Surreptitious - JenLisa

By SunsetnRainbow

The boundary between life and death is at best shadowy and vague. Who's to say where one ends and the other b... More

Prelude
Lalisa Manoban
Jennie Kim
Indemnity
Inhibitions
Revelations
Genesis
Circumstance
Awakening
Lycanthropy
Clandestine War
Confrontation
The Heat
Flourish
Countdown
Territorial
Truth Be Told
The Art of War - Part 1
The Art of War - Part 2
The Art of War - Part 3
Metamorphose
Light at The End of Tunnel
Transition End
Second Dawn
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Overture
Transgression
Extra: Fault of Ours
Dream or Apparition
The Question
Shadow
Bound To You
Cross My Heart
The Enigma
The Green Hand of Jealousy
Sisters
Investigation
The Chase
Extra: The Wolf & The Rogue
Hunter Hunted
Memento Mori
Forsaken Child
Fragments
Treasure
The Lady
A World Apart
Duel
Delusions

Leo

240 13 0
By SunsetnRainbow

"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, then you really haven't really learned anything." – Muhammad Ali

            "Please..."

            Without guilt nor remorse, Lisa slowly stabbed her target through the heart and looked at him straight in the eye; she watched as life escaped his eyes before she let go of him and his body plopped on the floor like a ragdoll.

            Cutting a piece of his suit, she cleaned her knife as blood escaped his body to form a small pool of blood around him. She walked over to the window and watched the city lights down below; once again, it was a peaceful evening.

            She closed her eyes for a brief second and took a deep breath; the smell of blood evaporated in the dark hotel suite she stood in. Pulling her hood up, she opened the window and passed through it, then stood on the steep ledge; she looked down to the ground, the long drop would be unpleasant.

            Gracefully, she walked to the side in a cat-like manner and felt the wind graze her skin while she made her way to the emergency fire exit; she was lucky that it was just near that room. She went over the rail and proceeded down; the fifty storey high building was a long trek down.

            In less than ten minutes, she was already on the ground level; the alleyway was as dark as it was silent when she first used it. She pocketed her hands in the cold evening as she made her way back to her car. The nightlife was about to spring into life; filled with full motions of vices that she did not wish to see, hear, or smell.

            As she rounded the corner, the smell of cigarettes entered her nostrils that nearly sickened her; she walked past night laborers that offered their services, ones that did not appeal to her at all. Crossing the road, her Hyundai was in sight; she pressed on the switch in her pocket that unlocked its doors and made lights.

            Before she approached her car, she took a deep breath and contemplated; she did not wish to have that feline in her car for another long drive. The small thing vexed her to no end as it kept on disrupting her driving; she could wish that it would not want to return to her.

            I'll regret this.

            Turning on her heels, Lisa walked to the alleyway two blocks south of her car; there, she saw an old homeless man that barely had any shield for the cold. She approached him and found her feline asleep next to him that nearly made a vein pop on her forehead; the dirt it had on its fur made her want to just end the little thing's life.

            But a part of her could not.

            "Oh," the homeless man spoke as he raised his lowered gaze to her, "You're back," he smiled as he petted the kitten, "I guess you're here to take him back now."

            Lisa stooped down to his level and took the feline with one hand; it appears that it awoke from her touch and instantly meowed as if to greet her 'welcome back". Without a single word, Lisa left the old man and walked out of the alleyway; a cold wind brushed past them that nearly sent a shiver down her spine.

            She heard a cough from behind and looked over her shoulder; the old man hugged himself in an effort to warm his body. He had no shelter or any form of protection from both the cold weather and the stone, cold floor; it made him look utterly pitiable – especially with his old age upon him.

            Walking away, Lisa returned to her car and placed the feline inside; she opened the driver's door and revved the engine, but did not enter the car. She closed the door once more as soon as the air con was at the right temperature before she left for the nearby shops.

            Entering one, she purchased two pairs of jeans, a jacket, two clean shirts, three pairs of socks and a sleeping bag; the clerk at the counter nearly raised a brow at her purchase, but ultimately he just checked her out, enough for a smirk to form on his lips.

            As she paid for it with her card, the clerk winked at her, but she did not even acknowledge it; this vexed her as much as it vexed her about what she was about to do. She left the shop and went into another, then purchased some food – enough for a week's worth.

