Harry potter and the war of l...

By paterdave2

This is a Harry Potter Fanfiction. I don't own any rights they all are J.K.Rowlins The story starts the day a... More

Harry potter and the war of life
Chapter 2 Home sweet home
Chapter 3 Sirius' Return
Chapter 4 Returning to Hogwarts
Chapter 5 Details and Arrangements
Chapter 6 Attack on the Burrow
Chapter 7 At the ministry
Chapter 8 Statements and Confrontation
Chapter 9 A birthday to remember
Chapter 10 Trouble in paradise
Chapter 11 Letters
Chapter 12 The three broomsticks
Chapter 14 George
Chapter 15 the Hogwarts express
Chapter 16 The New Teachers
Chapter 17 first lesson
Chapter 18 A lunar problem
Chapter 19 Meeting the Baylay's
Chapter 20 wolf talk
Chapter 21 Revelations
Chapter 22 Fighting Voldemort
Chapter 23 More revelations
Chapter 24 What is it with Malfoy
Chapter 25 Halloween
Chapter 26 Something Forgotten
Chapter 27 Wandless Wonders
Chapter 28 Travel arrangements
Chapter 29 Unexpected
Chapter 30 What to give to the Weasley's
Chapter 31 Fight with Ginny
Chapter 32 Talks with Molly
Chapter 33 Change of plans
Chapter 34 Christmas at the Potters
Chapter 35 Unexpected presents
Chapter 36 Arriving for diner
Chapter 37 Diner
Chapter 38 Talks
Chapter 39 Taking Dudley home
Chapter 40 Trip to Paris
Chapter 41 Trouble at the ministry
Chapter 42 Back at Hogwarts
Chapter 43 Decisions
Chapter 44 The voice of Hogwarts
Chapter 45 What to do with Sirius
Chapter 46 Draco Forgiven
Chapter 47 New Problems
Chapter 48 Trapped
Chapter 49 New information
Chapter 50 The Leader
Chapter 51 Wonders and attacks
Chapter 52 No time to Celebrate
Chapter 53 Letters from home
Chapter 54 Family Talks part 1
Chapter 55 Family Talks part2/Last train ride

Chapter 13 Diagon Alley

894 11 2
By paterdave2

After his talk with Molly the day could not go fast enough for Harry.
Tomorrow they finally would go to Diagon Alley.
They day went by pretty fast and they all went to bed early.
The next morning Harry woke up and went to the shower.
When he got back with a towel around his waist, Ginny was lying awake in bed with his underpants at her side.
Harry looked a little shy at her and as she smiled mischiefly he felt dumb for not taking it with him into the shower.
"Well Mister Potter this is a problem," she said, "you can get it no problem but how will you get it on?? You can just get back to the shower and put it on or like on the beach try and get it on under that towel of yours."
Harry looked her straight in the eyes and walked over to the bed.
He took his underpants as he kissed Ginny on her hair and just like that he dropped his towel. Ginny had not expected this and her breath stocked in her throat. He stood there naked in front of her and she could just grab him if she wanted.
Harry put his underpants on and got dressed. When he left the room he could she Ginny still was red on the cheeks from what she had seen and that she was speechless.
He went downstairs and smiled at his own boldness.
He started breakfast for the whole family and when he thought back at what happened five minutes ago he started smiling again.
"Good morning Harry."said Mrs. Weasley when she walked in the kitchen.
"I should have known that you were already down when I smelled the coffee."
"Good morning Molly." He said as he passed her a mug of coffee, "Breakfast is almost ready.
"Thank you dear, but what is that smile on your face are you so glad that we go shopping today?" Molly asked him.
Harry blushed when she said that and started to work on the eggs with new interest.
"All right young man what happened?" Molly said with a some playfulness in her voice.
"Well," said Harry still blushing, "Ginny wanted to prank me but I turned the prank on her."

