Close As Strangers ▹ Cake

By letricious

"I tried calling you. Are you going to pick up your phone?" "How am I supposed to get over you if I answer yo... More

one text message
two text messages
three text messages
four text messages
five text messages
seven text messages
eight text messages
nine text messages
ten text messages
eleven text message
twelve text messages
thirteen text messages
fourteen text messages
fifteen text messages
sixteen text messages
seventeen text messages
eighteen text messages
nineteen text messages
twenty text messages
p. one: monophobia
p. two: unsteady
p. three: kiss me
The End.

six text messages

3.6K 218 14
By letricious

[ Home To Mam by Justin Bieber & Cody Simpson just 'cause ]

▲▼▲ 

SIX TEXT MESSAGES

ASH: He's coming home soon, Cal, dw.

CAL: No he's not Ashton. He's touring like two countries, two continents.

ASH: you're supposed to be happy for him.

CAL: Why does no one think I'm happy for him? Of course I'm happy for him! But it hurts to not be able to see his face. It hurts when I see photos of fans meeting him, getting to touch him.

ASH: Yeah but they don't get to touch him as much as you do or the way you do. 

ASH: He'll be home before you know it, Cal. Let him live his dream.

ASH: Cal?

▲▼▲ 

LUKE: Ash says you haven't replied to his text. Why not?

CAL: Didn't really know how to reply.

LUKE: Okay, well, how are you babe?

CAL: I'm alright, you?

LUKE: I'm good. :) You at school?

CAL: Luke it's 9pm here.

LUKE: Right! I forget the timezones. 

CAL: Yeah.

LUKE: Hey are you okay?

CAL: Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just tired.

LUKE: Maybe you should get some sleep then, babe. 

CAL: Sure, text you later xx 

LUKE: Love youu. <3

▲▼▲ 

ASH: You're being a dick, Calum.

CAL: Leave me alone.

ASH: Not until you admit how much of a dick you're being.

CAL: I won't because I don't think I am.

ASH: Luke is practically having a heart attack over you! Call him, reply to his text, skype him. 

ASH: Do SOMETHING!

CAL: And say what, Ashton? "Hey, babe, missing you. Can you come home please?" He won't. I'm not doing well without him. I'm not used to this. And I just need time to adjust.

ASH: He's given you time. He's been gone for two and a half months and you still haven't adjusted? He's coming home, Calum. It's not like he isn't! He'll come back to you, so stop being a sook and dick and fucking text him. Fake it, for all I care. I don't enjoy one of my best friends being upset over my other best friend.

CAL: So you want me to fake happiness so that you don't have to worry about him worrying over me?

ASH: Yesss pls.

CAL: You know what? Fuck you. You don't seem very upset about me hurting or anything, so fuck you.

CAL: I'm not fucking texting him until I want.

CAL: And another thing... fuck you.

▲▼▲ 

CAL: Hey babe, sorry I haven't replied. Been quite busy with friends and shit.

LUKE: Popular kid, eh? ;)

CAL: Basically.

LUKE: How have you been lately? Haven't texted in two days. That's a long time tbh.

CAL: I've been good. :)

LUKE: You're lying.

CAL: How'd you know?

LUKE: Well Ash told me how you've just been on your computer or watching TV for the past two days so he doesn't know why you haven't replied to me. 

CAL: So why did you play along with the popular kid thing?

LUKE: Thought you'd feel guilty and tell the truth but you just said 'basically'. 

CAL: That doesn't mean I haven't been good. ;)

LUKE: Cal, you and I both know you've been anything but good.

LUKE: Tell me about it. 

CAL: There's nothing to tell. You're gone and I'm lonely.

LUKE: Calum I'm coming home. I promise I'm coming home. Hold on for me.

CAL: I'm trying.

▲▼▲ 

        Maaate,

        I don't know what to say about Calum and Luke still. The amount of songs I have listened to and I've thought, 'wow, this relates to my cake fan fic' is ridiculous. Yeah, I listen to a lot of sad songs bruh. 

        #425 in Short Story now. Keep it going, loves. You're all amazing.  

        Love Leticia x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 884 36
"luke, when we get out of here, will you still love me?" "only if we get out alive." "but i'll still love you in heaven, or hell- consider both." DI...
195K 7.4K 41
❗disclaimer: this was my first ever Cake fanfic. I do not recommend reading it - my other fics are way better❗️ "No matter what happens, no matter wh...
104K 5.4K 20
"Go talk to him." "W-What? No." "Dude, you're a prince; you can swoon anybody." || fem!luke
4.2K 252 30
luke meets the new neighbor and doesn't know that his life will never be the same after. [ trigger warning ] 2015!luke current!calum