront of Mr. Adams’ desk.  Mr. Adams looks at him.

“Your new here soldier.  I’m Mr. Adams, and I assume you know your fellow pupils already,” Mr. Adams says.  Sabriel nods.  Following suit, Mr. Adams nods as well.

“Sir, I don’t have a library book, so,” Sabriel starts before being cut off.

“Angelle, escort Mr. Mauricio to the library. Be back in 10 minutes,” Mr. Adams says, looking back down to the papers he was looking over. 

Angelle groans silently, rising from her seat, walking over to Sabriel.

“Yes sir, lets go Sabriel,” Angelle says, walking to the door.  Sabriel nods and as a joke salutes Mr. Adams.  To his shock, he saluted back.  With a grin, Sabriel trots up to Angelle, walking her out of the class.

“So, Mr. Adams seems like a pleasant guy to be around,” Sabriel jokes.  Angelle rolls her eyes and says nothing. “So didya read the note?”

Angelle stops walking and turns to face him.  He blinks and looks down at her.

“No, I didn’t read your damn note.  If Mr. Adams were to of caught me, I would of been in so much shit,” Angelle says.  Sabriel frowns, his hair falling into his golden eyes.  Angelle sighs and pulls out the folded peice of paper.  “Hi.”

...

Angelle slowly looks up at Sabriel, as he’s grinning.

“You’re really stupid, did you know that?” Angelle says, crumpling the paper while throwing it at his head.  She pivots on her heels and continues walking.  The library wasn’t far away, so she was there in a few seconds.

“Well, thank you,” Sabriel says, walking into the library, pausing to look around.  Angelle sighs and walks to one of the tables, sitting down.

“Hurry up, please,” Angelle says with an annoyed tone.  Sabriel rolls his eyes and quickly browses some books, before pulling one off the shelf.

“Well, alright, how do I sign it out?”  Sabriel asks, turning to Angelle.  She sighs and stands up walking over to a machine.

“Just put the barcode under this, and enter your name,” Angelle says, pointing.  He nods and does as he’s told.

Soon, they’re back in class, listening to Mr. Adams explain the difference from a metaphor and a similie.

Sabriel ended up just chatting quietly with his new friends, while Angelle sat there absentmindedly doodling on her paper.

As the bell sounds, Angelle yawns and packs her books up, slowly rising from her seat as everybody files out of the room.

Sabriel stops by Angelles desk and leans on it, looking at her.  She glares at him.

“Yes?” Angelle says blankly.  Sabriel smiles.

“I’m here to drive you to work,” Sabriel says with a “duh” tone.  She sighs and nods, walking out of the room with him. 

They walk to their lockers, and Angelle pulls out her book bag, tossing her binders in the locker.  She turns around just to see Sabriel standing there with a grin.  She rolls her eyes dramatically, and following him out of the school, towards the parking lot.

“Angelle!” A guys voice calls out.  Angelle blinks and turns, as she grins broadly.  Sabriel raises his eyebrow.

“Daemon!” Angelle cries out, dropping her book bag as she darts towards the voice.  Soon, Angelle was jumping into a guys arms, hugging him tightly.

“How are you baby girl!” Daemon asks, with a smile, kissing her cheek.  Angelle giggles and swats him away.

“I’m fine sweetie,” Angelle replies, as she’s set down.  Sabriel was frowning, watching this scene unfold.

“I haven’t seen you in forever!  I just got back from China last night,” Daemon says with a smile.  Angelle nods and grins.

“Yeah, you have to tell me how that was!  Though, I have to get going,” Angelle says with a sad voice, looking over at Sabriel.  “Well, I guess I could introduce you guys..”

Daemon nods and grins, walking with Angelle.  Sabriel didn’t look to happy.

“Sabriel Mauricio, this is Daemon Lee, my best friend, and cousin,” Angelle says, motioning.  Sabriels expression softens as he shakes his hand. 

“Hey man, how’s it going?” Sabriel says with a grin.  Daemon returns the grin with ease as he shrugs.

“Ahh, nothing really.  About to head home, so I’ll see you both later right?” Daemon says.  Angelle nods and gives him a big hug.

“Call me sweetie!” Angelle says.

“You know I will baby girl,” Deamon says, before nodding in Sabriels direction.  “See you later man.”

“Adios,” Sabriel says with a grin.  Daemon takes his leave, as Angelle happily walks to Sabriels car.

“Well, you seem close,” Sabriel says with a chuckle.  Angelle nods.

“We were born on the exact same day, in the same hospital.  My mom named me Angelle, while his, named him Daemon.  Like, Angel and Demon,” Angelle explains, sliding into his car.

“Thats kind of cool,” Sabriel says with an approving nod.  “Well, tomorrow you get to meet my brother.”

“Brother?  Oh god, not another one of you,” Angelle says with mock horror.  Sabriel rolls his eyes.

“Trust me, he is nothing like me.  Be happy you met me first,” Sabriel says, actually serious.  Angelle blinks and looks at him.

“Well, that sounds great,” Angelle mutters after a few seconds of silence.

“...Seatbelt missy,” Sabriel says.

“Shut up!” Angelle remarks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 83.9K 54
𝑃𝑅𝑂𝑀𝐼𝑆𝐸- (π‘›π‘œπ‘’π‘›) π‘Žπ‘› π‘Žπ‘π‘‘ π‘œπ‘“ π‘Žπ‘ π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘π‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘œπ‘›π‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘‘π‘œ π‘ π‘œπ‘šπ‘’π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘–π‘π‘’π‘™π‘Žπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–...
131 16 17
Aria is just a girl, she has a terrible father her mother died, and one day during school she met a dashing young man the one and only Lucifer Gabrie...
1.8M 37.7K 32
He was a monster, even as a young boy people knew to stay away from him. Yet, he was still gentle with her, and only her. Or in which a feared boy f...
3.3M 89.3K 71
(THIS WAS MY FIRST BOOK!!, it may not be what you like and that doesn't matter to me because it was long ago, ANYWAY HOPE YOU ENJOY) ALSO ITS NOT EDI...