Race Of His Life

By WinterFury10

"You, mister, are gonna be punished for the destruction you've caused," she said. "Pfft, like I even care." H... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Epilogue 2

Chapter 21

165 12 1
By WinterFury10

"For someone who spends billions ruining other's lives, Pitch sure can't seem to keep his garden clean!" Flynn groaned, pulling out another spiderweb from his hair. "I mean, Rapunzel would probably get a stroke at how poorly these trees have been treated."

"Seems like his creepiness and disgusting sense of style is still the same as ever." Elsa rolled her eyes, ducking behind another tree as a Nightmare flew overhead. "You can still sense them, right?"

"As clear as daylight," Flynn commented before he accidentally walked into another spiderweb. "My hair! My beautiful hair!"

"Honestly, Flynn, get over yourself!" Elsa hissed, eyes darting from side to side in search of any Nightmares around them.

"Suuuuure. I'll definitely need a long shower after this, though. I-" He shut up when he saw her glare and pointed in the direction of a huge door surrounded by Nightmares. "They're there."

Elsa eyed the door and the Nightmares before sighing and shaking her head. "There are way too many Nightmares out there. Isn't there any other way?"

"What? The great Elsa Winters is scared of a few mud horses?" Flynn scoffed.

Elsa's eye twitched in annoyance before she sighed. "You know I can't take on so many, Eugene."

He silently placed a hand on her shoulder and replied, "Elsa, we both know that you totally can take on each and every horse out there and destroy them completely. You don't have to fear using your powers. Heck, these are Pitch's Nightmares so fighting them might help you to overcome your fear! Please, Elsa, there are innocent lives at stake here."

Elsa pondered over his words for a minute before giving him a small smile. "When did you become so well-versed in pep talk?"

Flynn shrugged and smirked, rolling his eyebrows, "What do I say? My wife is amazing at everything and it just rubbed off on me."

Elsa snickered and shook her head before huffing in determination. "Well, thanks Eugene. But if I turn up bloody and bruised, I'm setting Anna onto you." She winked before walking towards the door.

"Wait what?" Flynn looked absolutely horrified as he chased after her. "Wait, Elsa, I'm pretty sure we can work out somethi- Elsa wait!"

.....

It was common knowledge among those interested in the Race of Rapidity that all the selection races up to the Light Cup always determined the strength, intelligence, and control over the powers of the players. But the Tachyons Cup was always different and unpredictable as the races were set up after the semi-finals with the racers' weaknesses and strengths kept in mind.

This time, the Tachyons Cup race track had six parts: the first one in a stadium where the audience would be present, four parts outside the stadium enclosed inside huge domes created by the Race Committee members of which each dome would consist of different obstacles, and one final unpredictable stage with obstacles and traps which change throughout the race leading back to the starting point. This last level of the race was an audience-favourite and had been used for the final race many times, including Elsa's final race.

"Oh my GOD, look at that speed! I'm not even able to follow them with my bare eyes!" The female announcer swooned, watching the race unfold on the screen.

The whole audience seemed to agree with her as they cheered and roared, huge screens around the stadium showing each of the racers while one huge screen showed their placements and locations.

"Currently, we have Jack Frost in the lead, with Hiccup Haddock and Hans Westergaard close by, followed by the youngest competitor to take part in the race ever, Dash Parr!" Announced the male speaker. "And now, all of our racers have finally entered the Blizzard!"

Jack continued speeding onwards, one ear focused on the reports from Manny while the other was focused on his surroundings. From what Manny was saying, the Blizzard was apparently Hans' weakness, who used his fire powers to control a fire-resistant hoverboard/surfboard or something, and such strong winds accompanied by the cold temperature was not good for his powers.

Since Hans was the one to come first in the previous year's race and the present year's selection races and also managed to beat Elsa in their race, Manny told Jack to be careful of him. But to Jack, this guy just seemed to be copying Elsa's techniques in controlling his powers, especially on that board of his. For example, instead of propelling himself around, Hans used his powers as if he was surfing and created boosters at the back of his board. In all honesty, Jack felt that Hans could've used his powers in a better way than try to copy Elsa.

And he sucks at it too. Jack thought bitterly, dodging another dangerously high peak which came into view only after he came into a five-meter radius around it. Elsa's powers are totally different from this cheapstake's and she uses them like a badass when she races. Shame that she doesn't use them a lot more. All thanks to the man who's helping me in my race right now and the fucker who has my sister and friend.

Jack started feeling bitter again, and only got his mind back into the game when he saw Hiccup flying beside him. And only then did he realise that Manny had been screaming in his ear this whole time.

"- the hell are you doing Frost?! Daydreaming in the middle of a race?! You don't have the liberty to go at your own pace in a freakin race! The dragon's almost onto you!"

