Dark Despair (Book 2: Togethe...

By queennightfurious

"We're training everyone to ride dragons." Drago is back and has allied with Grimmel. Sky is the alpha, she i... More

Trigger Warnings
Prologue
Denial
Forgiveness
The First Rescue
The Rescues
Alive
Reveals
Preparing for War
Setting sail
War Cry
Love on the Battlefield
Grimmel and Drago
Worth it?
Aftermath of War
Fish makes us Understand
Dreamchaser
Soulmates
Toothless's Welcome
Memories
Defenders
Dragon Lady
Snoggletog
A/N #1
Delta
Magnar
Trillium
Captive
A/N #2
Too close
The Mist Disperses
Saving Mist
A/N #3
Chieftess
A/N #4
My life is CURSED
So close
Hiccup's Alive
And... He's back
Lessons and Setbacks
Seeing you again
Character guide

The Hidden World

102 1 4
By queennightfurious

Delta's POV

When I read about what had happened to Hiccup. I grew worried. I debated sending Sneaky back to the Hidden World but ruled it out because we wouldn't be far behind him anyway and we needed a guide around Grimmel's fleet.

*sigh*

"What's wrong?" Dimflight asked me.

"I-I can't deal with all of this. I feel as if-"

She smiled sadly at me"I understand. Leadership is not easy. Everyone depends on you for everything. I was the leader of my flock awhile back before I was captured by the Dragon Conqueror. I was captured because I sacrificed myself for my flock. But you. You are a natural. I've been watching you. I've seen- Oh... You are amazing. You have given yourself authority, you've gained respect, and you've established yourself to be strong enough to lead. You aren't willing to bend to anyone's request but are willing to listen. That shows perfect leadership."

"Really?"

"Of course."

"I've also been worrying about telling my dad about being a shifter."

"Why?"

"Because- Because I feel like he'll think that I've been lying to him for the past five years. Which I haven't. I've just been withholding the truth."

She nodded in understanding, "Maybe, if this war goes the way we want it to. You could tell him afterwards. Anything else you're worried about?"

I paused. Debating whether I should say anything, "Hiccup."

"Hiccup?"

I nodded, "He is raging at himself. He won't take the amount of rest he needs and he won't sleep. He's been working himself hard. Too hard. Blacksmithing weapons, improving armour, creating dragonroot antidote. He is angry. I- I've never seen him like this before."

After a minute Dimflight responded, "All you can do is be there for him. We'll be at the Hidden World by tonight."

I smiled at her.

12 hours later

Astrid's POV

I'd been trying to get Hiccup out of his rage. But I had only succeeded in getting him more angry at me.

"I don't want to stop, Astrid. If I do I won't get going again." He told me. Ohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Which after three weeks of this he finally told me why he was doing it.

"Hiccup..." He turned at my sudden change of approach.

He looked at me suspiciously.

"Hiccup... I didn't know. I wish I had known. You do realize that I'm here for you. That Heather is here for you. That Lagoon and Streak and Peace and Sky and Moon and Dawn are here for you. We love you, Hiccup. We all want to get Toothless back. But, you need to rest. If you don't what use will you be to him? What use will you be to anyone?" He stared at me and tears came to his eyes.

I opened my arms to him and he hugged me. I held him while he cried and he finally let go of his rage. He finally let himself stop.

"We'll get through this together," I told him.

He looked me in my eyes. "Together." He agreed while tears still ran down his face.

A few minutes later Rose came down and saw us. "They're here! Berk has arrived!"

Stoick's POV

We'd been flying for almost three days. We had taken a break for the last two nights and the next island we approached we would be our next stop.

Suddenly I started hearing a loud sound. Like water falling down a waterfall. I looked ahead and saw a mist coming from one spot up ahead. 

I was about to call for everyone to turn around when I heard Delta call, "We're here! Everyone follow me!"

She continued. Flying directly towards the waterfall. What I saw when we got there three dragons flew straight out the top. They were a Night Fury, a Deadly Nadder and a Razorwhip.

The three dragons had riders on them.

Delta flew right towards them. The Night Fury roared and was followed by every dragon in sight.

Three shadows, the riders jumped off the dragons and glided down onto my boat.

