Forever

Door amcka30

If you had the choice to live forever, would you take it? Dakota was born so she could not age. Watching lov... Meer

Forever
Forever-2
Forever-3
Forever-4
Forever-5
Forever-6
Forever-7
Forever-8
Forever-Dakota's last point of view
forever-Andrew-chapter one
Forever-Andrew-Chapter two
Forever-Andrew-Chapter three
Forever-Andrew-Chapter four
Forever-Andrew-Chapter five
Forever-Andrew-Chapter six
forever-Andrew-Chapter seven
Forever-Andrew-Chapter Eight
Forever-Andrew-Chapter Nine
Forever-Andrew-Last chapter
Forever-Epilogue
[1]Forever:p2
[2] Forever: Pt 2
[3] Forever: part II
[4] Forever
[5] Forever
[6] Forever: part two
[7] Forever: part II
[8] Forever: part II
[9] Forever: part II
[10] forever:part II
[11]Forever: part II
[12] Forever: part II
[13] Forever:part II
[14] Forever:part II
[15] Forever: part II
[16] Forever: Part II
[18]Forever: part II
[19]Forever: part II
[20] Forever: part II
[epilogue-1]Forever:part II
[Epilogue2] Forever:Part II

[17] Forever: part II

1.9K 18 6
Door amcka30

 _____

Hey,

So I thought I'd be nice and upload one vote early.

Now, instead of asking for 10 votes or something crazy, I'm going with another rule.

I want, 6 votes

6 comments

and 200 reads

2 more chapters, 2 more epilogues

Sheesh, I'm getting so sad that it's nearing the end.

And guys, A Touch of Colour is now up, chapter two will be up tomorrow.

I also put up another story called Fighting for April.

It is mostly a sad story, I wanted to test my writing for serious stuff, but of courseEnjoy the chapter

_____

RECAP

.

.

.

        He shook his head with a smile. “Wow, you really don’t notice much do you?”

          “Notice what?”

          “Haley, I’m not twenty years old, and neither are you.”

          “What?”

          “Look at me.  How old do I actually look?”

          I looked him up and down.  Luke’s hair still was in the same style, yet he looked older... Around his thirties.

          “Haley... How long did you grieve for your mother?”

          “I don’t know... two years I think... I don’t remember much...

          “Haley, it was more than two years.”

          “How much more?”

          “Well do the math’s... I’m thirty years old so...”

          I gasped.  “Twelve years?”

          He nodded.

          “But that means Zane should be...”

          “Twenty-six.  Does he look twenty-six to you?”

          I shook my head.

          “You don’t have to worry about losing Zane, Haley.  He’s not going to die.  As long as we hide both of you.”

          I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

          “Long bathroom break,” a voice said from behind me.

          I turned around and looked into Zane’s red eyes.

.

.

.

END OF RECAP

Chapter Seventeen

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

“Zane, it’s not what it looks like,” I said.

          “Then what is it then?  Because I can’t think of anything that can possibly explain you two being close all of a sudden after years of hating each other,” Zane said.

          I got up from the couch and walked over to him.

          He took a step back, away from me.  “You always wanted Luke, didn’t you?”

          I shook my head.  “No!  You know that!”

          “I was just a substitute wasn’t I?  I thought it was too good to be true.  To think I thought you loved me!”

          “I did, and still do.  Zane, you’re everything to me!”

          “Am I?”

          “If you weren’t then I would have left.  But I can’t leave you Zane!”

          “But you can now, because you no longer need a replacement for Luke.  He’s here.”

          “Zane, stop being a child and listen to her!” Luke snapped.

          Zane turned his gaze to Luke.  “And what are your reasons for this Luke?”

          “I can’t tell you.”

          “Not getting laid, so you thought you could seduce an old girlfriend?”

          “Zane!” I scolded.

          He looked back at me.  “I’ve had enough of this.  I’m leaving.”

          The tears started to pour out of my eyes.  “Don’t leave me Zane!  I thought you were different!”

          “And I thought you were different too.  But obviously you’re not.”

          “Zane, you can’t leave,” Luke said, not looking at him.

          “And you’re going to try to stop me?”

          “Oh, no, nothing like that.  You can leave this house if you really want, but you will die.”

          “Oh, so you’ve got someone to hunt me down and kill me?  No more threat?”

          “No, I mean-”

          “Luke... he doesn’t know?” I asked.

          “Know what?” Zane said.

          Luke got up and walked over to him.  “Zane, tell me why mum and dad were always away.”

          “Because of business.”

          “What kind of business?”

          “Meetings and such.”

          “What did they talk about at these meetings?”

          “Companies and stuff, right?  They worked on advertising the anti-aging pill.”

          “Wrong.  They talked about what substitute they were going to use to when they ran out.  Now guess what that is.”

          “What?”

          “Take a guess.  What’s one way, that you can live forever, without any pills and such.”

          “Well that’s impossible.  You need the born genetics like Haley or Dakota.”

          “And do we know these genetics?”

          “Of course not.  That would involve some serious science that would take years or looking at the body of an immortal, but of course you can’t because they don’t die.”

