How NOT to write a Vampire Di...

polaroized

Ever wonder how to get started with a Vampire Diaries Fanfic? Having trouble with your OC? Need some face cla... Еще

summary
siblings
proper related face claims
proper age face claims
more face claims
more sibling face claims
even more face claim choices! (plus ideas)
overpowered OC's
a plot for your OC
correct characterization
a vampire's humanity switch
characters names and OC names
slowburns, fastburns, and sexual activity, oh my!
'changing' a bad guy
the vampire diaries vs true blood
covers
overused face claims
covens, packs, and what else
diaries everywhere
gilberts
titles and descriptions
hayley marshall
hope's twin
new reading material
banshee's
creatures ideas part one
creatures ideas part two
ya'll need to give elena a break
i cant believe i forgot this
racial diversity
legacies fanfics so far
roasting legacies for its untapped potential
roasting legacies part 2. and season ideas
where did the legacies reactions go??
what no one wants to talk about
OC's around CC's
klaus vs kai
siphoners and heretics
salvatore siblings
adoption plot vs. adoption element
lets talk about soulmates
the truth about rippers
a not-so self insert fic
thank you Anna!!!
fuck off with the scoobies
new legacies story!
AU's, to do or not to do
legacies, we could've had it all

mikaelson love interests

3.4K 89 153
polaroized

this is a chapter that got requested, and if you have any ideas or requests then please comment away, and ill decide whether or not if it should be apart of the guide

(reminder that requests arent for imagine prompts or one-shots, it's specifically about trying to understand a character or storyline or literally anything to do with the TVD Universe or what overused and/or incorrect things happen when writing about the TVD Universe)

kys6pls9 thank you for requesting this, it made me think a lot about these characters and honestly it's a really good addition to the guide. I hope it helps in future fanfics. :)

so, this bit is about what type of person each of the Mikaelsons would either date or be attracted to

another reminder that im not an expert, but i did consult a few friends/fellow fic writers to try and get a good viewpoint from all sides

i did research into their exes or current significant others as well as their personalities

this will only include the Mikaelson siblings and strongest additions to their family through the show, so no to Esther and Mikael, they shouldn't be here anyway

Freya - confirmed bisexual

The best thing to know about Freya is she hates traitors and liars. She collects the ashes from her enemy's bodies. So she's pretty hardcore. Freya doesn't have time to think about relationships, what with worrying over one of her family's many foes coming for them every so years. So it's most likely she won't even notice something potentially happening between her and another person until its staring at her right in the face. But generally, she very much loves her significant others. She was ready to run away from Dahlia with the man she married and their unborn child early in her life and she found Keelin dying to be one of her biggest fears. So once she forms a relationship with someone she will love and protect them with everything she has, she has very big protective instincts over her loved ones.

Finn - room for exploration

only love interest was Sage and there was a weird liking towards Cami. From what I know about Sage is that she was a village girl or in Rebekah's own words 'peasant whore' so she was most likely just a normal human girl before meeting Finn. She was someone his siblings looked down upon when he fell for her. I can gather from him that like Stefan, he looks for a girl that is probably human because it makes him feel human. Finn is most likely interested in just relationships and trying to feel as human as possible, so human girls like Sage and Cami were made him feel that way.

Elijah - can be complicated,
has a thing for brunettes

Elijah really is quite flexible when it comes to ladies (or maybe men). When you remind us of Tatia and Katerina, they were these beautiful broken birds that Elijah saw and fell in love with their humanity. I believe Elijah strives to love the human side of these women, specifically Katerina since he was a vampire at that point. He thinks the way humans feel and love is beautiful and I think he loved that about Katerina. He loved her gentleness and sweet nature and most likely saw her as his redemption for what he did to Tatia even if he couldn't remember that it was him, his subconscious led him to believe that this Bulgarian girl could be his chance to make it right.
This is why around S4 of TVD when Katherine reveals that Elijah and she are 'friends', Elena tries to remind him that 'that sweet peasant girl is gone'. I believe that Elijah is attracted to humans who have a strong sense of self, something beautifully human about them and that's what draws him in, the humanity that he believed he'll never get back. What he loves the most is the good they do.
Elijah's other type is strong and elegant women. We can see this in Hayley, Aya and Gia, they were women who didn't take any shit from anyone and did what they had to do. Celeste was an example in elegance as well. I believe what he liked most about them was their honesty. Being someone with a strong sense of self, displays of loyalty and honesty is most likely what Elijah finds most attractive both in romantic and sexual relationships.

Klaus - honestly who knows

Klaus can be very versatile. Now, there are differences in relationships and sexual relations.
Relationships are the trickier bit because I've noticed a OUAT Beast & Belle situation. See, depending on who he's with, he'll be a better person or a worse one, like Gold from OUAT when he's with Belle he's better but when he was with Lacey she brought out the darkest bits of him.
Look at S3 of The Originals, you can see how destructive Aurora makes Klaus compared to how much better he is around Cami (even though I'm a Klaroline shipper through and through, I have to acknowledge Camille on this and how much he impacted her, but also yeah Caroline did bring out the humanity in him also but [and i have to face facts] not as much as Cami has)

Klaus, like Elijah, is also attracted to strong women with strong opinions.
I think Klaus has a tendency to go after people that he can't have. Or at least realistically would be very difficult at getting with him. Caroline was on opposite sides as him, Cami was this untouchable human that he held back from, even Aurora when she was human and first introduced, his family were guests in her family's castle, he was never supposed to be with her, especially when he knew Lucien loved her it would just seem wrong to go after her. So Klaus not only goes after what he can't or shouldn't have, but he'll do it especially if others show an interest. So he'll be twice as eager to get that person.

