flower. h.s βœ”οΈ

By vanillasoy

// "...Harry? I thought you went home." "Turns out home isn't a place anymore, Flower." // In which a drug d... More

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty five.
forty six.
forty seven.
forty eight.
forty nine.
fifty.
fifty one.
fifty two.
fifty three.
fifty four.
fifty five.
fifty six.
fifty seven.
fifty eight.
fifty nine.
sixty.
sixty one.
sixty two.
sixty three.
sixty four.
sixty five.
sixty six.
sixty seven.
sixty eight.
sixty nine.
seventy.
seventy one.
seventy two.
epilogue.
bloom.

thirty three.

44.2K 1K 4K
By vanillasoy

*captain holt voice*: halloweeeeen

+

"Fucking finally!"

I jumped as someone shouted in my ear and I spun on my foot almost stumbling as I came face to face or rather face to chest with Harry.

I blinked as I looked up at him, an irritated scowl on his face as his eyes dropped to look me up and down and I flushed but took the time to do the same to him.

My entire body felt like I was on fire as I took in the the green and white American football costume Harry was wearing, my eyes zeroing in the on the helmet tightly gripped in his hands, the prop being eerily familiar.

"Oh my god."

I turned my wide eyes on Ollie who was simply holding his bottle in both hands grinning sweetly at us.

"What the fuck!"

I swore at Ollie as it all fell into place, Ollie having Harry's number, Ollie asking Harry if he had a costume, him deciding to sort out both mine and Harry's for tonight.

We were fucking matching.

"You said this was for Logan!" I hissed as I pointed at Harry's helmet, the owner of it just standing alongside me silently.

"Don't be mad that I'm a better liar than you." Ollie shrugged before draining his bottle and going for a new one.

I stood there with my mouth a jar wishing that the ground would open up and swallow me whole in a freak Halloween sink hole.

"You cut your hair."

I blinked as Harry spoke and I turned to face him properly, hoping that my cheeks weren't obviously red and nodded.

"Looks nice." Harry complimented and I rolled my lips together.

"Thank you." I smiled slightly, the two of us just standing there in silence. " I didn't...This wasn't my idea."

"Yeh' I know Flower." Harry shook his head and I relaxed slightly as I rocked on my toes gently. "He's very pushy."

"That's an understatement." I laughed, my cheeks heating all over again at the reappearance of my nickname.

"Your lip's healing alrigh'?" Harry asked and I nodded, my tongue darting out to press it instinctively. "Don't do that."

"Sorry."

I cringed as Harry gave me a half hearted glare and I looked away from him in embarrassment. This was awkward, I was awkward. Part of me wished Harry didn't come but then again I knew I'd just be miserable if he hadn't.

"So how's things?" I asked politely, it'd only been a week. Why was I such a weirdo?

"Same old." Harry nodded just as Ollie reappeared with three bottles of beer and I briefly wondered where he'd run off to. "Cheers."

"Heard you gave Oliver a good whack." Ollie grinned and I groaned lowly as I closed my eyes and dropped my head back.

Why did he have such a big mouth?

"He got what he deserved." Harry said slowly as he looked at me as he spoke and I gave him a small smile.

"Yeah he's a right wanker. Come on, Logan said he's on the opposite side to us!" Ollie was almost bouncing off the ground as he grinned at us and I wondered if he was drunk already.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Harry and I trailed along behind Ollie slowly, Harry doing most of the shoving people out the way for the two of us, although the majority of people were already moving for him. Perks of being tall I guess. It sucked that I didn't have that luxury.

"So that's the Green Boys Pack's uniform then?" I asked as we walked, just as Harry's arm bumped into mine.

I looked up at Harry wondering if he didn't hear me over the music and chatter only to find him looking at me and laughing to himself, the sound not quite reaching my ears and I pouted.

Whether or not it was because he was laughing and I couldn't hear it or because he was laughing at me I wasn't sure quite sure.

"Green Bay Packers." Harry corrected and my face flamed as I nodded. "How'd you know that?"

Harry nudged me just as Ollie pounced on a blonde boy I recognised as Logan and I watched through wary eyes as he finished talking to the other blonde before greeting Ollie, his hands prying Ollie's off him and I pursed my lips.

"You were watching one of their games once, it woke me up." I told Harry who nodded as he pulled at his lip with his thumb and forefinger, making my eyes zero in on them.

"I see." Harry nodded and I hummed as I finished off my bottle before stretching past Harry to drop it into one of the barrel bins.

"Think I prefer Green Boys anyway."

"Stop!" I whined hiding my face in my hands as Harry sniggered, "How was I supposed to know? I'm bad at sports."

"Playing or watching?" Harry asked as he took a long gulp of his beer and I shrugged.

"Both." I admitted making Harry raise an eyebrow but laugh all the same.

He was laughing a lot tonight and I was enjoying it, even though he was laughing at me.

"I painted that." I flicked my head towards the helmet he was holding making Harry raise it to my eye height.

"Really?" Harry asked and I nodded. "And yeh' didn't guess it was for me?"

