In the eyes of her beholder(B...

By S_Mmak

Tragedy brings two people from different backgrounds together . Gabriel is an Italian billionaire and Sierra... More

DISCLAIMERS
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
A/N
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
UPDATE
UPDATES
UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS

Chapter 20

1.8K 129 6
By S_Mmak

Sierra's POV

2 years later

Life in New York was stressful but worth it. I still remember the day we had to pack up and leave following after my sister, my mum came too of course.

We had started life anew, leaving the past way behind us, well atleast other people, me? Not so much. But thinking about the past would always bring back bad memories some good but more depressing, I had tried for the last 2 years to phase out those memories but it wasn't so effective.

Mum opened up a business here with the money I was paid, the 500 thousand was still untouched. We paid off our debts and moved here. Started a family business adding to the long list of restaraunts already in New York but ours had that extra oomph, it was actually surprising how the business boomed after just 2 years, now everybody and anybody went there for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I got a job as a personal assistant to the CEO of the company, it wasn't that much of a big company,actually, it is relatively small but they pay well, good enough to live as comfortably as possible. Also with our business we couldn't ask for any thing more. We had a bigger house too but i didn't live with my sister and mother anymore because the house was pretty far from work and being late wasn't an option in my books. Although I went there every oppurtunity I got. I would always stay there during the weekends and today is that said 'weekend'. So that's basically the summary of my life for the past 2 years, nothing intriguing.

I was currently getting ready for bed because tomorrow was Monday and I had work early. Since I was at my mum's I had to wake up extra early. I couldnt honestly wait for Wednesday to come, that was when I normally had my free days, in the company where I work they have a schedule of free days for every worker although you would still have to do paper work at home. Which was obviously better than being cramped up in the office for the whole day. 

I was about to turn off my night lamp when Alexis walked into my room.
"Hey you. Going to bed this early?"

"Uhmm duhh, what did you think, i felt like just staying in the dark in the night when it's pretty late for fun?" I scoffed at her. This girl wasn't serious.

"Remember I have work tomorrow too. And the destination is kinda far."I added

" Well Sisi we can never be too sure, you always go into those your stages of withdrawal once in a while." She said with actual seriousness, it was true, after what happened I couldn't say i was the same me as 2 years ago not at all. I remember that morning all to well.

Flashback

"Oh dear what's wrong why are you crying? Is everything okay?"

"Mum" I looked into my mum's concerned eyes and i couldn't help myself from hugging her, I needed as much comfort as I could get.

"Can we leave here?" My mum looked at me like I had grown 2 heads.

"What do you mean leave here, what's the problem?"

Telling them everything that happened between myself and the Giovanni's didn't do anything to stop the tears from flowing down.

"We can pay off all our debts and leave mum. It's not like we have any single thing going on here please, I just want to leave this place."

"Its okay darling, everything's going to be okay." But I didn't feel like anything was going to be okay. Not at all

End flashback

But that's in the past now i would never be that weak naive 24 year old any longer. Things had changed.

                        ***********
Next Morning
"Hey Sierra you came in a quite late today, the boss man is kind of cranky." Tom my co-worker informed me when I stepped into the 3rd floor of the office, where the boss' office was located at.

"I slept off at my mum's you know how Monday's are."

"Yeah i do."He replied.

"Plus why is he cranky if I'm late today, he understands my whole setup."I asked quite puzzled.

"Well you remember the time when that rumour of some one buying the company broke out?"

"Yeah i do. Mr Collins stopped the speculations about it."

"Apparently those rumours were confirmed true."

"Are you serious Tom?" I was in shock, what was going to happen to my job? I just had to stay calm, that was the mature thing to do,right?

"What's going to happen to all of us? Will we get laid off? Oh my God i really love this job, I don't think I would be that lucky finding a job outside this office. Plus I've worked here for just a year and 4 months.  And there are people that have worked here for ages. Oh my, I'm being laid off." Throwing away every  'mature theory thing' into the Atlantic ocean.

"Geez louis, calm down Sierra nothing has been said about that. Just go in he's looking for you."

I walked into his office after i knocked and he told me to come in. Walking straight towards his desk where he was sitted behind.

"Good morning sir. I'm so sorry for coming late. It will never happen again." Well that was kind of true, if we were getting laid off I'm sure that wouldn't happen again.

"Morning. Certainly it won't." He responded but he didn't sound angry not at all, it sounded as though he was in fact amused.

"Well Miss. Bloom What a way to tell me I'm not going to be your boss any longer." He said then chuckled. Realising , that also meant him being out of job too, and knowing I didn't mean it that way i tried to refute what he said.

"Oh my God, no sir I didn't mean it like that. I actually meant it in the normal sense. I'm so sorry again. I should keep quiet now." After saying that he started laughing. Deciding to stop talking by folding my lips together.

That only made him laugh more and i couldn't help but smile too.

