Hunting Silver

By PreyDelaCruz

A forest is one of the places where creatures of beyond human’s knowledge, reside. Of course, you just don’t... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 28

12.5K 476 16
By PreyDelaCruz

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

I woke up feeling sore all over my body. Literally. My hole, my neck, my jaw, name it. I was sore. We didn’t stop last night until we’re both drained. But let’s not get into that.

Feeling Hunter’s warmth all over me, especially behind me, I turned around and saw him still asleep. Come to think of it, this was the first time I witnessed him sleeping. For some reason, he was always the first one to wake up. I guess I really tired him out last night. I giggled at that thought.

I took this chance to observe him. He looked so… yummmmaayy.

I groaned. Not again! I lightly slapped myself to get the dirty thoughts out of my head. There's no way I could afford another round today after last night.

Hunter’s lips were slightly parted as soft snores were heard, his bare chest rising and falling in an even pace. His thick and long lashes framed his closed eyes and I fought back the urge to touch it, count its strands. His hair was so tousled that I knew he would have trouble taming it later. His brows were furrowed that I started to worry if he was having a nightmare or not.

With that thought, I decided to wake him up. Just in case my hunch was right. I kissed the tip of his nose and then licked it. He instantly stirred and did that nose crinkle that made me want to hug him so tight, in which I did.

“Silver… can we go back to sleep, please?” he grumbled, his voice still raspy because of sleep.

“We have to get our schedules in school today. Classes start three days from now.” I watched him mumble incomprehensible words, probably refusals of what I said.

He pulled me closer to him that I came face to face with his nipple. He even lifted a leg over my side. “I’ll tell Caleb to get them for us.”

“Lazy ass.”

“Whose fault do you think it is that I'm so worn out from last night?” he asked, sounding already half-asleep.

“Well, thanks to you too, my whole body is aching!”

“That’s why I'm telling you we should go back to sleep…”

“I have no win in this, do I?”

He lifted his head shortly to whisper right by my ear. “Exactly.” He then slapped my ass and then acted as if he didn’t do anything wrong. “Now, sleep, Silver-babe.”

I pouted and rubbed my now not only sore but also stinging bum. I wasn’t able to say anything though, because soon enough he was snoring again. I just sighed and forced myself to go back to sleep, which thankfully I succeeded.

***

We woke up startled because of the doorbell madly ringing, thanks to someone pressing it continuously like there was no tomorrow. We both grunted in annoyance and lazily got up, heading downstairs. All he was wearing was his boxers while I was wrapped up in a cocoon of blanket. Whoever was at the other side of the door, they were about to receive twin death glares from us.

Hunter opened the front door with so much force. For a moment I was worried if it will destroy the hinges. There stood the three idiots, Caleb, Stefan, and Aiden – and I must say what a very idiotic act they decided to pull right now – and then my brother, Skylar, who was the one pressing the doorbell with a nasty scowl on his face.

“What do you want?” Hunter spat, clearly not wanting visitors right now.

“Well, did we interrupt you or something? Sorry!” Skylar replied, his voice rather venomous for my liking.

I rolled my eyes and decided that now would be the best time to intervene before anything bad could happen. “Guys! Just come in, alright?! Hunter, let’s go back upstairs and get dressed!”

My boyfriend seemed to be planning another glaring contest with my brother, but soon grunted when he sensed I wasn’t joking. Our four unwanted visitors came in, and then looked at me with raised eyebrows. I shrugged and led the way back to our room. Let them think what they wanted to think. They were most likely right anyway.

Hunter and I took a quick shower, this time for the sole purpose of cleaning our sex-stinking bodies. We were both aware that our unexpected visitors already smelled it, thus saying we really needed a shower. After getting dressed and making sure we’re decent enough, we went downstairs. Hunter was still grumpy while I was the complete opposite. That was the effect of shower to me. It always lightened my mood.

Their voices were coming from the kitchen so we went straight there. They already helped themselves. Skylar was sipping a lemonade, which wasn’t surprising anymore. What surprised me was the fact that Hunter thought of buying such.

Stefan was happy with his tea, which I could smell was a red one. Aiden with a cup of coffee, and Caleb with his can of beer. This was one of the times you would see how different they were compared to one another.

Hunter lazily sat on a chair and instinctively pulled me onto his lap. I glanced up at the clock and saw that it was already about ten in the morning. Maybe that was why they weren’t having breakfast foods. I, on the other hand, was miraculously not hungry. So I stayed silent and let Hunter do all the talking for now.

“What brings the four of you here?” Hunter asked. His angry tone quite lessened, only for a bit though.

Skylar gave him an ‘are you serious’ look. “Weren’t you the lazy ones who made this poor trio get your schedules?” he retorted, motioning a hand towards the three.

“Yeah, I get that. But what about you?” I asked, cutting my grumpy boyfriend off. He will probably say something stupid anyway. “Sorry for that by the way, Caleb, Stefan and Aiden.” I nodded towards the three, who were silently sitting across us, knowing that their Alpha could snap any second.

I rubbed Hunter’s forearms, intending to somewhat calm him. He nuzzled my neck in response, mumbling a, “Sorry.”

