Hidden Under the Moon [Stiles...

By KarenAKAMint

Book 1 - Seasons 1 and 2 of Teen Wolf All right of Teen wolf belongs to Jeff Davis, but anything revolving ar... More

Season One
Prologue
Body Hunting
The New Girl
The Truth is Out
All for You
Official
Hostage
Werewolf Oven
Hangout
First Date
Mother's Boyfriend
Magic Bullet
Movie Crashers
Man of my Dreams
Mountain Lion
Argent History
It's Her
Blood
Night School Pt. 1
Night School Pt. 2
The Nightmare
Brat Under the Moon
The Beta
The Necklace
My Father
Awful Nightmare
First Fight
Dresses
Bloody Formal
Season Two
Beacon
Stalked by Hunters
Werewolf Ex
Immune
Connection
Scout
The Reptilian
Kanima
Testing Patients
Jackson
Not Gay
The Barnett History
The Lela Name
Future
Restraining Order
Restrained
Arguments & Theories
Life and Death
Connecting the Dots
Be the Spark
Pictures
I'll Show You Fun
Drink of Nightmares
Proof
Fury
Independence Day
Let's Play a Game
Master Plan
Epilogue
Book Two! Soon....
Book 2 is out!
10K Special!

Insane

268 3 0
By KarenAKAMint

Chapter 36

I said goodbye to Lydia as I dropped her off at the office, and began to head out to look for the boys. After the day Stiles and I had the night before, I needed to make sure he was okay. When I did find them, I gave the two a confused look to what Stiles was saying to Scott so intensely. Scott was smiling like an idiot as Stiles spoke, which only made me question things.

"I'm so sorry about the other day," Stiles began, "I'm trying. We will get through this. Um, I know, because I love you. I love you more than-"

"What did I just walk into?" I asked as I caused the two to jump.

"Oh, thank god!" Stiles exclaimed, "I thought I was going to need to finish the message!"

"What?" I asked, looking at Scott next.

"Stiles is my messenger with Allison," Scott explained.

Stiles got up and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I giggled and kissed him back. Scott rolled his eyes at us.

Once Stiles was satisfied he turned to Scott and announced, "You and Allison have to find a better way to communicate."

"Come on," Scott shot up from the stairs he was sitting on, "You are the only one we can trust."

"Wow, thanks," I scoffed, very much offended, "It's like I am her friend or something."

"Stiles, is she coming to the game tonight?" Scott ignored my comment.

"Yes!" Stiles exclaimed, "Okay, message complete. Now, tell me about your boss?"

Scott got closer to us as he spoke in a low whisper, "He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of records of all the things that they have hunted."

"You mean a bestiary?" both Stiles and I answered.

Mine was more a confirmation when Stiles' was more of a question.

"What?" Scott and Stiles looked over to me.

"A bestiary," I answered once more.

Before I can explain the concept of the object, Scott laughed, "I think you mean beastiality."

Stiles and I looked at our best friend in a serious face as Stiles clarified for him, "Nope, pretty sure we mean bestiary."

"It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures," I explained.

"How am I the only one who doesn't know anything about this?" Scott exclaimed, frustrated at his lack of supernatural knowledge.

"Because, you are like my best friend," Stiles began, "You and my girlfriend are creatures of the night, you guys are like a priority of mine."

"My mom just got one delivered to her from a distant relative of mine," I announced, causing the boys to look at me like I had sprouted a second head, "Long story short, my mom is looking into whatever attacked the mechanic last night, on top of what is happening to me. She's even gotten help from Deaton."

"What?" Stiles asked, offended I didn't tell him sooner, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I just found out last night," I answered, "I kind of went to bed after my talk with her. Then there was my wake up call with Lydia. I didn't have time to tell you, babe."

"Great!" Scott exclaimed, "We just have to go to your place and go through the book!"

"What if the one my mom got doesn't have the creature that we are looking for?" I asked, "Not all hunters have encountered all of the same creatures. Every place has a different style of each being. We will still need to get the Argent bestiary to compare."

"Does that mean I still have to be the messenger?" Stiles asked, not happy with the idea.

"I'll help," I smiled at him as the bell rang, "Let's first get to class."

---

Between classes and during our free periods, Stiles and I ran around the school, hand in hand, delivering messages between Scott and Allison. We weren't able to get them in time before the bell rang, but once our free period came, Stiles and I set our focus on our task. That's how we found ourselves rushing over to Allison out in the courtyard.

"Do you know if your grandfather has a bestiary in his procession?" I asked her as Stiles was a bit out of breath.

Allison gave us an amused look as she began to ask, "I think you mean-"

"No," Stiles cut her off, "We mean a beast-iary."

"The two of you," I pinched the arch of my nose, "I don't want to know what's going on in your heads."

"Okay..." Allison looked at Stiles, "Um, can you describe this thing?"

"Well it can be a book," I offered, "Unless he transferred it into a digital format."

"Juls, this man is ancient, I doubt he knows how to use a computer, so it's probably like a book: Old, worn," Stiles explained.

I crossed my arm in a huff.

"Like," Allison adjusted herself in her seat to face us fully, "Bound in leather?"

"Yes!" Stiles exclaimed, excited with the discovery.

"Yeah," Allison nodded, "I've seen my grandfather with a book like that."

"Where?" I asked.

Allison took a moment to think about it and gasped.

Stiles and I rushed over to Scott after we had already ran in a circle trying to track him down. Once we did, Stiles leaned again the lockers as he tried to catch his breath. So, once again, I delivered the message.

"She says it has to be in his office," I told him.

Once Stiles got enough air he looked over to me and asked, "How are you not out of breath? I've seen Scott out of breath before."

"Track," was my simple answer as I looked at Scott.

"Can she get the book for us?" Scott asked.

Stiles huffed ready to run off again when he took my hand, but I stopped him. I leaned him back on the lockers as I gave him a kiss along with the simple order for him to stay with Scott. Once he nodded, I rushed off to look for Allison, which I was grateful she had stayed in the same place. I took a seat beside her and pulled out a textbook from my bag and took out my phone as well. She looked at me confused, but I just offered her a smile.

"Make it seem like I just got back from my locker to study with you," I told her as I waited for Stiles to answer his phone, "No more running. I have Allison with me."

"You know, drug dealers have been using disposable cellphones for years," Stiles scoffed, "This makes me feel like a drug dealer."

"Not the time for your cute rants, Stiles," I laughed, "Is Scott listening? Don't put it on the speaker, can't trust who can be listening in on us."

"That's smart," Allison announced with a smile.

Scott's voice came into our end as he asked, "Can you get the book?"

Allison shook her head, "Not without his keys."

"Can you get a hold of them?" I asked her.

"I can try," she offered, not very confident, "I'll just have to get him to the game to make it work."

"Great," Scott and I said before I continued for him, "We got ourselves a plan. Let's just hope Gerard is clueless about it."

---

After school, I drove Lydia home, with the plan to just hang out before we headed out to the game but she declined. So here I was with Stiles in his jeep as just talked about what had been happening with Deaton's visit, the signals I have been getting from both him and Lydia and my mother's family. We were holding hands as we talked. More and more people were parking their cars for the game but we stayed a bit as we just looked at each other. It wasn't until Scott called Stiles to hurry up.

"I'll see you on the field," I smiled as I gave him a kiss.

"Wait!" Stiles exclaimed as he reached to the back to get his bag and pulled out a jacket from the inside, "Would you do me the honor of wearing my hoodie?"

I looked at the hoodie that held his number and name on it. I beamed in pure happiness as I took it from him. He was smiling like a mad man along with me as I pulled the warm article of clothing on top of my own clothes. It was much larger than my own frame, but that added to the appeal.

"I hope you know this means you aren't getting this back," I laughed.

"As long as you wear it," he laughed, "I wouldn't mind it."

"Come on, you have a game to get to," I grinned at him.

Stiles gave me a final kiss before we split up. He rushed over to the locker as I rushed to the field to wait for the boys to get to the game. I noticed Mellisa and Noah on the bleachers as I waved at them. My mother would have come as well, but she was taking her day off to continue her research with the Bestiary.

I was sitting on the bench where the team sits as they ran over to the field. Coach didn't question my presence as he coached the team on the game plan. I noticed a snap of a camera, which caused me to look over to the source to find Matt talking to Melisa. When he noticed me looking, he smiled over to me. I waved with a smile but I noticed his smile falter when he saw what I was wearing. I didn't get to question it as Stiles sat beside me.

