Family Secrets and Desires

By Silversong203

Alternate Universe Period AU, takes place in Westeros and Essos, there's no kings or queens in this story, ju... More

Chance Encounters
The Dragon and The Wolf
Family Ties
Offers and Refusals
Things to Come
And Now We Are One
Trouble in Paradise
You're Mine
Secrets from the Past
The wicked and the Good
The Things We Do For Love
Family Secrets Part 1
Misunderstandings
Mine
Family Secrets Part 2
Battle for the Iron Islands
Nothing will ever be the Same
Facing One's Past
Aftermath
Just A Friend
Calm Before The Storm
Family Is Everything Part 1

Coming of Age

953 10 0
By Silversong203

Dragonstone Manor 1802 AC

It was the morning of her eighteenth name day. Dany had woken to the sound of Rhaneys light snores. Rhaenys had recently returned from Dorne with both her cousins Arianne and Quentyn frogface Martell. Just the thought of the boy made Dany's skin crawl.

She hated the way he looked at her and worst her brother had been trying to convince their father for the last three years to let her marry the young man, since Doran Martell was willing to offer four thousand gold dragons a year to marry his son.

I would rather run off an escape to the free cities of Essos, than subject my body to him.

Getting out of bed slowly trying her best not to wake Rhaenys, Dany walked over towards the small rose-colored vanity at the corner of the small room she and Rhaenys shared. As she stared at herself.

She was now a year older, a young lady who many would consider ready for society,

but if any of them knew the truth, they would've known that Daenerys Targaryen was terrified at her prospects.

Rhaneys had been out in society for four years now, with no prospects at garnering a husband.

Both girls had no sufficient dowry for a rich lord to want to marry them.

It seemed both would be left to whatever abuse her brother Viserys would put them through once their father was gone and Dragonstone turned over to him, since her older brother Rhaegar turned away from his duty at becoming lord of Dragonstone. Instead Rhaegar decided to travel the world.

That was how he met Rhaenys mother Elia. He had been stationed in Dorne when they met, and ran away together and got married which pissed the Martell family off.

Elia's brother Doran Martell had wanted his sister to marry Baelor Hightower from The Reach or Jaime Lannister who was the heir to Casterly Rock.

What little money her father had from being a merchant, had to be used in order to pay the Martell's when they demanded Elia's dowry in full.

If that wasn't bad enough her father felt slighted by Rhaegar. He felt with Rhaegar's charms and beauty he could've fetched a hefty dowry for his first-born son. Their father had his eyes set on matching Rhaegar with Cersei Lannister of Casterly Rock.

The young lady at the time like many other young ladies were infatuated with her brother's silvered hair and deep indigo eyes. It didn't help that Rhaegar played the harp and sang so well that whoever heard him, stopped just to look and listen to the young lord.

Lady Cersei had even begged her father Tywin Lannister for the match. But Rhaegar refused the match, calling Cersei Lannister, an ice queen with no personality.

No matter how much their father pleaded with Rhaegar for the match.

Tywin had even offered seven thousand gold dragons a year for her dowry. But her brother would not listen. Instead Rhaegar ran off in the middle of the night, joining the Royal Navy and left both their parents heartbroken.

While Cersei ended up marrying the whore of Storm's End Robert Baratheon. A man who enjoyed taking maiden heads as much as he enjoyed his whores and wine.

It wasn't until Rhaegar finally returned home two years later with a little girl in hand. That all was forgiven. The girl's mother had been lost at sea; her ship was on its way back to Dorne from visiting her young brother Oberyn in Old Town. when it was attacked by Iron-born pirates not far from land.

No one knew if Elia was dead or alive, and her family didn't seem to want the responsibly in taking care of Rhaenys who was one at the time.

Her parents at the time were just happy to have a reminder of their son living with them and were all too eager to take their granddaughter into their home.

"Are you going to just stare in the mirror the entire morning Dany?" Rhaenys teased as she threw a pillow at her.

Turning around Dany could see Rhaenys grinning at her under the covers, "what if I were?"

"You're already lovely Dany, now come back to bed my feet are cold."

Dany giggled as she jumped back in bed next to Rhaenys, "happy birthday to the best aunt in the world." Rhaenys teased as they both hugged each other.

"Don't you mean your only aunt? you have no other than myself dear niece." Dany nudged her as Rhaenys rolled her eyes.

Taking a deep breath as she turned towards Rhaenys "I dread going downstairs later, I can just imagine Viserys snickers once we get dressed for breakfast."

