ALIVE , legacies

By -natalics

ā š˜€š—µš—² š—ŗš—¼š˜ƒš—²š˜€ š˜š—µš—暝—¼š˜‚š—“š—µ š—ŗš—¼š—¼š—»š—Æš—²š—®š—ŗš˜€ š˜€š—¹š—¼š˜„š—¹š˜†. āž some of this is cringe but idc hope mi... More

BEFORE YOU READ
CAST
MADELINE KIRBY
SYNOPSIS
PROLOGUE
ONE
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
MID SEASON FINALE VOTES
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
MADELINE KIRBY
INTERMISSION
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
THE END
three years later
return of resurrection

TWO

19.4K 580 409
By -natalics

this is the part where you run

MYSTIC FALLS , VIRGINIA

"How do you two know each other?"

I look at Dr. Saltzman through the window. "You know, I was wondering the same thing!" I turn to my brother, who's on my left. "Oh, Brother, Dear, how do you know this lovely psychic bimbo?" I ask coldly.

Hope rolls her eyes. "He used to serve me milkshakes at the Mystic Grill." She says.

"Peanut Butter Blast. Whipped cream on the bottom." Landon remembers. "We danced once."

Hope looks back at him, "We tried." She laughs. "And then you moved away."

"Then you made a door blow off its hinges with your brain." He snaps back. I felt some unresolved feelings between the two.

I look up again. "Yeah, do you feel like explaining that one, Miss Hope?" I snarl.

"Oh, we'll explain everything. We're almost there." Dr. Saltzman says.

Landon looks out his window. "Where are we going?" He asks

"Somewhere safe."

Salvatore Boarding School; For the Young & Gifted.

Or, something like that.

My brother and I walk side by side, Raf still feeling sore and confused about the nights events. Two girls walk up to us, one blond. One brunette. "Welcome to The Salvatore School. We're your tour guides." The blond one says. She looks back at me, a slight twinkle in her eye. I give a small smile, but she looks away.

"I'm Josie." The brunette gives a warm smile to the three of us.

"I'm Lizzie." Blonde follows. "Sisters."

"Twins"

"Fraternal. Obvs." Lizzie rolls her eyes, smiling at us.

"Rafael, why don't you go ahead with the girls while I talk to Landon and Lena." Dr. Saltzman says.

The twins latch onto Rafael rather quickly. "Morning, Hope." They say in sync.

"Morning, girls." Hope follows.

"More like despair."  Lizzie snickers as she walks by.

"I heard that."

"No, you didn't."

"Didn't have to."

"Everyone, behave." Dr. Saltzman playfully scowls. 

The two girls look back at him. "Love you, Dad." I raise my eyebrows in surprise. Dad. Wowie.

Dr. Saltzman looks at my brother and I. "So... let's get started."

Dr. Saltzman leads the way as we walk through the elegant school. "I'm curious, Landon-" He pauses to scold a couple of students. "Slow down!" He looks back at us. "Were you aware of us when you lived in Mystic Falls?"

"Uh, I knew Hope went to some fancy boarding school." Landon shrugs.

My brother and I peer around, watching little kids run around cheerily. "People in town said it was for troubled rich kids." I explain, remembering the whispers. "I see the rich part is true."

We see a little girl, lifting a book with her mind. Like Hope with the doors. "Nobody in town mentioned anyone in here could do that." Landon mumbles.

The four of us step into what looks like Dr. Saltzman's office. "No one in Mystic Falls knows much about us. We blend in just enough. Participate, contribute just enough. Keeps people from asking too many questions." He tells us.

"What is there to know, exactly?" Landon asks.

Dr. Saltzman places a band on his desk chair. "Well, I used to have a speech prepared, carefully unpeeling the layers of mystical history, but it turns out most people have read Harry Potter and are actually cool with me skipping the tee-up."

My eyes widen, "You're a school for magic?" I ask, smiling. This was, by far, the coolest thing I've heard. I sit down in my seat, Landon hesitantly following suit.

"We are a school for the supernatural," Saltzman corrects, leaning back in his chair. "Which covers a lot of territory. Everyone here has something that makes them special in ways that the outside world wouldn't understand."

Landon looks past me, looking up at Hope. "So, what are you?"

"I should get to class." Hope says.

"No." Landon shouts. I send my brother an annoyed glance. "No. Sorry. I don't mean to be a dick, but I don't know you," He says to Dr. Saltzman, who nods as if saying fair enough. "And though the image of you whammying a priest is still fresh, I need you here." He says to Hope. I fake gag, rather grossed out by this situation. "Just tell me what all that was in the church last night?"

Hope steps closer to the two of us. "What do you think it was?"

"Well, as best as I can reason-"

I cut my brother off. "Either our birth parents are schizophrenic and we are mentally unsafe or werewolves are real." I toss my arms up in the air. It feels like my brain is turning into mush. We look at Hope and Dr. Saltzman, expecting them to tell us we're crazy.

They don't say anything.

Landon squeezes his eyes shut, shaking his head. "Th-This is beyond insane. How is that even possible?"

Saltzman tosses his arms up "It's a long story, involving an ancient, vengeful witch and a bloodline curse." He says. "We cover all that in Origins of the Species, grade six."

I scoff, "In sixth grade, at a normal school, we learned the state capitals." Leaning back in my chair, I shake my head.

Hope giggles. "We teach that, too." She gives Landon a soft smile, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I have some questions about Rafael." Saltzman asks, cutting Hope and Landon off from their eye-sex moment.

"Like what?" Asks my brother.

"Well, let's start with who he killed recently."