            After she has bought everything she needed, she walked back to the alleyway, where she found the old man still on the cold pavement; she stooped down to his level as the old man heard the rustle of plastic which made him open his old, tired eyes.

            "Back so soon?" He smiled weakly as he tried to get up, "You didn't bring the cat?"

            Lisa put the plastic bags beside him, "This is for you."

            "For me?" He raised a brow as he peered at the contents inside; it nearly made him cry at what it had, but he just smiled at her. "I thank you, child," he spoke as tears escaped his eyes involuntarily, "Thank you."

            Lisa shook her head, "Thank you for looking after my cat."

            The man sobbed with joy as he took out the food Lisa had bought him; he doesn't know why she has done so, but he didn't wish to ask. He was thankful for her and to the cat. Done with her job, Lisa stood up and turned about, just as the man began to eat.

            "Don't you want to have some of this?" The man queried as he looked up to her.

            Lisa shook her head, "It's okay, you can have it."

            "Bless you child," the man spoke as he wiped away his tears, "Will I ever see you again?"

            Lisa did not respond and just paced forward; she left the man to his food and allowed him to savor it – it could be his last. Somehow, she felt that his time was nearly up and even though it was merely a hunch, she acted upon it; she didn't know what came over her.

            Walking back to her car, she pocketed her hands as she saw three muscled men peering into her tinted windows; all of them had a bat and one of even had a gun that he flaunted around his belt. Lisa stood in front of her car and caught their attention; they turned to her with a sinister look in their eyes as much as their smiles held mischief.

            "This your car?" The tallest man with a fancy moustache spoke as he approached her, "It's a nice car."

            Brushing him off, Lisa walked past him that somehow irritated the man; he placed his metallic bat onto her shoulder that added irk into her system – she doesn't like to be touched. The other two surrounded her with a smile of violence across their smug faces.

            "Gives us the key, kid," the tall one spoke as she tapped Lisa lightly with the bat on her shoulder, "Or else."

            Annoying, Lisa thought as she brushed the bat off her shoulder and kept walking, but the two in front blocked her path as their faces became serious. The tall one clicked his tongue as Lisa looked at him over her shoulder; she was not in the mood to handle them.

            "I said give us the key, little girl," the tall one spat as Lisa merely pocketed her hand and walked around the two, who wouldn't allow her to approach the car. Out of patience, the tall one swung at Lisa and hit her by the shin; it made her fall to her knee, but she did not scream nor cry out loud.

            Pathetic, Lisa thought as she got up from the assault. Just as she stood up, she heard the tall one click his tongue again, which irritated Lisa; she turned to him and threw a punch straight to his face that he didn't see approach him.

            Lisa sent another to his torso and took the gun from his belt with her other arm, then pointed it at the other two; she looked at them indifferently as one of them even dropped the cigarette in between his lips.

            "You bitch," the tall one spoke as Lisa twirled to the side that made the tall one miss; she was too annoyed with them and threw a knife at his knee cap in a split second. The tall one screamed in pain as the two, who were stricken with fear, started to flee the scene like wimps – even dropping their bats and possibly, wet their pants.

            Lisa approached the tall one, who was already crawling away from her; she took another knife and threw it at his thigh at the same leg that made him scream once again. It made him stay in his place as Lisa stooped down and pointed the gun to his head; she looked at him indifferently as the man saw the devil in front of him.

            "P-please, l-let m-me g-go!" The man stuttered as Lisa took her knife from his thigh that made him curse in pain that nearly sounded like music to her ears, "P-please, man!"

            Lisa took her other knife and made the man curse once again, that nearly made it seem a little amusing to her. Had enough of the fun, she cleaned both her knives on his jacket as he watched with fear across his face – something she was certain she smelt.

            Once she was done, she approached her car and entered it, then revved the engine before she left the parking lot; she drove around the wounded man as she saw him cry there. As she drove out of town, she informed the clan of her progress for the week; she was nearly done in just a few days since it was given to her.

            She didn't know whether it was sheer luck that her targets convened in one state or because they were all from that state; she can only guess. As she drove down the exit to the freeway, she saw something peculiar in the distance; she stopped her car as the cat meowed.

            It caught her attention as she parked the car to the side before she left it. Approaching the bushes, Lisa stared at the rose that somehow drew her in; she could not understand why, but her chest swelled just at the sight of it. Why it did so, she doesn't know.

            Without knowing, her feet walked on over to the rose bush and her hand reached out for it; the beautiful red glimmered silver under the moon's gaze. She took out her knife and unlatched the rose from the bush then sliced off the thorns; it made her wonder why it looked so beautiful despite being awfully plain.

            She walked back to her car and sat in the driver's seat; she stared at the rose indifferently as she felt her chest swell with apprehension. It nearly made her breathing impossible. The cat meowed and she turned to him, who had his head tilted to side as if to show concern over her.

            "What?" Lisa spoke as the cat approached him and grazed its head onto her palm as if asking for attention; it meowed again as Lisa stared at it, questioningly. She nearly felt insane as she waited for the cat to answer her, but sighed and let it go.

            Staring at the rose, her vision darkened once more as she saw an ornament – a chain necklace with a rose – flash before her; it made her shake herself awake. She looked at the cat and heard a voice call it, but didn't know where it came from, yet it sounded calming, reassuring and very familiar.

            Leo

            "Le...o?" Lisa repeated the name involuntarily which made the cat meow at her; she turned to him and raised a brow. "Leo?"

            The cat meowed again.

            "Leo..."

            Then we're one big happy family.

            Staring blankly at the wheel, the loud honking from a passing car awoke her from her sudden lapse. She held her head as she looked up; her heartbeat was at an exponential rate. Taking slow deep breaths, she tried to catch her heartbeat as Leo stood on her lap and touched her cheek with his tiny paw.

            "I'm okay, Leo," Lisa spoke as she held her tongue at her words; she knew not why she addressed the cat as such, but it just rolled off her tongue as though she has been calling that cat like that for a long time. But how can that be?

            Leo meowed and licked Lisa's chin as if to comfort her; she petted his head as if to reassure him. She placed the rose by the meters in front of the wheel as she allowed Leo to jump back to his seat and wag his tail; Lisa petted his head that made him purr into her hand that nearly made her smile.

            Family, huh?

            ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            Tall trees on each side, the dirt pathway was quiet. Dawn had yet to break. Carefully, Jennie treaded through the trees that swayed to the morning breeze; a small smile on her lips formed at the serenity of the morning.

            The crisp sound of leaves as they fell to the ground calmed her senses. The avian songs delighted her. The winds have blessed her. As sun rose to greet the world, Jennie saw the tall log walls of the lycan camp – the one Marco protected.

            She stood before the tall gate and watched as a dozen men emerged from the tall log doors; they surrounded her, but she merely stood there as though she had significant presence over them. The lot of them felt a bead of perspiration trickle down the sides of their temples as they smelt her; it smelt all too sinister yet gentle at the same time.

            "I sense an anomaly," an elder with a long beard emerged from the tall gates as it finally sprang open, "I did not expect anyone else, but –"

            The elder held his tongue as he raised a brow at their peculiar guest; he smelt her scent and found her rather unusual for a human. He smelt her as another wolf, but at the same time he did not; it confused his brain that nearly wracked a headache.

            "Fair morning, sir," Jennie spoke as she approached him, but the dozen that surrounded her, closed in on her, "Well, now it's neither good nor fair."

            "Who are you child?" The elder queried as the rest of the pack elders approached; all sensed the presence by the entrance.

            "I am a friend of the pack master," she replied honestly as she took a simple bow, "I'm here to see if he is in since he wasn't at home."

            "The pack master will be here shortly," one of the elders with small, almond shape eyes spoke as he dismissed the lot that surrounded her with a flick of his wrist, "Can you wait by the main cabin?"

            "Of course," Jennie replied as the men made way for her, "But where is it?"

            "By the great tree in the centre, child," Another elder with a hunched back responded.

            As Jennie made her way to the main cabin, she could hear the whispers of those that stood behind her; there were a few lycans who rose for the day and walked out of their cabins just to see who she was. She can tell that they found her rather unusual – extremely odd.

            "Have you smelt her?"

            "She's human is she not?"

            "How can she be like that?"

            "Was it the right choice to let her in?"

            The faint whispers in the distance nearly made her frown as the breeze blew on her skirt; she was not used to these as much as she was no longer familiar with skirts – even though she has a uniform with a skirt. If she had to be honest, she hated skirts and sundresses.

            The main cabin was before her and she sat by the porch; she observed the camp as the people around have already dismissed her oddness. She just smiled to every passer-by and even waved to some who had, but she was merely passing the time.