He turned away from Molly so he didn't saw Ginny enter the room.
"Morning mom." She said. 
"Hello dear. So please tell me what did you do so that Harry won't even look at me when I ask him why he is smiling." Molly asked Ginny
"What," Ginny said in shock, "OOOO that well I wanted to prank Harry this morning but he got me instead that's all."
"That must been one hell of a prank if he gets as red as your hear dear so what was it." Molly pressed on.
"That is not important mom." Said Ginny trying to get out of the interrogation.
"I will decide if it is important or not." Said Molly a bit worried that Ginny would not want to tell about a prank. "So now out with it you two."
"No mom this is something between Harry and me." Said Ginny. "You don't need to know everything you know some things are PERSONAL."
"Well," said Molly, "if you think that than probably I was wrong to think you were old enough to sleep with your boyfriend. When we get back from Diagon Alley we will correct that by changing the sleeping arrangements. And you can tell your brother the reason why."
"That is blackmail." Yelled Ginny. 
"No it is not." Said Molly now also getting angry. 

Harry who didn't wanted the day been ruined by an argument said with a raised voice.
"OKAY, if you want to know than listen." He said. "I will tell you this only once and than after that you will never push us for an answer. Some things like Ginny said are Personal but because you won't stop before we tell you I will tell you it this time, you hear Molly and I only tell you because I don't want another argument like we had yesterday."
Molly went quit at once after hearing the argument she had with Harry just a day ago, and Ginny looked at Harry.
"No Harry she doesn't need to know. If she wants to ruin it for all of us than let her." She told him.
Harry looked at Ginny and smiled. "I know that your mother has no right to know love but she is just like you. When your mind is set you will not give up." He said to Ginny. "So this is what happened." Harry explained that when he got out of the shower Ginny wanted to prank him by asking what he would do and that he had some trouble. When he told her how he handled the problem he and Ginny went red as Ginny's hair.
Molly was shocked at the openness the two have shown her and regretted her comments at once. They were right this was something between the two of them and she ruined that special moment. She looked at the two standing beside each other and she said only, "I am so sorry." before she started to cry.
Harry looked at Ginny and they both grabbed Molly around her neck.

"What is it mom?" Ginny asked, "Whats wrong?"
"I am so sorry, this was really something between you two something special and I ruined it for you two." She said to the both of them.
"It is okay." Said Harry.
"If I really didn't wanted to tell you I would not have told you. I know it was something personal but like I said. I will tell you this but only this.
From now on when Ginny or me say that it is personal you can put us in front the whole Wizzengamot but we won't tell."
Molly hugged them both and thanked them for their honesty.
When she saw that they were ok with it she smiled. 

"Well," She said with a wink to Harry that Ginny did not see, "Harry you really must have impressed Ginny with what you had under that towel because she went red in the face when I asked her about what happened."
"MOM!" Yelled Ginny as she spit out her coffee.
Molly and Harry started laughing out loud at this reaction.
"What's has mom done now?" Asked a sleepy Ron who just walked in as Ginny spat out her coffee so he hadn't heard what his mother had said(what in Ron's case would be for the best). "Nothing." The three already in the kitchen together.
"Well than what, oh well never mind." Said Ron as he got himself some coffee.
The rest of the morning went by without incident and Harry and Ginny were lying under the tree near the pond waiting for McGonagall to arrive.
"What are you quit?" Asked Harry after some time as he pulled Ginny closer towards him. Did I do something wrong?"
"No love it is just that I was just thinking about this morning. About what my mother said before Ron walked in." Ginny replied.
"Oh," Said Harry, feeling some shame and worry he asked ",and??? Did I impress you or was it well I don't know?"

Ginny blushed when she spoke. "You really impressed me Harry. But when I was lying in bed the first thought that crossed my mind was well not what you did, but that I could just grab you there and I would have you well really in my hand, you know what I mean."
Harry kissed her hair and said, "Well I am glad that you did not grab me there because I don't know what would have happened if you did, but I think we would be some time later downstairs than we were now."
Ginny giggled like a little girl as she looked up at Harry. "And well that was not the only thing that impressed me." She said.  Harry smiled and kissed her on the lips. 

