HEARTLESS PRINCE

By NilaKeis

I wont's write much about this story because I want you to enjoy Arnav's and Khushi's journey. So there is no... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Teaser
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Giveaway
The Winner is

Chapter 22

3.6K 199 28
By NilaKeis

Chapter 22

Arnav stood slowly up and walked outside the room, to the poolside and closed the door behind him. He knew Khushi couldn't hear him outside while he arranged everything to get her to eat something. All what mattered for him, was her health and he was ready to do everything needful to make sure Khushi was well. While he spoke on the phone he felt her eyes on himself. Arnav decided to not to give her a hint, that he knew her eyes were on him.

Only when he was done on the phone he decided to finally confront her about her behavior. As soon as his eyes fell on her and he realized she was still looking at him, he couldn't suppress a little smirk that he hoped, Khushi wouldn't see. The situation between them was complicated enough he didn't want to add weird too.

She looked at him and he met her eyes too in the moment he walked back inside the bedroom. Khushi held his glance for a while, but then looked back to wall. He knew she wanted to have her peace from him, she showed him this often enough and he was willing to give her space for some time. Still, her time was limited because he intended to keep good care of her and her healt.

He started to clean the floor and pick up broken dishes knowing very well that she could hear his every movement, but didn't spoke any word with her to give her time alone she seemed to want.

***

Akash looked down on his phone and then upstairs. His boss called him from his bedroom to bring more food and ordered him to do something he could not understand so easy, but it is as it is. He is his boss and Akash needs to do what his boss wants him to do. He put his phone inside his pocket and his eyes met Lavanya's.

>>What happened? Who called you?<<

He didn't know if he should laugh or something else by this weird order his boss just gave him.

>>Well, I don't understand it, but I have to do what he wants me to do, so, come I need every help I can get.<<

They left the condo together while Lavanya bore him with her questions. Akash didn't gave anything away, because he wanted to see her reaction when they reach the place where he needed to go to get his boss's order. He prepared himself for her reaction, being sure her face was going to sweeten his day.

***

Arnav cleaned the floor so that nothing showed what Khushi did with the dishes and the food. He walked inside the bathroom and filled the bathtub with hot water. Then he placed few towels next to the tub, so that Khushi could reach them easily. The tub filled up with warm water and bubbles covered the water surface. While he waited, he thought about his next steps and how to approach Khushi. He didn't want to scare her or put her under any kind of stress. It was important to him, that she learn to relax while being in his accompany.

The when everything was ready for Khushi's bath and Arnav decided that she have got enough time for herself, he walked back and informed her about the full tub that was waiting for her.

>>Come on, Khushi. Your bathtub is ready.<<

As expected, Khushi didn't react in any way Arnav was hoping she would do. He wanted to use the time till the ordered food was there and let her take a relaxing bath. Maybe after this, she would finally eat. Sadly, Khushi didn't stand up and walked to the bathroom, happy for her bath. No, she just continued ignoring Arnav and his orders for her to stand up.

>>Khushi?<<

Arnav tried again but nothing changed. She didn't move, nor react with her voice. There was just the silence which answered Arnav instead Khushi.

>>Khushi?<<, he called her again with such a care and tenderness that every girls heart would melt, if someone said their name like Arnav said Khushi's.

>>Come on, stand up, Khushi! The water is getting cold.<<, still no reaction. He walked to the bed and picked her up in his arms.

He remarked how light she was and this scared him to the core. Small, weak gasp came from her, while her fists worked his hard chest. It was so easy to ignore her fight, but also not easy to ignore how weak she was. Arnav was sure, usually she should be able to hurt him more, but obviously the power in her body was away and every punch felt like a small child is hitting him. He couldn't ignore how thin her legs were, or how her ribs bore into his palms, while he held her in his arms and walked to the bathroom.

In the moment he entered the bathroom, Arnav realized in the same second that Khushi couldn't fight harder, because his palms hurts her ribs, so he let her immediately down. As soon as their eyes met something happened. Something both couldn't see coming but still tried to ignore. Khushi breathed hard and her hair hid her face mostly. He removed few strands from her face before she stopped him and jerked his hand away.

The softness never left his eyes.

>>This bastard, that called himself your boss, doesn't pay his workers enough money, so that they look more dead as alive.<<

Khushi turned away and refused to look to his direction.

>>Take your clothes off! I check the water again before you climb into the tub.<<

He walked to the tub and crouched down. Arnav checked the temperature while he spoke.

>Do you like hot or lukewarm water?<<, he waited for her answer but no sound came from her.

>>I put some flowery soap inside, I hope you like it, otherwise I can change the water.<<

Arnav didn't look back, because he wanted to give Khushi her privacy, but as he didn't hear any movement, he decided to risk a small glance from the corner of his eye.

What he saw didn't surprise him at all. Khushi stood there, facing the wall, not moving, her palms formed into fists. Arnav knew what happen to her, was his fault. She was his responsibility and he failed to protect her. He has his reasons to do so but he didn't want to think about the past anymore. They were together again and he wanted to keep it that way.

He walked slowly to her, being very careful with his tone, to not to scare her.

>>Did I hurt you?<<, he turned her slowly around to look in her face.

>>I mean when I carried you inside the bathroom? Should I call the doctor? Tell me, what's going on?<<

Arnav walked closer to her, his hand cupped her face while his eyes observe her every reaction. He needed to know if she was ok, if she felt any pain. His head moved closer to hers too, while she tried to remove his hands from her face. She scratched him and her fingers tried to reach under his hand, so that she could separate her face and his palms. His grip became firmer while she continued to fight against his touch.

>>Khushi! Khushi look at me!<<, her short nails dug into his arms.

She didn't scratch only his palms, but also his arms and left deep red traces on his skin. His voice became a mere whisper,>>Look at me.<< Khushi's breath became fast, her chest moved fast up and down while she fought against her personal evil. And then he did what he never thought he would do. Not now and not in the way it happened. Even Khushi was surprised about his act because her eyes were wide open. Arnav looked at her too and realized how much he risked with this one little act. He didn't thought about her possible reaction and what would happen after the so called "ACT".

He kissed her.

It was one soft, light kiss. A feathery touch, without any pressure for more. It was a soft kiss, but also a very long one. His body reacted immediately and he remarked not only her warm soft skin but also her known smell he could never forget. Even Arnav spend three years without her he could recognize her smell under hundred even thousand others. He filled his nose with this special aroma, which only her skin could produce. Khushi stilled for a moment and stopped to fight Arnav. His one hand moved to her neck and pulled her closer to him. In this moment, he realized, how lonely he was all this years without her. How much he missed Khushi.

The control he trained for so many years, left him and he pressed his lips firmer against hers. Everything he said to her in the office, when he saw her for the first time after three years, was true. Every single word was true.

When he brought her back to her family, he thought he will get peace for his sister. He was sure to protect Anjali from all evil and he wanted to make sure she never finds out about Khushi. He couldn't risk that his sister kills herself, like their mother.

Maybe he couldn't protect his mother and was even responsible for her suicide, but for three years, he got the chance to safe his sister. Was it not something every brother would do for his Di? After he failed to safe his mother he was eager to keep at least his sister safe, but the price he paid was immeasurable. Maybe he was successful of being a good brother, but he definitely failed to be a good son and husband.

Now three years later, after he lived living hell every day, he knew what big mistake he did, by bringing Khushi back to her family. He was sure his mother was deeply disappointed with him, too. The deep remorse griped him, while he parted his lips from hers. He remarked that she didn't move her lips over his. She didn't respond to his touch, only her nails were back working his arms and hands. She was fighting, while he enjoyed her warm lips on his and didn't even remark her struggle to get free from him.

In one moment Khushi was in his arms and in next, she pushed him away. This surprised him but in the moment he saw sheer terror in her eyes, he walked automatically one step back to calm her and give her space from his presence. Khushi looked at him horrified, while her hand removed traces of his touch from her lips. No words were spoken but this wasn't needed, because now, she showed him how disgusted she was because of his touch. It was written all over her face and was a picture he won't be able to remove from his memories for his whole life.

Observing her face while he thought how to proceed with her, Arnav realized, he wasn't the only one who fought with feelings. After the first shock and disgust Khushi showed, other feelings came to surface, too. The anger, the fear. All was written in her beautiful eyes and Arnav wanted to remove all of them and replace it with better, nicer feelings. He didn't want her to be angry. He didn't want her to feel fear. He definitely didn't want her to feel disgust when she looks at him again. Not now. Not ever again.

Whatever happened in the past, should stay in the past. No matter what she did, with all these guys, he simply didn't care anymore. The difference between then and now is, that he learned a lot from his uncle. This formed him to someone else, to someone better. Someone more mature. Someone who sees the two sides of a coin and not only one side of a story. He didn't ask her then what was the reason she lived the way she lived, and he will not start with this now. Maybe one day he will ask her, but not right now.

All he wanted in this moment was, to have her with him. Be close to her again. Three years full of loneliness are enough. He was tired. So tired of being without her that his heart hurt and his chest burns, when he thinks about being alone again.

*

>>I am going to leave you alone so that you can remove your clothes and sit inside the tub. I give you one minute before I come back.<<

He walked to door, >>One minute Khushi, or I am going to be the one who will make sure you sit inside the tub. Naked.<<

Arnav leaves the bathroom but not before he took the key out and put it inside his pocket so that she couldn't lock the door.

***

Khushi stood there on the wall and her eyes filled with tears. She wasn't weak or sad because he forced her into this kiss. No, she fought like a warrior against his assault. The red traces are fully visible on his hands and arms. She was sure she will not give up and fight against the devil who destroyed her every dream.

The tears run down her cheek and she hated herself for her feelings. She cursed herself for remembering their first kiss. For still knowing how their first touch felt. She hated what pictures he awakened inside her head with his one kiss. How much power he still held over her body, even they were separated for three years.

How comes that she remembered every single moment with him, even she didn't even think about him in the last three years? How comes that her heart beat against her chest when Arnav pressed himself against her body? It worked like it wanted to touch him with every beat. This man was her enemy. The devil who destroyed her every hope.

She believed his every word. She knew he will come back and do what he impended to do if she wasn't fast enough for his liking. She started to remove her clothes and sat inside the tub. Even the water was warm, her body shook like there were ice cubes around her. She cried again and realized at the same time that she didn't cry for nearly three years. The warm water which should relax her muscles, was now there to receive her teardrops. The tears disappeared inside the tub and mixed with the water like they never existed, but the traces of them were fully visible on Khushi's face. There was no end in all this. Khushi couldn't stop to cry even she knew Arnav will come back and see her tears. When one tear disappeared inside the water, the next one was on the same way. Every single tear that followed the path of the previous one, seemed to want to refresh the trace that was left before. Like they wanted to remind Khushi to never forget about unseen scars Arnav have left on her soul.

***

Arnav took new clothes for Khushi, inclusive underwear and waited few minutes outside to give her enough time before he entered again the bathroom. Then he walked inside and placed her clothes on the small chair, then he looked to side to see her sitting inside the tub, her back facing him.

Actually he wanted to go out again, but something stopped him. Was it a sob, he heard coming from her? With fast steps he walked to her and looked down. White bubbles covered her whole body till her neck, her eyes looked down while big tears ran down her face.

He kneeled down and checked the water temperature. His heart beat like crazy, by the thought, that the water was too hot, even it was impossible, because he checked it before he walked out. The deep sound of relief left his mouth, when he realized that the water couldn't be the reason for her tears but something else. He felt the need to protect her. To do everything, to make her smile again.

>>What happen Khushi? Does your ribs hurt?<<, he replayed everything he did before and the possibility he could hurt her in the process, inside his head. The last thing he wanted was, that she felt any pain. He promised himself to give her painkiller as soon as she ate her food. Maybe then she would give him a little smile, or show any happiness that he craved to see inside her eyes.

He removed her tears with his fingers, >>please stop crying. I will fix everything. Promise. You don't need to care about anything anymore, but please give me one chance to fix my mistakes. I will never hurt you again. I swear on my death mother.<<

Khushi didn't react, she just looked to the tiled wall and continued crying. Arnac knew, he needed to do something to stop her from crying. The last thing he wanted, was to leave her alone, so he started to think about what could relax her. Few seconds later, he got the idea and took the shampoo in his hand.

>>I want to wash your hair.<<, he started to wet her hair and massaged the shampoo inside. Both were silent, both deep in their thoughts. He enjoyed to wash her hair and it seemed, Khushi relaxed more and more under his touch.

Arnav didn't look at any other place except her head. She should not feel ashamed. He just washed and massaged her head and hair. While he did this, he spoke to her.

>>I mean every word I said, earlier, when we met in the office. I don't know what you did to me. I can't sleep. Can't breathe. Not even think anymore. For three long years, I didn't live, I functioned. I don't know who I am anymore. I did one big mistake by bringing you back to them. My uncle was a good teacher when it came to life in general. He showed me the real world. The cruel reality under some girls have to live. And now, now that I finally got you back, Khushi. I know more than ever, that you are meant for me. That we are determined to be together. I know, I sound crazy. Maybe I even am. What I know is, I do not want to be ever without you, again. Not even God can separate me again from you. Not even him.<<

His every touch was soft. He touched like she was his most precious one while he spoke to her.

>>Be sure, you are safe with me now. You can trust me. I promise, I will never again, do something that could hurt you. Just give me one chance to prove it to you. Just one. Please, Khushi.<<

She jerked his hand away and looked with dark, burning eyes to him filled with hate. The message was clear even she doesn't spoke one word.

To hell with you, Arnav!   

Copyright©NilaKeis

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 12K 22
Love... Yes, he is in Love. He is in love with her from the day she has fallen in his arms. Yes, it is love at first sight indeed. The mighty ASR, w...
7.1K 600 5
She loves someone she can't have. He loves someone he shouldn't have. This is exactly what happened when Arnav met Khushi while he was in a steady re...
119K 5.2K 22
She is poor - He hates poor She loves him - He doesn't know she exists She serves him - He doubts her She lives for him - He leaves her Can her Love...
126K 5.8K 13
Finally married! But the adventure isn't over yet! This is the last in a four-part series set in the Secret Romance AU. I highly recommend reading...