Truth or Dare (With Solangelo...

By Solangeloislife

The demigods play Truth or Dare. And of course there's that amazing ship called Solangelo! More

Monkey business
Double Trouble
Doctors Orders
The Game
Boyfriend Drama
The boy on fire
NOTE MUST READ

'McLean is HAWT'

12.5K 318 514
By Solangeloislife

After the whole 'getaroomandmakeout' business, as Percy kindly phrased was over, it was Travis' turn to choose someone. 

His big, brown eyes scanned the room, a devious look hidden deep inside. The demigods that sat in the cabin were all twitching nervously, silently praying to their godly parent, hoping that the troublemaker wouldn't choose them. Travis' smirked as he rested his eyes slowly on each and every demigod, causing their hearts to speed up.

Finally his gaze settled on a girl with brown choppy hair and impossible kaleidoscope eyes. 

"Piper, truth or dare?" he asked innocently.

Jason's arms shot up, as if a reflex, around Piper, trying to protect her for whatever Travis had in store for her. She however, squirmed free and gave Travis her most bold look, before she spoke.

"Dare."

"Well, I think that wasn't the best choice. No getting out of this and absolutely no charmspeaking on me, you understand? And uh it'd be nice if your boyfriend doesn't kill me after he hears this."

"Just get on with it, you're making me nervous."

The smirk returned, making his features even more elfish than usual.

"Well, okay then, no need to be rude. I dare you to hang up posters all over camp, with your father on it, shirtless, with the words 'McLean is HAWT' on it."

Piper paled visibly, dropping the edge of the blanket she was fiddling with. Jason looked uncomfortable, not sure whether to attack Travis or not. Piper held him back forcefully before he tried anything.

"Fine. How am I supposed print out these posters, Stoll?" 

"The Hephaestus cabin probably has something for it." Travis answered, but quickly covered his mouth after he realized what he just had said.

The air seemed to thicken around them, the mood darkening increasingly as the demigods mourned the loss of their friend, their hero.

Piper and Jason stood up, both with slightly moist eyes, and left the cabin without another word.

"So, what are we going to do while we wait for the two lovebirds?" Connor asked, attempting to break the tension.

"Well, I have to give some sword fighting lessons to some new campers." Percy said awkwardly, scratching the back of his head. 

"I'll help." Annabeth piped in, with false cheeriness. 

The couple stood up, brushing away the imaginary dust and left the cabin, her head on his shoulder. 

"Hey Travis, remember that prank we were going to pull?" Connor asked playfully.

"Oh yes, how could I forget. On a certain daughter of Demeter, am I right or am I right?"

Connor, Will and Nico snickered while Katie's face began reddening, her features molding into confusion.

"Bu-But I thought we had something. And I thought these pranks would finally stop."

"Ah, so you're only in a relationship with me because you thought I'd stop pranking you? You can still get out before it's too late, because dear, my pranking is never going to stop" he paused dramatically "I show my love in pranks."

And with that the Stoll brothers skipped out of the cabin, laughing maniacally.

Katie just sat there silently, confused by what had happend. Soon enough she regained her senses and sprinted after the brothers, shouting some words that weren't exactly child friendly.

Will Solace and Nico Di Angelo were left alone. Both teens stared absentmindedly at the floor, not meeting eachothers eyes. Nico felt a sudden burst of feelings in his chest. He commanded his heart to shut up, but alas, the heart does what it wants. 

The silence started becoming unbearable so Nico stood up and prepared to make up a lame excuse to go. Instead he came up with this.

"Um, Will, you should probably go, ya know heal some people." he muttered. "And I gotta do, um, stuff too."

He turned around, not waiting a response and walked to the door, his thoughts centered on the boy sitting behind him. He again told his heart to shut up, but it only exploded a little more and Nico hated it.

He was so caught up in his thoughts, that he didn't notice the wall he was walking into until it was too late. He bumped straight into it, his nose slamming into the hard surface. He stumbled backwards, stunned, but somehow managed to trip on his untied laces and started falling backwards, bracing himself for the impact with the ground. 

But it never came. Instead a pair of arms were wrapped around the Italian, holding him steadily, inches above the ground. Nico gazed up into Will's sky blue eyes as he breathed in what seemed to be fresh air and sunshine. Wait since when did sunshine have a smell? 