"Okay, okay I get it! Geez," Jack rolled his eyes, shooting off into the distance, much farther than the other three racers. This level might be Hans' weakness but it was a power-up for him. They'd already gone through a maze with sea stacks which reached the sky -Hiccup's weakness, Jack assumed because it'd be difficult to continuously maneuver a dragon in a place where you'd slam into a sea stack at every turn- and were now stuck in Hans' weakness.

"Pay attention, Frost. Gather up as much power as possible from the cold around you, refresh yourself completely 'cause the next round is specifically made to tire out all of you. It's Dash Parr's weakness: he has stamina but not too much, and if he gets too tired, his speed reduces tremendously. But its gonna be hard for you too."

"Wait, what? How?!" Jack raised, gathering as much energy as he could from the cold before he was teleported to the next location.

Suddenly, he found himself in something like a huge hamster wheel, with a monitor next to it showing the number '0'.

"Quickly, control the wheel and spin it five hundred times!"

Knowing not to waste time by asking questions, Jack quickly froze the entire wheel and focused hard on rotating it. He noticed that the more the wheel rotated, the more the numbers increased on the screen. At first, it didn't seem like much but after finishing the 200th spin, Jack could feel sweat dripping down the side of his face. The amount of concentration and power it was taking him to spin a simple wheel was -in Jack's opinion- embarrassing.

Why didn't I practice my ice powers more? God, I should've listened to Elsa...

Unconsciously, his mind drifted off to her again. But this time, Manny didn't hesitate to screech so loud that Jack sword his ears were bleeding.

"I've told this a million times and I'm telling this again, keep your head in. The. Game! Do you wanna lose that badly?!"

"You know, you're doing a very bad job at monitoring me and getting me to concentrate, Manny." Jack commented dryly, letting out a sigh in relief when the number closed 500.

"I really can't help it if you have the attention span of a three-year-old Frost. Are you always this spacey?"

"Nope." Jack huffed, sending one last surge of wind which pushed the wheel to the 500th turn. He looked around and saw a door opening, and wasted no time in flying out. "Its only like this when I'm thinking about Elsa."

As expected, there were no words from Manny, and Jack didn't bother initiating the conversation as he was teleported again.

"What's the current order?" He asked, looking around the level that was supposed to be his weakness.

"You're leading, but you might end up last if you keep spacing out. Be careful, this place is full of active volcanoes. It will weaken you and will probably strengthen Hans, which you can't let happen." Manny answered, back to his professional voice.

"Oh, I really can't let that happen. I can't lose, not to that guy. After all, I have a score to settle with him." Jack smirked, diving headfirst into the volcano filled area.

"I didn't know you knew him personally," Manny stated, surprised.

"Never met him. Didn't care about him. At least not until Elsa told me how that asshole is the reason she lost. Can't leave this race without decking him a good one, you know..." Jack muttered, cursing as he almost flew right into an eruption.

Manny stayed absolutely silent before muttering words which made Jack proud:

"...give him a good kick in the stomach from my side."

Jack grinned, "Sure."

.....

"Are these the last ones or are there more?" Elsa asked, freezing all the remaining Nightmares.

"There are a few more inside. Shall we do the rescuing now?" Asked Flynn who had been standing by a wall, watching Elsa fight.

"Yeah, lead the way, fast." She opened the huge double doors and they took off into the dark mansion.

They ran side by side, turning directions many times in the dark and tall building. At one point, they reached the middle of the building where it was an open area and the floors above were circle-shaped leaving the middle area completely open. There was just a glass dome at the very top which covered the space.

Flynn guided Elsa as they stood on her ice which kept growing taller. They encountered many Nightmares on the way which Elsa battled pretty easily. And after rising through at least twenty floors, Flynn finally stopped her and pointed at a door on the wall which didn't have any floor or staircase in front of it.

Elsa extended her ice towards the door and they slid towards it. Flynn kicked the door open and Elsa easily froze the remaining Nightmares inside before going through two more doors. They finally found a knocked out Emma with dried blood all over her body and clothes and even splattered on the floor and walls.

That monster...

Elsa tried to keep her anger under control and focused on waking Emma up. She took the First Aid Kit from Flynn and wrapped the small girl's biggest injury on her head slowly and carefully just as the brunette stirred.

"Jack..." Emma whispered, her voice cracked and ragged, hearing which Elsa's heart broke a little further.

"When I see Pitch, I'm gonna kick him in the nuts at least 50 times for doing this to such a small girl..." Flynn muttered, kneeling down next to Elsa before taking Emma's cold hand and rubbing it to provide warmth.

"...J-ack...!" Emma muttered again, stirring more, a desperate expression on her face.

"It's alright honey," Elsa whispered, gently stroking Emma's hair, "Jack is fine and he's doing his best to finish his race so he can see you. Now I want you to do your best to keep breathing, okay? I'll get you to Jack, I promise you, Emma."

Emma stirred again and yelped before her hand went to her waist in pain.

Elsa and Flynn glanced at each other in worry before Elsa held her with one arm and lifted the girl's skirt up, while Flynn helped her to hold Emma without causing any pain to the small girl.

Elsa's eyes widened when she saw Emma's camisole and leggings having blood stains and cuts in various places. She slowly lifted the camisole and her heart burned in fury and pain when she saw cuts and whip scars on the thin body.

She quickly wrapped her up in bandages with Flynn's help, trying to blink away the tears that had emerged after seeing the wounds. She then held the girl in her arms as they both stood up and after handing her to Flynn, she blasted open the windows and created a huge ice pillar on which she stood before turning around.

Flynn didn't follow her as he focused on feeding water to Emma who had slowly woken up while coughing. Elsa quickly rushed to their side and took the bottle from Flynn before feeding it to her.

Emma gladly took huge gulps of water, and then coughed out the rest as she hissed and held her navel. A few tears poked out of her eyes before she finally opened her eyes and saw her rescuers.

"Who are you?!" Emma screamed in panic, struggling to get out of Flynn's arms. She kneed Flynn in his jaw and tried to jump out of his grasp but was stopped by Elsa who held her by her shoulders, gently but firmly.

"Emma, calm down! We're here to save you! We're Jack's friends!" Elsa informed, trying not to put too much strength into holding Emma who thankfully paused.

"You're friends of Jack?" She asked, looking nervously between Flynn and Elsa.

"Yup." Elsa smiled.

"How do I believe you? The man who kidnapped me said the same thing!" Emma grabbed Elsa's hands and tried to push her off.

Elsa removed one hand from Emma's shoulder before holding it up as a small ice figure of Jack's curved staff took form.

Emma's eyes widened as she took the small stick into her hands, "That's Jack's staff before it changed... Are you his old friend?"

Elsa gave a bigger smile and shook her head, "Nope. But I do know how to annoy him." She gave a wink, which finally made the small girl smile. "We know what happened Emma, and we're here to save you. Jack is fighting hard right now to ensure you have a bright future and who better to cheer him on than his own sister? Do you trust us?" She held out her hand, leaning close to Emma.

Emma slowly and hesitantly took her hand before giving her a small smile again. "Thank you for coming to save me."

"It's our pleasure, honey." Elsa smiled, before turning to the window.

"By the way, I'm Flynn Rider but you can call me Eugene or whatever you want, little lady. And that cool woman is Elsa." Flynn finally spoke, letting Emma sit comfortably in his arms as he moved his jaws in different ways.

"I'm sorry for kicking you. And Elsa? As in Elsa Winters, the legendary racer?" Emma asked, looking back at Elsa with huge eyes.

"Yup, that's her. But let's not bring that up when she's hearing us, okay?" Flynn grinned.

Emma tilted her head in confusion but nodded anyway.

Flynn then proceeded to inquire if she was hurting anywhere else before Elsa gestured him to step on the ice. They reached the ground as Emma listed where it hurt and when she ate and drank last.

Putting away their anger at Pitch, Flynn and Elsa worked on her injuries. As Flynn wrapped a bandage around her waist, Elsa pulled out some food for the girl to eat.

"Emma, honey, when were you brought here?" Elsa asked, handing her a sandwich.

Emma munched for a few seconds before replying, "The other day, Aunt got a call and since she was upstairs, I answered. And it had been Jack. He told me to tell Aunt May that he's waiting at the abandoned airport. But right after the call ended, I was about to head upstairs when the doorbell rang. When I opened the door, a man with black hair and golden eyes told me that he was Jack's friend and asked me if I'm Emma. When I said yes, he suddenly grabbed my head. The next thing I knew, I blacked out and woke up in that room you found me in. The same man- he-" Emma paused, shivering as she held Elsa's hand tightly.

"Emma, you don't have to tell us if you don't want to. Please don't force yourself," Elsa consoled her, holding back tears at the plight of such a young girl.

Emma bit her lip and nodded. Elsa and Flynn shared a glance before the latter pulled the small girl on her lap as he fed her a sandwich while Elsa took out her phone and dialed Tooth's number.

"Hello? Elsa is everything okay?" Tooth asked, screaming a little to drown out the noise behind her.

"Yes Tooth, everything's fine. We have Emma and we'll quickly be leaving to the stadium once she's done eating." Elsa informed, walking a little distance away from Flynn and Emma.

"Oh thank God! Wait, what about Jamie?" Asked Tooth, suddenly concerned more.

"Wait, he's here too?" Elsa blinked in confusion.

Just then, she heard Flynn yell out her name and a loud scream that sounded an awful lot like Emma. She ran towards them and saw a Nightmare biting Flynn's forearm while another pulled Emma by her shirt from the other side.

