š’‚š’•š’•š’“š’‚š’„š’•š’Šš’š’ | jori āœ“...

By wheeinight

āš’š­ššš² š°š¢š­š” š¦šž šŸšØš«šžšÆšžš«, š©š„šžššš¬šž.āž ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ in which they are different yet th... More

š€š“š“š‘š€š‚š“šˆšŽš
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
epilogue
revamping the story!!!

11

5.2K 134 106
By wheeinight

revamped! 23/11/2020

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Jade is the first to wake up, eyelids slowly fluttering open to the still complete darkness of the room. She rubs her eyes tiredly𑁋which feel like gigantic weights settled on her face𑁋releasing a tired and quiet yawn as she leans over to the side towards Tori's bedside table to check the time on her pearphone.

The time read 5:30 AM.

Groaning, Jade slips out from under the sheets, carefully moving slowly to not wake up Tori. And once she was fully out of bed, Jade grabs the sheets and spreads it on top of Tori, washing the girl over more with the warmness of the blanket which looked to be slipping down. Jade notices a small smile forming on Tori's face as the girl continued to sleep soundlessly, chest heaving up and down at a regular pace. It occurred to Jade that Tori didn't wake her up at all as she had offered to be woken up just in case she would get nightmares. However, that didn't seem to happen, and Jade didn't know herself whether or not that was a good thing: if Tori didn't want to wake her up, or that she didn't have nightmares. Although, Jade hoped that the brunette had a peaceful and relaxing slumber to which contradictingly to herself, Jade's slumbers are always filled with lucid thoughts.

How can someone be so adorable when they sleep? Jade asks herself in her head, tilting her head to get a better view of Tori, however realising her actions as a frown formed back on her face.

Jade's head quickly fill with things she can't describe physically and mentally. She closes her eyes slowly, hoping her father won't end up murdering her because of this, knowing that she's been gone from her own house. But it somehow depletes, as her father would probably be better off himself with wasting his sanity away with booze.

She hates her dad. He doesn't love anyone else𑁋doesn't know how to express the fact that he needs help despite Jade always trying to tell him that there's something deeply wrong and how his actions can reflect poorly on him, even though it's always been like that ever since she was younger. Every single time she would try to tell him he needed help, he would throw her away like a piece of rubbish. Jade's overall view of her father is to him, she's just a shadow to leave behind𑁋a useless entity.

He doesn't accept her.

Jade's eyes quickly fill with tears to the thought of her father, wiping them off with the sleeve of a sweater that belonged to Tori which was comfortingly soft. She hugs herself self-consciously with the thick sleeves of the sweater, feeling a little bit happier as her eyes released the last bit of tears.

She walks over to the door of the bedroom, opening it slowly and quietly to the best she can, leaving Tori to sleep more before shutting the door closed as she headed across the hallway to the bathroom.

She stops in front of the mirror, her eyes red from her brief breakdown. She runs a hand through her strands before pulling it back behind her shoulders, lips forming a thin line as she could feel the hotness pool back onto her eyelids as if another wave of salty tears would come back to flow down her face once again.

Turning on the faucet, Jade splashes some lukewarm water on her bare face to wake her up from her unprofound thoughts. Tori and her have to attend school today𑁋which she dreads𑁋and the play that the both of them are starring it was being showcased in a span of at least two days. Jade didn't know whether not to be happy or disappointed by it.

She would rather feel happy, but it seemed absolutely impossible to reach. But how could someone achieve full happiness anyways?

Jade steps out of the bathroom, rubbing her eyes again before starting downstairs, sneaking a glance towards the picture that hung on the wall of Tori's 11th birthday. She takes in a long breath of the photo before turning back to head down the stairs, noticing that the entire house was still quiet and dark. The television only showcased a black screen with a bit of Jade's reflection on it, making the girl slightly smile from the events that happened last night with Tori getting scared out of her mind from the movie Jade had put on, and the fact that she... technically held hands with her.