They stood like that for a moment, a little shocked. Nico squirmed away before long, pushing Will as far away as he could. His heart was doing summersaults, the skeletal butterflies in his stomach dancing. But he couldn't afford to think like this. It was a friendly gesture, nothing else. Will healed and helped people. But he couldn't possibly heal hearts as broken as Nico's.

"What. Do. You. Think. You're. Doing." he blurted without thinking.

A hurt look passed across Will's face.

"What do I think I'm doing. No 'Thank you from saving me from a possible head concussion.' No, I get a 'What do you think your doing'!" he shouted at Nico, tears glazing his eyes, threatening to spill.

Nico hadn't been expecting this reaction. He expected a sarcastic remark or a bossy command. Never did he think he would hurt Will. He had pushed his limits too far.

I've ruined it again. He thought to himself sadly. 

"I'm sorry Will. I just don't like physical contact, like at all. Don't take it personally. And thank you." Nico said, using his regular tone, the tone he used to push people away, make sure they don't get near. And it took all his willpower not to confess his feelings to Will. 

"I won't. You can go if you want." the sun of Apollo stated coldy, his voice lacking emotion. 

Nico turned around, heading to the door. But as he started closing the cabin door, he caught Will the sight of Will, sitting on an empty bunk bed, face burried into the palms of his hands. Nico just knew he couldn't leave him like this. He sighed and walked back in, closing the door gently behind him. 

He took a deep breath right before he spoke up.

"I'm sorry, Will, I really am. I'm just used to pushing people away and hurting them in the process. You shouldn't want to be near me. No-one needs me or wants me. I'm a nuisance to camp. I do bad more than I do good."

Will looked up from beneath his lashes, his gaze burning through Nico's head.

"I've tried about everything and you still don't see do you. When will you stop being so thick. I've tried asking you to join campfire sing alongs with me but you always decline. I've offered to give you archery lessons, even though I absolutely suck at archery. I was worried sick after you went missing, probably as much as Annabeth about Percy, maybe even more. I tended you in the infirmary. When will you realize that all these actions are more than just mere pity on you? Have you ever thought that I might actually feel something for you. Maybe if you looked around at people who actually care for you, not your perfect Percy Jackson. And how dare you call yourself a nuisance? Did you see how much you contributated to the battle against Kronos?" Will half whispered, half shouted at him, the tears now falling down his cheeks.

Now this was unexpected. 

Nico looked at the usually cheery boy and chuckled at the irony of the situation. 

"Oh, so now you think it's funny?" Will retorted angrily, his cheeks turning tomato red.

"Just shut up Solace."

Nico leaned in, his heart pounding in his chest, his own cheeks reddening. Will's tears subsided as his breathing became ragged. They were very close now, noses touching, eyelashes fluttering against eachothers skin. 

But the moment was interrupted as a cabin door flew open and a very angry Jason and Piper stomped in, both scowling. But there frowns were reversed when they saw Will and Nico as they sprang apart, startled. 

Jason started squeeling a bit as Pipers face broke into a huge grin. Jason whispered something into Pipers ear that Will and Nico couldn't exactly make out, but sounded like soul angel, whatever that means. 

"Are we interrupting anything?" Jason asked slyly.

The boys shook their heads embarassed and made up excuses. They soon hastily exited the cabin.

"Pipes, they're so freaking adorable together! Solangelo is going to happen, I just know."

Piper rolled her eyes and nuzzled up to her boyfriend.

"I swear sometimes you're worse than Drew. But I agree completely. Maybe hanging up all of those posters were worth it."

"They were definitely worth it."

Heyg guys, sorry that it took so long, school and stuff. But it's finally here. And please check out my friends story, her username is demonsandcake. She helped come up with idea's for this fic and she's awesome :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 380 66
The seven plus Nico, the stolls, Thalia, Will, Katie (added later in this), and a character that I made playing truth or dare. After a while this tu...
5.2K 91 15
overused, I know. You know the route of the basic storyline, and some have mist others don't. Enjoy!! the cover photo is from https://riordan.fandom...
109K 1.1K 24
⚠️Warning: I wrote this when I was 10. Basically I was ignorant and only thought there were 3 sexualities in the world. Read at your own risk.⚠️ [UNE...
131K 2.9K 104
▌│█║▌║▌║ 🎀 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓂 𝒶𝓊 🎀 ║▌║▌║█│▌ 🎶🎶𝑅𝑜𝓂𝑒𝑜, 𝓈𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓂𝑒, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎'𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝓇𝓎𝓃𝒶 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓂𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝒯𝒽...