Brave Bold Belle (ft. Liam Pa...

By BelWatson

I've always been a different kind of girl. That girl whose best friends were books but never kids her age, an... More

Before Reading!
Prologue - Unwanted Fairy-tale
Chapter 1 - The Deal
Chapter 2 - The Contract
Chapter 3 - The Jerk
Chapter 4 - Invitation
Chapter 5 - Birthday Party
Chapter 6 - Lies
Chapter 7 - The Treat
Chapter 8 - Tabloids
Chapter 9 - The Dress
Chapter 11 - Ariel Hamilton
Chapter 12 - Girlfriend's Duty
Chapter 13 - Fake Date
Chapter 14 - Nicer
Chapter 15 - Introductions
Chapter 16 - Premiere
Chapter 17 - A Thank You Dinner
Chapter 18 - Unnecessary Things
Chapter 19 - Thoughtful
Chapter 20 - Effort
Liam's POV
Chapter 21 - Meeting the Family
Chapter 22 - Rehearse Dinner Party
Chapter 23 - Disaster
Chapter 24 - New Approach
Chapter 25 - Boyfriend
Chapter 26 - Proud
Chapter 27 - A Good Kisser
Chapter 28 - Blurry
Chapter 29 - Paris
Chapter 30 - Like A Real Couple
Chapter 31 - Ethics
Chapter 32 - Brussels
Bonus Content: Waking Up
Chapter 33 - Walls
Chapter 34 - Weight
Chapter 35 - Deadline
Chapter 36 - Breakup
Chapter 37 - Wedding
Chapter 38 - Goodbye
Chapter 39 - Moving On
Chapter 40 - Fighting
Epilogue - For Happy Endings

Chapter 10 - The Call

56.7K 3.1K 463
By BelWatson

   I thought my opinion on Liam was bad and that it couldn’t get worse. I only saw him as a stuck-up rockstar who couldn’t care less about anyone else but himself. But of course, there’s always room for improvement… or to make things worse. 

It was naïve of me to think that Liam wasn’t going to butt in again and make sure I bought the kind of dress he would approve of. I was foolish to think that buying the dress was the end of the issue, because oh no, Liam had to make sure things could drag on even more so that my opinion on him could get even worse. I don’t know if he does that on purpose or what, but it’s annoying.

“Why don’t you want to show me the dress?” he exclaims loudly over the phone.

I sigh, asking myself how I ended up in this situation. I thought he was calling just to make sure I found a dress but he’s been nagging me to show it to him for ten minutes already. It’s not that I want it to be a surprise or anything, it’s just that I don’t like giving in to all his whims. I’m the one who’s going to wear the dress and I know it’s suitable for a premiere. Even Havi said so. I don’t like doing all what Liam says without even putting a fight. I guess it’s my pride kicking in.

“Because you don’t need to see it,” I reply for the third time. “I bought it and it’s a good one. That’s all you need to know.”

“But I want to make sure it’s a good dress!” he insists and I roll my eyes.

He’s a guy, what could he possible know about dresses? He probably has a whole team that take care of what he wears all the time and are in charge to make him look flawless.

“Well, you’ll have to trust me here.”

“How can I trust you when you always look so plain?” he snaps in a very annoyed tone and I take a sharp breath.

Plain? Did he really have to say that?

I clench the mobile in my hand, my knuckles probably going white. With my other hand I pinch the bridge of my nose, doing my best to stay calm and not storm off my home and go kill him. He really is horrible, why can’t he be a bit more thoughtful and mind his words before he opens his mouth? We can’t have a conversation without him finding a way to insult me.

“Pardon?” I breathe out and he doesn’t reply.

I know I don’t dress with the latest trends because, in all honesty, I don’t have the extra money to spend on things that are not strictly necessary. Plus, I’m a teacher, not some flashy model or whatever he dated before. I have to look respectable, even if I’m only twenty-one.

“Why is so hard for you to show me a picture of the dress? I just wanna know you didn’t pick a boring dress, that’s all,” he tries one more time, not even bothering to apologise for insulting me before.

“Ugh, fine, you jackass,” I say, still really pissed that he can be so detestable.

Without hanging up, I go for the dress and put it on my bed for display. I love the dress, it’s absolutely beautiful. There’s no way he can’t complain about it, I’m even a bit worried it might be too much. Then I snap a picture and send it to him before I put the mobile against my ear again.

“Fine, I sent you a picture of the dress.”

“Okay, don’t hang up,” he says and I sigh, knowing that he must be seeing the picture. My eyes wander over the dress and a little smile crawls to my lips at the sight. “Belle, what’s that? It’s a premiere, not your wedding!” is the next thing I hear and what makes me snap back to reality.

“W-what?” I stutter, taken aback by his reaction.

“For real, what were you thinking? A white long dress? It’s a premiere for an action movie, you can’t wear that,” Liam complains and I blink quickly, not believing what I’m hearing.

“Are you for real? The dress is absolutely gorgeous and elegant. It doesn’t matter what kind of movie, it’s still a premier. And didn’t you want to stand out?”

“Not because you look like a wannabe bride! The media needs to see I’m dating a hot chick, not some wedding obsessed girl.”

“It doesn’t look like a wedding dress! Have you even seen one? And it doesn’t even matter what you think, I’m the one who’s gonna wear it and I love it.”

“Absolutely no. You won’t wear that if you go with me. If you love it you can keep it for when you get married, I don’t care, just go a buy something appropriate for the premiere. Something sexy. I dunno, some short and tight thing, you know, like any other girl would wear,” he suggests and my eyes widen.