"Me too, but let's worry about that later. Right now, I am tired and you disturbed me when you got out of bed" Rhaenys replied as she yawned and hugged Dany tighter drifting back off to sleep.

Dany however had too much on her mind to fall back to sleep just yet. She laid there in bed as she stared out the window. It was already dawn as she listened to the sounds from the birds chirping next to the lemon tree outside their window.

If I had wings, I could leave this place behind, though I would miss my parents and Rhaenys the most.

As she slowly drifted off back to bed with the soft sounds of the birds and Rhaenys snore.

Walking downstairs hand in hand with Rhaenys, Dany already noticed the presence of her brother sitting next to Arianne who seemed lost in whatever nonsense her brother was telling her, while her brother Quentyn sat to the other side of her with his mouth filled with bacon to even notice their presence.

"Good morning sweet sister and niece, how wonderful for you both to finally present yourselves."

As both her and Rhaenys sat for breakfast, she noticed there wasn't a lot of bacon left over, as she poured herself a bowl of wheat and oats porridge and grabbed a pear, while Rhaenys settled for bacon, boiled eggs, toast and orange juice.

Hissing, Viserys slapped Rhaenys hand away from the bacon that remained "don't eat so much Rhaenys" as he removed all the bacon from her plate snaring at her. "You're already twenty-two and still a spinster, we don't want all that fat to go to your ass, before any prospects finally take notice of you."

Dany looked at her brother and the sadistic smile he had on his face. It was too early for this, plus it was her name day. Before she could dwell on her thoughts her brother continued.

"I have wonderful news; the Lannister's are having a name day celebration in honor of Joffery's seventeenth name day in moons turn. There should be lots of eligible prospects there, maybe you and Rhaenys can finally secure a worthy dowry for both your hands in marriage."

And there it was, Dany thought to herself, as she put her spoon down already losing what appetite she had.

He didn't even bother wishing her a happy name day. It seemed all Viserys cared for was ridding Dragonstone of her and Rhaenys, and it didn't matter who it was that married them, as long has the person presented enough gold dragons for their hands.

"Vis, it' too early for this discussion, at least let us have something to eat." Rhaenys replied, as Viserys sneered at both of them, "It's never too early to discuss news such as this, The Baratheon's and Lannister's are well connected. Plus, I've heard Jaime Lannister broke off his engagement

to Lynesse Hightower, upon his return from serving in the Royal Army. We would be set if one of you happened to secure an engagement with the heir to Casterly Rock!"

"Your sister can always marry me" turning her head Dany watched as Quentyn tried to make a wink at her, as she controlled herself from not throwing up what little porridge she had in her stomach.

"If it were up to me, I would've given you my sister's hand in marriage a long time ago Quentyn. But alas my father is still alive."

"Times like these makes me happy I'm already spoken for." Arianne smirked as she sipped her wine.

Her betrothed was none other than Gerold Dayne, he was from an ancient house in Dorne and currently was stationed in the free city of Meereen. One would think having a gorgeous man like him who came from old money would have a woman like Arianne faithful, but Dany already knew

the woman was sleeping with her brother.

"I'm sure Gerold would agree." Dany heard Rhaenys shot back as Viserys chocked on his wine, while Arianne held her tongue glaring at her cousin.

She and Rhaenys were walking through the gardens and heard moaning coming from the alcove, when they peered inside to see, they found both Viserys and Arianne fucking like rabbits.

"Daenerys would you honor me with a walk in the gardens?" Just as she was getting ready to refuse Quentyn, her brother spoke for her.

"That's a splendid idea, it would give you both a chance to get to know each other better. Plus, dear sister you do look pale, perhaps some sunlight would do you good."

She watched as Quentyn sprung out of his chair wiping his greasy mouth in his shirt, then his hand in his pants as Rhaenys gave her a sad look.

"Don't look so sad dear niece, I need to talk to you about an offer I recently received from Renly Baratheon."

Dany could see the tense look Rhaenys gave Viserys, "you can't be serious, that marriage would be a sham, everyone knows Renly is a sword swallower who prefers the company of Loras Tyrell!"

The tension in the room had become thick as Viserys drank from his wine glass, " it doesn't matter to me, Robert is willing to pay your dowry of four thousand a year for your hand in marriage to his younger brother, must I remind you that you are twenty-two dear niece?

Do you want to become a spinster and lose all your beauty with no one to take care of you? Are you so willing to become a whore once I remove you from Dragonstone without a penny to your name?"

Dany looked towards Quentyn, surely the man would at least defend his cousin by offering to take her in since he was the heir to Sunspear. But he kept silent.

