One-shots (JOLENA/Sweenett)

By englishrose19

Just a few of my ideas that never developed into a full story! Both Jolena and Sweenett! More

Keeping It Hush
Green eyed monster
Picture Perfect
The English Rose
The English Rose (Part 2)
One too many?
Perfection is overrated
Worlds best dad
Maybe a little psycho
Beauty
The Auction
Torture
Don't think I'm bluffing.
I want you
Then Together We Will Have Our Revenge
Part 2 - Hit e'm where it hurts
New Guy
New years
Tease
Turpin's Ball
Billy's Mum
Sweeney Todd pt1
Sweeney Todd pt2
Sweeney Todd pt3
Sweeney Todd pt4
Sweeney Todd pt6
Sweeney Todd pt7
Sweeney Todd pt8
Sweeney Todd pt9
Sweeney Todd pt10
Sweeney Todd pt11
Sweeney Todd pt12
Sweeney Todd pt13
Sleeping together (JOLENA)
Sleeping together pt2
Dangerous Desire (Sweenett)
You lied to me (Pt 1)
You lied to me (pt2)
You lied to me (part 3)
You lied to me pt4 (final)

Sweeney Todd pt5

396 19 33
By englishrose19

The days went by slowly. It had been exactly 18 days since Sweeney had left and it was really taking it toll on Johanna. His letters were vague asking more about how she was rather then explaining to her how he was doing. Every time she would write back she asked how he was but it was always the same. Sweeney would always tell her that he was fine and that she didn't have to worry. Yet she did. Very much...

He wrote to Mrs Lovett but she never opened his letters nor did she want to. Johanna had watched on countless occasions Mrs Lovett throwing his letters in the bin. And every time she did Johanna reached in and kept them. Of course she didn't read them as they were private but even so she didn't want them to be lost forever.

Sweeney had spent a few rough nights on the streets without little food or drink before an old couple were kind enough to take him in. The time away had been testing yet Sweeney realised how much he needed it. He was able to think properly and come to terms with what he needed to do to sort his life out. Most of all, even though he never thought he would ever have to admit it he did miss Mrs Lovett. Being away from Johanna and Nellie was a huge shock to the system it made him see how much he did in fact need them in his life. He had been an idiot not to have realised that sooner. He doubt Nellie would ever forgive him and for that he didn't blame her.

He had been vile. He had always been a man of respect yet he had shown Mrs Lovett none of that. He had been a man at one point, a gentleman and that all changed as soon as he became Sweeney Todd. Well now he knew that needed to change, he was working hard on bettering himself and trying to reconnected with the man he once used to be. Sweeney Todd might always be in him and he excepted that that was who he was now. But that didn't mean he couldn't find his old self again as well. He had Johanna now, he had to be responsible, had to be a good father and now he realised he wanted to be a good and decent man for Nellie. She deserved that...

His killing days were now behind him. He had sold his razors and had made quite a bit of money for them. With that money he would put it in an envelope for Mrs Lovett. He never paid her for allowing him to stay at her place, he owned her so much that this little donation was hardly anything, but at least it was something and a start.

"Father?"

Standing alone in Hyde park Sweeney turned to see his daughter heading towards him up the footpath. She was wearing a light pink dress and matching bonnet, but what was most beautiful was the large smile she gave him as their eyes met. Smiling towards her as she ran towards him they embraced in a warm hug. Squeezing him tight Johanna didn't want to let him go she had missed him, so much.

"I'm glad you were able to meet me" he said softly pulling away to look at her as she smiled up at him happily. Her eyes scanned his face and his new look...

"You look well" she commented noticing how his appearance had changed. His hair was shorter on his head and a little lighter too making it softer and not so dark. He was clean shaven and had smarter clothes on, again not dark but a light brown. Almost unrecognisable...

"Made a few changes" he smiled before looking at what his daughter was wearing "new dress?"

Nodding excitedly Johanna twirled around to show him with large smile lighting up her face. "Mrs Lovett brought me it, she's awfully generous.... spends all she makes on me" Sweeney had to admit that only made his insides twist with guilt. Just knowing how Nellie was looking after Johanna had made him feel even more guilty then he already had been.

"How have you been?" He asked offering his arm to her which she excepted as they began to stroll down the footpath together.

"Good thank you, myself and Mrs Lovett are really busy at the moment....we're baking fruit pies and they are selling very well"

"Fruit pies...so she's taught you how to bake?" He was glad to know Nellie had stopped with the meat. But then he gathered she would have to considering he wasn't supplying it for her anymore.

"I'm still learning, I work mainly front of house...but when we do bake together it's a lot of fun"

He couldn't deny he was happy that Johanna and Mrs Lovett we're getting on so well. But he was beginning to feel lonely, again he knew he brought it all on himself but he was feeling left out. Johanna would only grow up once. He had missed her childhood and now was missing her developing into a young woman.

