Tenebrous β†  Volturi Kings {1}...

Oleh LiveLaughLoki

Rowan Ailes has always taken solace in the comfort of darkness. It was darkness that pulled her into its embr... Lebih Banyak

Summary
Cast
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
Epilogue
Sequel Announcement

035

20.6K 768 232
Oleh LiveLaughLoki

"Just another moment," Rose said. She was doing my hair, the last thing that had to be done short of putting on my bridesmaid dress.

"I can't believe today's the day," I said.

"Neither can I. I wasn't sure we'd ever see the day that Edward would get married," Rose said.

I giggled. "You're awful. I'm happy for them."

"So am I. Someday, this will be you," Rose said.

"Getting married? Yeah, I guess it will," I said. With all that had happened to me before Edward and Bella's wedding, I hadn't had much time to entertain the ideas about what my wedding would be like.

"The kings are very traditional, so you know what that means, don't you?" Rose asked.

I stared at her suspiciously through our reflection in the mirror. "You're not talking about sex, are you?"

"No! Get your mind out of the gutter," Rose scolded. "They'll have to ask Emmett for your hand."

"I didn't even think about that. I'll need a recording of that for sure so that I can literally watch it forever," I said, laughing.

"Hold still!" Rose said, though she too was smiling.

"Sorry," I apologized, biting back my laugher.

A couple more minutes passed before Rose stepped back and handed me a mirror. "Done. You look stunning."

"You think so?" I asked, swiveling around in the chair to get a good look from every angle.

"Of course. Let's go check on Bella, shall we?" Rose asked, motioning towards the hall.

I agreed, and we walked to where Alice was doing Bella's makeup in another room just down the hall. "Rowan, you look amazing!" Alice said, beaming when she saw me.

"Thanks, Alice. Bella, you look great," I said. Truthfully, Bella looked a little tired and slightly queasy, but I wasn't going to mention that. Once Alice finished her makeup, I was sure that no one would ever be able to tell.

"I can do your hair," Rose offered Bella. I was vaguely surprised, but Bella and Rosalie had been on continually better terms for quite some time now.

"Really?" Bella asked. She seemed more surprised at the offer than me, even though Bella had been the one to ask Rose to be another one of her bridesmaids.

"Please. I'm not offended by your choice of groom," Rosalie said, moving to stand in front of Bella's hair.

"Just my blatant lack of respect for mortality," Bella finished.

I giggled and Rose smiled. "Essentially."

"Weddings. They bring everyone together," Alice said fondly, hugging Rose. "How about we go take a look at your dress while she does Bella's hair, Rowan? I want to get an idea of the best way to get it on."

"That sounds good," I agreed. Due to the severely restricted movement of my shoulder, we had been forced to come up with creative ways for me to get into my dress. I didn't want to sacrifice the dress straps and leave my bandaged arm on display, which left us attempting to get me into the dress without causing debilitating pain in my shoulder.

"Here's the plan for when you get dressed," Alice said, her hands propped on her hips as we stared at the dress. "You'll get in like normal, but when we get to your arms, you'll have your arm hanging at your side so we can slide the strap up and around it as normal. There's no way we can get it on while you're wearing the sling, so you'll have to take it off. I think that's the smallest amount of movement I can get you to."

"It'll be fine, Alice. We'll just have to be very careful," I said. We returned just as Rose was finishing Bella's hair.

"Let me put the finishing touches on your makeup," Alice said, setting back to work on Bella.

"Did you figure something out with the dress?" Rose asked.

"Yes. But you heard," I said.

"It's polite to ask, Rowan," Rose said. "It's common etiquette; you'll learn once you've been changed."

"I know," I said. Renee, Bella's mother, walked in just as Alice finished the final touches on Bella's makeup. I liked Renee. She was rather scatter-brained, but so delightfully human and such a contrast to the perfection embodied by my vampiric family that I couldn't help but like her.

"Oh my gosh, you're so beautiful!" Renee gasped as she saw Bella, bringing her hands to her mouth, tears beading in her eyes. "Crap, my mascara!"

"Mom," Bella said with a smile. Alice passed Renee a handkerchief.

"Charlie, get in here!" Renee called.

Charlie, who was in earshot, appeared in the hall. "You sure? I don't wanna..." He trailed off as he saw Bella. She rose when he entered, looking shocked at the sight of him in a tux. "I know. I look hot," he said cheekily.

Rose and I glanced at each other, grinning. "We thought you needed something blue," Renee said.

Charlie opened a velvet box. "And something old. Besides your mother."

I snorted, and Renee looked unamused. "Ugh, nice."

"It was, uh, Grandma Swan's," Charlie continued.

"We added the sapphires," Renee said.

Bella took it carefully from the box. "It's beautiful, you guys. Wow. Thank you so much."

"It's your first family heirloom," Renee said as Bella had Alice place it carefully in her hair. "You can pass it on to your daughter... and her daughter." Renee was tearing up again.