          “Picture yourself as greedy.  You have all the money in the world, and of course you want to live forever so you can use it all.  They’ve just run out of your life source.  You’re going to die.  Seeing that you’re greedy and so badly want to live forever, you will do whatever it takes.  Then one day you meet this person who doesn’t look a day over sixteen and was born centuries before the anti-aging pill was released.  How is it possible?  You’re curious.  You’re greedy.  You’re power thirsty.  You will go to whatever means to take a captive and find out what makes them tick!”

          “People wouldn’t do that!  It’s heartless!”

          “That’s our parents for you!”

          “Mum and dad?”

          Luke looked down then stared back into his brother’s eyes.  “How did Dakota die Zane?”

          “She took an anti-aging pill.”

          “Why would she do that?  Her life was great with her daughter.  Sure, she grieved the loss of her husband, but she had Haley.  They had plans for the future together.  Why would she risk it all and try something big like that?”

          Zane shrugged.

          “Exactly.  She wouldn’t.  Dakota was smart.”

          “I don’t see what it has to do with mum and dad.”

          “Mum and dad are centuries old too.  They started taking the pill since it came out.  They move to this small town and their own neighbour is immortal!  Imagine that!  What if their neighbour’s daughter was too?  Oh, let’s kidnap them and find out what they’re made of.  But as they go in for Dakota, Haley comes home.  They don’t know if she has anyone with them.  So they just kill her and run.  Leaving Haley defenceless for twelve years.”

          “Twelve?”

          Luke gave his brother a sad smile.  “How old are you Zane?”

          “Sixteen.”

          “How old am I?”

          “Twenty.”

          “Really?”

          Zane studied him.  “You look old for your age.”

          “An extra ten years old.”

          “That’s preposterous, you’re not thirty!  That would make me...”

          “Twenty-six,” I whispered.

          Zane looked at me and then back at his brother.  “That’s crazy Luke!  Ten years can’t pass without me knowing!”

          “Remember the day that mum and dad left us?”

          “A week before you gave me the ticket to visit Haley.”

          “Really?”

          “Yes!”

          “Zane, the day that mum and dad ripped up your ticket... what happened?”

          He smiled lost in the memory.  “I got drunk and went for a drive.”

          “What happened in that drive?”

          “I crashed.”

          A small gasp escaped my mouth.

          Zane looked at me guilty then seemed to remember that he hated me.

          “When you woke up in the hospital, how long had passed?” Luke asked him.

          “A day!  You said so yourself!”

          “Zane, what if mum and dad forced me into killing immortals?”

          “I doubt that.”

          “Where were mum and dad when you woke up?”

          “Dead.”

          “Right.  Say the people in their company thought I was next to take over the company.  Of course, I had to.  I thought they’d kill me if I didn’t.  Also, I didn’t want them suspicious of my brother that was in a coma for ten years and hadn’t aged obviously showing that he had the genetics of an immortal.”

          This was too much for Zane.  He walked over to the couch and sat down.

          “Not easy to take, hey?” Luke asked him.

          Zane shook his head.

          “Now take it if you were in Haley’s position.  Your first romance left you without reason, your mum died randomly, you’re in denial for ages, then suddenly an old friend comes back.  You fall in love.  Then find out that if you take the anti-aging pill, you will die.  And they’re out of them, so the love of your life can’t take them to live forever with you.  You’re love will get old and die.  You must have to leave them.  But oh, he’s immortal too.  You’re relieved, but scared for the both of you to know that people want to kill you.  How would you take that?  Would you want a comforting hug?”

          Zane didn’t reply for what seemed like ages but was only ten minutes.

          He got up from the couch and walked over to me.

          He wrapped his arms around me.  “I’m sorry for not trusting you.”

          “It’s fine,” I whispered.

          “Do you forgive me?” he whispered into my hair.

          “Of course,” I whispered back.  “Just don’t ever leave me.”

          “Hey, hey, save that lovey dovey stuff for when I’m out shopping or stuff.  And please don’t get busy when I’m in the house!” Luke complained.

          “Busy?” I asked.

          Zane smirked. 

          “Busy,” the boys chorused.

          I thought about it for a minute then it clicked.  I felt my cheeks go bright red.  I had never thought about that before.

          They laughed at my embarrassment.

          “But seriously, it’s bad enough that my brother now has the girl I love but to see him touch her and love her more than I ever could is torture!” Luke continued.

          I nodded.

          “And just so you two know, I’m going to be out all day tomorrow and tomorrow night.  I probably won’t be back till the day after.”

          Zane and I shared a glance then looked back at Luke.

          “I don’t want to know what you two are planning either!”

          I blushed again.  Did he really take me to be like that?  Maybe he though Zane was like that.  He was sixteen forever.  An immortal teenage boy.  He probably still had all his hormones...

          I should commit to Zane that way.  But when is it too early?

____

Vote/fan/comment

6 votes

6 comments

200 reads

Thanks guys!

PLEASE READ A TOUCH OF COLOUR

and if in the mood for serious then Fighting for April

_____

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

246 29 21
She's quiet. She's reserved. She minds her own business. She keeps herself within her circle of friends. ●●● He's popular. He's loud. He's friends wi...
7.5K 508 37
{Complete} Watching your mom die in front of you is hard. What's even harder? Moving across the country to Iowa, to live with your mom's best friend...
2.3K 100 33
There are just things that won't stay in your life forever. Not everything is permanent.What would you do if the reason why you want to live,leaves y...
1.6M 24.4K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...