Rizzoli & Isles: Do-Over

By KarnnaSmith

What if Rizzoli never had a miscarriage? More

Chapter One: Birth Part 1
Chapter Two: Birth Part 2
Chapter Three: Day 1
Chapter Four: Preparing
Chapter Five: Baby Shopping
Chapter Seven: First Day of Kindergarten
Chapter Eight: The Bullet
Chapter Nine: The Zoo
Chapter Ten: Another Day
Chapter Eleven: Guess Who?
Chapter Twelve: Welcome Home
Chapter Thirteen: Like Old Times
Chapter Fourteen: Home
Chapter Fifteen: The Beach
Chapter Sixteen: A Party
Chapter Seventeen: Hangover
Chapter Eighteen: Back to School
Chapter Nineteen: Falling
Chapter Twenty: The Family Picnic
Chapter Twenty-One: Date Night
Chapter Twenty-Two: Sick
Chapter Twenty-Three: Sick Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Four: Sick Part 3
Chapter Twenty-Five: Sick Part 4
Chapter Twenty-Six: Jane's Secret
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Happy Birthday
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Getaway
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Morning After
Chapter Thirty: Morning Sickness
Chapter Thirty-One: The Carnival
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Carnival Part 2
Chapter Thirty-Three: Hands Off
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Proposal
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Return Home
Chapter Thirty-Six: Surprise!
Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Baby?
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Wedding
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Cravings
Chapter Forty: Breakfast
Chapter Forty-One: Gender Reveal
Chapter Forty-Two: Baby Planning
Chapter Forty-Three: Back To Work
Chapter Forty-Four: The Final

Chapter Six: The Night Before

744 14 0
By KarnnaSmith

Jane Rizzoli

Chaos was the best way to describe the Rizzoli-household as it was a busy month ahead. Isa's first day of kindergarten starts Monday morning and although Isa is excited about it, I wasn't happy of the thought of my baby girl going away to school. Making new friends and no longer needing her mommy around. Tears began to swelled up in my eyes from the thought.

Meanwhile at the station, I was questioning a suspect whilst Maura was finishing off the autopsy on our latest victim.

I walked into the autopsy room and leant against the sink, "Please tell me you got something Maura because we are struggling to hang onto this suspect and she's the best one we got."

"Just waiting for a few more results and then I'll have an answer. The state of the body meant that it's been hard for me to be able to pull results quickly but we will get there Jane and we will solve this case."

After work I drove home, heading inside where Ma was sitting on the couch with a sleeping four-year old next to her.

"Hi," I greeted her softly, furrowing my brow when I looked at Isa's head in Ma's lap. "Is everything okay?"

"Hi." Ma smiled, her hand resting on her granddaughter's head. "Everything is fine, she just had a bad dream and wanted her mommy."

"When?" I took off my coat and headed towards the couch, sitting on the edge of the coffee table as I looked at my daughter. I carefully reached out to caress the sleeping girl's cheek.

"Two hours ago... Something like that, she's been sleeping like this for almost an hour," Ma smiled lovingly at Isa before looking up at me. "Busy day?"

I nodded. "Got a little anxious to get back to my girl though."

"It's a start," Ma replied as she carefully lowered Isa's head on the couch to stand up.

"Wouldn't you like something to drink?" I asked, looking away from Isa.

"No thank you, I'm turning in." Ma smiled warmly and stepped forward to kiss my cheek.

"Thanks for tonight, Ma."

"You're very welcome." She zipped up her coat and grabbed her car keys. "Night Janie!"

"Goodnight," I smiled at my mother and stood up from the table to carefully sit next to my sleeping daughter, gently running my fingers through her black curls.

"My pretty girl..." I whispered, barely audible. "I'm sorry you had a bad dream." I pulled my hand back when I felt Isa sighing deeply in her sleep, afraid to wake her up.

Suddenly Isa let out a deep sigh and opened her eyes, "Mommy?"

"Hi, honey." I smiled, brushing a strand of curly hair out of her face.

Isa showed a tired smile and turned on her stomach before her eyes closed again.

"Did you have a bad dream?" I asked softly.

Isa nodded, too sleepy to answer.

"Grandma took good care of you, didn't she?"

"Yes-s,"she yawned and tucked her feet up, curling up on the couch.

I smiled, leaning forward to place a kiss on top of her head.

Isa smiled, content to have her mother back with her.

"Sleep, baby," I whispered quietly. "I'm here. No more bad dreams," I smiled and gently stroked her cheek. "No more bad dreams."

I relaxed against the back of the couch, feeling the exhaustion of a long day washing over me. I shook my head and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, gently taking Isa in my arms and carried her upstairs, putting her in her own bed before falling asleep after only a few seconds.

