Hidden Under the Moon [Stiles...

By KarenAKAMint

Book 1 - Seasons 1 and 2 of Teen Wolf All right of Teen wolf belongs to Jeff Davis, but anything revolving ar... More

Season One
Prologue
Body Hunting
The New Girl
The Truth is Out
All for You
Official
Hostage
Werewolf Oven
Hangout
First Date
Mother's Boyfriend
Magic Bullet
Movie Crashers
Man of my Dreams
Mountain Lion
Argent History
Blood
Night School Pt. 1
Night School Pt. 2
The Nightmare
Brat Under the Moon
The Beta
The Necklace
My Father
Awful Nightmare
First Fight
Dresses
Bloody Formal
Season Two
Beacon
Stalked by Hunters
Werewolf Ex
Immune
Connection
Scout
The Reptilian
Insane
Kanima
Testing Patients
Jackson
Not Gay
The Barnett History
The Lela Name
Future
Restraining Order
Restrained
Arguments & Theories
Life and Death
Connecting the Dots
Be the Spark
Pictures
I'll Show You Fun
Drink of Nightmares
Proof
Fury
Independence Day
Let's Play a Game
Master Plan
Epilogue
Book Two! Soon....
Book 2 is out!
10K Special!

It's Her

462 10 0
By KarenAKAMint

Chapter 16

"Did you get what I asked for?" Stiles asked me once I made it to my car.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes, but I still smile at him, "Stiles, you of all people should know I carry my heart monitor with me."

"I know," he grinned, "Just wanted to make sure. Come on, Scott should be waiting for us on the field."

"What's happening on the field?" I asked him.

He gave me a grin as he took my hand, "Revenge."

Stiles didn't let go of my hand as we ran toward the field. Normally, heels would be the worst thing to wear when running, but for me it was easy. Lydia made sure I would learn to use my heels and not hate them. The only downfall of her influence is the amount of heels I have in my closet.

Scott was waiting for us on the bleachers as we ran up to him. Stiles opened his hand toward me, making the move to hand him what he asked for. I rolled my eyes, annoyed, but gave him the heart monitor.

"Okay," Stiles announced to Scott, "Now put this on."

"Isn't this one of the heart rate monitors for the track team?" Scott asked back.

I shook my head and replied, " Nope, that's the one I use. So no need to go steal anything from Coach."

I looked over to Stiles as he looked offended at the accusation but quickly crossed his arms as he told us, "I wouldn't have stolen it, I would have simply misappropriated it, temporarily. Is all."

"Right..." I laughed, "Anyway, Coach uses these to monitor his heart rate with his phone while he jogs. He's the one that recommended it to me when I first joined the track team. Anyway, you're gonna wear it for the rest of the day. While we use my phone to monitor you."

"Why?" Scott asked, clearly confused.

"Alright, well, your heart rate goes up when you go wolf, right? When you're playing Lacrosse, when you're with AIIison, whenever you get angry," Stiles began to explain it to him, "Maybe learning to control it is tied to learning to control your heart rate."

"Like The Incredible Hulk," Scott commented.

"Kind of like The Incredible Hulk, yeah," I grinned over to him.

"Don't fluff his ego," Stiles rolled his eyes at us, "And no, you're not the Incredible Hulk."

"No, I'm like The Incredible Hulk," Scott grinned like a fool.

Stiles pushed the heart monitor toward Scott as he huffed, "Would you shut up and put the strap on?"

Scott took the device as he put it into place, "This isn't exactly how I wanted to spend my free period."

"I'm not complaining since I get to get away from Allison and her family history. Not fun listening to her talk about killing werewolves..." I threw at him.

"Alright," Stiles called out as he finally got my phone working, "You ready?"

"No," Scott replied.

"Remember, don't get angry," Stiles told him before beginning to tie Scott's hands behind his back.

"I'm starting to think this was a really bad idea," Scott voiced his opinion as Stiles tightened his binds.