The unfamiliar feelings came back after that thought and Jade shakes it off quickly as it left her veins and her body, trying to distract herself from thinking.

What the hell is going on?

Unfortunately nothing was prepared for breakfast, so Jade absentmindedly grabs an apple from the fruit basket that was on the island of the kitchen, beginning to feast on it quietly but her loud biting bounced off the walls of the house, causing her to cringe each time would take a bite into it.

"Who's there?!" A loud voice roars, making Jade stop in her place, frozen in the middle of the kitchen. It takes a few silent moments for her to figure out the voice before rolling her eyes quite obviously after knowing immediately who it is and who it belongs to.

Trina.

"Are you a burglar?" Trina calls out again and Jade didn't bother answering𑁋continuing to bite into her apple as she waited again for Trina to pop out.

The lights downstairs suddenly turn on, momentarily blinding the dark-haired girl as her eyes quickly adjusts to it, an annoyed groan leaving her mouth. Trina finally pops out from upstairs as Jade watches in amusment to the older Vega sister reluctantly slipping down the stairs, nearly tumbling in the meantime, making Jade release a quiet chuckle.

"Calm down, Trina, it's just me," she mutters out so the girl can hear clearly, hopefully.

Trina picks her head up, eyes squinting to the sight as a frown draws upon her face. She makes her way towards the kitchen where Jade stood with her half-eaten apple. "And why are you here?"

Jade shrugs, "Perhaps Tori never told you? She allowed me to stay here for the weekend."

A fist forms on Trina's hands. "I swear if you hurt my little sister in any way I will𑁋"

"Chill out. I didn't hurt Tori," Jade comes to her own immediate defense, crossing both of her arms together. "We just watched a movie last night, a horror movie to be exact. Don't blame if she suddenly gets murdered from it."

"What?! Tori hates horror movies!" Trina snaps out loudly but quickly quiets her voice after realising how loud she was.

"Though I know you won't believe me, but Tori was the one who offered, so how could I say no to that?"

"Ugh, whatever!" Trina shrugs helplessly. "But if I find out that you hurt Tori in any way, you better watch your back because I know how you are and I know how you treat those around you."

"You know how I am?" Jade asks with an eyebrow raised. She fakely brightens to the older girl's words. "Wow! That is so surprising. Trina Vega, the Queen of Everything is actually aware of other people other than herself! That is truly the best thing that has happened today so far."

Trina crosses her arms, pouting, "Of course I am aware of other people because I protect the people that I truly care about!"

"Oh, wow!" Jade just snarles sarcastically.

"And I love Tori, she is my baby sister, of course! And people like you don't deserve her, because I know at some point people like you snap and hurt those around you, and you can't control it." Trina hisses back. The words cause some hurt to pierce through Jade as if her heart was shot through with an arrow. She felt helpless for a second, losing her words in her own throat.

"You don't know me." Jade snaps quietly, growling to herself as her body filled with anger towards the older Vega.

Before she could get herself to continue, a soft and quiet, "Hello?" rings across the room which silences both Jade and Trina, forcing both of them to turn towards the stairs in which the shadow of Tori on the wall grows larger. "Jade? Trina? Are you guys awake...?"

After a couple of moments, Tori appears out from upstairs, her chocolate hair a mess. However the moment she sees Jade, their eyes click and blink at the same time, causing a blush to creep into Jade's cheeks and a smile to appear on Tori's face.

"Tori." Jade and Trina say simultaneously when they both spot Tori walking down the stairs carefully, gripping the railing tightly on her way down. Tori stretches her limbs out in all directions to relieve her tiredness before arriving downstairs and skimming a lazy arm over the piano.

Trina runs up to her immediately, almost colliding with her, "Hey, lil sis."

The prominent feeling of jealously quickly fills into Jade as she throws away her apple in the rubbish bin in the kitchen, lips curving back into a straight line as she watches the interactions between both of the Vega sisters.