"Anyways, now you're here you have so much to do. I'm sure you already know a big company bought us of. I would no longer be your boss. But don't worry no one is going to be fired as that was my agreement when we signed the contract. Your new boss will be over at the office on Thursday so you have only 2 days to finish off all the pending work you have left with me. You will assist the new CEO even better than you assisted me, he's a no nonsense man as you would see as the days go by. Don't worry Miss. Bloom I know you take your off days very seriously, the schedule for that might change but the system won't be abolished. Well since that's that let's go on to business shall we?" I responded with a a yes sir. I was about to turn and leave for my office when his voice stopped me.

"Oh and Miss. Bloom Don't forget to bring in my coffee. Also I need the file for the McGinley deal bring that in as well." He smiled and i nodded my head quickly and headed out of his office.

Would my new boss be as nice as this?  I hope he is but im sure he wouldn't be as Mr. Collins said he is a nonsense man. Everything had been running smoothly ever since we moved and now this wants to ruin it.

                       ***********

Wednesday had reached faster than I thought and honestly I wasn't complaining. The office had been so hectic and buzzing with activities, I actually needed this break. Plus tomorrow is the day we would meet our new boss. I needed energy for that meeting and I'm sure a free day would give me that. I was currently on my way to my mum's restaurant, on Wednesday's I normal helped around the restaurant as a manager. I helped manage the affairs of the restaurant as my mum had a free Wednesday. I walked into the restaurant to see everyone getting ready for another busy day and i was about to go into the office to do accounts.

"Morning Sierra, you look really pretty today." One of the waiters addressed me. Brady a college student that walked here in the mornings.

"Oh thank you very much. Well trust that I always look pretty." I said with a smile.

"So can you call Rose to the office? He responded with a yes ma'am and walked off.  "Thanks" I shouted after him.
I walked into the office and settled down. Going straight into work and then I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." Rose walked in with some books in hand.

"Good morning Sierra. How was your night?"

"Morning to you too, well I actually had a good nights rest."

"That's good to hear, you told me you were feeling quite iffy about your new boss yesterday."

"Yeah but i felt more at ease when I remembered I had a semi free day today" and then we both laughed.

"Okay so what's the schedule today?"

"Wednesday's special will be coming up, your mum's very own sandwiches with a twist"

"Have those been added to the menu already?"

"We are working on it right now."

"Any special reservations?"

"Yeah we have 3 lunch dates this afternoon, all requesting for the VIP rooms."

"Okay what time are they coming in?"

"The first one's by 12:35 and then the next 2 are both by 1:30."

"Okay then you know what VIP rooms to give to each customer. If any of them are new customers then give them rooms 1, 5 or 6. Room's 2,3 and 4 are for relatively regular customers."

"Yes ma'am."

"So how are we looking for dinner?"

"Well there's a business meeting going to be held here. When they called in for reservation they said they needed an extra secret and quiet place."

"Okay then you can open one of the business meeting room up for them. And then you, Jennie and Lisa will be the ones in charge of that room. Then everyone else knows what room they are meant to go to. So once Lisa comes in for her shift you tell her."

"Yes ma'am will do."

"Also if any problems arise remember to call me out first okay?"

"That's it for now. You can get back to work." I finished off with a smile.
With a nod of her head she left the room. Well that's more paper work for me then.

                       **********
Not much problems had risen today, apart from a teenage girl going ballistic over one of the waiters pouring ice tea all over her new 'Gucci purse' which was fake by the way everything else was running smoothly. It was almost time for the dinner meeting which was scheduled by 7:15, I was sure it would last for a really long time as I had been in so many dinner meetings myself and i knew how they went. Hopefully this one will be as smooth as ever.

I was in the process of having dinner when Lisa suddenly came into my office.

"Is there a problem?"

"Well we don't really know what happened as the customers hadn't  complained all night but one of them suddenly said they wanted to see the manager so Rose said i should come and get you."

This had better be good, I muttered to myself.

"I'll be right there." Quickly leaving whatever was left of my food on the table and putting on my heels, I hurriedly rushed over to the room where this meeting was taking place. Composing myself in front of the door and bringing forth my P.A persona, I walked into the room.

I looked around the room searching for any abnormalities and then the breath in my lungs was immediately knocked out of me and I totally forgot what i came here to do.

I'm so happy to be done with chapter 20, a new chapter is coming up in Sierras life. Stay tuned for chapter 21 guys, it's going to be juicy.....
Don't forget to share,vote and leave your comments. Xx💗💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 36.7K 66
52 CHAPTERS. (COMPLETED) Savannah Isabelle Romano is a 25 year old doctor who spent her entire life being abused emotionally, mentally and physically...
139K 2.2K 10
Alora Downer was possibly one of the happiest girls alive. She had finally completed her fine arts degree, had an amazing boyfriend and was perfectly...
7.6M 303K 56
When Ava gets offered a job as a maid at the Chastain estate it almost seems to be too good to be true. The work is easy and fair, her coworkers seem...
482K 13.4K 26
Growing up in foster care her entire life, Olivia had no family or friends. She was abandoned by the dumpster when she was only an infant. Homeless...