When Stiles ran over to me he picked up his lacrosse stick and offered it to me, "Want to do the honors on taking the first shot?"

"I'll pass," I gave him a smile, "It's your plan. You take the first shot."

He nodded, handing me my phone back. For a few minutes, Stiles would throw the ball at Scott, for the most part, was handling it okay. It wasn't until he got hit hard, did he groan in pain. I kept a close eye on the phone as Scott's heart rate continued to climb as we went.

"Come on, Scott!" I called out to Scott, "Focus!"

"Having balls flying towards me isn't really helping," Scott answered.

"Come on, don't get angry, Scott, "Stiles called out next.

After a few very painful looking throws, I looked over to Stiles and told him, "I think you are enjoying this way too much..."

"Do you blame me?" he asked back.

Juliette shrugged and answered, "No, but try to take it down a notch. If he does end up shifting, you'll be the first he will go after."

He makes another hard toss as he asked, "But you'll keep me safe, wouldn't you?"

I looked up at him, a wide smile on my face, "Definitely. Who else would entertain me with sarcasm?"

"How about you two stop flirting," Scott called out to us, clearly not happy about any of this, "and maybe listen to Juliette's idea on taking it down a notch?'

Stiles and I blushed a bit, but I ended up laughing a bit.

After recovering, Stiles continued his harassment until, Scott fell on his knees. Juliette looked down at her phone and noticed Scott's heart rate at 158 and raising. Worried, Juliette got up from the grass and stood close to Stiles. I focused on Stiles and protecting him ready to stop Scott if I have to. The scent of a familiar blue polo colon pulled my attention to the side as I noticed Jackson watching in amusement.

The slow descent of beeping brought me back to my phone as I saw that Scott's heart rate is lowering.

Juliette rushed over to him as she exclaimed, "Scott, you did!"

"Scott?" Stiles asked, worried about his friend.

Scott continued to breathe heavily as he tried to control himself.

"Scott, you started to change," I told him, "From anger."

"But it was more than that," he told us as we got over to him, "It was like, the angrier I got, the stronger I felt."

"That's your wolf taking over," I reassured him, "Your animal side wanted power over you."

"So it is anger, then?" Stiles asked.

I nodded.

"Derek's right," Scott announced, "I can't be around Allison."

"And why is that?" I asked him, crossing my arms at him.

Stiles jumped into his theories as he asked, "Because she makes you happy?"

"No," Scott sighed, "Because she makes me weak."

I glared at him, "That's just bullshit, Scott. She's actually what makes you human. We need to rely on our emotional bonds in order to gain control, I learned that the hard way."

The bell rang and Scott rushed out of the field, saying he needed to go to the restroom before our next class. I was still angry as I pocketed my phone. I remember when I was younger when my mother cause me to get angry. It lead to many things, both good and bad. Once I began to understand, I figured out that I needed to rely on my human side to actually get through my change. Whether it was anger, pain, sadness, love, it all lead to the same thing, human emotions.

"How do you know that?" Stiles asked as he picked up his gear, snapping my thoughts from my past.

"I learned it the hard way," I smiled over to him, "It's like when you love someone, let it be a lover or family member, you want to protect them so you use that drive to wolf out. When you feel like you are losing that control, one would think about someone who you know loves you. In Scott's case, it's Allison."

Stiles and I walked over to his jeep as he tossed his things in the car. Once I had finished explaining, he held my hand as we returned to our next class together. As we walked, hand and hand, he turned to me.

"What's your focus?" he asked.

I looked up to him and grinned, "When I was younger it was my mom, she's still is, but eventually it turned into you guys, my friends."

Stiles smiled at that as we entered Coach's class, "So I'm your anchor?"

I grinned at him lovingly as I answered, "Definitely."

Stiles took the seat behind me as I sat beside Scott. When Allison entered the class, she smiled at Scott and made her way to the vacant seat behind him. Of course, Scott demanded someone to take it, but I just shrugged as Stiles attempted to help his friend. I pulld Stiles back to his seat as I glared at him.

