Undercover

By ms_writer_ac

His face is leveled to mine and I can see tiny droplets of water on his face and lips as he draws closer to... More

Prologue
Clean Up
Another Day Another Misson
No Solo No More
Who Is He?
Girls Day
Residence
Assumptions
Different Minds Think Alike
Winter Formal
Blue Beetle Kisses
Wearhouse Wonders
Sleepless Thoughts
December Spirit
Merry Mishappenings
The Agent Trap
New Years
Clouded Feelings
Lockdown Pt.1
Lockdown Pt. 2
Brother
Recovery
Pineapple Pizza
Lead
Sleepy Feelings
Fake Persona
Secret Spies
Hold It Together
Inside Information
Distance
Birthday Daisies
U-nder Alleyways
N-umb
D-on't Leave
E-mbrace Me
R-eady or Not
C-omplete Me
O-ver the Past
V-iolence And Love.
E-nemies Battle
R-ed Reality
Time
Transformed
Aftermath
Next Steps
Promotion
ForeverMore
Accepted
Undercover
Bonus: Balance

Phases

5.8K 179 22
By ms_writer_ac

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
NATALIE POV

We head into the training room at headquarters and tiredly put our gear back.

"I swear I thought it was her", I say putting my duffel bag back.

"Yeah, but you can't just attack someone without knowing for sure. You're lucky you had the retina contact to zap them. How do you do missions alone?"

What'd he say?

"What?"

"How do you achieve missions if you be this reckless?"

"I wasn't- reckless, I was doing my job Lucas."

"Wasn't the smartest way to do it" he
murmurs.

I stop what I'm doing and look at him.

Who does he think he is?

I may have not been successful but I'm not reckless.

He doesn't look up at me until a few good seconds goes by. He looks down then up at me again and sighs.

"Don't get offended I'm just being honest. It would have been better to go a different route."

"What route is that?"

"To catch enough data to make sure she was the one, or just listen in and see what she was really giving out."

"We still completed it didn't we? What's done is done", I said softly grabbing my things and leaving. He shouldn't have said that.

"Natalie don't-"

I don't acknowledge his words and brush past him to the door.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
10:50pm

I angrily push the pillows out of my bed to head to sleep. What Lucas said bothered me for the rest of the day.

I know what I'm doing.

Im not good working with partners and this was why.

I don't need other people's input in my life.

He's called me 3 times and I've ignored. But he called me again.

"What do you want Lucas?", I sigh in annoyance.

"You could be a little nicer than that."

"Lucas I sw-"

"I'm sorry."

I pause for a second.

"What?"

"I'm sorry I insulted your way of working. I was just annoyed that we spent so much time on something that didn't plan out. It wasn't nice and I'm sorry."

I take a few seconds.

"It's fine, just don't insult me again."

"Never", he says assuringly.

There was a period of silence between us.

"Okay, bye."

"Goodnight Natalie."

I put my phone on my bed and let his words sink in.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
3:00 am

I shift in my head restlessly.

"Natalie"
......

"Natalie"

"Natalie No!"

Sweat beads down my forehead and back and my heart rate grows erratically.

"Don't do it Natalie!"

"LEAVE ME ALONE"

"I SAID NO!-"

"Natalie, baby wake up."

"Natalie!"

I open my eyes and get up in an instant to feel Grace's slender arms around me.

"Baby, it ok your alright. It was a nightmare."

I'm still heaving for breath when she gives me some water."

"Go take some rest okay? You don't need to be up just yet."

I nod and lie down. I feel my shirt soaked so I pick another oversized tee  and crawl back into bed, head in my hands.

I've been getting glimpses of this nightmare for a while know. I have a feeling it's because my parents disappears but that was 9 years ago.

Why now?

I groan and head into my sheets.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The next day
English Class

The nightmare got me sluggish and quiet. I was barely paying attention in English. I look to see Lucas' beautiful grey eyes pouring into mine.

I look back at him and give him no expression. He keeps our gaze,  never faltering until he sees me close my eyes sleepily. His brows furrow together.

What does he want?

I drop my gaze and look at my papers until dismissal.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
4:30pm

Group meeting 5:30pm.

I look away from my homework after seeing the text, finishing it up and getting into uniform. I have a ton of black in my closet. I take out black jeans, my black signature studded jacket and my combat boots.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
BlackLight
5:25pm

I head to headquarters. The exterior of the building looks like a worn and gated building but the more you go in the more modern it gets.

The building has rooms like pool tables, an actual pool, to a high tech gym, and wrestling ring. It's crazy modern and a perfect place for all spies to train.

I head into the main room and see it's empty. The main room is called "The Core", as it's located in the middle of the building.

Soon people file in and Boss makes his surprising announcement. I move near the front and Lucas stands a few feet diagonal of me, covered by people but still visible. He looks at me and runs his eyes down my outfit before he tears his eyes away.

Boss walks in.

"Lets get straight to the point people of Blacklight. A man broke in to Blacklight last night looking for something. He was trying to steal something. We don't know what, but he failed when one of our men saw him. We have not caught him but this is a serious allegation against our people and we need to be cautious. This man has not been identified and I am sure will come back with more security."

I look at Lucas and he meets my gaze, thinking the same thing.

Blacklight has the most secure security in the world.
If someone was able to break in, it's a serious problem for us.
No outsider can do that.

People start dispersing having their own conversation on what Boss announced. I was about to talk to Boss when Lucas cuts my way.

"This makes no sense to me", he huffs.

"It doesn't to me either. Whoever did this must really want something we have."

"What's Boss gonna do?"

"I don't know", I say truly dumbfounded.

I look up at Lucas and see his eyes intensely on mine. He's done this many times today.

"What's wrong?", he asks with concern.

"Nothing."

"You're not acting yourself."

"How do you know how myself is? You've only known about me for like two weeks. Already  saying I'm reckless", I snap at him and leave.

He grabs my arms and forces me to face him.

"I said I'm sorry Natalie, you can't be mad at me for this. It was a mistake", his voice goes so deep out of seriousness and his eyes still hold the intense gaze.

I sigh, exhausting with everything today. Without saying anything I softly leave his grasp and head home.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 528 31
A story where people happen upon a friendship that can flourish into a budding romance if only.... ...
845K 14.5K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...
218K 7.3K 50
Draft • unedited. • • • "And I do love it when a man is at the pointy end of my dagger." I push the blade in more, a sliver of skin parting as red...
3.1K 414 33
the person you think of when you stand in front of the ocean. that's the person you are in love with. ************** Crystal nights. Crystal tea...