            As the seconds ticked on by, there was still no sign of Marco anywhere; the sun was nearly an hour above her. Sighing, she got up and looked at the signs; the lake caught her attention and made her way there to pass the boredom.

            The people there – mostly adults – had their own agenda and did not bother her; none even wanted to approach her. It did not bother her at all since she was used to being alone – a word she did not wish to use; it made her melancholic, enough to always question the emptiness beside her.

            Where is the one destined for me?

            With a great sigh, she finally arrived at the lake; there was none there. The view was magnificent as the sun painted the water yellow; it was a canvas that was waiting to be pictured. She sat by the small pier and allowed her feet to dangle over the water as her reflection greeted her once again.

            Staring at the water, her mind wandered to a familiar setting, a familiar evening and a familiar face; the water illuminated the stars as the falls rumbled nearby. The touch of a warm body. The embrace of strong hands. Jennie recalled that very evening to every detail it had; even to their long and lasting kiss.

            Her heart yearned for those lips that made her body shiver with delight, but her mind told her that it would never happen again; it pained her to know what was true and what was not. She only wished for time to reverse and for the bliss to repeat forever.

            "Penny for your thoughts?"

            A familiar voice snapped her out of her reverie as a familiar face greeted her in the water. Turning around, a handsome face met her with a smile on his sweet lips; his hair was no longer curly, but was reduced to a buzzcut that was nearly similar to the army. He smiled at her as Jennie tried not cry before him.

            "You seem deep in thought," he spoke as he sat beside her, "Want to share them with me?"

            Jennie chuckled softly, "No, but thanks for the offer, Kai."

            "I tried," Kai chuckled as he leant back onto his palms to search the sky, "So, what brought you here?"

            Jennie took a deep breath and sighed, "I came to see Marco, but he wasn't at home so I figured he might be here on a Saturday."

            "I see," Kai replied as he lied back down with arms spread out, "How are they?"

            Jennie shook her head, "I'm not sure."

            "I understand," Kai replied as he noted her scent – uncertainty all over her, "I heard they were kidnapped by the hunters the other day."

            Jennie raised a brow, "How'd you know?"

            "The elder told me," he replied as he kept his eyes to the sky, "We hoped that there won't be another to send away."

            Jennie tilted her head at him, "Send away? What does that mean?"

            "You remember my grandfather, right?" Kai queried as he looked at her for a moment just to see her nod, "Well, he passed away."

            Jennie gasped a bit, "I'm sorry."

            "It's okay," Kai chuckled to lighten the mood, "He's in a better place now."

            Jennie nodded and smiled at him as she patted his belly, "I guess he is."

            "I may be wolf," Kai spoke as he leant on his elbows to move up and looked at Jennie's hand, "But I am not a dog for you to pat my belly."

            Jennie retracted her hand, "Oh, sorry," she put her hand on his head and petted him, "Now you're a cat."

            For a moment they stared at each and in a matter of seconds, both of them laughed heartily; their stomachs constricted, then contracted in pain of their laughter. Neither of them stopped until the other did which ended with smiles on both their faces.

            They stared at each other for a moment, until Kai leant in and kissed Jennie's cheek on impulse; it took the brunette by surprise and felt her chest ache at the touch of his lips that somewhat felt like another betrayal. She looked away, unsure what to say about what he just did.

            "I-I," Kai stuttered as he realized what he just did, "Sorry," he apologized as he touched his nape while he looked away, "I didn't mean to."

            "No," Jennie smiled as she stood up, "It's okay."

            "How are you?" Kai queried as his gaze followed her, "How are you and Lisa?"

            As she heard his question, a frown fell upon her lips and gazed openly into the vast sky; the wind blew calmly against her skin that made her remember everything. She took a deep breath, then turned to him; Kai sat there with a serious expression on his face.

            Jennie was aware of his feelings for him; she could sense it very well as though it was a heartbeat that pulsated a loud and would get even louder whenever she was near. Kai sat there as he anticipated what she would say; his feelings for her never really vanished.

            "We're-"

            Before Jennie could respond, Kai stood up and turned around, then saw a pack member approach; the guy stood before the pier and nudged his head to the direction of the camp, which only meant that it was time.

            Jennie turned to the other pack member, who smiled at her and pointed to the camp as though the person she was waiting has arrived as well. Together, Kai and Jennie walked in tandem back to the camp; Kai did not reiterate his question again and allowed the silence for a moment.