The next morning, the sound of Isa's voice woke me up a little before seven AM, too early for a free Sunday morning.

"Mommy?" The sleepy voice quietly called out to me again as I looked up to see my little girl standing in the doorway, looking down at her bare feet as she fumbled with the hem of her pajama shirt.

"Good morning, princess," I smiled at her but my smile fell when I noticed how nervous she seemed. "Is something wrong?"

Isa looked at me and hesitated for a moment before shaking her head and turning around.

"Isa," I called her back but she didn't stop and answered before heading back out of the room.

I furrowed my brow and reluctantly crawled out of bed, still waking up from my sleep.

I walked out of the room, traveling further down the hallway to Isa's bedroom door and slowly opened it, peaking my head through the small opening. "Isa?"

There was no reply. I walked into the room and saw that the covers on the bed were kicked away and a large wet spot stained the middle of the mattress. I sighed. "Oh, honey."

I suddenly heard a soft sniffle and turned my head to see Isa sitting in a corner of the room next to her closet. Her small knees were pulled up to her chest as she rested sideways against the wall, thick tears streaming down her face. "Sweetheart!" I kneeled in front of my little girl. "What's wrong?"

Isa's breath hitched in her throat. "I d-don't wanna s-s-say."

"Honey..." I gently tucked Isa's hair behind her ear, my heart breaking at the sight of my little girl so upset. "I won't get mad at you for having an accident. We'll get your sheets cleaned up and we'll take a shower and everything will be just fine."

Isa shook her head.

"It's okay, sweetheart," I whispered, tears burning in her eyes. "I'm not mad." I carefully reached out and wiped the tears from Isa's pale cheeks. "How about we go get you cleaned up and go have breakfast, and then continue the story we started this week?"

Isa finally looked at me but she shook her head.

"No?" I raised my eyebrows. "No story?"

Isa hiccupped as a violent sob made it impossible to speak. I swallowed hard and pulled the little one into my arms, kissing the side of her head as I lifted her off the floor and pulled her ruined pajama shorts off, tossing them away towards the hallway. I pulled Isa's underwear off with it and grabbed a blanket from the bed, putting it around the now shivering girl in my arms.

"Shh, sweetheart," I whispered soothingly. "It's okay." I sat down on the edge of the bed, taking Isa in my lap. "What's wrong, honey?"

Isa shrugged, curling up in my arms.

I nodded and smiled sadly. "You don't know," I whispered quietly. "You don't know what you're feeling but you're feeling so much and none of it makes sense, right?"

Isa turned her head on my chest and looked at me. She nodded.

"Could it have something to do with you starting Kindergarten tomorrow?" I wiped Isa's tears with the back of my hand as I spoke the words Isa couldn't find.

Isa nodded again with a look of intent.

"That's okay, princess. You're allowed to feel a little jumpy, it's perfectly normal," Isa looked away but I gently took the girl's chin in my hand to look into her shimmering brown eyes. "but you're going to do fine. I just know it," I whispered with a smile.

Isa sniffled, snuggling closer against me. She didn't reply, she just cried quietly, her small hands reaching up to wipe the tears that kept on falling.

"You can always talk to me, baby," I added while I combed my fingers through Isa's messy bed-hair. "You don't have to be afraid to tell me what you feel. I love you so much," I whispered as I kissed the side of her head. "So, so much."

"Loves you too, Mommy," Isa replied quietly, her voice hoarse with tears.

"Now how about we get your naked butt in some pants, huh?"

Isa giggled and wiped her wet cheeks. "Okay."

I lifted her up, carrying her on my hip. "Right after we get you showered and cleaned up your bed."

Isa looked up and rested her head on my shoulder. "Sorry, Mommy."

I shook my head. "You don't have to be sorry, sweetheart. It was an accident." I kissed her cheek. "Are you still saying no to a story?" I whispered into Isa's ear, eliciting a sweet giggle.

"No-o!"

"That's what I thought," I chuckled before taking Isa towards the bathroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 191 20
what If Nina got pregnant and didn't tell Ian and Ian shows back in ninas life and finds out Nina secret how will he react will his daughter like him...
392 32 19
What if Elizabeth Richardson shot her father? What if Wendy Hamilton never killed herself? What if Lucie David and Laura Easton never got separated? ...
30.9K 1.3K 16
I woke up with a headache. Memories. Flashing memories. I massaged my forehead trying to ease the pain I feel in my head. "If I was born a hundred t...
6.9K 136 6
What if? What if events before Robert's Rebellion and the end of the Targaryen line occurred differently? What if Lyanna Stark did have some feelings...