"Well it's a good thing you aren't the one who is in charge when it comes to our prospects then Viserys, since grandfather made sure to leave that decision to Dany and myself. Are you coming Dany, I've seemed to have lost my appetite!" Rhaenys said as she got up out the chair.

Before they both could leave Viserys made sure to get the last word in, "you would do best to remember who I am, and what I can do to you dear niece. Your best bet is to marry the sword swallower and give him a male heir or two!"

As they walked out, with Quentyn following closely behind, they could hear Viserys mockingly say tic toc as Arianne laughed like the viper she was.

They had walked in silence for a while hand in hand while Quentyn walked behind them both.

Until her niece started talking in Valyrian just so Quentyn wouldn't have anything to run back and tell Viserys whatever the two spoke about to win favors with him. Her mother had taught all of from a young age how to speak their mother tongue.

"I swear sometimes, I just want to punch him in the mouth." Rhaenys growled as she made a motion of punching Viserys while glaring behind at Quentyn.

Looking back towards Quentyn Dany asked, "how long do you think it will take until your cousin decides to finally give up in his pursuit for my affection Rhae?" Rhaenys laughed as Dany stopped to look at her.

"I'm being serious here Rhae."

Stopping also Rhaenys watched as her cousin stopped a few feet from them both, "Quentyn is never one to give up in his pursuits for what he wants, it's your fault for coming to Dorne a few years ago driving the poor boy mad."

"And whose fault was that Rhaenys? You're the one who begged me to come visit you there."

"Well did you really think he would've forgotten about you Dany really?"

"It's been seven years, of course I thought he would've forgotten about me." Dany told her as she waved her hand around "I should've known better when you sent your last letter saying he wanted to visit along with his sister for my name day."

Dany cringed at the thought of the man even being this close to them. Remembering the first time she met the young man in Dorne. The first thing he said to her, after watching her for days while she played in the water garden with Rhaenys, was she would be his.

She had just turned eleven at the time and Quentyn had been fourteen. Rhaenys had later told her that her uncle Doran had promised the boy to make an offer for her hand.

"I know you have no intention of marrying him, like I have no intention in marrying Renly, you would do best to find yourself someone at Joffery's name day feast. At least if one of us finds someone, we can take the other with us when we get married. We wouldn't have to take any of Viserys abuse anymore.

That was something they both promised each other a year ago.

Looking at her arm, Dany could still see the bruise her brother left, after he had grabbed unto her arm when she saw him the day before with his pants down and a servant girl kneeling before him in their family's library.

Viserys had grabbed a hold of her arm gripping it tightly as he bored his nails into her skin, warning her that he would make her life even more miserable if she told anyone.

Even though Dany hated the little golden-haired cunt with every fiber of her body.

The boy always looked down on others, even his own siblings. She recalled the last time she visited Casterly Rock for Tommen's name day feast. Joffery had thrown wine on his uncle Tyrion's head, while proclaiming that he could do whatever he pleased after Tyrion chided him for kicking a servant boy that accidently got wine unto his doublet.

While his mother took pleasure in her younger brother's misery. Dany resented all who treated others as though they were beneath them. Looking at Rhaenys she knew she would have to swallow what pride she had for both their sakes in order to put distance between them and Viserys, even though she would miss her parents, if either of them found someone worthy.

Winterfell

Jon stood at the Battlement of Winterfell with his trusted companion Ghost by his side, as he gazed towards the south over the snow-covered plains of the north.

Recalling what happened this day a few years ago. His uncle the man who helped raise Jon along with his wife and grandfather, had left five years ago on this day for a trip to Tyrosh. They were to meet with a few noble men and merchants there for a trade deal, where they planned to trade iron wood in exchange for wool and food.

" You can never be prepared for winter, and winter is coming," his grandfather would always tell him.

They were still in the middle of the longest summer, but his grandfather was always one to teach him what would be expected of him, when he came of age.

" You know the words to our house. " His grandfather reminded him always "In the winter we must protect ourselves, look after one another other." What Jon did not realize, was that would be the last time he would see them again.

A year after, his uncle Ned and wife Catelyn moved into the Castle with their children Robb, Sansa and Arya, from their home in The Riverlands. Since his mother was too distraught and his uncle Benjen who served in the Royal Army could not stay long.

His uncle's lawyer, Davos Seaworth thought it best to have his uncle Ned there at the castle, he could help guide Jon with running the north, since he was a mere boy of fourteen and the unofficial clan leader of the northern houses due to his age.