Tori just rubs her eyes tiredly, yawning once again, "Trina, I just woke up and you know how I am when I wake up."

Trina hesitates for a second before backing away. "Right, sorry."

Tori has always been extremely cranky in the mornings. Can't blame her though, who wouldn't be cranky at waking up almost everyday early to go to school and be stuck there for 8 hours straight? The crankiness, though, had never been this neutral𑁋as normally Tori could feel herself having the urge to just argue with every single person she comes across, but she doesn't to her own surprise.

"Good morning, Tori," Jade says towards the brunette who was immediately flushed with an alarming set of emotions. Tori cowers her head low, trying to hide the excited smile that unknowingly appeared on her face.

"Hey." she greets back and fixed her hair from the fluffy mess that it was earlier. Trina just remains standing at the side, seemingly noticing their odd interactions, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"Ugh, I gotta get ready for school. Tori, she is not coming with us inside the car to school, you got it?" Trina demands, glancing down at the time on her pearphone.

Tori snorts in contentment. "Andre's picking us up. He just called me a few minutes ago."

Jade's eyes perk up as she turns towards Trina with a victorious smirk on her face. The older Vega let out a sigh of forfeit, wanting to protest further before giving up and heading back up the stairs in a hurry, with her loud footsteps slowly getting quieter and quieter.

Tori stops in her place, suddenly remembering the unusual occurrence that she had with her mother yesterday.

"Trina, have you seen Mom lately?" Tori asks loudly as she placed a piece of bread in the toaster.

"No, I haven't! Why?!" Trina hollers from the top of the stairs, footsteps returning to its loud pace.

Tori frowns, narrowing her eyes towards the ground as her thoughtful scenarios floated around her. "Nevermind!"

More suspicions surround Tori's head about her mother, and only continued to grow day by the day as she thought more about her mother's absences. But, she has been trying to convince herself that her mother would never... cheat on her father, right? She would never betray their family... right? It just leads to a spiral of confusion to Tori, feeling like her own damn family was slowly being pulled apart and that she was just stuck in the middle𑁋not knowing what to feel or what to do.

Some tears slowly swell up in Tori's eyes𑁋the thought of her mother betraying their whole entire family painted a scar on her heart.

Jade just stares at the brunette in silence, observing her features carefully to decipher her emotions𑁋it seemed like all the colours just washed off of Tori's face when she had mentioned her mom. Her brown eyes looked almost dark in the light and Jade wanted to know what was going on, but she knew it was none of her business, so she keeps quiet.

But the quietness didn't last long as her curiosity grew.

While preparing some coffee, she asks, "What's happening with your mom?"

Tori sighs, dreading her weakened state, "I don't know at this point. She's been acting weird lately; she's never acted like this."

Jade steps closer towards the brunette and Tori's body shivers from her presence behind her.

Tori then turns around and faces her, eyes a brighter yet filled with some confusion and worry. Why would Jade be ever worried about her?

The brunette switches her body around once again as she takes the pieces of toast out of the toaster, taking a knife out to spread some strawberry cream cheese on top. She starts to wonder𑁋mainly about Jade𑁋in regards to the girl's younger years, as Jade had never told or barely mentioned any stories about her family.

"You know, you have never mentioned your mother to me ever. How is your relationship with her?"

The expression completely fades off of Jade's face as she grabs a mug from one of the kitchen cabinets, holding it under the coffee machine with a tight grip.

"She... uh, divorced my dad a few years back," Jade slowly explains, feeling herself on the verge of crying again. God, she hated crying in front of people. She hated crying in general, though it's the only humane thing that she can do. The guilt slithers up Tori's spine, feeling the regret of asking the personal question𑁋she knew she shouldn't have. "I-I used to talk to her about everything and she actually took care of me like a normal parent. My dad... did something and that's why she left," She looks up to face Tori, gazing into her chocolate eyes. "I really miss her you know."

"I'm so sorry, Jade," Tori comforts the raven-haired girl by placing her hand on her shoulder and rubbing it soothingly. "You must have felt really... empty."

"Yeah," Jade mutters under her breath, wiping away a couple of tears as she glances down at Tori's hand on her shoulder. "I really did."

Tori felt shock at having rarely seen such a vulnerable side of Jade. Slowly but surely, of course. The girl was crying, for God's sake. And all those times with Jade the girl was either mad at her, wanted to literally kill her, or insulting her to the point where Tori had viewed herself differently really just washed away like ocean waves.

But now she felt something else.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The girls had gotten ready for school, finding themselves lost in the closet of Tori. It took around ten minutes for Jade to successfully find an outfit to wear that was appealing to her and only her only after searching through Tori's closet that was full of bright colours that Jade personally hated𑁋she felt blinded from the amount of bright clothing that the brunette owned.

She manages to find a black sleeveless top and plain black leggings that matches her own style personally, and she paired it with her red combat boots as well.

Tori grabs a purple top, along with a beige leather jacket and some blue ripped jeans. She pairs it with some cute feather earrings, an owl necklace, and few bracelets𑁋a traditional outfit for Tori.

"Thanks for making my closet a mess." Tori says sarcastically as the both of them trailed down the stairs.

Jade rolls her eyes playfully, jumping on the couch to wait patiently for Andre's arrival to pick them up.

After some time, Tori's phone vibrates in her back pocket. She reaches back and takes it out, grinning to the name that appeared on the phone screen.

"It's Andre," Tori says. "I bet he's outside waiting for us."

She taps Accept on the call, holding it up to her ear as she hears the sound of a car engine and music being played on the other side of the line.

Andre's voice then appears, "Hey, amiga. I'm outside now."

"Be right there in a few minutes," Tori replies back, ending the call. She turns back to Jade with bright eyes and a cheeky smile, cheekbones protruding outwardly. "Come on, let's go."

Jade stands up from the couch as Tori opens the door, grabbing her bag that sat next to the fireplace before heading outside. Jade follows closely behind in her footsteps, however stopping midway and turning around, realising the door was still open. Jade trails back towards the house, reacing over to grab the door handle before feeling Tori on top of her with her arms stretched out towards the door handle as well.

"I got it." Jade mutters, trying to close the door but Tori was in the way.

"No, let me get it," Tori says but Jade was in her way of pulling the door close. "It's my house."

"I got it!"

"No, I got it!"

Both girls had a brief verbal and physical argument over who was going to close the door first, before Tori just sighs, stomping away from the door grumpily, causing Jade to smirk proudly to herself as she closes the door shut before marching away victoriously.

Tori approaches the car that sat at the edge of the driveway, climbing into the frpmt passenger seat next to Andre, who only looks past her to noticed the familiar raven-haired girl making her way towards the car.

"Is that Jade?" Andre asks, puzzled.

"Yup." Tori replies while putting on her seatbelt.

"Why is she here with you?" Andre asked, still following Jade with his eyes.

Tori blinks before responding, also turning around to follow Jade with her eyes, "She didn't have a ride home on Friday so she stayed the whole weekend."

"The whole weekend?" Andre says with widened eyes, gazing at the brunette with a bewildered expression.

"W-We're friends," Tori says lowly, slightly hesitant on her confusing feelings. "It's just... complicated."

Andre just continues to stare at the brunette with wide eyes, telling her to spill everything that had happened between her and Jade's time at her house.

Tori catches his stare, frowning, "Oh, come on! We didn't even do anything over the weekend. I had my own stuff to deal with and she had hers as well."

Before Andre could say anything, Jade suddenly opens the back passenger door and climbs inside, grinning at both Andre and Tori with amused faces at their seemingly upset expressions. "Hey girls, what are we chatting about𑁋oh my, God!"

A loud scream deafens the teenagers in the car for a moment and with all faces turning around to see an old, plump woman in the backseat of the car holding a bowl of oatmeal in her hands with extremely wide and paranoid eyes, and with Jade practically sinking herself with shock into the seat.

"Grandma, it's just my friends." Andre slumps in his seat, trying to soothe the woman with a calm voice.

"I DON'T KNOW THEM!" the woman screeches loudly, causing the teenagers to plug their ears.

"Grandma, calm down! They aren't going to hurt you!" Andre hollers back, though the loudness of voice certainly did not match those of his grandmother.

The woman scoots away from Jade, leaving a space in between them. Jade scowls at the woman who only stares back at her with wide eyes.

"THIS ONE IS GOING TO HURT ME, ANDRE!" the woman screeches again, louder this time, shifting against the edges of the car with the bowl of oatmeal clutched securely in her arms.

"Grandma! That's only Jade! No one is going to hurt you!" Andre just yells back as he pulls out of Tori's driveway and onto the road, groaning lowly.

"I mean, I could." Jade mutters very quietly, but Tori was still able to hear.

"Jade." Tori demands and Jade glances back at her in the rear-view mirror, giving the brunette a teasing smirk and slight lift of a brow that caused Tori to shift back forwards to avoid the beating of her heart becoming any faster. The slightest actions that Jade would do towards her constantly makes her feel as if she could just slip away and melt into a puddle𑁋not that she minded, considering that it's Jade and the odd attraction she had towards her𑁋but she didn't know how long she could handle it for before going... absolutely crazy.

This is going to be an interesting ride.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The bell overheard rings loudly as everyone bursts out of their classrooms, seemingly all desperate to get to their own classes. It was almost the end of the day but Tori still had her rehearsal to do for the play with Jade, Andre, and Beck. She sighs as she walks her way towards her locker, beginning to punch in the combination.

"Toriiiii!" a high-pitched voice hollers and before Tori knew it, Cat runs up to her and wraps her arms around her, practically dragging her away from putting in the final number to our locker. And for a moment, Tori thought that Cat would be able to lift her up in the air.

Tori hugs the girl back, "Cat, oh my goodness, you scared me!"

Cat laughs loudly, smile brighter than the sun.

After a few moments, finally, Robbie appears behind her awkwardly, trailing his way towards the two girls before Cat turns around, wrapping Robbie around with a tight hug as well, and for a moment, squeezing the life out of the boy. "Robbbieeeee!"

"Hey, Cat!" Robbie exclaims as Cat cheers loudly in his grasp.

"Wow, you two seem to be having fun." Tori smiles towards her two friends, opening her locker to place a couple of her school supplies in.

"Yeah. Well, not too much fun," Rex adds in, making Robbie slap him lightly on the arm and for Cat to blush embarassingly. "Haha, you're weak!"

Andre and Beck follow from behind, with as Jade arriving from behind as well with a soda from the vending machine in her hands. Jade's eyes catches sight of Tori immediately, a smile slowly grazing upon her face that the rest of the group didn't seem to see. She quickens her pace slightly before placing herself close enough next to Tori, clicking open her soda loudly and taking a few long sips on it.

The group starts towards Sikowitz's class with ease, with Cat and Robbie trailing behind and the rest of them in the front. Tori could hear them chuckling behind her as Cat's loud laugh rang in front and behind them. Jade held her position next to her with Andre and Beck on the other side, seemingly not finding anything strange between them at all besides the abrupt dilemma with Andre before school. Both of their shoulders brushed against each other on their way to Sikowitz's class.

"Y'all better not forget about the rehearsal after school." Andre reminds with a serious tone, making Tori give him a scornful look.

"Yeah, and please don't screw this up. Who knows what Sikowitz might do if you guys don't impress him tonight." Beck adds in.

"We know." Tori and Jade say simultaneously, both making eye contact briefly before looking away from each other and proceeding on the way to class.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Alright, class!" Sikowitz clasps his hands together, sitting down on one of the steps of his tiny stage to get a good look of everyone's faces. "Let's do a brief exercise before you all are dismissed!"