"Does she read my letters?" The words came tumbling from his mouth before he realised how desperate it sounded. Yet he had to know, it had been eating at him never knowing if Mrs Lovett was reading his letters he sent to her.

As they slowly walked arm in arm Sweeney could see Johanna looking down sadly. That was all he needed to know that she hadn't.

"She won't look at them, however..." Johanna cut herself off wondering whether she should open her mouth.

"Yes?"

"I shouldn't say" she whispered not knowing if she should reveal what she had saw the other night.

"Please...." he pushed softly.

Licking her dry lip awkwardly Johanna cleared her throat. "For the first time in a while I heard her crying in her room" already Sweeney found himself feeling upset all over again. "It was just after we had a conversation about you and I said I missed you....she didn't get mad or anything just took herself to her room and began to cry..."

Sweeney allowed that to sink in. Even though he wasn't there he still made her cry...

"I wish she would have thrown me out sooner....that way she wouldn't be so hurt....I do love her Johanna..." he confessed making his daughters eyes a little wider and her heart ache that little more for the pair of them. "I'm just sorry I ruined things by covering that up..."

"Father I'm so happy you can finally admit that to yourself...I can see how this time alone has helped you and I'm so proud" she smiled stopping in her tracks to look at him sweetly. Inside and out he was appearing so much better, it was like she was looking at a different man.

"You have to try and win her back, it will be hard but you need to show her that love...deep down I know she needs it" Johanna explained softly looking into her father now very warm brown eyes. There was softness there and it reflected in him so beautifully.

"Please can you pass this along to Mrs Lovett..." he said reaching into his coat pocket go retrieve an envelope. An envelope that contained the money he had made and a letter for the Nellie as well. "She may have ignored my others but you tell her that this is hers and that the content in here can not be thrown away"

Johanna was slightly confused by what he meant or what the envelope contained but she took it nonetheless and placed it in her little purse. "I will"

"Thank you" he smiled as they began to walk again.

"Now if my memory doesn't deceive me it's your 19th birthday on Friday" Johanna smiled at this shyly and nodded.

"Mrs Lovett has organised a masquerade ball at the pie shop for all the local men and women that I've made friends with....do you think you would be able to come?" She asked before even considering Mrs Lovett in all this.

"I would, but I doubt Mrs Lovett would want me there"

Johanna's face dropped. "Oh of course" she sadly mumbled before sighing in defeat. "Well it is being held for me, and she said I can invite who I like..."

Smirking at his daughter for pushing this he shook his head with a smile "ask her permission first"

"Fine, then I'll write and tell you what she said"

"Sounds like a good plan"

——————————

Johanna grinned childishly as she walked into the pie shop. Standing before her was Mrs Lovett and James chatting together by the counter. James had become a very dear friend of Johanna's, they were the same age and secretly adored everything about one another. He had come into the shop to buy a fruit pie and had been coming back ever since. Mrs Lovett was aware the young man was found of Johanna and to be quite honest the thought made her happy. James was sweet and caring and Nellie knew he could make Johanna happy.

"This is a nice surprise" Johanna smiled as she removed her bonnet from her head and walked over to the pair of them.

Mrs Lovett couldn't contain the cheeky smile on her lips as she looked between them. Young love was beautiful...

"James ere' as a question for ya dear" she grinned walking over to Johanna and kissing her sweetly on the cheek as a welcome back.

"Oh?"

Removing his cap James smiled shyly at Johanna before finally speaking. "Your birthday is coming up soon, Mrs Lovett was kind enough to invite me to your party...I just wondered if I could be your date for the evening?"

Nellie didn't mean to pry so she pottered about the shop acting as if she wasn't listening when really she was. She loved James, he was perfect for Johanna and so she really hoped she would say yes.

"I'd love that" Johanna smiled shyly towards him her cheeks flushing slightly pink as he took her hand and kissed it sweetly.

"Till Friday" he smiled before looking over to Mrs Lovett who gave him a cheeky wink. He smiled at that and left.

As soon as the door closed Mrs Lovett chuckled at the flush of pink on Johanna's cheeks. "You'll ave' beautiful children one day"

Johanna's eyes widened in embarrassment "Nellie!"

Laughing away as she began to roll out some dough she bit her lip mischievously. "Sorry love, couldn't help me'self....he is awfully sweet..."

Rolling her eyes with a smirk playing about her lip Johanna headed towards her. "I have something to give you....as you know I saw father today..."

"Listen love, if it's another letter ya know I don't..."

"He said it's not to be thrown away....please read it" Johanna cut in handing her the envelope.