"Ollie told me it was for Logan and I really don't know anything about American Football." I pointed out making Harry hum.

I flinched as Harry suddenly gripped my neck and gently placed the helmet on over my head and I frowned as I rearranged it so I could see properly.

"How do I look?" I teased.

"Like a bobble head."

"Yeah this is actually really scary." I admitted as I pulled it off and tried to smooth my hair out. "Do you play?"

"Nah, I'm barely any good at actual footy." Harry shrugged as he took the heavy helmet out of my hands and I pursed my lips as I rubbed my arms. "Got a coat in the car."

I glanced at Harry to find him frowning at me and I shook my head.

"I'm alright, thanks though." I smiled at him before returning my eyes to Ollie who was heading back towards us with Logan in tow. "Besides, gotta keep an eye on him."

"Poppy, Harry this is Logan. Logan this is my best friend Poppy and her thing, Harry." Ollie introduced and I glared at him.

"We've met Ol, but it's nice to see you again." I offered politely to Logan, he was dressed as Hercules. Figures.

"Nice to meet you man." Logan greeted Harry who simply raised his bottle and nodded. "Have you got any ket on you?"

I blinked as Logan brazenly asked Harry for drugs and out the corner of my eye I saw Harry's jaw twitch.

"Not working tonight mate." Harry ground out and I suddenly wondered why it was a big deal.

Everyone here knew he was a drug dealer. Hardly like it was a big revelation.

"I think Tom's here." Ollie spoke up and I heard Harry grunt and I nudged him. "I don't really like him Peas."

"Makes two of us." Harry grunted and I rolled my eyes but ignored the two of them, I better not tell Harry that Tom had decided to sit with me again in classes then.

I still didn't know what his problem with Tom was.

I looked around the party at all the different people dressed up as Ollie and Logan broke off into their own conversation again and Harry tapped something out on his phone before pocketing it again.

"Why is it you always look vaguely miserably whenever you go to a party?" Harry suddenly broke the silence between us and I blinked up at him.

I opened my mouth to reply only to be distracted by a group of guys making their way over towards us and I swallowed as one of them glanced over at Harry and I before his eyes slowly and deliberately dropped up and down my body.

I watched as they all greeted Logan and he practically pushed Ollie five feet away from him and I swallowed thickly as I watched the group come closer to us, Ollie still next to Logan as he shifted uncomfortably.

"This is Ollie, the lad who's been doing my chemistry coursework for me." Logan introduced Ollie and my eyes snapped to my best friend who shifted, refusing to meet my eyes.

One, why the fuck would Ollie do someone else's work for them? And two, what an incredibly weird introduction Logan gave. But then it clicked into place in my brain.

Nobody here knew Logan was gay.

I kept my mouth shut even though Ollie looked visibly hurt and I hoped that he was still sober enough to know not to cause trouble, just because he was out and proud didn't mean Logan had to be too.

"Is no one going to introduce this sexy bitch or what?"

I swallowed as the same guy who had checked me out earlier spoke, everyones eyes turning towards me and I shifted, incredibly uncomfortable at all the attention and especially the attention from these guys.

I jumped slightly as a large and heavy arm was thrown over my shoulder and I was pulled into Harry's side, stumbling slightly as he forced me to stay pressed to him.

"Back off." Harry snapped and I watched as the guy glanced between the two of us before rolling his eyes.

"Not even that hot anyway." He muttered before talking to Logan and I swallowed as I tried to not let it hurt.

I didn't want to be pretty, not to someone like him anyway.

"You get really uncomfortable around boys."

Harry's lips brushed my ear as he spoke and I held my nerve as I almost shivered in response, aware of his arm still around me and I shrugged the best I could.

"It's lame." I mumbled making Harry nudge me. "I dunno, it's just that I don't like having a body sometimes you know? I don't like being looked at."

"Eh?"

"I said it was lame." I muttered as Harry's expression grew more confused and my cheeks heated.

"Yeh' don't get uncomfortable around me."

Although it was phrased like a statement I wasn't sure if Harry required an answer or not so I simply shook my head.

"I trust you." I said simply and honestly.

I looked up at Harry to find him looking down at me and I flushed even hotter if that was possible and I hoped he couldn't tell. Sometimes I wondered what he thought about when he looked at me, but part of me also didn't want to know.

"Do you think we look alike?"

I looked over towards Logan and his friends to find one of them standing next to Ollie and I cringed as it was obvious why he'd said that.

"Oh God."

That was definitely a white boy wearing black face paint.

"Who the fuck are you even meant to be?"

I blinked as I realised Harry spoke, his eyes narrowed at the guy who'd spoken and I saw Ollie shift uncomfortably as I tried to signal to him with my eyes.

"Kayne, duh." The racist looked at Harry as if he was the idiot and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh oi bro why the fuck do you keep touching his arm? You gay or something bro?"

Another one of Logan's friends shouted and I briefly regretted not learning any of their names, but they all seemed like dicks so I didn't particularly care. I only cared about the fact he was talking to Ollie.