"You are not going to cover for him," I hissed, "He needs to learn the hard way."

"Got it," Stiles sat back down, holding his hands up in surrender.

"Let's go," Mr. Finstock called out to the class of students as the bell rang, "Sit, sit, sit, sit. We got a lot to cover today."

Allison sent me a smile before turning to Scott and talk to him.

"Let's settle down," Coach called out, "Let's start with a quick summary of last night's reading. Greenberg, put your hand down. Everybody knows you did the reading."

He looked around the classroom before rolling his eyes as he replies, "How about, uh McCall."Scott looked up at Coach as he asked, "What?"

"The reading," Coach repeated, "Last night's reading? How about the reading of The Gettysburg Address?"

Everyone laughed. I looked over to Stiles as he laughed. Once he saw me looking at him, he stopped laughing.

"What?" Scott asked again.

"That's sarcasm," Coach laughed, "You are familiar with the term Sarcasm, McCall?"

Scott turned over to Stiles and I as he answered, "Very."

"Did you do the reading or not?" Coach asked.

"Um..." Scott started, "I think I forgot."

"Nice work, McCall," Coach clapped at Scott's shortcoming, "It's not like you're not averaging a D in this class. Come on, buddy. You know I can't keep you on the team if you have a D."

My phone began to beep repeatedly. I pulled out my phone to notice that Scott still had the heart monitor that was still attached to Scott, and it was going crazy.

"How about you summarize the previous night's reading? No? How about the night before that? How about you summarize anything you've ever read in your entire life?" The coach continued to bombard him with questions.

"I..." Scott tried to answer.

"No?" Coach continued in full swing, "A blog? How about How about the back of a cereal box? No? How about the adults-only warning from your favorite website you visit every night? Anything? Thank you, McCall! Thank you for extinguishing any last flicker of hope I have for your generation. You just blew it for everybody."

My phone continued to climb as Coach continued to rim Scott with insults. Then it began to decline. I looked over to Scott, noticing that he and Allison were holding hands. I nudged Stiles as he looked over to them as well. As I suspected, Allison was Scott's anchor.

As soon as class was over, Stiles and I rushed over to Scott, who was leaving the room without us. Once we were in the hallway, I stopped him by his arm.

"It's her!" I smiled at him.

"What do you mean?" Scott asked, confused at my excitement.

Stiles elaborated for me, "It's AIIison. Remember what you told me about the night of the full moon? You were thinking about her, right?"

Scott nodded, conforming his question, "About protecting her."

"Okay," Stiles nodded, "Remember the night of the first lacrosse game? You said you could hear her voice out on the field."

"Yeah, I did," Scott nodded, still confused to where all of this was heading to.

"Well, so that's what brought you back so you could score," I jumped into the conversation next.

Stiles also added, "And then after the game in the locker room, you didn't kill her. At least not like how you were trying to kill me."

"The point that Stiles and I are trying to say is," I tried to explain to Scott since he's a bit slow when it comes to the whole werewolf thing and relationships, "She brings you back, is what we're saying. The best way to get control is by focusing on emotion, since they are the strongest tie to our human sides."

"No, no, no," Scott shook his head, finally understanding, "But it's not always true, because literally every time I'm kissing her or touching her-"

"No, that's not the same," Stiles cut Scott off, "When you're doing that, you're just another hormonal teenager thinking about sex, you know?"

As soon as the phrase came out I could smell the desire off of him.

Smacking him out of it I hissed, "Stop thinking about sex right now! I never want to smell arousal from you ever again. You're like my brother..."

"Wait!" Stiles turned to me, "You can actually smell that!?"

"Yeah," I sighed, "You can ask me later, but Scott, look, back in the classroom when she was holding your hand, that was different, okay? I don't think she makes you weak. I think she actually gives you control."

"She's kind of like an anchor," Stiles added.

"You mean because I love her," Scott asked.

"Exactly," Stiles smiled at him.