            "Hey," He spoke as he looked at her from the side, "Will you attend my grandfather's send off?"

            Jennie nodded calmly, "Yeah, it would be an honor."

            Grateful, Kai smiled at her and held her hand almost on impulse. Jennie felt the roughness of his palm and felt as though it was not what she had been looking for; the hand that she wanted was not within reach. She looked away to hide her dejection and just smiled; she feigned displeasure from his gesture and went on with it, for the time being.

            Walking through the trees, Jennie felt her chest swell; she doesn't know what anticipated her when she met with Jiyong and Marco with the rest. Will they be angry? Happy? Relieved? Or worse, will they even kill her? She can only guess at the answer; somehow, she was quite afraid.

            "What's wrong?" Kai queried as they neared the back entrance of the camp, "You okay?"

          Jennie shook her head and smiled, "Yeah, just a little nervous, I guess."

            "What for?" Kai raised a brow as they entered the camp where the people have already gathered at the square to begin the rites. Jennie just shook her head for an answer while both of them joined the crowd; he had to leave her and join the family.

            As she watched him join the rest of the crowd in black, she looked around for Marco or the others, but could not find him; it worried her that they have not yet appeared. She stood there as the elders blessed the spirit of Kai's grandfather and chanted in the old tongue as they lifted their arms to the heavens.

            This was not the first time Jennie had attended a funeral, but she found the rite somehow unorthodox; a wolf was often sent into a flame rather than by the chant of tongue. Eyes locked on the ritual, she felt a little sad and ashamed for being in that crowd; the elders soon addressed the deceased's family and her mind thought about Jisoo.

            She deserved better.

            Mentally sighing, she stood through the whole ritual and watched as the pack began their long journey to the graveyard just north of the site; she has been there before and did not wish to return. The lives of those lost in the war last thanksgiving came to mind and she did not wish to face the dead.

            Silently, the crowd followed the elders as the family carried the deceased and led them. Jennie remained in her place as she watched Kai take the back of the coffin and helped his father carry it; she didn't wish to stay any longer.

            Turning around, she heard a car break screech in the distance and made her look at where it came from; much to her surprise, it was finally the ones she has been waiting for. Marco had Jiyong tied at the wrists behind him as he made him limp to the entrance where the elder with a long beard stood as though he awaited them; she didn't like the way they treated Jiyong.

            Hiding behind a cabin, Jennie cloaked her scent and watched as Marco talked to elders; she listened carefully and noted what they had in mind. Her eyes widened at their plan that nearly made her gasp, but held it in; the elders wanted to execute Jiyong by the blue fire.

            "He is guilty of his crimes and he will be punished."

            "But sir, we have agreed to-"

            "Pack master," the elder long beard and sharp eyes interjected, and looked at him sternly, "Justice must be dealt and the Kims demand his blood spilt on lycan soil," he told him in a commanding tone, "It will be done before the day ends."

            Jiyong growled at him, "You are blinded by your rules, old fool."

            "Silence!"

            A slap echoed in the woods that scattered the birds above. Jiyong took in the elder's rage and merely smirked at his pathetic strength; he spat blood onto the old man's feet that enraged him. Marco stepped in between them to prevent a bloodbath; he did not expect this to happen.

            "Take him to the square," the elder commanded as Marco looked away and complied; he had no power in the matter. With great reluctance, Marco dragged Jiyong by the collar towards the square where the rite had been made; red dust in the shape of a circle had been scattered all over the ground in preparation for this event.

            Jennie hid as she watched Jiyong stare into the sky as though saying a silent prayer; she can smell his defeat and sadness, but most of all, she could smell his pride and loyalty. She could tell that he didn't reveal her identity to them just yet.

            Her eyes followed them as Chittip protested to the elder and it only fell on deaf ears; she even pleaded with Marco to disregard his orders, but he did not. Rosé also pleaded against the execution as much as Mina was in disbelief of this sudden agenda; both of them didn't anticipate this.

            Marco dragged Jiyong and threw him into the red circle; he did not wish for this to happen at all. Jiyong tried to get on his knees and looked at his persecutors, then just smiled at them as though to mock them even further; he did not wish for this to happen, but a wolf's pride was too great.

            "You," the elder spoke as a pack member approached him with a lit torch in hand, "What is your name?"

            Jiyong got onto his knees and faced him, "Kwon Jiyong."

