Darkest Night (vampire phanfi...

By bands-youtubers-life

I was surrounded by people yet I'd never felt more alone. He changed that though, he changed me. So what's g... More

A/N so...
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 1

2.1K 57 16
By bands-youtubers-life

"You will not leave this house and that is final!"

"Fine but you can't stop me from going to school!" I yelled back to my mother. She's been throwing a fit because I've wanted to go to a party at my friend Jake's house.

She won't let me or my sister go anywhere all because some stupid teens around London keep disappearing. They think that it's more likely that they'er running away more than them being kidnaped or killed.

I think my mum actually thinks I'll leave. Ever since she remarried she claims that we don't want to be close to her, she says we don't 'talk' to her anymore.

Truth be told I was closer to my dad than anyone else in my family. As it turns out the feeling wasn't that mutual, he moved out and moved on I guess. Mum won't tell us where, and that's definitely one reason she's afraid we would want to leave.

"What are you planning on doing? Ditch school to go who knows where?"

"Mum, it's not like I want to leave. And even if I did it wouldn't be to go find dad, it would be because you are always way too overbearing."

"I just want what's best for you honey."

"No, you want me to stay cooped up in this so called 'perfect life' you think we have here. If you'd just give us some space we wouldn't want rebel so much."

"Daniel, I do want you to be happy and safe. Believe it or not, I do love you."

"Well in the past four years you've had a funny way if showing it," I muttered before jogged up stairs, entered my room and slammed my door.

Stupid step dad, stupid mother, stupid school, stupid life. I'd do practically anything to change it. Maybe I actually would leave, if it wasn't for my friends.

I walked over to my closet and pulled out a pair of skinny jeans, took off my sweats and put them on.

If I can't go through the front door then I'll just go out the window.

And that's exactly what I did. I quickly ran over to my car and started it up.

Yeah of course she'll hear it, she would have found out anyway. At this point I don't care.

I left and went down the road about twelve minutes away to a house seemed to emanate music from a huge distance away. Jake moved in about a year ago. His Dad always works and his mum is always traveling; it kind of sucks that's he usually always alone.

As I got out of my car and started to approach the house, when my friend PJ ran up and jumped nearly knocking me over.

"Hello to you too, Peej," I laughed greeting him.

"Where have you been? I've been texting you non stop."

"Sorry mate, my mum took my phone earlier. Plus I'm not even suppose to be here."

"You got grounded again didn't you?" he inquired as we walked through the house trying not to get shoved by other people.

"Yeah, she thinks I'm going to 'disappear' like the others."

"That's one of the things I wanted to tell you about.."

"What? You're not leaving me to join that stupid cult thing are you?" I asked looking at him strangely. I have very few friends and I'd rather not lose my best friend.

"No but Chris has been missing for the last eight hours or so. I talked to his parents and stuff, they're getting worried."

"Damn, I never thought he'd be the one to leave," I replied quite shocked. Wow, looks like I lost another friend anyway.

"I know me either."

"Promise you won't leave Peej. Luke left last month, and last week we lost Joe too. I hate to point out the obvious but those are some of the only few people we've been close to since primary  school."

"I'm not leaving when I finally so close to graduating, and getting the hell out of here."

"Good, I don't want to be left here alone. So this punch has been tampered with hasn't it?" I asked knowing that the red liquid in front of me was most definitely not just fruit punch. Actually wasn't planning on drinking but no point in stopping now.

"Jake said something earlier about it but I haven't gotten any so I wouldn't know."

"Go home Dan you're drunk," Jake said walking me over to the door a couple of hours later.

"Am not."

"Where's PJ? Maybe he should take you home."

"He, um," where did he go again? Oh yeah, "he went to the toilet like, uh.. I actually don't remember how long ago."

"I'll call your sister then."

"No! No Jake, Maggi will kill me."

"Dan, you are not driving like this. And if you pass out I am not taking care of you if something happens, I can't keep a watch on you."

"I don't need watching," what's with him? I would be perfectly fine driving.

-Yeah, Mags?"

-Get your brother, he's gone delusional."

-Someone earlier put it in the drink. I swear it wasn't me this time."

-That's not my problem. Just get him before he hurts himself or something please."

-Thank you Maggi."

Well that's great he called her. Why her? I'd rather have my mum than her. My mum may be really over protective but Maggi is actually caring and easily makes me feel guilty for stuff like this.

Jake sat me down on the front steps and told me to stay and wait. I would've protested but I just so happened to be a bit little tired, so I just went and sat there anyway.

It's not like I'm here because he told me to...

"Are you fucking kidding me Dan? Mum has been worried for ages," I open my eyes and look around to see a blurred Maggi.

"Well, she didn't go looking for me did she?"

"Mum and Harvey have been fighting ever since she noticed you and your car gone. It's mostly because Harvey really doesn't give a shit in the first place and wouldn't go looking."

"Great parents we have."

"Mum try's-"

Oh no I'm not having any of that 'oh mum is trying her best' crap right now. She's done nothing lately but make my life a living hell.

"If she tried, Harvey wouldn't be in our lives, Maggi," she glared at me then took my arm and yanked me off the ground, "ow, that hurt!"

"Good. Just shut up. Lets just get home, give me your keys."

I looked down at her questioningly, "why?"

"I'm leaving my car here and you can take me to get it tomorrow. I've already talked to Jake about leaving it till tomorrow morning."

"Fine," I replied knowing she was making more sense of this than I am. Okay so maybe I'm a little bit drunk, "What time is it?"

"Almost midnight idiot, you've been gone for five hours," she answered once inside the car.

"Chris has been missing for twelve," I mumbled in realization. He's been mine and Peej's best friend since year three, I probably haven't ever gone a day without talking to him before.

"Kendall?" she quiried, looking at me.

"Yeah, PJ mentioned it earlier. I can't believe he's gone."

"I couldn't believe Louise and Emma had left last month, and that Zoe left with Joe a couple of weeks ago, but they did. I mean really I don't understand any of this. Why leave your family and friends?" I feel bad that she's practically alone now.

"I understand, Chris', his parents didn't take his sexuality seriously. Remember how he pretty much lived with us for months? He couldn't go home. And heck Louise was about to move to Australia, then Luke left because he couldn't stand school anymore especially since he's already failing, and Emma followed him. They all had reasons to go that they took seriously and they did."

"You won't leave because of Harvey, will you?"

"I can't leave PJ here by himself. Besides, that's reason I don't know what I'd do. Would you be willing to leave?"

"I wouldn't want to leave you. Anyway we don't even know exactly where they went."

"We couldn't follow, even if we did want to."

"You know they'er going to kill you when you get inside," Maggi stated unlocking the door of the car.

"You'll help me out won't you?" I just want to sleep. I don't want to be stuck talking to them all night.

"What else are siblings for?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 127 17
When Dan- danisnotonfire- dies in a crash, Phil- amazingphil- is distraught. It was all so sudden, no warnings, just a phone call. Phil learns that h...
1.5K 87 50
Phil is lost and blinded by his tears. Can he find his way? Or will he be another disappearing act? * Trigger Warning* [Completed]
185K 7.2K 18
{COMPLETED} Phil was mute, alone and bullied. Dan was outgoing, popular, and a bully. But when he starts developing feelings for Phil, what happens? ...
47 15 13
Phil has been offered a job in America and he decides to take it as it hurts to be near Dan knowing his feelings will never be returned. But when Phi...