Some clans had wanted his uncle Ned to take over, since Jon was just a mere boy and was not his uncle's true born son. Even though most there knew of his uncle Brandon's wishes a few years ago when he named Jon his heir in front of all of them when he was a boy of eight name days.

It wasn't until uncle Ned, disagreed with them, especially lord Glover who was still salty about his mother rejecting him numerous times about being his wife.

Inhaling the cold northern air as he recalled, it taking a fortnight, before it was decided that Jon was their new leader, with Ned serving as Regent until Jon counted eighteen name days.

All clans swore their loyalties that day, but Davos didn't trust clan Bolton of the Dreadfort. Everyone knew Roose Bolton lusted for power and wanted nothing more than to have full control of the north.

The last great battle between the two clans happened a hundred years ago, which led to many deaths in the north, when famine took hold in the middle of winter.

Since then no one trusted anyone who was from clan Bolton or married into their family.

Many of the other clans wanted them out of the north, there were even whispers of that family making blood sacrifices to the old Gods.

"Jon!" he turned as he saw his mother approached him, which brought a smile to his face.

"I thought I'd find you here." she replied as she took a deep breath as Ghost walked over towards her running his snot along her hand.

"How are you feeling today of all days?" Jon asked, as Lyanna looked into her son's dark grey eyes which seemed to darken before her eyes. He looks so much like his father, whenever he is deep in thought.

Quickly erasing that thought from her mind. It's been almost twenty years now since she last saw the man, and they did not leave on good terms.

"It's been five years now, I still don't know how I feel, other than I miss all three of them dearly." His mother gritted, while her grey eyes grew darker.

Clenching his fits Jon recalled the memory when news came of the Iron-born pirates attacking his family's galley off the coast of Pentos, part of Jon wanted to do nothing more than to rid the world of the forsaken bastards. He even thought of running away and joining the Royal Navy until his uncle Benjen found out, 'there must always be a Stark in Winterfell." He told him, "you have a responsibility to your mother, she needs you, the north and many there depended on him."

Even though a part of Jon still wanted nothing more than to kill every Iron-born there was who traveled the seas on their galley's killing, raping and stealing what they couldn't grow on their infested islands that no one dared go near.

Sure, the Royal Navy had sunk many ships belonging to the pirates, but it never seemed enough. The bastards always bid their time for a few years then struck again.

"I came to ask if you had already packed for your trip south with Robb?" his mother asked as she playfully nudged him against the shoulder.

He had been dreading this day for a while now after his uncle had sat both boys down telling them of their responsibly in providing Stark heirs.

When he told his mother what uncle Ned said she winced, and marched over to his wing of the castle and threatened him, stating Jon was her son and it was not his responsibly in telling her pup such things.

The only other time Jon had ever been talked to about heirs, was when his mother and aunt Ashara sat before him in the Godswood, at thirteen warning him about fathering bastards, after his aunt caught one of the minor lord's sixteen year old daughter, prying her way to Jon's room.

His aunt went as far to tell him, she was a woman from Dorne and knew how women where, and warned him not to get too familiar with anyone, even if they were servant girls or daughters of other clan lords. Which to this day Jon was glad about receiving at the time.

Not even a day after his family left for their trip did Jon notice the difference. He was now the acting lord until his uncle's return with the help of his mother and Davos.

A lot of the servant girls became more bolder in their flirting with him. Jon even found a few naked in his bed chamber a few times. The boldest was the head steward's daughter Jeyne Poole who was there in his room along with a whore from Wintertown.

Jon was saddened when his mother sent Vayon Poole and his family away from Winterfell for what his daughter did. The man had been serving at Winterfell castle since he was a boy, who grew up alongside his uncles and mother.

"I'm just going there to keep Robb out of trouble. Can't have my cousin falling for the first young lady that catches his eye." Jon jested as his mother rolled her eyes.

"You say that now Jon, but trust me, the girls in the south aren't much different than the ones here in the north, so are the men." His mother whispered the last part, but Jon knew what she meant by this.

"There's no time for that mother." Jon hissed as his mother laughed.

"You get mad easily," it must be your dragon blood.

"I guess, I get my stubbornness from you then, since we are the same mother"

As he looked at her, a part of him wanted to ask who is father was, his mother never spoke about the man. She also never sought the company of another man, even when most northern lords threw themselves at her over the years.

His uncle Brandon once told him, the she-wolf as wild as she was in her youth, only fell in love with one man, and a love like that was hard to replace, that love made her heart as hard as ice, until she had him which seemed to melt the ice away.

