Sovereign (Silenced Part 2)

By XBlaireX

Rylan is stubborn. So is her mate. Sometimes fate isn't enough. Sometimes fate is so strong that there is no... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6.
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26.
Part 27.
Part 28
Part 29.
Part 30.
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33.
Part 34.
Part 35.
Part 36
Part 37.
Part 38.
Part 39
Part 40.
Part 41.
Part 42.
Part 43

Part 21

23.4K 964 94
By XBlaireX

"Because I'm not a king!" The sound of Silas angry shout jolted me awake. Every nerve ending was alert and ready to fire as if I had just been doused in a bucket of ice water.

"I know what you think. I know what everyone thinks and I don't care. The council is breathing down my neck. I have a house full of injured fighters. Three wolves are missing. And now theres a fucking psychotic wolf loose in my territory that likes to hurt my mate. I can't just leave to lead the alliance against Devlin. I won't. I won't abandon her. I won't abandon my pack. Bloodline be damned!" Silas said.

"Devlin is the priority here Silas. You have to see that! Don't forget what we went through, what other children are still going through! Mark her, drop your rank, and step the hell up where you belong!" Logan argued.

I shifted on the couch to get up. Aaron shifted as wall allowing me to pull my legs off of his lap. I glanced over at him to see if he was listening to this argument as well or if he was still sleeping. Aaron's eyes were still closed so I assumed it was the latter.

"It's not that simple." Silas said.

"The hell it isn't." Logan growled.

"Aaron doesn't want to be Alpha and a marking...isn't on the table. We aren't ready for any of this. It's not like I'm your only option. You could lead this just as easily as I could." Silas said.

"Bullshit. You are the only one that can unite the packs and you know it. This is your fight. It always has been!" Logan said.

I made my way toward Silas office. I hadn't decided yet if I was going to interrupt or simply close the door. We had a house full of wolves and these two were arguing like teenagers over a very sensitive subject.

"I said no." Silas voice was hard and definite. He was ending the discussion.

"I will help you in any other way that I can but I will not lead this." Silas said.

The office door jerked open as I reached out. Logan looked down at me for half a second before storming off. I heard the front door slam and I turned my attention back to Silas office.

Silas was seated at his desk with his head in his hands. I paused in the door way debating if I should leave him alone or try to help. I decided to at least try. I shut the door behind me. The sound of the door brought Silas eyes up to look at me and he offered me a soft smile.

'Are you ok?' I asked.

"I'm fine." He nodded.

'I don't think I've ever heard you yell like that.' I walked closer to his desk as I signed.

Silas let out a heavy sigh and nodded again.

"I'm sorry we woke you." He said.

I shrugged. I didn't care about that. Judging by the light filtering in through the windows I had slept long enough. My eyes flickered over Silas face taking in his wary eyes and thickening scruff. He looked exhausted.

'Did you sleep at all?' I asked.

"I will." He said. 

That was a no.

'How about now?' I asked.

Silas chuckled.

"I'm almost done. I just have a couple more pages to finish and then a quick run to check in with the patrols. I will nap after that I promise." Silas said.

My eyes widened at his list. A run to check on the patrols would take anywhere from three to five hours. It meant he was no where near being done.

'That's hours of work and you're practically dead on your feet already.' I signed.

"I know, Leannan but my fighters on patrol have been out there for hours. Someone has to switch them out and this paperwork can't wait."

I sighed and nodded. There was no point in arguing with him. I needed to find a solution on my own and I had just the right people in mind.

I went to the kitchen first. After a quick search I found what I was looking for and put on a large pot of coffee to brew. While the coffee was brewing I grabbed an ice pack from the fridge and went out to check on Aaron.

It looked like he had fallen back asleep already so I carefully placed the ice pack on his shoulder. His eyes flickered open long enough to register who was touching him and then they closed again.

"Thanks." He muttered.

I squeezed his good shoulder and went on to my next task.

I scanned over the fighters in the room. I was searching for a particular pair and it didn't take long to find them.

I nudged Alex foot first to see if he was awake.

"Hmm?" Alex grumbled but didn't open his eyes.

I nudged him again and his eyes snapped open.

"What?" He snapped.

"Oh... shit. Sorry Ry. What's up?" He cringed.

~How long have you been asleep?" I asked. I didn't want to ask him to get up already if he had just laid down.

"Uhh..." He scrubbed a hand over his face and sat up on his elbows.

"What time is it?" He asked.

