The Materialists | Book 1 + 2...

By Kujiis

[ FINISHED - unedited ] ❝How do I... How do I stop them?" "You want to stop them?" Rachel raised an eyebrow. ... More

00
00.5
prologue + disclaimer
01 | Gold Digger
02 | Gucci is Slutty
03 | Social Suicide
04 | Pre-fuckup Plans
05 | Pretty boys
06 | Bathroom sex
07 | Cake Face
08 | A Party for the Privileged
09 | She's Too Perfect
10 | The Queen Bee is a Bitch
11 | The Real Devil Is Never Disguised
12 | The Beginning of the Beginning
13 | You Aren't Important Enough
The Invitation
14 | Champagne for the Sane
15 | The People in Power are Fools
16 | Bruised Apple
17 | You play Chess, I play Checkers
18 | The Game Of Life
19 | Lucifer is a Saint
20 | Tic-Tac-Toe
21 | You Should Be Scared
22 | She Is Temporary
THE DYNASTY {} Book 2
Cast & Playlist {} Book 2
01 | im only famous in AUS
02 | this is the GIRLS bathroom
03 | I make allies not friends
04 | you'd be a terrible businesswoman
05 | the queen bee is a bitch, pt 2.
06 | there's always something to be tired of
07 | but please don't hate me
08 | so no goodbye?
09 | this isn't a formal gathering
10 | dogs get the scraps
11 | every story has two sides
12 | a devils resurrection
13 | the queen hasn't fallen, yet
14 | always one step behind
15 | scared of the crown
16 | you are officially fucked
17 | one last gesture
18 | the lonely king that was never alone
19 | you weren't thinking
20 | the truth
21 | do I look like a cat person to you?
22 | but I missed you
23 | shes her mothers daughter
24 | so I'm not allowed to care?
25 | we can figure this out
26 | comfort and closure
27 | self control
28 | one-way ticket
29 | the good kind of selfish
30 | In a while crocodile
31 | farewell, _____ _____
Epilogue
Authors Q&A

23 | You can drown or you can die

4.7K 175 89
By Kujiis

I don't care about your little threats
All the kids in your clique are pretend
I don't mind when you play with my head
I flip around, play with yours instead

♣︎

POV - anonymous

Even I, a person with no relevance nor care about the A-listers could tell something was wrong. The atmosphere in the school because of it had everyone on the tips of their toes, waiting, begging, watching for an opportunity to throw anyone under the bus, and rise to the top, just as quickly as Laura Strathen, the new student had.

 The school's ranking could easily be described in close relation to the 27th club. Every year, a new student, out of the complete blue get's brought up to the top, treated like shit for a while, and then dropped quicker than a fly.

But the only reason this was so different was that Laura Strathen was turning her 5 seconds of fame into something that would last, regardless of if the A-listers dropped her. 

Usually, people never spoke to the A's toy of the year, for the sake of their own popularity, or lack thereof. But Laura was nice, and quiet, and knew when to talk and when to shut up. 

She was the perfect person and not only did that anger people, it made them almost immediately love her. But I could tell something was wrong, and I could tell Tao and her clique knew that too. I was waiting patiently for her downfall and they were waiting not so patiently for her to make even the slightest of mistakes. But the longer they waited, the more obvious they got. And the more obvious they got, the easier it was for someone as stupid as the gossip girls to pick up on the fact there was a noticeable change.

And today, not only was she grabbing the attention of the entire cafeteria, but specifically doing something no one with half a mind would do. Talking to the D-listers. The D-listers held a very selected group of people. People who rejected the A-listers in middle school when popularity wasn't a big of a problem, then that followed them into High school, the A-listers past toys, and the juveniles. 

When the A-listers were in sophomore year, they made a list of most likely people to commit the following crimes. Shoot up the school, kill a student, and kill a teacher. Those kids selected are now D-listers.

The point is, no one talks to those kids. Even in my position as a C-lister that everyone ignores, I know not to talk to them.

But Laura Strathen was leaving her trusty position in the middle of the A-listers table, and a table away from the B-listers gossip girls to walk across the cafeteria towards the D-listers.

The cafeteria was completely quiet, but the only voices were probably questioning what the hell she's doing. Her probably designer heels that she wears with socks, a fashion trend that she was starting to bring back in this school. Slowly but surely.

I sat relatively close to the D-listers because of my sad spot in the school, which made it easy to tune into what they were saying. She sat down with the people who rejected the A-listers in the past, and I saw her attention turn to one of the redheads.