"You know my reasons for following Robb south, I would much rather stay here with you in Winterfell, then go south to keep an eye on Robb, so he doesn't do anything stupid."

Lyanna sighed, she knew all too well how Robb was when it came to girls, he wore his heart on his sleeves. "I know pup."

Jon sighed as he recalled his eighteenth name day feast last year, where he officially become the liege lord of the northern clans.

Everyone was there at Winterfell to swear fealty to him, from the Reeds of the Neck to the Umbers of the far north. Even Roose Bolton arrived with his sons Domeric Bolton and his sadistic bastard Ramsay Snow.

For the entire time Wylla and her sister were there. Robb and Wylla would go on walks.

His cousin thought the girl felt the same way about him, especially when he knew they had shared many walks and kisses in the Godswood of Winterfell.

But was saddened when he found out that Wylla was only doing her sister Wynafryd's bidding for her, by keeping Robb busy so she could try and seduce him. Recalling the moment Wynafryd came to his room door with drink in hand to get him to drink with her, it's only a drink my lord, surely you wouldn't mind having a drink with me.

Even after he sent her away from his door did, she not relent.

When aunt Catelyn and his mother got word of it, lord Manderly tried his best to pretend as though he would scold the girls for what they did. But everyone knew the type of man Manderly was.

An opportunist through and through.

Since then Robb hasn't given any other thought to any other young lady from the north, not even Sansa's closet friend Alys Karstark, who she could tell had feelings for the lad.

He paused for a moment gathering his thought as he turned to face his mother once more, he knew she and his uncle could take care of matters with him gone, but he still had to tell her about the raven scroll he received from Small Jon Umber that morning.

"We still have to deal with the Wildings who have been attacking certain northern clans further north for food." Apart from going south with Robb, he would have to also deal with the Wilding issue when they finally returned.

"Aye" his mother replied, "but that's for another day, I came out here to talk to you."

He sighed he already knew where this conversation was going.

"Mother, I know what you plan on telling me."

"Do you Jon?"

He smiled in a way that reminded her of his father, he as his smile.

"You have nothing to worry about, I still haven't done it, and I don't plan to until I marry, there's no need to worry about me heading south with Robb and fathering bastards."

His mother looked at him with in a way, that Jon knew all too well. She was never one for mincing words, and took enjoyment in embarrassing him, as his face turned beet red at the words she spoke.

"Do you at least know where to put it when the times comes?"

"I do plan on you giving me many grandchildren for me to spoil Jon." She teased, as she saw the redness that came over Jon's features.

"Do you take great joy and pleasure in embarrassing me at times mother?"

"Who else is supposed to, if not me pup?" as she playfully nudged him more. "We should head inside, for dinner, I had the cooks make your favorites, beef kidney pie and venison."

"I'll be there in a minute; I just want to stay here a while longer."

"Ok, but don't stay out too late, your uncle might want to have a word with you and Robb before you both leave in the morning."

Jon watched as his mother walked off with Ghost trailing behind her, his mother had the gift where she could use her mind to command different animals, his dire-wolf was no different. Many in the north called it warging or skin changing. The only people in his family that could do it were, his mother, uncle Ned, Arya and himself.

The first time his mother spoke to him about his ability was when he was seven, and didn't know what was happening when his mind slipped into the family's dog when he slept.

That night when he went to her room, she told him the tale of the ancient kings of Winter of house Stark, how they had killed the Warg king and all his sons and married the daughters into house Stark, which gave them the gift of skin changing.

"That's a horrible story mother."

"I know pup, but thousands of years ago the ancient kings of Winter were ruthless hardened men of winter, who rode dire-wolves into war."

"Is that why so many, swear fealty to us mother? Do they think we are still as ruthless?"

"They do it out of respect pup, now off to bed with you."

Taking one last look over the horizon, Jon made his way inside, knowing he'd probably be up for most of the night going over the different maps of the north where the most of Wildings probably hid.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 94 9
What if instead of being raised by the Starks as Jon Snow, Aegon Targaryen, Sixth of his name had been raised by Viserys and Daenerys?
6.6K 304 39
"You can't decide not to fall in love, Bran." Jon had said. "It just happens. And you can't stop it anymore than you can choose whom you fall in love...
1.7K 41 12
A Game of thrones (AU) love story between Robb Stark and Daenerys Targaryen πŸΊπŸ‰. 18+ TW ( Violence) ( Mentions of war) different timeline so cert...
13.9K 367 14
Y/n Velaryon. She was Rhaenyra's bastard child along with her brothers, but she was the only one to get along with Aegon and Aemond... but mostly Aem...