Anger bubbled in Elsa as she summoned her powers and impaled both the Nightmares with many huge icicles. They still continued to struggle so Elsa, who was pissed off at that point, impaled them so much that they burst into black sand. Not wanting to risk it, she quickly froze the sand and spread it wide and thin.

She quickly went to Flynn and treated his wounds before checking on Emma, who was starting to shake. Elsa took her into her arms and hugged her close, gently rubbing her back as she whispered reassurances into her ears. This went on for a few minutes until Emma pulled back and thanked her.

"I need to go back inside," Elsa handed Emma to Flynn before standing up, "there's another person who's locked in there, and we can't take Emma back inside again. You stay here with her. I'll be back with the person and then we leave at once."

"But Elsa," Flynn stopped her, "how did those Nightmares appear? You froze each one of them and I know there weren't any other left! So how...?"

"It's probably because I just froze them inside ice blocks and didn't completely destroy them. They're all probably breaking out of the ice as we speak." She pursed her lip in thought. "Flynn, quickly search for any other presence inside the building. Quick!"

Flynn used his powers and after a few seconds, his eyes went wide. "Elsa, there are few more in there! Three more to be exact! All of them are underground! Just go through the double doors and break the floor! You'll find them!"

"Why didn't you sense them before, you ass?!" Elsa hissed, holding her hands up which started to glow.

"I was searching specifically for Emma so I couldn't sense any other human presence inside." Flynn shot back.

"Whatever. I'll go in and save them, and I'll attract every Nightmare towards me. But just in case..." She stepped back and enclosed them in an ice dome, which had just two openings the size of her hand so that they don't suffocate inside.

"You do have your pan, right?" She asked Flynn before she could leave.

He grinned and brought out his trusted frying pan from behind his back before twirling it in his hand.

Elsa shook her head lightly with a smile on her face, already used to Flynn's antics. She conjured up a snow horse, which neighed loudly as it came to life. She quickly got on it's back before turning back to Flynn and Emma.

"Call up Tooth and tell her that we're rescuing the others as well. Knowing Pitch, he probably kidnapped someone related to the other racers. We don't want him to get his way now, do we?" Elsa smirked.

Flynn gave her a thumbs up and pulled out his phone. Emma got out of his grasp and stood at the opening, looking at Elsa with concern.

"Will you come back safely?" She asked, voice shaking in fear.

Elsa gave her a smile as she got down from the horse and held Emma's hand through the opening. "I'll be back as soon as possible, Emma. Just stay with Flynn and relax okay? You're safe now, and I won't let anything happen to you. Take this," Elsa gave her a small snowflake keychain in which the middle circle was standing out like a button, "if you both are in trouble and the dome breaks, press the button in the middle and I'll come at once, okay?"

Emma held the keychain and Elsa's hand for a few more seconds before nodding. "Please be safe," she said as she let go of her hand.

"I will," Elsa gave her one last smile before closing the hole with ice again.

Elsa gave Flynn a nod before she mounted her horse. She burst through the double doors and came face to face with a huge ocean of Nightmares.

"Well, this isn't gonna be as easy as last time," she muttered.

.....

Bonus:

"So, how come you recognized Elsa so quickly but your dumbass of a brother had to see her awards and newspaper article to even know about her?" Flynn asked, trying to distract Emma from any pain she might be experiencing. 

"Jack used to watch the television a lot when we were younger but as mom grew old, he had to work for our income as well so he didn't get to consume a lot of media, which was around the time Elsa started appearing in the public. And then he completely focused on earning money which was when Elsa became really popular. I was just sitting at home most of the time so I became a huge fan of Elsa, I guess..." Emma trailed off, staring at the entrance of the building where Elsa had disappeared into.

"Hey, don't worry too much. Elsa is a lot more powerful than we know." Flynn smiled reassuringly before an evil grin slid onto his face, "How about I tell you how we ended up befriending Jack and all the stupid things he used to do when Elsa was around."

"Oohhh, yes please!"

A/N : Please do express your thoughts and comments! Even a single nice comment is very inspiring and gets me writing faster and its always fun to read everyone's opinions of my fanfic :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.6K 2.8K 31
Jack Frost was a insider, he doesnt have a family and lives in his mansion alone with his servants He lost his family when he was only 8 in a terrib...
103K 3.8K 50
I don't own any of the characters. All of them are from Disney or DreamWorks. Elsa was new in Fatalery High School with her sister, Anna. They met tw...
529K 20.2K 54
#35 in Action 20th April 2015. #415 in Fanfiction 21st September 2015. She finally found her inner self and her courage, the will to live. That's whe...
85.5K 2.2K 26
The story takes place months after Elsa has found her happiness. After reports of crystallized black ash are found sweeping through Arendelle, pe...