"Obviously." Ollie snorted as he looked at Logan and I watched in horror as Logan's lip formed a sneer.

"Stop touching me you queer." Logan snapped and I watched Ollie recoil.

"You've been hanging out with a fag all this time, bro what the fuck!"

It was like it all happened in slow motion as Harry lifted his arm off me and I saw him drop the bottle and helmet to the ground and lunge for the brunette who'd spoken and I immediately went to grab Ollie.

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size." Harry grunted as the guy hit the ground immediately and I forced myself not to smile.

"You alright?" I asked Ollie quietly who was simply staring at the scene unfolding as someone else went for Harry only to have Harry's fist meet his nose half way.

The cry of pain seemed to kick everyone into action and I watched in horror as the majority all started throwing punches towards Harry.

I couldn't actually tell if anyone of them managed to hit Harry, I'd only seen him take on Oliver, which wasn't exactly a fair fight in the first place but a couple of the guys here hit the ground quickly too.

Ollie left my side in a blink and I watched as he smacked Logan straight in the jaw, the blonde boy crying out in pain before someone smacked Ollie and I immediately went in to pull Ollie away.

He wasn't Harry, he'd get his arse kicked.

"Fucking come on then!" Harry shouted, his voice almost louder than the music and started attracting the attention of people near by and I picked up his helmet swiftly as a couple of guys no one seemed to know pulled Harry away from the person he was beating to a pulp.

"Come on man, leave it now."

Harry ripped his arm away from the man and instead picked my hand up and started striding back the way we'd came earlier on and I gripped onto Ollie for dear life as I followed Harry like a puppy.

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly once we were away from the party and the orange lights of Harry's car had lit up the street and Harry was running a hand through his hair angrily.

"Are you really asking if I'm okay?" Harry snorted, hard eyes looking at me as if I was stupid and I swallowed.

I blinked away from him as my heart stung and I shifted on my feet, guess this hadn't changed between us.

"M'fine Flower." Harry spoke softly as he tapped my jaw with one finger making me look up at him, his eyes no longer a hard glare as his lips twitched and I gave him a small smile.

"Ollie man, you've gotta get a better boyfriend, fuck me."

I blinked as I realised the real victim here wasn't Harry but was in fact Ollie who was sat on the curb and I practically flew over to him, forcing his head up to look at me.

"You're bleeding Ol." I mumbled as I touched his lip slightly making him hiss.

"I've got a first aid kit in the car, c'mon." Harry said and I looked at him in shock making him roll his eyes as I pulled Ollie up and into the back seat, climbing in after him.

"Cunt was never my boyfriend." Ollie laughed bitterly just as Harry handed me the kit and I thanked him quietly.

"Good." Harry laughed as I started to dab at his lip with an antiseptic wipe making Ollie flinch and me apologise quietly. "I know a coupla' nice guys."

"Harry." I groaned, I really didn't think now was the time to think about setting Ollie up with anyone again.

"He's right Pea, best way to get over someone is to get under someone else." Ollie grinned before he winced and poked at his lip making me bat his hand away.

"I just cleaned that!" I scolded making Ollie roll his eyes before the three of us fell into silence.

"So where's the next party then?"

Ollie broke the silence a few minutes later making Harry snort and me look at him incredulously.

"What? It's Halloween and I look fucking good I'm not letting it go to waste." Ollie protested and I glanced at Harry who was already looking over his shoulder at me.

I wasn't any help, Ollie was the maker and keeper of all my plans and social activities so it was up to Harry.

"Liam's having a party at his place." Harry said slowly making Ollie sit up in his seat.

"Drive then." Ollie said as if it was the most obvious thing and I almost expected Harry to snap at him in response.

But he didn't.

And I couldn't help but be a little bit jealous considering I knew if that had been me, he would have snapped.

"You alrigh' with that?" Harry asked and I met his eye in the rear view mirror and nodded. Wasn't really like I had a choice.

"I'm easy." I smiled making Ollie cheer.

"No you're not."

Harry muttered under this breath but I still caught it, my face heating as I rolled my lips together and curled up on the back seat.

I didn't understand Harry, this wasn't how we left things but he was surprisingly easy going tonight. Not that I was complaining, because I was enjoying it more than anything. It just wasn't helping my crush.

Somehow not seeing him for almost a week had only intensified how I felt for him and especially the way he smacked the homophobe for Ollie, he had my heart swelling in adoration.

Now I just had to figure out how to win over all his friends again considering the last time I saw them, they all thought I was a psychopath.

It was still Halloween after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

950 82 27
What happens when a fire destroys a lovely couples home and only one lives...? completed :)
153K 5K 14
The Sequel to When Hate Turns To Love. Follow Niall and Kaylee's story deeper through all the drama and happiness as they try to have a normal life w...
6.4K 484 13
[larry au] "I feel like I'm going to be sick." And that's when everything in his stomach is now on the damp ground, blood red sick dripping through h...
560K 4.2K 33
Daddy smut ;)