"I'm Laura," I heard her say, Giving the redhead an adoring smile.

Rather than saying, I know, as most would say, he smiles back at her. "Luca, nice to meet you, Laura."

"Nice to meet you too," She replies. "This might be a little...out of the blue considering we just met. But I have a  Personal Finance class and Introduction to Business class I'm really struggling with and I noticed you guy in computer lab yesterday morning..."

"So, you wanted help?" He finished.

"Yeah, pretty much. It's cool if you don't know much about that subject-."

"No-no! I can help with anything you want," Wow, I thought. They'd been talking for no less than 5 minutes and he's already wrapped around her finger.

"Great! I had a test this Friday, you think we could study after school?"

"Yeah, yeah of course. I'm available today," The amount of control these people have is unbelievable.

"Great," Pulling out a piece of paper and pencil she probably had prepared for this moment. Scribbling down what I assumed what was her number, she slid the paper towards him. "See you around Luca."

And with a wink and a wave, she was gone.

Tao and I shared a math class, not like she would ever notice but we do. I see directly behind her, which it quite convenient sometimes. Such as today when she was furiously texting what I assumed was Isaia, referring to the fact it literally said his name at the top of the screen.

If it wasn't for how closely the 30 chairs were squished together in this closet-sized classroom, I wouldn't be able to see what they were saying. But I could see almost perfectly.

This school is like a reality tv show. Except the only people watching are the few hundred in the school that are going to probably forget and move on when they go to college. I wonder if the A-listers knew their games were nothing compared to what Laura had planned. Nothing compared to what the real world had planned. I used to wonder if Laura herself took this seriously. 

But it's obvious to see, she doesn't care. If she fails, she won't care. This school is like the 27th club, Laura is set up for fame one way or another. The only difference is she'd be the least likely to die out of the 8 of them. Soon to be 9.

They need to learn,  their materialistic taste in lifestyle isn't going to work out if their daddies money is the only thing paying for it. Because what happens when the source goes down? The clinging source follows it to the grave. Commensalism relationships get you nowhere. And materialistic commensalism gets a one way trip to failure. Of course, unless you're Laura Strathen.

But you aren't. And neither is she.

She's a fake. The Materialistic pricks that follow her like puppies are fake, and the school's hierarchy is a fake. Let's be fucking honest for once, everyone in this place is fake. How can you even trust what I'm saying, I could be a fake as well?

Money can't buy happiness, and happiness can't buy money. You either drown in money or float in trash. 

Which is why the only way to survive successfully in this school, and the lifestyle that follows is to become a materialist yourself. Expect the best, prepare for the worst, and be ready to let money and petty popularity control you. If you aren't ready, get the fuck out of here, I'm sure the heroin addicts living under the London bridge will accept you.

When the option is to drown or float, in this world, you pick to drown.

Song Of The Chapter:

A/N

In the very beginning of the story, 00 (Pt.2) to be specific, I put in a playlist for the song. Each chapter was a different song. This is the last song of the playlist, the last book of the chapter. But I'm not even CLOSE to finished with this story. So instead of making a new book, I'm splitting the following books I originally planned to have into parts. 

The reason I ended it with an anonymous's person POV is so you get an outsider's look on the school. This book is probably far from realistic, but if you think about it, that's pretty much how our world is set up. The rich get richer and the poor say poor. If you start from the bottom and get to the top you're an extremely lucky one. Out of 7 billion people in the world, how many are millionaires? In 2018 it was estimated only about 14 million people were. That's not as many people as it seems. 

Anywho, in the next part, I will be introducing more characters along with a cast list of those people that are going to be important to Laura, maybe not the story as a whole and they might fade away throughout the books. But people I want to have an impact on Laura. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 142K 48
BOOK ONE OF THE ELITE SERIES. After being expelled for the third time, this time for breaking a misogynistic teacher's bones, the secret billionaire...
189K 5.9K 37
Book 1 - The Lotus Moon Series - Beta Lancaster Beta Taylor Lancaster was never supposed to take a mate, as a category three dangerous wolf, he was d...
85 0 6
_________𓆩♡𓆪 _________ Welcome to Apex Heights Institute. One of the most prestigious cutthroat academy's in the world and number one in the count...
37.5K 910 38
"Lord have mercy on those who disrespect the Queen; for she won't." They ruined her life, Took her love from her, its time she returned the favor ⚜ R...