The True Alpha // jjk

By kooprnt

𝑭𝒐𝒓 π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 π’π’–π’„π’Œ, π’•π’˜π’ 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔 π’Žπ’†π’†π’•. β€§Ν™βΊΛš*ο½₯ΰΌ“β˜Ύ He was sure of his words... More

01: The Tale
02: Fate
03: Rendezvous
04: True Alpha
05: Sunrise
06: Spit it out
07: Take a Stand
09: Home?
10: Warmth
11: Settling In
12: Settling in pt2
13: Meet the family
14: Get to know
15: A Promise
16: The Big Day
17: Bonfire Thoughts
18: Mark (18+)
19: A Chance
20: Side Effects
21: Restoration
22: The lineage and the past
23: Changes
24: Clashing
25: The first strike
26: Partings
27: What now?
28: Lies after lies
29: A new view
30: What comes first
31: An apparent luck
32: Under Your Nose
33: Sugarcoating
34: Jimin's grudge
35: The road that lies ahead
36: Fear
37: Blood
38: Dreams
39: Thunder and Rain
40: Closer to the truth
41: Boldness
42: Under the moonlight (+18)
43: Growing
44: Stargazing
45: The past that shaped us
46: The wheels are in motion
47: Butchery
48: Underneath
49: Nightmares
50: A cycle ends, another begins
Second book OUT NOW+ thank you

08: Choice

6.1K 263 51
By kooprnt

A/N: rewritten

Hani didn't know for how long they all stood like that... in complete shock and silence. It took three words, three simple words to shake everyone in that room to the core. Three words to make the world stop spinning, the air stop flowing, even, their hearts stop beating – stuck in the Alpha's aura. Even time had submitted itself to him, ceasing from running and instead, froze, admiring the wolf whose world rested on the palm of his hands. Hani was realizing, for the first time, that she wasn't mated to an ordinary wolf. Jungkook wasn't and could never be an ordinary Alpha. He was so much more, so much bigger and powerful than what anyone imagined. Hani had many things to learn and understand about him. After all, she didn't know him for that long. Her shock, therefore, didn't came as a surprise to her. It didn't mean that she didn't trust him or that she was going to stop now that she had seen him like that. It was a different side of him, one that was foreign to her and intimidated her. All that Hani had seen was his soft messy looks, how simple of a guy he was, how gentle and loving. Yet, at that moment, the simple soft guy stood as the Alpha, the one everyone talked about. The one people spread stories about, as if he was a myth or a legend; something unexplainable and indescribable. It was impossible to not feel your legs quiver under such power, to not feel your breath getting caught in your throat in the presence of the electricity in his voice. Slowly, as if a curtain was being ripped from her eyes, Hani was starting to understand how special Jungkook was. That not everything in the tale was an exaggeration or a lie. Some things were true, like the power that flood the room with just his presence.

"You litt-"

Hani's father was ready to march towards Jungkook again, but his body stopped once he saw Jungkook ignoring him and turning around to face her. The angry glare in his eyes washed away, being replaced by one of confusion. When Jungkook's eyes met Hani's, they were no longer blood red and vibrant. They were soft, cozy and warm, lullabying the girl into a comforting calm and reassurance. Even his voice, once powerful enough to stop the universe, was soft, sweet and tender.

"Are you sure you want to leave?"

Hani didn't want to leave on those terms. She didn't want to leave because she had no other choice. Hani wished the choice was based on either she wanted or not to go with Jungkook. She wished this choice, wasn't a decision being forced out of her. As she gazed at her father once more, over Jungkook's shoulders, Hani was reminded of how strongly her father was against her happiness. Hani felt like she had no other option but to leave. If she wanted to be happy and be in charge of her own life, she had to go. There was uncertainty in her choices, reluctance in her decision. Hani, truly, wanted to be with Jungkook, but she couldn't help but wonder if it was the right decision or not. Everything was moving so fast with them and everything was so new to her. Moving into Jungkook's pack was a sudden decision that scared Hani. She'd come into his pack as a Luna, a Luna to the True Alpha. Surely, a lot of responsibility rested on that title. Was she up for it? Could she rise up to the challenge? Still, Hani's mind delighted her with scenarios impossible to resist. Waking up next to him every morning, watch his eyelashes flutter open gently. To be able to twirl his messy hair in her fingers and listen to him tell her about his dreams. It sounded deliciously good, sweet, heaven on earth. All Hani had to do was say "yes" right now, to him.

Hani took a deep breath, a long and trembling one. Her hands grabbed his and their eyes locked. Jungkook's eyes twinkled gently, lovingly, as if begging the girl to go with him. Hani was succumbing to him, to her selfish inner desires. The hesitance and doubt vanished from her mind, for those brief lingering seconds she was dwelling in Jungkook's eyes. Hani knew what her decision was – what the right decision was for her. She chose happiness, her happiness; no matter how selfish and childish that made her look in front of her father. The words her mother used to tell her, clouded her mind, reassuring her nervous heart. That there are times in which we must move on. We must grow wings and leave. Find another place to grow, to build our nest. That leaving is never a permanent action, something always remains with us – the memories and people of that place.