“You’re impossible,” I mutter. “What do you want? The media to think you’re dating a slut? If that’s what you want why don’t you hire a hooker instead? I thought you wanted a girlfriend to go to this premiere, not just a whore.”

I hate that he tries to reduce me to that, to a mere accessory for him to walk down that stupid red carpet. I hate that he thinks he can decide what I wear or that he can treat me like this. I know I was hired to date him, but I never agreed to be humiliated like this. And this is only over a dress for a premiere, what’s next?

“I just don’t want my girlfriend to look like a weirdo in the premiere. Is that a crime?”

“You have no idea and I can’t even deal with you anymore. I’ll wear the dress that day and you’ll see it was the right choice. If I have to go with you to that, I want to at least feel comfortable so stop complaining because you can’t control me!”

And without going any further, I hang up and make sure to turn off my phone because I don’t want to talk to him again.

There’s a difference between hiring someone and owning someone. And he wasn’t even the one who hired me! It was his label and Havi represents them, she’s the one in charge of me and if she approves of the dress, then my boss approves of the dress. Liam is not the boss of me and he can’t dictate what I wear. He can’t think he can control me because he’s just my pretend boyfriend.

Ugh, I think that I have to deal with him six months and my stomach hurts. I have to put up six months with situations like this one. Thinking about that makes me want to go to the label right now and ask them to spare me the torture.

Why couldn’t he just be really shy so he needed help to get a girlfriend? Why couldn’t he be gay? I would rather deal with being someone’s beard instead of a jerk who just couldn’t bother to look for a girlfriend himself. He doesn’t even care if he has feelings for her or not, he just wants someone to show off.

I take the dress from my bed and put it back in the bag and hang it in my wardrobe. Then I just lie on my bed with my face buried in my pillow, still too pissed with Liam, pissed with myself for accepting this deal and overall, pissed that I still have six months to go. This is just starting and I’m already done with it.

He’s a complete beast!

I’m starting to believe my mother cursed me the day she decided to name me Isabelle so she could call me Belle, just like her favourite princess. Because now I’m stuck up with this beast for my father’s sake and believe me, this situation sucks. Do you want to know why? Because in the fairy tale the beast is ugly outside as a punishment for they way he behaved. Liam is not being punished, he’s still gorgeous outside so he has no motivation to improve his attitude, which is what’s horrid. The Beast wants to be human again and that’s why he tries to fall in love, to improve, but Liam doesn’t have that pressure on him. No witch will come to test him and punish him for being rude and I’m already trapped with him.

This version of the fairy tale sucks so bad!

Why do I have to be trapped in this twisted version? Even if he falls in love with me or something crazy like that, love is not magic, it won’t fix him or something like that. The whole cliché of ‘fixing’ the other person is nothing but bullshit. If you love someone, why would you want to change that person? If you change them then it means you never really loved that person but what you built in your mind of him or her, that fantasy of what that person could be, meaning something that wasn’t real. I can’t fall in love with a fantasy and there’s no way I could fall in love with Liam as he is right now. Love won’t fix him because no matter how it happened, he is this way now. Plus, love is no magic spell that can change a person or conquer it all. That’s just a lie that society has put into everyone’s mind. Love can only be a motivation to do something, but it’s not love what produces the change, it’s always you. You, because you want to change to be better for that other person. You, only you can change, no one else. And I see no way in which Liam would want to change, especially not for someone as plain as me, someone he didn’t even pick.

Then what can I do? This is not The Beauty and the Beast, this is real life and whether I want it or no, I have to deal with this beast for six months. Unless I want to jump off a bridge, I need to find a way.

Liam Payne is basically rude, obnoxious, immature, selfish and inconsiderate. I don’t love him and he doesn’t love me, I’m sure we don’t even like each other so there’s no motivation for him to want to change. But I can teach him, I could train him or something to be, at least, a bearable person. It’s not changing him, it’s controlling certain behaviours that are socially unacceptable. He’s a person who has to deal with public, his fans and the media, hence he needs to be nice or at least polite. I could teach him some manners.

My mother might have chosen the worse princess to name me after, and the worst fairy tale to wish for, but she did teach me manners. She was a lady and I’m sure she could make of Liam a gentleman in no time. I surely can do the same, even if I have to go all Pavlov on him.

That’s it. If this is some twisted version of The Beauty and the Beast, then I shall be Belle but without falling in love. I’ll have to make him human again, and by human I mean a nice boy that won’t make me want to kill him or kill myself.

Yes.

I can do that, I can teach him and take this whole situation by the horns. Not because I was hired for this I have to take all the crap Liam throws at me. I can react, I can try to make things better for myself. I’m sure that if I do this, the label will be very grateful.

I’ve been told that Liam used to be a good guy and although I think that part of him is long gone, maybe there’re still some ashes and I can reach them. He’ll never be the guy he used to be, but he might become less of a jerk.

I have to at least try.

-:-:-

500 votes for the next update before Sunday?

Bel, xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163 11 13
"You wanna know what I think Ryder..." I mumbled across the room. "What" he said coldly. With tears brimming in my eyes I tryed to hold myself toget...
305 2 29
Princess Morgan Annie Spencer. That's my name. I've had it for almost 200 years (certain travels may vary). My sixteenth birthday is in about a two m...
Her Last Wish By Bia

Teen Fiction

683K 20.4K 39
Tiana Collin's life is horrible and she knows this. With an abusive father and a druggie for a mother and with absolutely no friends at school, she d...
487 158 29
I only ever met one man I'd call truly noble. He was a man who was misunderstood and worthy of the world, yet everyone saw him differently. That was...