Stiles and I sat beside each other, holding hands, as we watched the team get injured out on the field. It was just a disaster with the large player on the other team, but the ref was not questioning. The one that was was Coach.

"Come on!" Coach exclaimed as soon as another player in our team went down, "Is that even a teenager? I want to see a birth certificate!"

Stiles was focused on the game as I offered Coach a reassuring smile.

He sits beside me as he leaned his head toward Stiles and I, "Who or what is hat genetic experiment gone wrong?"

"His name is Adam Amowoitz, Coach," I answered.

Stiles nodded, never turning to look at his Coach, "They call him the abomination."

"Oh, that's cute," Coach scoff.

"Tell me about it, Coach," I huffed, "How many more players you got?"

"Good players, three," Coach answered, "The other three we don't mention."

"Maybe you should put them in so you can get rid of them," I joked.

Stiles looked at me as if I said something wrong, but Coach was grinning at the idea.

"That's my I like you, Barnett!" Coach laughed, "Greenberg! Get out there!"

I laughed as I watched him walk away. Stiles nudged me on my side as he motioned toward where Allison was seated. When I looked over to her, I noticed wearing her grandfather's coat. The plan was in motion. I pulled out my phone to look at the time. There was just over half an hour to the end of the game. I looked back to the bleachers and noticed that Lydia wasn't on the stands anymore. I began to call her but she was not answering.

Stiles got up from the bench and began to go over to Allison. He did it as smooth as he can before he motioned for me to follow. When I got up, I noticed Gerard looking at me. I walked over to Allison, with a plan in mind to get through the older argent without questioning anything.

"Did you notice Lydia come to the game?" I asked Allison when I stopped beside her.She shook her head, "No, why?"

"She told me she was going to come," I told her, "I'm going to see if I see her around the parking lot."

"I'll go with you," she offered.

"No, it's okay," I smiled looking over to Gerard, "I wouldn't want to take you away from your grandfather. Besides, Lydia has been having a rough time. I think I'm the only one that can get her to talk. I'll call you when I find her."

"Okay," she smiled weakly, "Text me later."

With that, I ran off toward where Stiles was waiting for me. He took my hand as we ran off toward the School. We were about to get through the last row of cars when I heard the familiar sound of sobbing. I stopped, causing Stiles to be pulled back. It didn't take long to notice the familiar white Toyota.

"We don't have a lot of time," Stiles told me when he noticed it was Lydia.

"I know," I groaned, "You, go. I need to talk to Lydia. I'll catch up with you once she's okay."

Stiles paused as he looked between Lydia and me. After thinking about it, he nodded. Giving me a kiss on my forehead, he ran off to the school. I took a moment to collect myself as I approached the car. Knocking on the passenger side window, I noticed her jump a bit.

"Lyds," I called out, "Open the car."

"Go away," she sobbed.

"Not happening," I told her, "What's wrong?"

"I don't need to be seen like this," Lydia huffed.

I couldn't help roll my eyes, "Please, I've seen you at your worse. Crying is your second best moment."

"What's the first?" she asked, looking over to me.

I smiled, "When you laugh and smile. You know when you don't hide behind your stupid act. Besides, you look gorgeous when you cry, everyone would swoon at your feet."

"Really?" Lydia finally looked up at me.

I gave her a smile, "Have I ever lied to you?"

I heard the lock of the car activate, signaling me that she had just unlocked the car for me. With a smile still on my lips, I slipped into the car and pulled her into a hug. We stayed like that for a bit until she had finally stopped crying. Once she was okay, I pulled away from her and gave her a look over.

"What's going on, babe?" I asked.

"I don't know," she sighed, "I actually don't. I think I am seeing things, hearing things, sensing things that aren't even there... I think I'm going insane."

"Trust me," I told her with a sigh, "Whatever is happening to you won't even faze me. So what have you been seeing?"

"This guy keeps coming up," she told me, "He's tall with dark hair, blue eyes. He oddly looks like you, but I'm sure you guys are not related."

"Did he looked like the guy in the picture that we walked up to that day?" I asked.

She nodded, "But that picture was from years ago, so I doubt the kid can be the same person or the son of the guy in the picture."

"How often do you see him?"

"Whenever I am alone or with you..." she recalled, "Well that was only once, but mainly when I am alone."

"Have you felt anything else about what's been happening?" I told her.

She looked at her slowly healing hands as she nodded, new tears forming in her eyes, "I keep hearing this voice. I keep thinking about phrases that I would never use, but I keep saying them. I... I'm crazy."

"No," I took her hand, "You are not."

"Then give me a reasonable reason for what is happening to me?" she huffed.

I was about to answer her when I began to hear cheers. Everyone was starting to walk toward the parking lot. I guess I stayed longer than half an hour. I looked over to Lydia and made sure to have her look into my eyes.

"Lydia," I began, "There is so much you don't know, but I have answers. You just have to promise me you will wait for me to tell you. I am going to figure out what is happening, but for now, I have to go look for Stiles."

"Don't make me wait too long," she glared at me.

"I wouldn't dream about it," I smiled.

---

The dark halls of the school gave me the chills as I recalled the last time I walked threw them. Really, running threw them. I stopped before the office door to find that the keys were still in the keyhole but there was no Stiles insight. Worried, I took the keys and quickly locked the door as if nothing happened.

I closed my eyes for a moment as I tried to focus on Stiles' scent. It didn't take long to lock on it but I let out a growl when I noticed the fresh scent of Erica and Derek. Picking up my pace, I rushed over to the source of the scent, only to find myself at the pool. Walking calmly into the indoor pool, I caught the end of their current conversation.

"Alright," Stiles spoke up, "The thing was slick-looking."

There was a pause before he continued, "Okay, um... Skin's dark. Kind of patterned. I think I actually saw Scales. Is that enough?"

I finally entered the room as my heels announced my presence from the clicks.

"It has slitted yellow eyes and a lot of teeth," I put my three cents in.

That's when I heard the hiss. I knew that Derek and Erica noticed as well because the looked up to the source. I took a hold of Stiles' arm as I looked up away well. There was the creature, hanging from the ceiling. My eye went huge.

"Oh, don't forget the tail!" Stiles announced happily to recall that, "It's got a tail."

"Stiles..." I whispered as I motioned for him to look up.

"Run!" Derek growled as the creature let out a hiss.

I pulled Stiles along with me as I heard Erica grunt. I glanced back to notice Derek trying to fight it.

"Call Scott!" I ordered as I rushed over to Derek in order to help him.

Stiles called out to me, but I had rushed over to Derek. With a growl, I pushed the creature away from Derek, only to get the clear substance cover my hands. I tried to wipe it away from me but that distracted me long enough for it to nick the back of my neck. I turned over to the other two only to see Derek holding the back of his neck as well.

I felt like something ran through my body as I felt my knees give out from under me. I couldn't stop myself from falling due to not feeling my arms anymore. The impact on the tile, re berated through my skull, knowing I had hit it really hard, I was to numb to actually feel it. What cause me to worry was when I heard the sound of splashing. I was stuck on the tiled floor as I looked over to the pool to notice the two heads bobbing on the surface.

"Juliette!" Stiles called out, "Say something!"

"I'm okay..." I answered as best as I could, "I just can't feel my body from the neck down..."

"Did you get to Scott?" Derek asked.

Stiles stayed quiet. Derek and I knew right away that he hadn't. Now it was left to hope that Scott would come to us as soon as he can. What got my attention was the fact that the creature was just walking around and looking over to Derek and Stiles in the pool. Erica was unconscious, but it never paid attention to her or me.

What is it doing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 30.9K 22
[COMPLETED] ❝It was my fault for caring. I've made a habit of never doing that again.❞ All teenagers dealt with first-world problems that seemed a...
248K 5.2K 55
Caitlin Stilinski hasn't exactly had a normal life. She's a Stilinski, her father is the Sheriff and her brother is a funny smart mouth sibling. Alth...
7.5K 289 8
"πΆπ‘Žπ‘™π‘™ 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑙𝑙 π‘…π‘’π‘ β„Ž 𝑂𝑒𝑑 𝐴𝑙𝑙 𝑂𝑒𝑑 𝑂𝑓 π΅π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘‘β„Ž π‘π‘œπ‘€" ΰΌ„ΰΌ„ΰΌ„ "οΏ½...
11.3K 100 29
This story is about family, friendship, trust, loyalty, how far you will go to protect the people you care about and that family isn't always blood a...