"Let's go"

Hani's voice was soft, tender. Her and Jungkook shared a smile with one another. None of them spared one more look at her father, Lily or Alec. Hani led her mate upstairs, her feet determinately marched on the oak floor. She expected her father to complain, to run after her, to put up a fight, force her to stay. But there was just an unsettling silence in the cabin as Hani and Jungkook reached her room. Jungkook closed the door quietly, silently observing Hani as she packed her bags with the things she needed.

"Are you not taking this?"

Hani was scanning around the room, memorizing every corner, framing every moment she had spent there. Her head turned around to face Jungkook when she heard him talk. He was sitting in her bed, pointing at a picture in her bedside table. It was a picture of her with her mother and brother. It was the day they had spent on the daisy field, the one Hani had told him about. Smiling softly, Hani walked towards the picture and picked it up. The girl was mesmerized by the picture, as if it was the first time, she was seeing it. Gently, her fingers traced her mother's figure. She was so happy on that day, so happy...

"I hope I'm not forcing you into anything, Hani"

Hani was taken back by the sad tone in the Alpha's voice. She placed the picture carefully in her bag and, instead, focused her attention on her mate, sitting next to her. Jungkook was worried, although Hani couldn't understand why. She wrapped her arms around him, resting her face in the crook of his neck.

"You're not forcing me into anything Jungkook, I swear. I'm doing this because I want to. If I stay here, I won't be happy, I won't have the life I want... I won't have you" Hani's lips brushed against the Alpha's neck, smoothing his worries. "The moment you walked into my life Jungkook... my happiness became you. It doesn't matter the place as long as I'm with you. I won't be truly happy if you're not around. I know you want me to go too, so can we? Before things escalate even more?"

Jungkook laughed softly as he got up, bringing Hani along with him. Immediately, he grabbed her bags and carried them towards the door. Hani was wandering around the room, taking one last look at the place she cherished so much. Leaving was bittersweet, especially like this. She was sure that she was going to miss her cabin, the pack, everyone and everything. It would take her some time to adjust to the new life she was being propelled to. Certainly, with time, she'd be happy there like she had been in that room. Jungkook was silently observing the girl, leaning against the door. When he saw her walking towards them, he gently put down the bags and, in a swift and quick move, he pulled her towards him. A playful and mischievous smile painted his lips, causing the girl's heart to slightly shake in her chest. A soft kiss was left on her lips, triggering the bubbling of ticking butterflies in her belly. They both smiled as their lips lingered on one another. Excitement was, now, the dominant emotion in the girl's heart. Excitement for the life he, soon, would be showing her.

Not wanting to waste any more time, neither wanting to risk starting another conflict; Hani and Jungkook quickly went downstairs, eager to leave. Lily and Alec were at the door, anxiously waiting for Hani. Before she could process what was happening, Lily jumped towards her, engulfing her in a tight hug.

"C'mon I'm not leaving forever"

Hani said between giggles. Lily rolled her eyes at her and gave her forehead a quick kiss. Her eyes fell on Jungkook who, throughout this moment of affection, was standing rather awkwardly behind his mate. At first her eyes were sharp and rough, analyzing the Alpha up and down; then, she smiled softly at him, probably realizing he wasn't a threat.

"You better not be leaving forever. This baby still needs an aunt"

"We are going to miss you." Alec joined the embrace and tenderly brushed her hair with his fingers – the way he used to do, when they were kids. "I hope you won't regret this decision. I'll support you always, you know that right? If you are happy, I'm happy. You can always count on me Hani, for whatever."

"Don't worry, I won't regret this" Hani nodded her head, disentangling herself from the hug. "I'll come check up on you guys and the baby as much as I can. I'm going to miss you so much..."

"You guys can visit us whenever you want to, as well" The group turned around to face the Alpha, shocked at his words. Hani threw him a playful glowing smile, especially because of how red his cheeks were getting. "I mean... if you guys want to, of course. It's not like I'm going to force you or anything. I just... I just thought you guys would like to come over to see how she's doing, maybe take a look around. When you do come, though, please let me know first. We have a very tight security thingy going on and they might confuse you for someone else and we, surely, don't want any problems or an-"

"We will visit when we can, right love?"

Alec interrupted Jungkook, saving him from his own shyness and embarrassment. Lily nodded her head at Alec, smiling as she wrapped her arms around him. Jungkook sighed in relief and reached out for Hani's hands, holding them tightly in his. Hani felt her heart grow in her chest at the small interaction. A little sunny day seemed to rise inside her chest, making her believe that there was still hope for that future she longed for. One where everyone got along and just enjoyed each other's company, without conflicts or disagreements. They shared a few goodbyes with one another, promising to visit as soon as they could. Hani and Jungkook were already outside the cabin, despite Alec's efforts to try and give Jungkook the "big brother" talk. Hani rolled her eyes at her brother, smiling and joking around with him while a confused Jungkook stood in between them. Everything was well, yet, an angry shout broke the happy atmosphere, making everyone freeze in their place.