At that time Ron came out of the house and yelled. "Hey that is my sister you are snogging."
Harry looked up and yelled back. "Good that means she is my girlfriend."
"He will never learn will he." Said Ginny with a smile.
"What is it Ron?" She said when he was close enough so she didn't need to yell.
"Mom wanted you two in the house because McGonagall has arrived and we will be leaving soon."
"Okay well lets go than." Said Ginny.
They got up and went to the house.
When they entered they not only saw McGonagall but also.
"SIRIUS!" yelled Harry as he jumped around his godfather's neck.
"But you told me that you could not come, are you coming with us??"
"Yes and no." Said Sirius. "I won't be coming because like I told you I am not cleared yet. But that doesn't mean that Padfoot can't come with you."
"Wait what?" Said Harry, who could not believe what he was hearing. "You mean that you are coming? Ok let's get going he said with a smile before he changes his mind again."
"No, I won't change my mind." Said Sirius. "Minerva and I talked about it for some time and we both agreed that as far as we know we are the only few who know I am back alive and that I am Padfoot so problem solved and I can come along. Only one thing. When we stop for a drink I don't want a bowl of water."
They all laughed at this comment and after Harry hugged his godfather Sirius transformed into the big black dog.
They all went to the fireplace and took some floo-powder.
"We meet at the Leaky cauldron and go from there to Diagon alley." Said Mrs. Weasley "So who wants to go first?"
"Well, I will go." Said McGonagall as she threw the floo-powder in the fireplace and stepped in. With the familiar whoosh, she was gone.
After her Sirius barked twice and walked forward, Harry looked at Mr. Weasley and asked. "Can you go with two persons because how else do we get Sirius there."
"Well, when we want an animal there we throw it in for them and say the place we want to send them." Mr. Weasley told him.
"Okay." Said Harry and walked towards the fireplace.
He threw the powder in and the flames turned green.
Sirius leaped in and Harry yelled: "Leaky Cauldron."
Whoosh and Sirius the dog was gone than Harry stepped in and went after Sirius.
When Harry stepped out of the fireplace he looked around and saw Tom behind his bar.
"I was wondering when you would show up." Said Tom with a smile.
He walked over to Harry and shook his hands. The rest of the group was now all there just as Tom said. "You won't get any further without a drink first." Harry looked at Tom and smiled. "Thank you Tom," He said, "but only if we can get the private parlour." They all went in and had some butterbeer and pumpkin juice. After they all finished their drinks and said their goodbye's to Tom it was time to step back into the wizardingworld the trio had left alone or some time when they all were save at The Burrow.
Harry walked out at the little courtyard he stopped.
"What is it love?" asked Ginny?
"I think it is a little ironic," Said Harry. "My first entrance to the wizarding world was through this gateway with Hagrid and now I re-enter it through that same gateway."
"I think it had to be," Said Hermione. "You know now you enter it with no problems following you."
"Or some weird evil wizard for that matter." Said Harry with a little smile.
"That is not what I meant," Said Hermione as she smacked him on the head, "now open the gateway it gets a little cramped out here."
Harry tapped the bricks and the gateway opened.
With a big sigh he stepped through it.
What he feared happened. When all the others were though the gate they all packed around him like a shield. 

"Okay," He said, "Ginny you walk beside me and the rest please let me breath. Like I told you at home I don't want a guard detail Ginny and I can handle ourselves fine. Also I have my 2 best friends beside me so nothing and I really mean nothing can happen to me." The adults looked at him and all stepped back. Sirius/Padfoot barked and started chasing his tail. The whole group laughed about this and walked further on in the street. Harry looked at where Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour had been and still felt sad that the nice man had been killed. He had some great memories of that summer when he staid in the Leaky cauldron before his third year. 

When people finally got a sight of them, they all stared at them but left them alone.
The walked on and went straight to Gringotts bank to get some money for all their stuff.
When they entered the goblins looked up and the whole room went quit. The goblin Ragnok came walking over and told them to follow him. 