Glancing at her questionably Nellie reverted her eyes to the envelope in Johanna's hands. She didn't want to read anything from Sweeney, not just because she wanted nothing to do with him but because she knew it would probably cause her more heartache...

"He said you mustn't throw this away..."

Frowning slightly Mrs Lovett gave in and took the letter. "Fine, I'll go open it now" she huffed wiping the hands down her corset before walking away towards her bedroom to get some privacy.

Closing her bedroom door she walked over to her bed and began to undo the envelope. Her eyes widened slightly at the amount of money that was bundled in there. Sitting down on her bed she pulled the bank notes out and gulped at just how much was there.

"Bloody hell" she mumbled to herself. With the amount here she could buy a months supply of food and drink and possibly a new dress for her and Johanna.

Placing the money to one side Nellie opened up the crumpled letter and began to read.

Dear Nellie,

Please take this money as payment for my time I spent under your roof. It's not as much as I would have liked to have given you but it's all I was able to make with the time I have had away.

I take it you haven't read my previous letters I sent you as I have not heard back. I don't blame you for wanting to cut me out but what I would like you to know is that I miss you very much, something a week ago I would be to ashamed to admit. I can't deny how much of a struggle this time has been without you. I've been a fool, no I've been a monster. I understand that you may never want to forgive me but know just how sorry I am.

With this time it has allowed me to reflect on myself and make so many changes. I'm trying my best to be a better man, believe me when I say that I have changed.

Maybe one day we can move on. For now my love just know I'm thinking of you everyday.

Sweeney

Closing the letter slowly Mrs Lovett processed his words and gulped down the painful lump in the back of her throat. She didn't mean to get tearful yet she couldn't help her eyes cloud over with tears sadly. She couldn't forgive him. She wouldn't!

Yet his words of love had surprised her...

No! Wiping away her tears she tore up the letter quickly and jumped to her feet. She wouldn't be fooling for this again, nor would she cry. She would take the money he should have given her ages ago and get on with her life. No looking back!

—————————

Music and laughter filled the pie shop. There were a great number of people dancing the night away at Mrs Lovett's pie shop both inside and outside her meat pie emporium. Everyone invited had made an effort dressing up in beautiful ball gowns and the most elegant of masks making even the closest of people strangers.

Johanna was having a great time and for that Mrs Lovett could only stand in the back watching proudly as she danced the night away with James. Nellie had mingled with practically all of her guests and met new people along the way but what made her smile most was seeing Johanna having a great birthday. She was like a proud mother, she really did love her like her own.

Dressed in a dark black beaded dress lined with gold thread all over the hem Mrs Lovett fanned herself with her matching black and gold mask that she had on a stick. Like most of the women they all held their masks to their face attached to a long stick that way they couldn't ruin their eye make up. The men however were unrecognisable, they either had full face mask or half face masks that left their identity unknown. It was rather thrilling not knowing who was hiding behind the mask.

"Mrs Lovett" one of her guest called her noticing she was standing alone. She smiled in response and headed over to the group all standing and drinking around her piano. One of her guests was playing the piano and had been most of the evening to entertain everyone.

"Johanna...." whizzing round from James arms in the middle of the pie shop she looked towards the man calling her. She frowned not knowing who it was. He was dressed in a striking striped black and white suit with a dark mask covering most of his face, even with the bit of skin on show she couldn't work out who's chin and lips they belonged to. Not even his eyes could be seen all that well...

"Yes sir?" She asked still unsure of who this was.

James stood frowning at the man. Just what was his purpose here? Who was he?

"It's me..." he laughed when his own daughter couldn't work out who was standing there.

"Father?" She laughed before hugging him. "I'm so happy you could come..." she grinned moving away to look at him. He really was undetectable, it was rather amazing how a mask could hide someone you even love so well.

"I really couldn't tell that it was you..."

Laughing again Sweeney pulled out a small wrapped gift from his blazer pocket and placed it into her hands. "Happy Birthday darling"

"Thank you" she smiled before slowly undoing the gift. Inside the small box was a gold necklace that had taken Johanna's breath away. "It's beautiful" she gushed pulling it free.

"Here" James offered his hand out and gently placed the necklace around her neck, fastening it at the back.

"Thank you" Johanna smiled kissing her fathers cheek, well mask before turning to James with a kind smile.

"Forgive me, I haven't introduced you...James this is my father Sweeney Todd...this is James, a very dear friend of mine" Sweeney looked at the boy realising that perhaps they were more then just friends. But even so he placed out his hand politely "nice to meet you James"

"You too sir"

Johanna then noticed Nellie heading back into the party with a glass of red wine in her hand. Suddenly she felt nervous "father I have a confession to make..." Johanna gulped not knowing how he would react. She kept looking over his shoulder to make sure Nellie wasn't too close.

"Yes?"