            "Kwon?" The elder raised a brow before he repeated his name, "You stand before the elders of pack Greyhound, for the murder of one of its member, Jisoo Kim."

Jiyong chuckled, "And you are my accusers, who know nothing of the truth."

            "Your crime shall be punished through death by immortal fire," the elder spoke as the torch was handed to him; Marco and the rest were prevented from getting any further from the circle as a few pack members held them back. They protested relentlessly, but fell on deaf ears. "Any final words?"

            Jiyong laughed out loud at his humourless words; it almost caught the attention of the funeral procession far away. The elder stared at him blankly and waited for him to speak, unamused by his behaviour even before death; it only showed how much he did not regret his action.

            "I have served you to my fullest, my lady."

            Letting go of these words, the elder dropped the torch onto the red circle and blue flames emerged into a circle that surrounded Jiyong almost instantly. He screamed as the blue flames engulfed his body in a matter of seconds that felt as though the sun itself seared his body; it tore his skin as though it were paper.

            Marco and Chittip screamed out as they watched the flames burn brighter; Rosé tried her best to get out of their hold, but her body would not allow it. Mina looked away in horror as her soul escaped her body in fright; she did not wish to see this at all.

            Growling, Marco broke free of the hold and threw his pack member away from the fire just as Chittip broke free from her own captivity; she was about to jump into the flames, but something leapt into the centre that caught her heightened senses.

            "Enough!"

            At the sound of her voice, the flames scattered towards them as everyone tried to shield themselves from the fire. It dispersed into a red fire that eventually evaporated into the air. Burnt marks painted the ground black as Jennie stood beside Jiyong, who breathed heavily. She looked at the elder with angered eyes that made him feel the chill down his old, rotten bones.

            Marco and Chittip stood there, amazed by what just happened; the fire ran towards them, but it did not harm them at all; both of them examined themselves, but there was not a single trace of burnt flesh on them.

            Rosé was able to shield Mina from this event, but even she was astounded and bewildered by what had occurred; neither of them saw such a power before and almost left them speechless. Mina clung onto Rosé's arm as both of them looked at Jennie with wide-eyes.

            "H-how did you...?" The elder stuttered as his frightened gaze shot up to Jennie, "Who are you?"

            Jennie turned to Mina, "Mina, tend to Jiyong. Now."

            "O-of course," Mina stuttered as she approached Jiyong and examined his burns; they were ultimately third degree burns. She could already see his bones pop out as his skin peeled off his body like a piece of paper; if there was a fourth degree burn, this would be it

            Jennie looked at Marco, "Get him out of here."

            Marco nodded and rushed over to Jiyong, then lifted him before he left the scene with the others in tow – all except the other pack members and the elder. Jennie stood her ground and glared at the elder, who had swallowed his saliva as soon as her eyes returned to him.

            "Y-you insolent child!" The elder shouted as he tried to regain composure then pointed at her, "C-capture her!"

            The others around Jennie lunged at her, but she kept her stance; as they approached her, she zoomed past them and stood in front of the elder, who perspired like a waterfall at her speed. He did not see her coming at all; one second she was a few meters afar, then another, she was just an inch away from him.

            Unable to forgive him, Jennie gripped the elder by his throat with just one hand as her amber eyes looked at him with so much hate inside her; her gripped slowly tightened around the old man's neck that made him whimper.

            "W-who," the elder tried to speak despite the tight hold on him,"are... you...?"

            Throwing him to the others, Jennie stood tall as she glared the others down after she finally revealed her scent; the others immediately smelt it and knelt before her while the old man grew wide-eyed and fearful. He slowly got up and bowed before her; his insolence would have costed him his life.

            "F-forgive me, y-your g-grace," the elder spoke as he perspired even harder that nearly made a small pool of it around him, "I-I did not k-know! I s-swear!"

"Rise," Jennie spoke as he approached him; fear enveloped the rest of them as she towered before them, "And never speak of this again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 6.6K 43
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
55.1K 1.5K 74
an eighteen-year-old boy, trying his best to save his ass from being whipped by his soon-to-be husband, and at the same time, he wants to get away wi...
26.8K 3.3K 7
Dragonwall's queen no longer remembers who she is. Her magic is locked away at the hands of an evil sorcerer. Kane hoped to deal the drengr monarchy...
26.8K 651 136
Disclaimer : This is not my story. No plagiarism intended. The credit goes to original author. ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ The entire Yunzhou knew that the Ye Family h...