~Eight something.~ I said.

"...five hours I think." Alex said.

~Are you healed? Do you need more time?~ I asked.

"I'm good. Why?" He said fighting back a yawn.

~Silas won't sleep until someone switches out the patrols. Do you know how to do that?~

"Yeah I can do it. Who do you want me to switch them out with?" Alex said rubbing his eyes.

~Anyone uninjured that's had at least six hours of sleep.~ I said.

"Ok... Alright." Alex said. He smacked at Quinn. Quinn grumbled and rolled on to his side away from us.

"I think we both know how this goes." Alex said rolling his eyes.

~Coffee should be ready.~ I said with a knowing smile.

"God I love you." Alex said scrambling to his feet.

I crouched down next to Quinn and gave his shoulder a flick.

"Stop." He grumbled.

I flicked him again.

"Go away." He growled.

I flicked him again.

"Babe. No." He said.

I flicked him again.

This time Quinn moved. It was a blur of speed and before I could react he had pulled me down and trapped me in his arms like a pillow.

"We're sleeping." He grumbled. I wiggled around trying to get loose but his arms were to tight for me to move.

~Quinn, no. Let go!~ I said.

"No. Shush." He mumbled.

~Quinn!!~ I squeaked.

One of his hands shifted up to cover my mouth as if that would some how make me unable to talk.

~Really?~ I asked.

"It was worth a shot." He sighed and opened his eyes to peek out at me.

"What do you want?" He asked.

~Alex needs help switching out the patrols.~

Quinn groaned and finally released me. I wasted no time getting back to my feet while Quinn glared at me from the floor.

"Stop whining. She made us coffee." Alex said. He held up two cups of coffee.

Quinn grumbled again but sat up. Alex handed over his second cup and took a sip of his own.

~Thank you.~ I said. I gave Alex a quick peck on the cheek and headed back toward the kitchen.

"Wha- Why does he get all of the kissing!? I heard Quinn complaining.

I glanced back long enough to give Quinn a wink before disappearing around the corner.

I poured a cup of coffee and headed out on my next man hunt. I found Adam upstairs in one of the spare bedrooms. I didn't have to nudge him awake like I had the others. His eyes opened the second I stepped into the room.

"Is that bribery?" Adam asked glancing at the cup in my hands.

I smiled and handed the cup over to him.

He sat up and took a long slow sip.

"Mmm my soul is yours." He sighed in contentment.

~Silas is drowning in paper work...~ I started out slowly.

"Mhhm..." Adam laughed. "Let me guess. He hasn't slept at all and refuses to delegate?"

I nodded.

"You're killing me smalls. Paper work is the worst!" Adam groaned.

~So you can do it?~ I asked.

"I can and I will." He sighed.

~Thank you.~ I said and turned back to the door. I paused and looked back when Adam made no move to follow me.

"Now... Right." Adam muttered jumping up to follow me.

We went back down stairs and into Silas office. Silas brow furrowed as he looked up from his papers. I crossed the room, pulled the pen out of his hand, and set it on top of the papers.

"Ry-" Silas started but I cut him off.

~Alex and Quinn are switching out the patrols and Adam will finish up the paperwork.~ I said.

"Adam is injured and Alex-" Silas started and I cut him off again.

~Adam will be sitting at your desk and Alex is perfectly capable of doing his job. Bed.~

"Ry I can't just-" Silas shook his head and pushed away from his desk.

~You want to know if Adam and Alex can handle this? Let them try. You'll still be here. If they need you then they will wake you.~

Silas sighed and looked over at Adam.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked Adam.

"I'm insulted that you're not." Adam said.

"Ok." Silas said.

Silas stood up and stretched with a yawn. He kissed the top of my head and finally made his way out of the office. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 206 24
"You can't tell anyone." His words hit me hard, but I was ready for them. I grimaced slightly, but did my best to hide it as I squeezed my arms in re...
1.1K 21 51
****WARNING!!! This book has themes in it that may be triggering for some. (Rape, sexual assault, violence, strong language) please proceed with caut...
3.9M 124K 58
*COMPLETED* BOOK 1 of the BLOOD MOON PACK SERIES #1 Packs 26/01/2021 #1 Emotions 27/09/2019 #1 Sacrifice 25/10/2019 Elizabeth Crow was only a young p...
97 15 15
"If you want peace, prepare for war" - Freye Sometimes you don't get the privilege of making choices. It is either: walk through the fire and get out...