Bella was quiet, and I knew why. She was going to be turned. She would never be able to have children. The thought of not having children had never bothered me; I wasn't really the nurturing type, and I had little experience with kids.

"Alright, alright! It's almost time. Bella, we need to get in our dresses and then we'll help you into yours," Alice said.

"I can help Rowan, Alice. How about you change and then you and Renee can help Bella," Rose suggested.

"Good thinking," Alice approved.

"Let's grab our dresses," Rose said, retrieving them from the closet. We returned together to the room we had been in before.

"I'll help you get dressed first," Rose said.

"Alright." She helped me get my arm from the sling and pull off the button-up shirt that I had been wearing. With my arm, it was one of the few things that I was able to slip on and off with little pain.

Once my pants were off, Rose helped me step into the dress and get it on. My shoulder ached unpleasantly as I was forced to move it further out than expected, but apart from that getting me in the dress went off without a hitch. Rose dressed once my sling was back on, and I hid a grimace as my shoulder throbbed in time with my heartbeat.

"Are you okay? I can tell that you're in pain," Rose said. I blinked. She had dressed quicker than I expected and now had a cold hand resting gently on my good arm.

"No, I'm fine. I just need a second. It'll fade," I said in a tight voice.

"Sit down, then." Rose steered me towards a chair. "I'll get you some water."

I gave her a murmured thanks. At least, whenever my wedding would come, my shoulder would be healed and I wouldn't have to worry about injuries like this.

"Here," Rose said, returning with a glass full of water. I took it with my good hand and drank about half before setting it aside. The burning, throbbing sensation in my shoulder faded.

"I think I'm good now," I said, standing.

"Good," Rose said.

"Everything alright in here? Bella is all dressed, five minutes until the wedding starts. Remember, Edward enters first, escorting Esme. Then you and Carlisle, followed by the rest of the bridesmaids and groomsmen, will come after," Alice said, poking her head in.

"I remember," I said.

"Good. The men are already waiting for you, and Charlie is with Bella, so hopefully nothing too disastrous will happen. We need to take our places," she continued.

"Let's get this show on the road, then," I said. I was excited, now that the time had come. I couldn't imagine how nervous Bella must be. "I want to stop in on Bella first, give her a word of encouragement."

"Sure, but hurry up!" Alice said.

Charlie and Bella were talking quietly in the room Rose and I had left them in.

"Hey, Bella," I greeted. "You look amazing. Edward is a very lucky man."

Bella blushed. "Thanks, Rowan. You look great, too."

"Thanks. Are you nervous? Stupid question, I know."

"Yes. This all seems like a dream," she said fervently. "I'm scared I'll wake up."

"It's all real, Bells. In ten minutes you'll be standing at the end of that aisle, saying your vows and becoming Edward's wife. We're about to be true sisters."

"We've always been true sisters," Bella said with a smile.

"C'mon, Rowan! Two minutes," Alice urged.

"You'll be fine, Bella. And I know Charlie won't let you fall," I said, shooting her dad a smile.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right," Bella said breathlessly.

"See you in the ceremony." I gave her one more reassuring smile before heading after Alice, downstairs to where the path to the ceremony had been elaborately laid out.

"Rowan," Carlisle greeted me, "you look lovely."

Emmett was ogling Rose but looked over when he heard my name. "My little girl! You look beautiful."

"Thanks, Dad. You don't look too bad yourself," I said, grinning.

"Thanks, pipsqueak." Emmett shot me a wink.

Jasper offered me a smile as Alice twirled under his arm. "You look magnificent, darlin'. All of you do. I'd say you outshine the bride, Alice, but I'm a bit prejudiced."

"I'm okay with that," Alice said, melting under his adoring look.

"We had better get in line," Carlisle said, offering me his arm. I looped my good arm through his. "How is Bella holding up?"

"Good. She's just nervous," I said. Alice and Jasper lined up behind us, followed by Emmett and Rose. Edward had started the walk down with Esme just as we had arrived, and I hadn't been able to speak with him.

"Now," Alice whispered from behind us.

"Showtime," I said softly, and nerves shot through me as Carlisle and I began our walk. What if I fell?

"Don't worry, I'll make sure you don't fall," Carlisle said, almost as if he had read my mind. I supposed he must have heard my heart rate pick up.

I took a steadying breath. "I know."

My eyes were drawn to my mates as soon as I spotted them. They were seated on the Cullen side, just behind the Denalis. Caius caught my eye and mouthed, 'Perfection.' I smiled and my nerves settled.

I took my place on the side of where Bella would be standing and locked eyes with Edward. She's beautiful.

He inclined his head in the slightest nod and I read his meaning. I know. He hadn't even caught glimpse of her yet. I shielded my mind so he wouldn't get a glimpse through my memories before she came down the aisle.

Alice and Rosalie took their places beside me, and Jasper and Emmett took their places by Carlisle. The music changed, the audience stood, and then I saw Bella, walking in on Charlie's arm, looking every bit like the radiant bride that she was.