"Dad! You made it!" The figures took their helmets off.

"Son? Astrid?"

"Yes, you remember Heather don't you?"

"Ah! Heather." That's who the other figure is.

"So what's going to happen is that we're going to get you to anchor your ships here and Sky is calling some more dragons up to help carry you into the Hidden World." He explained.

"Okay. I'll let everyone know."

I started shouting at everyone. Telling them to lay anchor and wait for a dragon to come and pick them up.

After waiting for about five minutes everyone had laid anchor and was on a dragon. We took off and flew down the waterfall. 

We were met with a beauty beyond compare. A beauty that is so wonderful that it left us all speechless.

"Welcome, to the Hidden World. My home and the ancestral home of all dragons." Declared Hiccup loud enough for everyone to hear. The dragons smiled. Lucky for us most of the stacks around Hiccup's were empty so we all decided to move in there, for now.

Hiccup's POV

We reached my stack and everyone from Berk chose an empty part of a stack to live with their family and dragons for now.

I was about to shift into a dragon and go as a guard when I saw Darkstar fly up to me.

"I heard Berk was here." He said really excitedly.

"They are."

"Is-" He shifted nervously, "Is Delta here?" He said with a lot of hope.

"She is. Why?" I asked suspiciously.

"Uhhh... No reason. I just wanted to know. Do you know where she is?"

"Hiccup! Have you seen my knives!" Delta called.

"No! Why in the name of Thor would I know where they are? Furthermore, you just got here how did you lose them already?"

"Can you just come here!"

"Why?"

A long silence told me she wasn't going to answer.

"Fine! I'm coming!" Then I remembered Darkstar, "Sorry. I'll be right back."

"It's okay, take your time."

I walked into the cave Delta was waiting in. But, when I walked through the entrance she tackled me in a hug. "Congratulations!"

"I should've known better!" I said while laughing. "Tackled by my own little sister who just wanted to congratulate me!"

"Your right! That's exactly what happened!"

While she was laughing I changed into a Night Fury and flipped over.

"Oh! You want to play dirty, now do you? Well, I'll give you DIRTY!"

She also shifted I leaped off and ran out of the cave with her chasing close behind.

"I'm going to get you, Hiccup! I will-"

She skidded to a stop.

"Hey, Darkstar," Delta said shyly. Huh? She's never shy! Unless... Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

"Hi, Delta... How are you?" If Delta had been human right now I knew she would've been blushing.

"You know what. I'm going to go find Astrid. Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to see Astrid. Bye."

I flew off to find Astrid.

"Astrid, Astrid, Astrid, Astrid, Astrid!!!!!"

"Hiccup, what are you doing?" I looked around, sniffed, listened. Nothing.

"You can't tell anyone."

"Okay, I won't."

"I think. No, I'm positive. That Delta has a crush on Darkstar."

"No..."

"I know right! And I think Darkstar also likes Delta back!"

"How could you tell?"

"They were all awkward around each other and asking how they were doing and they were so nervous and shy and-"

"Hey, guys what are you talking about?" Asked Heather.

"Delta and Darkstar like each other, but don't know it." 

"No!!" She said in disbelief.

I glared at Astrid and she facepalmed. 

"I won't say another word about it."

"Fine. Whatever. By the way, I told Delta and Rowan that we're engaged."

"What!?" She yelled. Heather laughed.

"I only told them. Don't worry. They're my siblings and I wanted to tell them."

"Fine! But, no one else."

We stood there together, just the three of us enjoying the bit of peace we had in that moment before full out war broke loose.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 7.5K 34
Hiccup, a boy living in the village Berk. Being a weakling yet the son of the chief. Y/n, a girl flying on her Night Fury. Loving to be free. Flying...
36.2K 607 10
A Nightlight a species of the 'Unholy' offspring of death a Night fury and a Light fury, this is Y/n she is a Nightlight and a very powerful one, she...
98K 2.1K 25
There is dragon in Berk... But what if there is ... A half-dragon and a half-human... A white night fury who all human want to kill if they met you...
228K 4.5K 34
Banished from Berk for befriending a Night Fury, Hiccup and Toothless leaves Berk and they are never to return. They find civilisation on another vi...