Stay With Me

E1izabethWrites

When Feng He asked Cheng Qing to live with him, he ignored all the reasons it was a bad idea. The relationshi... Еще

Author's Note and Disclaimer
Stay With Me
Ch 1. The Apartment
Ch 2. The Bed
Ch 3. The Kitchen
Ch 4. The Stairwell
Ch 5. The Real Issue
Ch. 6: Letting Go
Ch 7. The Intimate Breakfast
Ch 8. The Fanfiction Page
Ch 10. The Gummy Bear Heaven
Ch 11. The Mother & Father
Ch 12. The Dark
Ch 13. Number One Fan
Ch 14. The Love Note
Ch 15. The Promise

Ch 9. The Movie Set

350 15 1
E1izabethWrites

Or, Feng He doesn't think it's a good idea to let people know just what is up with them yet

Cheng Qing got a call from his manager while he was helping Feng He cook lunch. Helping, by his definition, involved watching Feng He cook and giving unwelcome suggestions about what he should be doing differently just to see if the other man would get angry with him.

Feng He was eternally patient and just ignored him or laughed at his more outrageous options. For that Cheng Qing rewarded him with kisses that made him blush and try to get away. Except he couldn't leave their meal unattended and found himself once more in Cheng Qing's arms listening and laughing and loving him.

They were interrupted by the shrill ringing of Cheng Qing's phone.

"Hello." He answered distractedly as he tried to handle his phone and keep Feng He in his grasp.

"There's a role I think you might be interested in." Hsiao Ming said without preamble.

Cheng Qing swiped a carrot from the cutting board and earned a slap to his wrist from Feng He. He was laughing at Feng He's put out look even as he continued with his conversation. "What is it about?"

"It's a period drama, and they want you to play a love interest to the main character."

"That sounds interesting." But Cheng Qing was worried about one thing. "What's the production time line?"

"They want to start filming in the next three months or so. It's the only reason I thought of you. It will be after you finish with your final exams."

"So why are they starting so early."

"Pre-production starts now. If you are part of the cast they have to do costumes, composites for the CGI team, not to mention you have to learn your lines, learn the choreography, meet all the other actors – whom they haven't finalized yet. I mean...you know how this goes already."

"I do. I just need to know how much time it will take. I don't want to promise then find I can't deliver because I have other commitments."

Hsiao Ming let out a bark of laugh. "That's a very mature attitude. I guess being with Feng He has been good for you."

"Yeah he has." He didn't realize how dreamy his voice was until Feng He slapped him over the head. He cleared his throat and repeated. "It's been really nice here."

"What is going on with you?"

"Nothing...just enjoying the feeling of being an ordinary student."

"Sure...whatever you say." Said his manager with a scoff. "I'll send you the details and you can decide what you want to do."

"Thanks."

He hang up and immediately returned to Feng He hoping to swipe another carrot but he was too late. Everything had already gone into the pot and Feng He was stirring slowly to mix it. Cheng Qing didn't think Feng He had been paying attention to his conversation but the other man finally put a lid on the pot and turned to him, "Was that an offer for something."

"Yeah...there's an offer for a film."

"Sounds good."

"Yeah. But you know what my priorities are right now." When Feng He just stared at him he added, "You and school."

"I'm a priority?'

"My number one priority." Cheng Qing said laying a kiss on him.

It was still fun to watch Feng He blush, something he did with amazing frequency consideration all they were to each other and everything they had done together.

They were almost done eating lunch when the doorbell rang. Cheng Qing got up to get the door and was surprised when Hsiao Ming walked in. His manager handed him an envelope as he accepted the invitation to come in.

"Would you like to have something to eat?" Feng He offered.

"Actually no. I was hoping to steal Cheng Qing away for a couple of hours."

"What for?" Cheng Qing asked.

"I want you to meet with the producer and the writer. They are eager to meet you and I thought..."

"But I haven't decided anything yet. Isn't it premature?"

"I think this will help with the decision." Hsiao Ming said quickly.

"I guess we could go for an hour or two." Cheng Qing said considering the invitation. Then he looked at Feng He. "Are you coming?"

"Sure...I wouldn't mind."

The two finished their food quickly and left the dishes in the sink for later. Hsiao Ming preceded them out of the door while the boyfriends followed a little slower. Feng He was locking the door when Cheng Qing pressed against him, intent on stealing a kiss but Feng He pushed him away. "Don't...he can see."

Cheng Qing looked over at Hsiao Ming but his manager's attention was entirely taken up by the display above the elevator bank. His mouth was really close to Feng He's ear when he whispered, "I don't think he cares."

Feng He was trying his best to be discrete but Cheng Qing seemed determined to show off. "Why are you doing this? You're not like this in school."

"We are not allowed to be like that in school. Right now I can do whatever I want."

"Just...stop."

They walked into the elevator and Cheng Qing started teasing Feng he. He couldn't make a scene because Hsiao Ming was right there so even though he tried to keep Cheng Qing from touching him, caressing him, kissing him...he could only get so far in the enclosed space.

It was easier when they got to the car and Feng He sat at the back while Hsiao Ming drove and Cheng Qing sat shot gun. But Cheng Qing kept looking back to talk to Feng He. The action earning a look from Hsiao Ming that reeked of his full awareness that there was something going on between them.

At the set Cheng Qing followed Hsiao Ming to a meeting room while Feng He remained in the main studio area. It was empty right now and there were only a few people milling around so Feng He just walked around aimlessly. Looking at the various rigs and dollies, the lights and other equipment that went into making movies.