As the whole group entered a room to the side the whole hall burst with sound of people talking.  In the room the saw a desk with behind it Bill Weasley.
Bill told Ragnok he could leave and the goblin left the room.
"Bill what's going on?" Asked Molly.
"I am sorry mother but this is official Gringotts business and I need to talk to Harry, Ron and Hermione alone so please you three follow me, the rest can wait here." Bill said. 
"Now wait a minute young man." Molly Weasly said.
"I am your mother and if I ask you a question I expect an answer."
"You asked a question and I answered it. As I told you this is work," Bill said. "and no I won't tell you what it is about. Now please wait here and if you three would please follow me."
As Harry, Ron and Hermione were following Bill they also were followed by Ginny.
"Ginny this doesn't involves you so please wait with the others." Said Bill getting tired of a third intrusion.
"It does involve me because I am Harry's girlfriend and no you won't be able to send me back." Ginny said in reply. 
Bill looked at Harry as Ginny went over and the took each others hands.
"Okay." He said "You can stay."
They entered a small office with four seats across a desk.
"Please sit." Bill said in a tone that was clearly not mend as an request.
"I think you all know why you are here?" He continued.
"No I don't." Said Ron.
"You three robed this bank and just walk in here thinking all will be fine?" Bill said in disbelief that Ron could just forget that.
"We did not robe this bank." said Harry to amazement of all.
"We relieved it from stolen goods that if it would get known that the goblins of this bank willingly helped a dark wizard in hiding stolen goods would do no good to their fine reputation as safe keepers of our gold. As I sated in the letter I send 2 weeks ago all damages we caused when we left this place on the back of a dragon could been taken from my personal vault." Harry continued.
" Also I understand in the reply that I got that all repairs were done properly and well paid for. If I am not mistaken this institution has no further damages caused by me or my friends here, so if that is all than please excuse us we need to make a with drawl and get our school stuff."
Bill was blown away by the reply Harry had given him.
He had know about the letter Harry had send but not about the content.
"You wait" He said lost for words and left the room. Before he left he looked back and said. "I will be back shortly"