I glanced towards Edward, wanting to see his reaction. I had never seen him smile as big as he was now. I knew that, to him, there was no one else present, and I hoped the photographer caught a picture of his face. No doubt Bella and Edward would renew their vows, as Rose and Emmett or Alice and Jasper often did, but no ceremony would be quite as special as this one.

Charlie handed Bella to Edward and the officiator had all be seated except for the bridesmaids and groomsmen. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here on this glorious day to witness the union of Edward Cullen and Bella Swan. Please repeat after me."

Bella and Edward recited their vows, lost in each other. It seemed like no time had passed, and then- "You may kiss the bride."

We cheered as they kissed. Bella was a Cullen and Edward was a hundred-year bachelor no more. We then recessed to the wedding reception, held only a short distance away, where I was met by all three of the kings. They were looking at me eagerly, greedily, like they had never seen me before. I blushed.

"You are entrancing," Aro breathed each word deliberately, taking my hand and pressing a gentle kiss to my knuckles.

"Breathtaking," Marcus murmured.

A rumble formed in Caius' chest as he nudged his way closer to me. "Ravishing."

"My handsome men," I said with an affectionate smile, straightening Caius' tie, discreetly squeezing Aro's hand, and looping my arm through Marcus'.

"Yours," Caius agreed.

"Come, let's mingle," I said, navigating easily through the throngs of people thanks to Marcus' impressive stature and quiet authority that easily parted people wherever he went. For story's sake, it had been decided that it was wisest for Marcus to continue with the title of boyfriend, though I highly doubted any of them were going to leave my side all night, and it was certain that I would be dancing with all three.

"Rowan, mi sombrita! Don't you look just lovely. So grown up," Aunt Carmen greeted me with a loose hug and a kiss to both cheeks.

"Thank you, tia. You look lovely as well," I said.

"And yet nothing outshines the lovely bride! We just spoke with her and Edward. We're so happy for them," Aunt Carmen said.

"As are we," I said. "I'm so happy to have Bella as my sister-in-law."

"She is a sweet girl," Eleazar agreed.

"Excuse me? Is this on?" Emmett's voice came over the speakers (not that he needed the volume boost) and I grinned.

"I didn't realize Emmett was making a speech. That is the job of the best man, I believed," Marcus murmured in my ear.

"Oh, it is," I said, smirking. "But I think it's open mic. Plus, Emmett likes to do things his way."

"Sounds like someone I know," Marcus said.

"Couldn't imagine who," I said, and Aro pulled out a seat for me before taking the one to my left. Marcus sat to my right, and Caius beside him. I turned my attention back to Emmett as he began to speak.

"Uh, hello? I'd like to propose a toast," Emmett said, raising his glass of champagne. Since I couldn't drink yet, I was stuck with the option of water or soda. "To my new sister. Bella, I hope you've gotten enough sleep these last eighteen years. Because you won't be getting any more for a while."

I stifled my laughter. It was just like Emmett to give a toast like that and I loved him for it. There was dead silence, but I muttered "Cheers," under my breath and my three mates lightly chuckled.

Several more people gave speeches, including me and most of my family. Renee even sang. Jessica's was probably the most ridiculous, as she spent most of it insulting Bella and suggesting that Edward should have been with her instead.

"With friends like her, who needs enemies?" I asked quietly.

"Humans," Caius mumbled. "Present company excluded, of course."

I shook my head good-naturedly. "Naturally."

Finally, after the first dance, we were free to wander and do as we pleased. I held hands with Marcus, and Caius and Aro followed after us.

"Shall we dance?" Marcus asked.

"We shall," I giggled. Marcus lead me in a quick-paced dance. Fortunately, mostly thanks to Edward, I knew how to dance passably well and was able to keep up.

"My, my, you are a good dancer," Marcus hummed.

"Edward went to great pains to teach me, so I should hope so," I said, laughing lightly.

"I don't have words to describe how it felt, seeing you up there," he said, leading me into a different dance as the music changed and the tempo slowed. "There was never any question, ever since we met you, that we would one day make you our wife."

"Are you proposing?" I asked, looking up at him.

He smiled. "No. My brothers would kill me if I did it now. But one day I will, and we'll make you our wife."

"I'll don't doubt it," I said, laying my head against his chest.

His voice was soft. "Never doubt it. Marrying you will the best decision I'll ever make."

Edited 6/26/2021

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

52.4K 1.7K 27
𝗙!𝗒𝗖 π˜… 𝗔𝗹𝗲𝗰 π—©π—Όπ—Ήπ˜π˜‚π—Ώπ—Ά Ellory Cullen is the youngest in the Cullen family, she had been turned by Carlisle upon her mother's request afte...
304K 14.5K 34
The Volturi is in shambles. The kings are barely on speaking terms, the guard is divided, and Rowan is caught in the middle. With the threat of the R...
723K 14.5K 32
*COMPLETED* Jasper met his mate when he was still under Marias control. They shared the title as second in comand in her army. Maria hated the fakt...
1.9M 49.6K 98
she had high hopes she would have a great ending to her life, but moving in with her dad and falling in love with a boy she shouldn...