Hsiao Ming walked into the meeting room where an older man was sitting at the far end of a long table. "I'd like you to meet Tsai Mi-chieh*, the producer of the show." The older man came over and greeted them cordially accepting Cheng Qing's respectful bow before ushering him to sit. "Yang Yi-hua* will join us shortly."

[Author's note: if you've read the disclaimer you'll already know these are the original producer/director and writer of HIStory 1: Stay Away From Me respectively.]

Discussing the idea for the show was easy. It was something they were eager to work on and they were particularly happy that Cheng Qing was considering it. "But you know it will require a lot from you."

"I understand." Cheng Qing said to both Mi Chieh and Yi Hua. Hsiao Ming nodded his head in agreement, silently assuring them that he would be there to keep Cheng Qing in line.

"Then I think it's only a matter of formalizing the contract and getting to work." Mi Chieh said drawing smiles from everyone in the room.

Cheng Qing walked out of the meeting feeling like he hadn't ever before. Not only was this the easiest audition he'd ever been on before, it felt great to be the first choice for something. He was looking forward to working with people who were good at their job and had passion for the project. It infused him with excitement just to imagine what it might be; cementing the idea that this was an opportunity he could not turn down in all fairness.

Cheng Qing was already familiar with most of the crew on this production and he was looking forward to working with them. In essence he had received his wish to work on a great project with great people and he didn't even have to leave the country as he'd feared before.

He was so excited about this development that he lunged at Feng He the minute he saw him. "I got the part."

"Without auditioning." Feng He asked dubiously.

"Don't you trust my skill?" Cheng Qing asked a little worriedly but he smiled anyway. "They say I'll be perfect for it."

"What kind of role...?"

"Something special." He whispered in Feng he's ear getting the same glare of disapproval as before.

Feng He took several steps away from him and started walking towards the car. Cheng Qing grabbed his arm and linked his with Feng He's. The other man tried to pull away but Cheng Qing wouldn't let go. There was no way to stop a scene from developing if he insisted so he allowed it even though he sent a glare at Cheng Qing again.

"What is wrong with you?" Cheng Qing whispered when they were standing by the SUV waiting for Hsiao Ming to join them.

"Do you have to be so obvious?" Feng He asked in a harsh whisper as he once again tried to get away from Cheng Qing's grasp. The large vehicle offering a cover from prying eyes and giving him the opportunity he needed to admonish his partner.

"Why not?" Cheng Wing answered carelessly. "I like being able to show everyone who you belong to."

"Won't it be a problem for you?"

His concern was brushed aside by Cheng Qing's happy smile. "Are you worried about me?"

Feng he shrugged and turned away from Cheng Qing but he could still see the frown that was marring his face and the slight pout he was trying to hide. "Everyone here is okay but it doesn't seem like you are."

"I just don't think we should make an announcement." Feng He said, still keeping to his harsh whisper even though there was nobody around to hear him. Cheng Qing invaded his personal space and pinned him to the car. Feng He automatically put his hands against Cheng Qing's chest to push him away but the other man didn't budge. "What are you trying to do?"

"I'm trying to show you how little it matters." Cheng Qing said leaning forward and pecking Feng He's nose. The other man brushed against it angrily like he was trying to clear away the evidence of the contact but Cheng Qing did it again. Then he kissed his cheek. Only to have Feng He glare at him and look around wildly like he was expecting someone to jump out at them. "What do you think they will do even if they find us?"

"You could get fired. They could decide they don't want to work with you."

"There are many place were that could happen. But this isn't one of them." Cheng Qing said with conviction.

"How do you know?" Still doubtful Feng He had grabbed onto his jacket and was worrying the fabric between his fingers like it would calm him down.

"I just know." Cheng Qing said unsure how to explain what he knew to the other man.

Just then Hsiao Ming showed up and Feng he once again tried to get away. But Cheng Qing just held on tight to his hand and dragged him into the car when the manager finally opened it to let them in. "Sit with me back here." He offered not really waiting for Feng He to accept before pulling tight against his side.

"A Qing...please...could you..." Feng He begged.

"Ah...don't worry. I already know about this. Cheng Qing has been less than discrete about his feelings for you." Hsiao Ming said with a laugh.

"He has?" Feng He asked incredulously. "You have?"

"I wasn't really trying to hide...but I wasn't sure...so I didn't know if I could..."

"I think he's just been waiting for you to give him the go ahead."

"Really?" Feng He of Cheng Qing incredulously. "But what about the people you are going to work with, they might not be as understanding.

"I wouldn't worry about that considering..." Hsiao Ming said with a chuckle.

"Considering what?"

"The role they offered him is of the male lead's lover." His manager said as he finally started the car and drove them home.*

[Author's note: I really wanted to go with Duke Wu's role in HIStory 3: Make Our Days Count after I got to see him in it but 'nephew of the second gay couple's male lead' didn't have quite the same ring to it.]

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

The Emperor and his lover Denise

Исторические романы

121K 5.8K 96
Historical Romance Wang Lei, a powerful and unbeatable Emperor of the Wang Dynasty. He is famous, and brave and people fear him. He is known to be...
518K 33.9K 60
{A YiZhan Mpreg story} Two people from two different world, one of them, Wang Yibo is happy and focused on his work, he is on the way of fulfilling...
86.4K 3.9K 30
Is it okay to fall in love again? What If they'll hurt me again? What if they will used me again? ------------------------------------------------ ...
161K 10.3K 87
*** PLEASE READ STOLEN MEMORIES ARE NEVER FORGOTTEN FIRST****** They say that people change after they get married. Wei Ying and Lan Zhan have been...