Skylar, instead of staying leaning against the refrigerator, hopped and sat on the counter. “Did you honestly think that the school secretary would give your schedules to them?”

I slapped my forehead. “Oh, right. I forgot that.”

“Exactly. Lucky for you, I was there.”

“And being the goody-goody-two-shoes that you are, the secretary gave them to you without second thoughts,” I mused. I could feel Hunter falling asleep on my shoulder so I nudged him, jolting him awake. “It’s that, or you flirted with a married, almost fifty-year old woman.”

Skylar rolled his eyes and went silent, focusing on his lemonade. I eyed the three expectantly. Caleb dug something out of his pocket and soon handed me two papers of our printed class schedules for the year, locker numbers and its key combinations.

“Thank you,” I said.

“No biggie,” Aiden commented.

Stefan leant closer, resting his elbows on the table. “We compared our schedules earlier, and it looks like you and Alpha has the same homeroom, while us three are in a different one. I don't know about Alpha Skylar though.”

Hunter glanced over my shoulder to see our schedules and sure thing, we had the same homeroom, which also meant that we share most of our classes.

“Skylar is a no-sweat genius. He's probably in one of the higher ranked homerooms again,” I said, filling Stefan’s curiosity.

In Sigfried High, we’re not assigned in our homerooms according to what year level we were in, but on how smart we were instead. Half of my classes were AP, which meant that Skylar’s were all AP’s. On the other hand, the three being separated from us didn’t mean that they have lower IQ’s. It could be of the same level, just in a different homeroom for a simple reason that only thirty students should be in the same homeroom.

I looked at their schedules and proved my thinking right.

We spent about an hour just thinking about school stuffs. The Alphas though, went to a separate room to discuss pack matters, about merging thingy from what I slightly heard.

We all agreed to have lunch downtown afterwards, since no one was in the mood to cook. And to not attract too much attention, I disguised myself. Which made me look like a complete girl, thanks to Hunter and Skylar. Yeah, as in with the wig and skirt and all. I really didn’t understand those two. One minute they were on the edge of ripping the other’s head off. Next minute they were suddenly partners in crime.

The only advantage I got in pretending to be a girl – to where they got the stuffs, I didn’t even want to know – was people didn’t recognize me as the Silver Bullet they knew. Some did some double look-overs, contemplating if I looked familiar or what, but I managed to get away from them before realization dawned them. Sadly though, we still gained a lot of attention.

I mean, just imagine a hot girl with FIVE demigods walking down the street as if they own the world. Hmm… at some point, we did.

Our lunch went okay somehow, even with girls’ constant squealing ad boys’ jaws connecting to the ground like they were permanent or something. Skylar bid goodbye once we were done. He said he still had to do a meeting thingy with the student council seeing that it was just about a few days before classes.

If it’s still not obvious to you up until now, my brother was the top student in our school. I didn't know how he did it. I mean, I never saw him study or pull an all-nighter during exams. Still, he had the best grades, without the nerdy look might I add, thus making him the student council president in flying colors. He's a senior this year, the same as Hunter and Caleb. While I, Stefan, and Caleb were juniors.

We went back to my house so I could change back to my own clothes, much to the four’s protests. I couldn’t get how girls could stay wearing high heels for hours. I guess they were not called killer heels for nothing. The same went with skirts. They were cute and fancy alright, but it gave you a problem when you dropped things and you had to bend to get it and… oh boy.

As of now, Hunter and I were in his car on our way to the pack house, with the three idiots following us behind. He said they were about to have a pack meeting and he wanted me to come. I agreed, so I could also properly apologize to them for the lake incident.

Once we got there, cars after cars were parked all over the empty lot across the house, even in front of the house itself. Three spots near the front door were left vacant, and that was where we parked ours, Caleb’s and Aiden’s cars. Stefan was with Aiden, big surprise.

This time, I took in all the details I could over the new pack house. First of all, no other people were seen outside, so I was guessing they were all in. The outside of the house was newly painted in burgundy, with black roofs, doors and windows, trims, and frames. The lawn was well-mowed. Flowers and groomed bushes were framing the sides of the house. Except for the porch were orchids were dangling on the railings and on hanging pots. The house has three storeys, compared to the previous one’s four. But if I could remember correctly, this one has a basement and a warehouse behind, which was about a quarter of the house’s area.

We went inside and was greeted by the strong scents of wolves. The sight proved me right, because I saw that no one was in their human form. The four went into a room, probably so they could shift, and I used this chance to observe the house’s interior… even if I could feel all their stares boring a hole behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

787 55 21
A forest is just a forest like a tree is just a tree and wind is just their to aggravate everything. So when Kelsy, an average girl is walking throug...
1.6K 73 12
M/N who was already happy with his life was unlucky to know his parents were divorcing since his father felt like they weren't working out,however,hi...
334K 8.7K 24
Benjamin is found in the forest while it's raining, cold and weak. A werewolf Alpha comes across him while patrolling the land and immediately knows...
212 60 20
Aurora is a new 18-year-old student in her final year in high school. Her school is located close to the deep wild forest where wild wolves live. Aft...