Within His Protection (Tokyo...

By AshidaTsukimiya

A girl named Seijo Yukari was born with an outstanding ability to regenerate and is very advantageous to Ghou... More

*Note*
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
*Note*
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111: END
*Note* (Altered Worlds)

Chapter 32

3.5K 169 23
By AshidaTsukimiya

Chapter 32

(Kirishima Touka)

I saw Irimi-san bringing Yukari back to Kaneki's room. I thought they were gonna put her back to her room.

"Bye, take care of her. Also, rest for a while, okay?" Irimi-san said as she shut the door close.

Then, she noticed me and smiled.

"What's up, Touka-chan?" She asked.

"I thought Yukari'll be back in her own room." I said.

"Oh. Haha, Kaneki seems to want to look after her. Honestly, I can sense something fishy!~" She said with a giggle.

"You sound calm even after seeing Yukari in that state.. We don't know if she'll wake up or not.." I said, a little sad for Yukari's condition.

"Don't take that too seriously." She said as she patted my back.

She smiled at me gently.

"I too am worried for her but, I'm quite sure that Yukari will live. With Kaneki by her side, I'm sure she will open her eyes again. And I'm also sure that Yukari that it's also in Yukari's will to see Kaneki again." She said with a smile.

"You're too optimistic, Irimi-san." I said with a chuckle.

"Well, life's short so, we have to enjoy it to the fullest." She stated as she started walking away while humming.

Maybe I'm overthinking things? Oh, it's about time I take Yukari's medicine to her. I went to Yoshimura-san and he gave me the medicine. At least, she needs as much as she needs.

I went to Kaneki's room. I quietly opened it and saw him gently stroking Yukari's hair while staring at her with gentle but, melancholic eyes. I can sense his anxiety..

I knocked two times as I entered.
"Kaneki, I brought her medicine." I said.

He turned to me with sad eyes. He made a sigh.

"Thanks, Touka-chan.." He said as he faintly smiled.

I went to him and patted his back to comfort him.

"We can't expect Yukari to open her eyes in an instant, you know? It might take a week or two." I said.

"I know.. But, it's almost impossible to think that she'll come back. Almost like 0.0001% chance." He said as he looked back at Yukari.

"But, there's still a chance. In times like this, all you can do is believe. She's not gonna die that easily. Who knows she might wake up tomorrow." I said.

"Okay.." He stated sadly.

"Don't give up. Hang in there, okay?" I slightly slapped his back as I left his room.

(Kaneki Ken)

As Touka-chan left, I gently stroked Yukari's hair. I'm starting to regret being cold to you and doing everything that could hurt you..

I'm sorry..

The medicine Touka-chan left.. I need to give it to Yukari.. I'll do everything I can to make you stay..

(Kirishima Touka)

I felt the sun's rays hitting my faces enabling my to wake up. Ugh.. curse that sunshine. I want to sleep a bit more..

As I tried to stand up, my wounds stung a bit.

"Tsk." I exclaimed in irritation.

I'm covered in bandages. I need to get to school, won't they think I'm weird? Oh, that's right, I have to visit Yukari and give her some medicine.

I took the medicine from Yoshimura-san and went straight to Kaneki's room. I quietly opened the door and I saw Kaneki soundly sleeping. His head is over his arms which are on the bed.

He must've been tired from yesterday's battle and from looking after Yukari all night long. I gently placed the medicine on the small table that's near the bed. I took a paper and scribbled a note for him.

---Message---

Here's Yukari's medicine. And don't overwork yourself, idiot.

Touka

---End---

I gently sticked it to his head so, he'll be surprised when he wakes up. Haha..! I went back to my room and took a shower to prepare myself to school.

(Kaneki Ken)

"Ah!"

A girl's voice echoed in my ear. I suppose she was shocked or in state of excitement. I slowly opened my eyes. Damn, I fell asleep.. I need to look after Yukari..!

I rubbed my eyes. Then, I was a little surprised to see Hinami-chan beside me, looking shocked at Yukari.

"Hinami.. chan..?" I asked as I looked at her.

"Onii-chan! Good morning! Come closer, quick!" She said excitedly.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Hurry! Hurry!" She said.

She was leaning near at Yukari's chest. It looks embarrassing but, I also leaned.

*Ba-Thump!* *Ba-Thump!*

Wait.. Is that her heart..?

"That's..." I exclaimed in shock.

"Yeah! Can you hear that? Yukari-onee chan's heart is beating stronger!" She said with a big smile.

My lips twitched and I can't seem to control it. They're stretching as I felt delighted at that news.

"Oh! Onii-chan! You're smiling!" Hinami-chan said with a cheerful smile.

Then, she giggled. Huh? What's wrong with her?

"What's so funny?" I asked with curiosity.

"Smiling like that with a paper on your head makes you look weird." She said as she giggled.

I noticed a paper on my head and blushed a little from embarrassment. Damn! Who did this?

I took it off and I noticed that there's a message written on it.

---Message---

Here's Yukari's medicine. And don't overwork yourself, idiot.

Touka

---End---

Sheesh.. Touka-chan you didn't have to stick it on my hair.

"But, isn't it a relief, onii-chan? Yukari-onee chan's gotten better." She said with a smile.

"Yup. I'm glad she's getting better on it.." I said.

Then, I saw the medicine. It would be bad if Hinami-chan would see the way I give Yukari the medicine.

"Well, run along now. I have to give Yukari her medicine." I said as I took the glass.

"Eh? But, I wanted to stay more so, you could teach me more kanji." She said with a pout.

"I will if I'm not busy." I said.

"Can't you just do it while I'm here. I'm currently reading more books and I can't read the others." She said.

Remembering my method made my cheeks hot. So, I looked away scratching my cheek.

"Sorry, Hinami-chan but, you're not allowed to see it.." I said as I scratched my cheek with one finger.

"Eh? Why?" She asked with a pout.

I gently pushed her back to the exit.

"It's a secret." I said with a smile.

"Eh? I don't get it. But, if Onii-chan doesn't want to tell me then, it's fine. I'll be back later." She said as walked away.

"Sorry and thanks, Hinami-chan." I said.

When she was already out, I sighed in relief. Well, isn't that good, Yukari? You're becoming better.. Now, time for you take up your medicine.

I poured the liquid into my mouth and attached my lips into hers. I can't wait to see back to life again.

End of Chapter 32

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 166 13
"Then why do I feel butterflies in my stomach everytime you look into my eyes? Why can't I look away from those possessing eyes everytime our glances...
209K 6.4K 24
(Y/n) hates being a ghoul, and Uta wants her back to the ghoul she used to be. Can he help her go back to what she once was?
1.5K 45 27
You had been held as a test subject since birth, never knowing happiness or a better life you finally escape in hopes of finding that. However you s...