"Did I just say that?" Scott asked.

I smiled over to him and nodded, "Yes, you just said that."

"I love her," Scott repeated himself as he looked out to the distance.

"That's great," Stiles tried to move the conversation back to Scott's control, "Now, moving on-"

"No, no, no, really," Scott smiled like a fool, "I think I'm totally in love with her."

"And that's beautiful," Stiles rolled his eyes at him, "Now, before you go off and write a sonnet, can we figure this out, please? Because you obviously can't be around her all the time."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Scott nodded, getting into focus mode, "Sorry. So what do I do?"

"We don't know yet," I replied.

Stiles lifted a finger at us as he added, "Yet."

Scott and I looked over to Stiles. From the look on his face, I knew very well he had an idea. And if it was like the last one, it wasn't going to end well for Scott.

"Oh, no," I spoke up, clearly worried about this plan, "You're getting an idea, aren't you?"

"Yeah," Stiles answered with a grin.

I sighed as Scott asked, "Is this idea gonna get me in trouble?"

Stiles turned over to him with a shrug, "Maybe."

"Is this idea gonna cause me physical pain?' Scott asked.

Stiles grinned once more and answered with, "Yeah, definitely. Come on."

Even though I would rather go to my next class, Stiles had to drag me along with his plan. Stiles' plan consisted of us heading out to the back parking lot. Not many parked back her since it was further away from the school exit. If you were ever late to school, this was where you would always find yourself, along with the teachers since they had more space back here. Also, there are no reckless kids hitting their cars.

"What are we doing?" I sighed as I allowed Stiles to guide me by my hand.

Scott followed behind us as Stiles answered, "You'll see."

We stopped beside a truck. He let go of me at a distance, telling me to stand there. I just crossed my arms as I watched him guide Scott into place beside the truck. Once he was in position, he closed his eyes as Stiles had ordered him to do. What got me to facepalm was the fact that Stiles had him lift a key up.

I knew very well what his plan was going toward.

"Now, whatever happens, just think about AIIison," Stiles directed him, "Try to find her voice as you did at the game. Got it?."

Scott nodded.

"Okay," Stiles turned around as he took his keys out of his pocket, "Just keep holding it right there."

I covered my eyes as I looked away from Stiles putting his own key to the car, keying the vehicle. We are definitely going to get in trouble for this. Stiles smiled over to me as he stood beside.

Taking my hand turned back to Scott's direction and called out, "Hey, hey, hey, dude! What do you think you're doing to that truck, bro! What the hell?"

A group of seniors looked over to see Scott with his keys out and the keyed car. I hit my face into Stiles' shoulder as Scott began to get hurt. Stiles tried to encourage Scott as he held a smile on his face.

"This was a horrible idea..." I hissed over to Stiles who squeezed my hand.

"Come on," he laughed, "He'll heal."

"Not the point..." I sighed.

Stiles and watched as Scott continued to get pumped but soon it was over once Mr. Harris came over. It was at that moment, I regretted being dragged into this.

"Stop! Stop it right now! What do you idiots think you're doing?" Mr. Harris called out causing the Seniors to rush out of there.

I rolled my eyes at them but pulled out my beeping phone. Stiles and watched as Scott's heart rate lowered. He must have found Allison because he had a smile on his face.

"You three," Mr. Harris called out to all of us, "Detention after school!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 34 12
While Scott struggles to find his place as an Alpha, he, Allison and Stiles begin to experience strange side effects as a result of reigniting the po...
1.2M 30.9K 22
[COMPLETED] ❝It was my fault for caring. I've made a habit of never doing that again.❞ All teenagers dealt with first-world problems that seemed a...
362K 8.4K 88
Katherine McCall lived a normal life with a somewhat normal brother and a normal crush on best friend Stiles. It was everything she could keep up wit...
2.5K 71 12
Scott McCall is bitten by The Alpha and turns into a werewolf. He then must learn how to balance being a werewolf with his normal life, including his...