After a few minutes he came back followed by a goblin.
"Harry this is Nagnok, he is the head Goblin of Gringotts." Bill introduced the goblin.
"The reason I have send for him is that the goblin who met you in the hallway is also the same goblin who wanted me to get extra gold from you for the damages caused by the break in."
"Mr. Potter I have heard about your generous offer to pay for all repairs." began Nagnok, "and that we could also take 5 percent of the costs as a compensation for ourselves. I read and replied to your letter myself and the deal was good and profitable for us.
I regret to say that Ragnok has tried to steal from you more than is due he will be punished for that. We will make sure that no further attempts will be made to get extra gold from one of your vaults."
You could notice the anger and displeasure Nagnok had for the attempt to scam Harry after the good contact and deal he had with him.
"Thank your Nagnok head goblin of Gringotts." Said Harry as he bowed to the goblin. "But I ask you this. Please do not punish Ragnok to heavy for his actions. I understand that he must be punished but please no damage is done so please let the punishment be mild. Also I would like to ask you if the rest of my requests in my letter have been fulfilled."
The goblin nodded and gave Harry a small pouch. "You show more understanding and kindness to our people than most wizards Mr. Potter for that I thank you also for that you and your friends or any of your offspring will always be welcome here at Gringotts."
"Thank you once again Head Goblin and thank you for your kind words." Harry said to the Goblin as he took the small pouch
After Nagnok had left the room Bill let go of his breath he had been holding he had never seen this before.
"Wow Harry how did you know how to get on his good side?" He asked.
"Most wizards are trying that forever and never get even a small smile from him and you just got all that praise and stuff."
"Like I told you Bill I had written a letter in which I stated what I said to you and  that I would pay for all the damages and that they could take some extra for themselves." Harry said.
"Now if we all please could go to the rest there are some things I need to talk to you all about."
When they all entered the main office the rest was in a fuss.
"What was that all about?" Demanded Mrs. Weasley. 
"Nothing Molly it was something personal and there was a goblin that I needed to talk to in private that is all." Said Harry before the other four could even start to speak. The other four did nothing to let their surprise see to her, because if Molly had noticed that they didn't agree with Harry's story there would be hell to pay.
"No if I may have your attention please, said Harry, there are some things I need to say to all of you."Harry started. "Sirius please change back for now." He added
They all sat at the desk and looked at Harry to start. Harry looked at them all with so much love and he started to talk.
"When I came back from the war I started thinking about what is important to me. Well I came to one simple conclusion."
"Ginny!!" The room cheered.
Harry and Ginny blushed and the room filled with laugher.
"Yes she is very important to me," Harry continued, "but there are some others that are also very important to me. For that I had written a letter to the head goblin of Gringotts. I explained why we needed to break in the bank and that I would pay for all the damages."
The room was full of rumor now.
"Harry I know for sure that Lilly and James would be proud of you for this, I know I am." Sirius said.
Harry raised his hands and the room settled down again.
"This is not the only thing I had the goblins do. I also had them make up 4 new vaults. The keys in this bag are for these vaults. The first key is for the new vault for the old and valued house of Black." as he gave the first key to Sirius.
"The second key is for the newly installed vault for the house of Granger." As he gave Hermione a key who when she took it had tears in her eyes.
"The third key is for the vault of the family of Bill Weasley." As he handed Bill his own key. "I know that you had a vault with the rest of the family but I thought you and Fleur needed your own so you could also save some money for yourselves. In each vault is a small amount of gold as a thank you for all your help and friendship.
Ron I had them transfer the same amount to your families vault. I have two more keys to hand out the first one is for Minerva McGonagall."
Minerva was shocked by this and walked over to Harry.
"This vault represents a trust-fund for students of Hogwarts that like me have no real family to go back to. It is to be used to let them stay at Hogwarts over the summer if they wish to. The gold can be used to hire extra staff to keep an eye on them and to provide in their daily needs." Minerva took the key with shaking hands. This would open a lot of doors for the students.
"The last key is for Ginny." As he said that the whole room went even quiter than it allready had been.
"This is a key to my and now our vault. Like I said to you and your father I love you with all my heart and one day want to marry you. As a token of that intent I want you to be able to share everything that I have."
Ginny took the key with shaking hands and tears in her eyes she kissed Harry on the lips.
The room came over to him and all were down struck by his generosity.
"Harry this is to much we can not except it." Said Hermione.
"Yes you can." Said Harry. "I always said that I wanted to do something in return and this is my way. From now on you don't need to exchange muggle money and kids like me with no home can stay at Hogwarts if they want to, and what about Sirius, the content of his vault went straight to mine when he went through the veil at the ministry, this is the least I can do. Now can we go please and get the gold we need to go shopping." He hold back Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and said to them. "I also had them make a generous transfer to the vault of some Mr. and Mrs. Weasley for all their love and who are like a father and mother to me." He tried to walk away but was taken in one of Mrs. Weasley's bone crushing hugs.
After all the group had settled down after the great shock Harry had given them, they got the gold, and went shopping.
Ron still could not believe that they weren't those poor people anymore.
After he walked in Madam Malkin's Robes for all occasions and he got his new robes, fitted by a young girl who was giggling all the time to Hermione's annoyance, and he paid for them he thought about what just had happened.
"You know," He said to Harry, "for the first time I don't feel guilty for needing new robes. Thanks mate."
Harry just laughed and grabbed Ron around the shoulders and with Ron on his left and Ginny on his right side they walked on. The people in the street all starred at the group but non tried to talk or do anything.
"What do you all say if we first get our books and than stop at the joke shop?" Ginny said. "That is a great idea," came the voice of Molly, "but if you all don't mind I want to go to the shop by myself first so I will go there now and you all can join me there."
She left in a hurry followed by Arthur who looked a little worried.
"What was that all about?" Asked Ron.
"Well she is worried about George off course and wants to see him before we all run over the store." It was Hermione who had figured it out.
"But we will need to get our books and than we can go and see him for ourselves so lets go."
They walked in at Flourish & Blotts and McGonagall walked straight to the counter.
"Good afternoon Professor," Said the clerk behind the counter, "what can I do for you?"
"Well," She said, "I need the normal and teachers books of the following books.
- The essential defence against the dark arts by Arsenius Jigger
- The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble  
and only the teachers set of Practical Defensive Magic and Its Use Against the Dark Arts."
"So I guess you found a new teacher for the defence class then," Said the clerk "and who is it if I may ask?"
"No you may not," Said McGonagall with a stern look, "We have some final details to go through so it isn't final yet."
"Okay, okay I was just asking, I will get the books one moment please." said the clerk and he was off to get the books.
After the books were brought she paid for them with money Harry had given her earlier and stepped aside so the rest could give their orders. When the clerk saw Harry, Ron and Hermione his eyes almost popped out of his head. "Wha wha what wha what cccccan I ddddddo for you?" he stuttered.
"Well this is a bookshop and we would like to buy some books." Said Harry sarcastically. "I will just give you the lists than shall I." Harry handed over the four book-lists and waited for the clerk to return.
Harry paid for all of the books and the whole group left the store.
They didn't looked back but if one of them had done that they would have seen the clerk faint.
They wanted to go to George and fast so they hurried over to the jokeshop. When the saw the shop a shock went through the whole group. 

