creatures ideas part two

here we're gonna focus on different creatures in this case and i highly recommend you use these for legacies since they already have been exploring different creatures

- kitsune

this one is actually so interesting, i mean there are nine different types of kitsunes (and not just female, kitsunes can be any gender or non gender)the first thing i'd focus on when making a kitsune OC is making them Japanese (or at least have o...

the first thing i'd focus on when making a kitsune OC is making them Japanese (or at least have one Japanese parent) since kitsune's come from Japan. If you're making them with a white OC it's white washing. Kitsune's have been featured on Teen Wolf, but that's just one version, you can take inspiration or ideas from that, if you want. Let me explain, kitsunes are known for being trickster fox spirits, now they dont all necessarily have to be tricksters if you don't want them to be but it's there if you wanna use it. Something they're also known for is having nine tails. (this seems like a lot right?) Well, Teen Wolf did it in a more symbolic way. Kitsune's have nine of these specific weapons or tools or really anything they connect with in moments of stress or important times, they take it with them and construct into into a symbolized tail. They start off with one and build the collection. I'm also assuming, the more the tails, the more powerful the kitsune. You can also break your tails and use that power for something important like a sacrifice or offering or power boost for others (though I'm not sure if you can get it back).
Kitsune's also function better in backwards (they read books in backwards). It's supposed to be a thing with them, like the fact they can't read forward is a way to suss out if there's a kitsune in the room, since they're known as tricksters, people didnt really like them.
(that's honestly something i remembered from the Teen Wolf show, i didnt look it up, but if that interests you, i hope it turns out to be true).
Also they can live up to like 900+ something years, so great chance to trick your audience into thinking they're vampires. (also, they do have super healing, no special diet, and can have kids, though I'm not exactly sure how the aging goes or how they can die. im kinda sure they're like werewolves, they heal but they can die if its a big wound and such, also if your going in terms of Teen Wolf, im pretty sure if the kitsune has a child, their power sort of transfers to the child and they start to age normally, thats what i got at least)

- mermaids