He scans the classroom for a moment to pick who would go on stage.

"Jade and Cat, on the stage, please!" Sikowitz demanded. "Oh, and Tori as well!"

The three girls all exchange a quick glance between one another before standing up from their seats and hopping onto the stage.

"Tori and Jade will play husband and wife." Sikowitz states with confidence.

Tori looks towards Jade who looks at her back. "I'll be the wife𑁋"

"Yeah, no kidding." Jade snaps back.

Sikowitz grabs a pink bonnet from somewhere, wrapping it around Cat's head.

"And here's your brand new synthetically red-headed baby!" Sikowitz introduces as he rotates Cat's chair to face everyone in the classroom.

"Wait, before we start, I was just wondering, I have three questions𑁋" Cat starts but quickly was cut off by Sikowitz placing a pacifier from God knows where into her mouth, making Cat frown from the sudden action, shutting her up immediately.

Sikowitz stands on one of the steps in front of them. "Alright, now. Your dialogue should all be friendly and happy, but your subtext is anger! So you must say your happy lines angrily. Ready? Action!"

Tori faces Jade with an expression of anger to the best of her ability. Jade's arms were crossed with a signature pout on her face𑁋her increase amount of her practising in her acting class showing remarkably. "Hey! I am so honking happy that we got married, and then had this cute little baby!" Tori pointed towards Cat who was sucking at the pacifier, glancing around the room curiously.

"Ditto to that," Jade replies with a surprsingly deep and sultry voice that Tori found surprising. "I'll tell you there's nothing on this planet that warm my cockles more than looking at this magical pile of baby right there!" She points towards Cat who was just sitting in the seat, sucking on the pacifier in her mouth.

Tori chuckles quietly from the odd choice of vocabulary, feeling a sudden confidence boost in her system that makes her face with Jade who had an incredibly serious yet somewhat terrifying expression on her face that seemed to fit with her character of a father.

Cat takes the pacifier out of her mouth and exclaims, "Goo!"

"Aww, did you hear that that goo?!" Tori asks angrily, stepping back.

Claps echo across the classroom as everyone applauds for their unusual performance. And to everyone's oblivous attention, suddenly, the bell rings with all of the shruggers quickly racing each other out of the classroom, knocking door a couple of chairs that make Sikowitz practically scream in their direction however not bothering to scold them back.

Tori bends down to help Cat with untying the bonnet off her head and tossing it off before stepping the stage to grab her bag as the rest of the group were nearly at the door, all seemingly ready to just leave.

"Tori, Jade, stay for a moment, please." Sikowitz says, watching as the remaining students leave the classroom before approaching both of the girls.

Jade releases a miniscule annoyed groaning, walking over to stand next to Tori and both of them turned around to face Sikowitz, who had a serious look on his face.

"Rehearsal, after school, today," Sikowitz reminds them for the hundredth time. "And you both better not dilly-dally during the rehearsal. I hope to see some improvements between you both tonight!"

Both of the girls nod in response.

"You got it." Tori says.

"Yeah, totally." Jade just rolls her eyes with her arms crossed.

"Excellent." Sikowitz narrows his eyes, clasping his hands together.

Tori and Jade turn to face each other for a brief moment, both smiling towards one another as they leave the classroom together.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

wow there were a lot of mistakes in this chapter before i revamped it lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

473K 10.2K 30
Jade blackmails Tori into fake dating her so that she can make Beck jealous after their break up. However, things don't go entirely to plan and Tori...
74.3K 1.7K 23
All it took was one play for Tori and Jade to come to terms with how they were dealing with their "hatred" for each other.
10.6K 331 25
Two lives drastically affected by fate. Two people who don't realize, how much each needs the other. But as fate can be kind as well as cruel, which...
51.1K 2K 28
Everyone lost something the day she died, but Jade West lost so much more. She treated her like dirt for most of the time she knew her only to find o...