The Guy Next Door

By tshanks

CAUTION MATURE CONTENT: 18 years or older advised Travis kissed his way down her stomach and pulled both or h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
CONTEST
chapter 31
RECOGNITION
chapter 32 (epilogue)
Thank you all
Next book

Chapter 10

289K 7.2K 1.8K
By tshanks

Travis took a quick shower and got ready to head back to her place. Just as he left, his cell rang. He answered it as he walked into her apartment and quietly closed the door.

"Colt." He said into the phone. He walked into her room as he listened to the voice on the other end. He saw that she was sleeping peacefully and smiled before he left the room. " Whoa slow down. What did you just say?" He waited as she repeated herself. "I'm on my way. I'll be there in fifteen minutes." He quickly scrawled a note to Ness and left.

Fifteen minutes later he arrived at the hospital and ran straight to her. She turned around with tears in her eyes and threw herself into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her tiny body and pulled her close to him.

"I'm so sorry Travis. I just turned my back for a second and I...."

Shh. It's alright Denise. It's not your fault. It was an accident. How is he?" He asked trying to mask the fear he felt at the moment.

"I don't know yet they just took him in to get some x-rays. I don't know how bad he is yet. I'm just so scared. I can't lose him Travis he's all I have." She sobbed into his chest as he held on tighter. He kissed the top of her head and tried to reassure her.

"That's not true." He said as he lifted her chin to look at her face. "You have me as well. I moved here for you both and I am always here for you. Whatever you need all you have to do is ask and it's yours."

She sniffled and smiled a little. "You are to nice to me Travis. I don't know what I'd do without you." She stood up on her toes and placed a light kiss on his lips. When she heard a throat clear she turned to see the doctor standing there. "How is he?" she rushed out.

"He is just fine. Well he could be better but he will live with no major problems. His right leg is broken in three places and his right arm has a small break as well. They are all clean breaks and will heal just fine on their own with no surgery needed."  he said with a smile. " I have already set them and the nurses are putting the casts on now and he should be ready to go before long. I will give you a prescription for the pain and an antibiotic just to keep any infection from setting in. Mainly from the cuts that he sustained from the accident. Schedule an appointment for next week with his doctor to make sure all is on track and he will let you know when to see him next. The nurse will give you instructions on his care for the next few weeks and I will get you discharged and on your way. You all take care and try to have a good rest of the day." He shook their hands and left without another word.

"How is he?" A winded male voice said as he came to a stop next to them.

Travis looked up to see his younger brother standing there trying to catch his breath. Travis had called him when he was in route and let him know. He looked nervously between the two while he waited for the answer. They quickly filled him in and he sighed in relief.

"I can't see him yet I need a few more minutes." Denise said quietly as Travis rubbed her back to calm her.

"I'll wait here with her while you go." Trent said as he stepped up to Denise and wrapped his arms around her.

"I'll go check on him and you take all the time you need." She nodded but looked at the floor. " Denise?" She looked up to him. "This wasn't your fault so get that out of your head right now." She nodded as the tears tried to escape. She watched as he walked away grateful that he was the one in their lives and not some jerk that didn't care.

Vanessa woke up a little while later a bit sore but completely relaxed. She stretched and wondered where Travis was. She got up with a goofy smile plastered on her face and padded to the bathroom. Once she was finished with her shower and wrapped in a towel she went to the kitchen to find something to eat. She saw a note on the table and smiled as she picked it up. But as she started to read it she felt tears fill her eyes.

'Ness,

Had to run. An emergency came up and Denise needed me. Will talk later.

                                                                                                        T'

'Who is Denise and why did he just run to her?' She questioned. 'What will we talk about later? That he has a girlfriend already and he just wanted to make me another conquest. Not going to happen. I will not get hurt anymore by any man. He can just take his talk and shove it where the sun don't shine for all I care.' She felt the tears fall as she crumbled the note and threw it away. She drew the towel closer to her body and went back to bed to cry.

Travis walked into the hospital room and saw the little blonde boy sitting on the bed watching the nurse wrap his leg. Not a tear in his eye as he fired question after question and the nurse who just chuckled and answered every one without delay.

"How did you get you job?"

"I went to school and studied real hard." The nurse replied with a smile.

"Did you wike it?" He asked as he swung his uninjured leg back and forth.

"Most of the time I did. Sometimes it was pretty hard. But I hung in there and learned a lot." She said sweetly as she tapped her temple.

"Why did you choose dis job?" He quit all movements as he waited for her answer.

" I always liked to help people. So I thought this would be just right." She glanced up at him with a wink and he giggled.

"What's you name?" He was back to swinging his leg as he continued his questions.

"Cheyanne."

"Do you know my name?" He giggled thinking he had fooled her this time.

"I think I do. Hmm... let me think." She put her finger to her cheek and acted like she was thinking hard which caused him to giggle again. " It was a really cool name too. Now what was it? Hmmm, let me see. Of course I know it how could I forget your name Sean."

"How did you know my name?" He said with amazement in his eyes.

"I can read minds." She said quietly as she leaned over him and touched his nose.

"Wow that is cool can you teach me?"

"Well," she laughed,"It takes a lot of hard work and strength so you need to get all better before you start to learn." She said as she finished wrapping his leg. "There you're all done. I will just go get your paperwork and you are free to go young man." She got up and peeled off the gloves and turned around to see the gorgeous man standing in the door watching them. She walked to the door and he stepped back after shooting a smile to the little boy who returned his smile.  In the hall he turned to the nurse.

"Thank you for that in there. Sorry about the twenty questions. He's a very curious boy." Travis said as he looked back at the boy who was dancing in place in the bed.

She waved her hand in the air. "No problem hun. I have a nephew that's about his age and I know how they can be. Besides he's a good kid and it kept his mind off what we had to do. I will be back with his care instructions in a moment." She walked off and Travis went into the room and walked to Sean.

"Hey son how you doing?"  Travis asked the miniature version of him as he sat next to him on the bed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So Travis has a son. But what about the mom? Is she still a part of his life or just for the son they share. Keep reading to find out.

Sorry it's short but I just wanted to get an update in for you all. Tell me what you think my dearies.

REMEMBER COMMENT VOTE AND FAN!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126 3 12
James grabbed my hands and spin me around , put his hands between my legs ,I felt his tattered breaths on my neck and his tongue full of saliva trace...
381K 12.2K 31
They pooped together, They dressed together, celebrated birthdays together gone to school together and so much more. He was her pillow, She was his B...
195 0 13
We never really got to finish our story Travis, so I will. This is what I saw for us. I hope this story finds you. I hope you read this with an open...
6.8K 155 19
I yelp, running into Travis's back and wrapping my arms around him, "What was that?! Did you hear that?! I know I wasn't the only one who heard that...