Passing Motions

By xFakingaSmilex

Blake and Ava must fight for the life they want, even if that involves risking it all. Series Order: Baby St... More

PASSING MOTIONS
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
OTHER STORIES YOU MIGHT ENJOY

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

4.7K 231 10
By xFakingaSmilex

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Our eyes meet as we reach for the last handful of popcorn. Kyle snatches the bowl and holds it above my head with a grin. As I reach up, he pokes his tongue out and laughs.

"Why are your arms so damn long?" I grumble.

"Good genetics." He winks.

He leaps up and shoves the popcorn into his mouth. A piece drops onto the bed, so I ditch it as his chest and glare.

"I can't believe you right now! I'm the pregnant one." I glare.

Kyle drops onto the bed and I subtly bounce up from it. He places the bowl on the ground and rests his head on his hand.

"You can't complain because you ate the entire bowl."

"I did not!"

He raises an eyebrow and I deepen my glare.

"You can't blame the baby for this."

I wrap my arms around my belly and shake my head. He pokes my leg and I flop into the pillows which sag under my weight. I snuggle into the pillows and sigh with content.

"What do you want to watch next?"

I shrug my shoulders and nuzzle deeper into the cushions.

"Put whatever you want on. I'm not in the mood to watch anything."

"What else do you want to do, except leave the house."

"All I want to do is leave the house." I groan. "Sitting around the house is so boring. There's only so much television you can watch before it drives you insane."

"You're supposed to be resting."

"Yeah, I know." I roll my eyes.

"Have you finished the nursery? Charlotte's told me about it, but I haven't seen it."

"We're almost done with it."

"Let's have a look then."

"Are you sure Blake will be okay with that?" I raise an eyebrow.

Kyle grumbles into the blanket and shakes his head.

"I can't wait for you to give birth."

"You and me both!"

He pulls the blankets away and I force myself upright.

"On the upside, I'm happy I can help Charlotte more with the wedding. It might just be making phone calls, but it's giving me a sense of purpose."

"And that's why I'm okay with listening to you complain so much. Char is less stressed, although, we're really worried about you and the bub."

"Everyone's worry is making me panic even more." I sigh.

"I'm sorry."

"How's Charlotte been, though?"

"Crazy as per usual, but." He chuckles and shakes his head. "There's some perks to it now."

"Crazy, hot sex?" I laugh.

"She can't get enough of me." He smirks.

"Gross, but I'm happy for you."

"I can't wait until we're married. It's lame, but I can't wait to call her my wife. I've never loved someone as much as I love her."

"That's not lame!" I gasp.

"That might be the cutest thing you've ever said!"

"Just wait until our wedding, I've worked out the perfect speech which is another reason I want it to come quicker."

"Char is so lucky to have you!"

We wander out of the bedroom and into the family room. Excitement bubbles in the pit of my stomach as we get closer to the nursery. I open the door and Kyle's eyes light up.

"I know it's pink and girly, but what do you think?"

He circles the room and nods his head.

"It's beautiful, you've done a good job with it."

"Thanks." I beam.

He sits in the rocking chair and taps his fingers against the soft grey material.

"Just think, in a couple of months, you're going to have a baby in here. A little, tiny, human who's going to depend on you for everything. Does that freak you out because I feel freaked out for you."

"I'm a nervous scared, more so excited."

Kyle shudders but tugs on a smile.

"Do you want to order lunch?"

"Sure, what are you in the mood for?"

"You still owe me Nando's." He winks.

"I can't buy anything because Blake has my bank card."

Kyle rolls his eyes and grumbles.

"We're going to be old and I'll still be paying for lunch."

"Probably." I chuckle. "But hey, consider it payment for all the extra help I've been doing for your wedding. I think I've done more than you, and you're the one getting married."

"What about our high school years? Am I going to receive compensation for that?"

"That, Kylie boo, was just a down payment for my help."

"What!" He gasps.

"My time isn't cheap." I flick my brown hair over my shoulder.

Kyle shakes his head while I grin.

* * * * *

I slide clothes into the drawer and push it shut. I toss the empty washing basket onto the bed and sigh. The front door opens and laughter echoes into the house.

"Yes, we can hang the painting on the fridge," Blake mutters.

"I want to show Mummy first."

"She's probably in the bedroom."

The bedroom door squeaks open as she peers around it. A wide smile consumes her face as she races into the room.

"Hey Lo!" I smile.

"Hi," she shouts. "I made a painting."

She holds up a picture which has splotches of pink paint and gold glitter.

"I love it! What else did you do at daycare?"

"I played outside with Ivy, and we read stories about an angry bear."

"Aw, that sounds exciting."

"Lo, put the picture on the fridge before it gets crinkled."

"Okay." She smiles.

London runs out of the room while Blake wanders in. I poke his chest and wrinkle my nose.

"How was your day? Busy because it certainly looks that way?"

"You don't like your man all dirty and sweaty?"

He cups my cheek and I squirm under his touch. Blake grips my waist and tugs me towards him. I wrap my arms around his neck and peck his lips.

"So, how was your day?"

"Tiring, but happy to be home with you and London."

"There's dinner in the slow cooker, so we can eat whenever you want."

"Mm, food." He grins.

"Grab a shower and meet me in the kitchen."

"Okay." He nods.

Blake tugs me towards the bathroom, but I pull my hand away and shake my head.

"I love you, but I can't be bothered showering right now."

Blake pouts as he wanders into the bathroom.

"I love you." However, there's no response.

I wander into the kitchen and there's an array of paper on the floor and magnets in Lo's hand.

"What happened?"

"Ops." She smiles.

I help Lo put the artwork on the fridge, then collect the papers and place them on the bench.

"Should we get you bathed before dinner?"

Lo shakes her head and I shrug my shoulders.

"Hungry?"

"Yes." She nods.

"Wash your hands and we'll set the table."

London bounds towards the bathroom while I collect the plates out of the cupboard. When she returns, I give Lo the cups and she carries them to the table.

When Blake appears, I serve up dinner and we gather around the table. London makes a huge mess, but I love it.

Once the bub arrives, I don't know how many more calm dinners we'll have together like this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1 0 1
While being independent for a lot of years, Accalia Pal suddenly crossed paths with two men, Rafael and Zane that will change her life story.
459 47 22
"๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ง ๐ž๐ฑ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐›๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ข๐ญ ๐š๐ญ...
980K 37.7K 41
Ava thought she had the world figured out until it was turned upside down. She must decide if she wants to be free or re-building the life she had. S...