They had not paid attention when they first past it but in the window was a large photo of Fred in front of the store. He was looking and waving to all the people in the street and was opening the door to them as to invite them in.
They entered a with a lesser mood than when they left Flourish & Blotts.
"No mom I won't take it down. It was and always will be also his store. He should be able to be part of it." They heard George's voice over the crowd that was in the store.
"But George?" said Mrs. Weasley.
"No Mom I won't even want to have a discussion about this. Fred will stay where he is."
Harry looked over and saw that both George and Molly had tears in their eyes.
He walked straight over to them and grabbed George by the neck of his robe and took him in the back.
"What the hell in Merlin's name, Harry what is this?" said George "I was having an argument with my mother."
"You wait here." was all that Harry said as he turned around.
George was about to follow but Harry turned like lightning and said once again to George.
"I said you wait here, and I mean it George. You wait here."
The look in Harry's eyes was enough for George to step back and sit down. 
He had never seen that look in Harry's eyes.
It looked like if they were on fire.
Harry walked out again and just at the spot he left her was Molly. He walked over to her hugged her and said.
"I will handle this, don't be mad at him because he is hurt bad.  I know we all are but he lost his second half. I know he was your son but he was his twin."
Molly let out a small sniff and harry looked at Arthur for support.
Arthur nodded and took his wife in his arms where she cried for her son who she had lost in the war but also for her other son who had lost his twin.
Harry turned around and walked to the back. Ginny was standing at the door. "No Gin. I need to do this alone." He said.
"I know love." she said. "I am just standing guard for the rest of the family. Also I already used muffliato on the door from the inside so you two can scream what you want we won't hear it." Harry kissed Ginny on the cheecks and said his thanks, than he went through the door and back to George.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 290 8
Harry and Hermione just arrived to the Final Battle. Ron had disappeared before the battle even started. They had been betrayed and Dumbledore's plan...
46K 1.1K 47
The life of a girl who felt she was second best to everyone but one day a secret is revealed and she finds out she isn't where she belongs. Follow In...
20.5K 268 75
These are fandoms that I made up. Please don't steal my work. They are not like other one shots. I do not own the Harry Potter characters except my...
1.1K 20 36
This FanFic will cover Events Imminently after the Battle of Hogwarts. Will anything be the same, Will the Wizarding world ever truly recover and wha...