"Wait, Hani!" Hani's father was screaming as he hurriedly walked towards the door, wanting to prevent her from leaving. "You can't just leave!"

"Dad, I c-"

"No!" Her father was standing in front of them, his hands shaking aggressively with anger. "What do you think your mother would say about this? Do you think she'd approve of such a decision?!"

Hani's heart was stabbed, bleeding into her chest, upon hearing her father bring her mother into the conversation. The girl's head ran in circles, filled with doubts and question. Truly, what would her mother think about this? About Jungkook?

"My mother... my mother" Hani was fumbling with the words, looking for a way to express what she was feeling. "My mother would be proud of my decision"

Her father's eyes widened in disbelief. Not only at her words, but also at the way a sharp determination had taken over Hani's eyes. Her heart beat furiously in her chest. She held onto the affirmation she had spoken with all her might, trusting that, if her mother was alive; she'd want Hani to be happy, no matter where her happiness resided in or in who. The Alpha, reading the tense atmosphere, took a step forward; placing himself between Hani and her father.

"My mother would be proud of me. For I am fighting for my happiness, for what I think it's right for me. Even if that means leaving you behind, dad."

"You ungrateful girl!"

Her father spit the words at Hani, slightly launching his body forward, as if he was going to try and grab her. The girl took a step backwards, shock painted her face. Both Alec and Hani were bewildered with their father's attitude, they had never seen him act like that; for those reasons, they both didn't know what to do. Luckily, Jungkook was around to stand up to Hani's father and put the man in his place.

"That's enough!" Jungkook raised his voice, shutting up the angry older male. "Me and your daughter are leaving. If you want to speak to her, you have my pack's information. But I swear if you ever show up to my pack to try and steal her away..." The tone in Jungkook's voice became threatening, his eyes already swirling with a hint of the red blood color, everyone feared and succumbed under. "If I see you laying one finger on her... I won't hold myself back. For your safety and for your daughter's happiness, I suggest you let us leave in peace"

Those were the last words they shared with one another. Jungkook's menacing threat left no room for complaints, for sly glances or more defiance. Quickly, he grabbed Hani's hand and her luggage, and guided them towards his car. Hani's mind was so foggy and confused, she didn't even notice the looks people gave her, as she left her pack. Truly, she became only conscious of what was happening, when Jungkook opened the car door for her, telling her to get in. Jungkook rapidly drove off, not even once looking back to see if Hani's father was running after them. Hani did the same. Perhaps it was cold of her to do so, but it was the only way of protecting her heart. She was fearful that, if she looked back and saw her father begging her to stay, she would have changed her mind and she didn't want to. The decision had been made, there was no turning back. Still, the questions hanged above her head, the fears glued themselves to her body; when all the girl wanted to concentrate on, was the amazing and positive things that were in store for her, at this new place.

"Don't worry about your father" Jungkook's soft tone broke Hani's chain of thoughts. Carefully, he placed his hand on her thigh. His thumb was drawing slow circles, comforting the confused girl. "He'll come around. Just give him time to sort out his ideas. Let him think over his decisions. I'm sure he'll understand and will realize your happiness should always be his priority"

A smile blossomed on the girl's face, her eyes turning into stars, filled with sparkle and magic. Hani left a quick and small kiss on the Alpha's cheeks, causing him to steal a glance at her. He smiled back and watched, through the corner of his eyes, Hani getting comfortable in her seat. Her heart, finally, was resting in her chest, lullabied by the Alpha's words. Jungkook always knew what to say to make her feel safe, secure of the life the universe had built for her – even the trials it had reserved for her. Mates, a perfect pair. There are so many words to describe one feeling, that one special bond two people cherish. From early on, Hani had realized words do not matter when they are built as labels. Labels come and go, shift and change. Feelings stay. If the feelings remain, despite the labels, the context and the change – then you should keep it. You should cherish the feeling, nurture it – for as long as you can.

Sitting silently in the car, Hani thanked the moon goddess, deities, whoever had placed Jungkook in her life. In that moment, there was no what ifs or questions, or doubts and fears. Only Jungkook and Hani existed, with the song on the radio acting as their background. Both excitedly and happily travelling down the road together that, ultimately, would lead them to Jungkook's pack. Hani believed everything would always be fine, as long as Jungkook was around. With that thought in mind, the girl lovingly embraced the new path the universe was building under her feet. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 3.7K 36
He was leaving his own home where he found so much love and care Everyone was crying; they were exhausted from trying to stop jungkook. he wasn't...
1.7M 96.4K 165
[COMPLETED] [JIKOOK] [SOPE] [NAMJIN] [omegaverse] "I hate you so much." Jimin spat as he stared at the taller alpha that could easily rip out his thr...
35.5K 2.1K 54
"I hate him. He hates me. It's been this way all our lives. Why should this change suddenly?" --- "Let's make a deal" Γ— Γ— Jimin and Jeongguk absolute...
506K 26.7K 71
When fate decides to connect two souls,who's totally difference in characteristics and life style... Kim Seokjin, who grew up in a middle class but s...