Kol - imma be real blunt and say he likes everything

Kol is a very mischevious character that likes pushing people's buttons, particularly his siblings. For him being attracted to someone I don't think that'd be too difficult, but it is harder when it comes to relationships. From what I can tell he likes someone he can have fun with, someone that he can experience new things with since he's been around for so long that anything new excites him. If he's met with an opposite of him like Davina in early S2 and how she's very on record and has her mind on one thing only, always thinking about the task at hand. She's this seventeen-year-old witch that's planning the death of thousand-year-old vampires, she puts a lot on her shoulders and tends to take control of the situation and that's probably something Kol admired about her. If you're looking for someone closer to Kol's personality, he likes people that talk back to him or just playful banter overall. He has great respect over witches, it's his coping mechanism from losing his magic, that and ya know, mass murder. He's instinctive, impulsive and is generally the guy everyone should listen to more often and since almost no one does I'd say he craves attention, probably one of the reasons for the mass murder, it was just a tantrum. So that's something your OC can tease him about, constantly wanting to be the center of attention or just listened to. But overall, Kol just wants to have fun.

Rebekah - bless her open heart

Rebekah is the most to have loved and the most to have had her heart broken time and time again. Honestly the fact that she still believes there's something out there for her brings out her inner romantic. I believe like Finn, Rebekah strives to go for humans because they make her feel human. Remember that all Rebekah ever wanted was to get married, have kids, grow old, have a dozen grandkids and just die a human death surrounded by love. So in terms of relationships, she'd rather find someone that reminds her of humans and a possible future or someone that can make her forget about her immortality. But all in all, Rebekah just wants someone to love her for who she is.

Marcel - he's a Mikaelson, of course, he's on this list

Marcel Gerard is a man of many tastes. He is the type of person that doesn't look down on people and so he appreciates both the uptown and downtown vibes of New Orleans. He could be in the French Quarter with his buddies, drinking and having laughs or he could be in a big fancy ball not just twenty blocks from the French Quarter. He knows what he wants and isn't afraid to express it. The type of person he'd go with is someone beautiful and different. Maybe a little rebellious, and has a tendency to get with chicks that usually isn't the greatest idea. Rebekah you know all about, Sophie from S1 was a witch so her and Marcel's frenemies with benefits thing was really taboo. Cami was human when he had a thing for her and we all knew that wouldn't end up well if she had gotten with him. And then S4 Sofya, getting with someone you work with is never a good idea. So he has terrible timing when it comes to picking women. But I think he likes that, I think with all the devoted vampires at his side, a little side piece that's taboo or just someone that he knows he shouldn't be with is what makes him all the more motivated to get with.
Funny enough, that's something he has in common with Klaus. Like father like son.

Hayley - she pushed a Mikaelson out, she deserves the name dammit

Honestly, when you come to think about it, Hayley, Marcel, and Hope are all very connected to the Original Family in various ways but weren't there at the start of it like the siblings. And, they also happen to be the most liked out of the whole family.
Ironic ain't it?

Anyway, now about Hayley. Hayley can have big trust issues, both from her and to her since she's never nice out of being nice, most of the time there's a hidden meaning behind it. She helped Tyler break the hybrids' sire bond because she wanted more information about her family. That's during a very big moment for her before she's experienced true family, so she isn't very mature in that aspect, she doesn't trust anyone in that household until they've proven it to her. As the seasons' progress we see her evolve and develop into a much more sure person that knows the most important thing in the world and what should come first in her life is her daughter.
After that, the only relationship she could have with someone is another person that feels as strongly for Hope as she does. They have to be ready to sacrifice anything. Jackson and Elijah, two main of her significant others portrayed those qualities. Once she knows that that person will protect her kid and once she learns to trust them is when she'll be open to something.

Hope - my poor baby, also bi

Hope has a bit of a problem with socializing recently. The one thing she hates the most is liars. I have to be honest and say that because of the fact that we don't know much about Hope other than the tribridness, the painting, and the monster butt-kicking, we don't see her much with love interests other than Landon. I think she liked Landon because he was this normal thing to her that didn't know a thing about her baggage, it wasn't necessary to bring up, it was just a simple conversation every now and again.
Roman was a lot more physical attraction, ya know, the bad boy that paid attention to her.
I think Hope right now would be okay with someone that she relies on and can trust.
From what I can tell about her, she doesn't want to form connections in the first place because she doesn't want people to leave her, especially dying. So a new love interest for her post-parents death would be a slow burn, especially if she doesn't know them. Remember that she had a crush on Landon before her parents died, so he was in this good bubble, then came back after that and he already got through that Hope force field. Meanwhile, someone she meets right now or someone she's known for a while who she's never liked before will take some time to form a connection, trust, and eventual relationship. If you want to do it right, it's gonna take some time.

I obviously did not include Henrik nor Freya and Keelin's son, Nik, because, for one thing, we know nothing about Henrik other than he was the youngest and he was killed by werewolves. And Freya and Keelin's son is a baby.

well, i hope everyone enjoyed this and please feel free to leave requests

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

629K 14.8K 57
ᴛʜᴇɴᴀ ꜱᴀʟᴠᴀᴛᴏʀᴇ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʜᴇ ᴄʜᴇᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ. ꜱʜᴇ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʜᴏᴘᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ 𝘗𝘦𝘰𝘱�...
33.7K 522 12
Faith Salvatore was one of the most beautiful women to live in this day. From being 1037 years old she's had a good life. What more can the beautifu...
143K 5K 76
❝I don't wanna be friends.❞ Fallon Ignacio was unlike any other creature; alluring, mysterious, and seductive. Dark magic runs through her veins, lur...
16.2K 977 15
The new season will show us a world without Audrey Mikaelson and all the chaos that goes along with it. How does Hope deal with her grief? What chan...