"I never actually asked Mrs Lovett..." she whispered quietly.

"But you wrote and told me she said I could come" now he sounded worried. Johanna had lied to him...

"I knew if I asked she would say no....I desperately wanted you to be here...I'm sorry I lied" she rambled nervously taking her father hand as he sighed.

"I should probably go, I don't want me being here to cause her any upset..."

"No don't! Please, listen she won't know it's you...I didn't, you're unrecognisable...and it's masquerade anyone can be anyone..." she pushed hoping she could persuade him to stay. "Tonight you don't have to be Sweeney Todd...she won't know...besides you wanted to see her didn't you?" Sweeney had to admit the idea was tempting, and he did want to see Mrs Lovett even if he was to pretend to be someone else. He missed her after all....

"You're definitely your fathers daughter" he smirked making her also smile back happily "so you'll stay?"

"Ello' dears, have ya tried the spread I've prepared? Food looks awfully good I must say" Mrs Lovett's cheerful voice sounded to which they all turned to look at her including Sweeney.

He could feel his insides twist. He hoped that Johanna was right and that he really was unrecognisable. She looked so beautiful, her dress was more then flattering to her body and hugged in all of the right places. Mrs Lovett's hair was curled  in a messy but rather pretty bun on the top of her head leaving a few stray curls to fall about her face.

Her face. Sweeney found himself just staring at her as if it was the first time. Her makeup was full but not too heavy with beautiful smoky eyes and a red lip. She was oozing beauty...

"Oh yes, I'm rather hungry myself...." Johanna said taking James hand. "Oh Nellie this is..."

"Robert..." Sweeney said quickly thinking of the first name that popped into his head. "And you must be Mrs Lovett?....pleasure to meet you" his voice was smooth and soft she smiled as he took her hand and kissed the tops of her knuckles his eyes never leaving hers.

Mrs Lovett tried her hardest to keep it together even though his eyes gave her butterflies. Who was this dashing stranger she had not yet seen this evening? Where had he come from? 

Johanna glanced between them nervously before hearing James whisper very quietly in her ear. "I thought his name was Sweeney?"

Luckily Mrs Lovett was too busy looking at the kind gentleman for her to hear James. "I'll explain, come with me" with this Johanna pulled him away from the pair of them to give them some privacy. She just hoped Nellie didn't catch on otherwise all hell would break loose.

"You'll ave to forgive me sir, but I don't recall ever meeting you, are ya a regular of mine?" She asked not being able to hide the fact the way he was looking at her gave her chills. The good kind that had you almost trembling.

"I come in from time to time, I know your daughter far better, she was kind enough to invite me this evening..." his voice was so soft a little familiar but nothing like Sweeney Todd's which was harsh and blunt. She could already tell he was a gentleman everything about him oozed kindness.

"She's not my daughter unfortunately, I'm her guardian...her mother died and her father..." she paused wondering just what to say.

"Her father?" Sweeney pushed also wondering what she might say.

"Well, let's just say it's a long story..." she smiled sweetly at him slowly brining her glass of red wine to her blood red lips. Taking a sip she never took her eyes of him, there was something about him she liked. She couldn't put her finger on it yet.

"We have the whole evening" his words had a small smirk playing about her lips. She felt almost giddy like she was a school girl again. "May I have this next dance Mrs Lovett?" He asked offering his arm to her which she nodded and smirked again at him.

"Call me Nellie, and yes you may....."

A/N:🙈 Things are going to get interesting now people! Haha! Can't wait to write more, I hope you are all enjoying where this is going. So Mrs Lovett doesn't know its Sweeney Todd....wonder how long that will last! & if you're wondering what James looks like I pictured him to look a lot like the actor Josh O'conner from 'The Crown' if you don't know who he is google him to get an idea of what he looks like🙌🏻  Thanks for reading!

LestrangeBella
NocturnalHeartbeat
daydreamerhelenaist
Amberloulouise
bellatrixfan
bellatrixlestrange48
bellovettrix
mandydb96
heleigne_summers
HelenaistForever
demonbarber69
_ahs_addict_
CeciliaAnijNg
dreadfulnerd16
hi_itzmethatgirl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.5K 2.1K 27
A bunch of one shots of Sarah and some of her characters (not all are one shots...more like 2 shots haha) - Just some stuff that come into my head l...
45.7K 1.2K 19
Florence Pugh/ reader imagines! Yelena Belova requests are welcome too, but they won't be of the romantic kind. She is aroace after all.
3.7K 26 16
sadly, I've decided to give up on this book. but still feel free to read it and if you want me to continue it please comment and give me ideas. I'm n...
6.8K 248 30
This is a combination of two challenges. The first half will be OTP based (the OTP being Deanlena) while the second half will be more personal. I ho...