I blink a few times, shocked at what just came out of his mouth. "Why would you ask us that?" I snap.

Landon sighs as Mr. Saltzman sighs. "The werewolf gene lies dormant until the carrier takes a human life. If Rafael triggered his curse, it's because he killed someone." He says. "And we don't accept coldblooded killers into our program."

"He's not a killer." Landon snaps.

"We're not trying-"

My brother and I stand up in sync. "He's not a killer!" Landon repeats, cutting off Hope.

"Well, I know a little bit about his background." Mr. Saltzman pulls out a file. "Neglectful birth parents. Orphaned in adolescence. Six foster homes in seven years. Prone to fits of anger."

I scoff, rolling my eyes. "Yeah, well, sorry Mr...." I look down at his name on his desk. "Alaric Saltzman? But you could just as easily be reading my file, or my brothers, or any other damn kids file in the system. That's what it's like out there for people like us. We don't get to be normal. We don't get to be special either."

Landon's face is filled with anger. He just didn't know how to express it. Hope tries to reason with us both. "Landon, I know this is a lot to take in right now, but we're only trying to help. I've been going here since I was seven. This is a safe place for people like Rafael. It's a home."

"But if we take him in, we need to make sure that he is not a threat." Alaric Saltzman says.

I cross my arms over my chest. Not saying a word. "His girlfriend." I look to see Landon.

"Lan-"

"Lena, for once, shut up." He snaps. I'm taken aback, clamping my mouth shut. Landon sighs, turning to face the other end of the room. "His girlfriend, Cassie. Last month, he was driving, there was a storm, he took a turn too fast." He turns back to look at Hope and Alaric. "And then he started acting out." He says. "At first I thought it was just grief. And then maybe, maybe drugs or something."

I look up, "And then he threw a two hundred pound lawnmower fifty feet across the yard." I say softly, remembering it like it was yesterday. Cause it was only a few days ago.

Landon sighs. "That was when our foster parents called in the priest. I guess they thought he was possessed by the devil." He says as if none of it matters anymore.

"All of that is, consistent with a newly triggered wolf." Alaric Saltzman says, shutting Rafaels file. "It's normal. Thank you for that, Landon." He turns to the girl. "Hope."

Hope walks closer to the two of us, grabbing my brothers hand. "Everything's gonna be okay. I promise." She smiles. She gives me a quick glance before pursing her lips "We're ready."

He door opens, revealing a mousy boy with frizzy hair. "Landon and Lena Kirby, Milton Greasley."

Milton groans. "Come on, Dr. Saltzman."

"Right. MG. I'm sorry. Take it from a guy named Alaric. I get it." Saltzman chuckles. "MG is my student aide."

Hope speaks up sheepishly. "He's also a vampire."

"Of course he is."

"Cool." I say, smirking at the vamp boy.

Landon frowns. "You know, for a school with a secret to keep, you're kind of liberal with your information."

"Well, we don't actually intend for you two to remember any of it." Alaric says.

MG walks up to each of us, speaking orderly, "Forget everything you've seen or learned since last night. All you need to know is that your friend has found a home where he can live a better life. You'll miss him. But you know it's for the best."

The two of us have the same reaction. "Are you two out of your minds?" I squeal.

"How could we forget any of this?" Landon snaps.

"MG, did you do it wrong?" Hope snaps.

MG scoffs. "No, I didn't do it wrong. It's the easiest vampire trick in the book." He retorts.

"Well, it didn't work."

"Obviously, it didn't work." Landon and I make eye contact, breaking into a run.

Landon's caught first by MG, who practically chokes him into consciousness. "Let go of my brother!" I screech, sending a side kick into MG. He grunts, stumbling a bit. It's just enough to get me around him, running by.

It's not enough time to stop Hope from her psychic witchy powers.

"Ad somnum!"

AUTHORS NOTE

WELCOME BACK!

this is obviously chapter 2, and i can't explain enough how much i love this story already.

if you guys have any ideas for what you want to happen in this story, go ahead and comment down below. i'm very very open to new ideas!

i'll update soon!

TOODLES

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.5K 1K 13
What if Hope wasn't the only daughter of Klaus Mikaelson and Hayley Marshall? Well this story is about her younger twin sister Khalia Mikaelson. Join...
40.8K 1.3K 34
In which Alexia Kirby will meet a girl with beautiful blue eyes, only to find out it's the same girl her brother is always talking about. Will Alexia...
400K 12.2K 41
ā š˜Ŗ š˜„š˜°š˜Æ'š˜µ š˜øš˜¢š˜Æš˜Æš˜¢ š˜£š˜¦ š˜ŗš˜°š˜¶š˜³ š˜§š˜³š˜Ŗš˜¦š˜Æš˜„, š˜Ŗ š˜øš˜¢š˜Æš˜Æš˜¢ š˜¬š˜Ŗš˜“š˜“ š˜ŗš˜°š˜¶š˜³ š˜­š˜Ŗš˜±š˜“ āž Ā© natalics ā„¢ šŸšŸŽšŸšŸŽ legacies ; season 2 lizzie sa...
42.1K 673 25
"š‘°'š’Ž š’‹š’–š’”š’• š’‚š’š’š’•š’‰š’†š’“ š’š’Šš’ˆš’‰š’•š’Žš’‚š’“š’† š’˜š’“š’‚š’‘š’‘š’†š’… š’Šš’ š’‚ š’‘š’“š’†š’•š’•š’š š’ƒš’š’˜. š‘«š’š’'š’• š’‡š’–š’„š’Œ š’˜š’Šš’•š’‰ š’Žš’†." ...