Life Happens

By Layyah_Heart27

Layyah Hart. She's sarcastic yet the mother of her friend group. She's caring, she loves oreos and grapes mor... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHARACTER ANALYSIS
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
Happy World Book Day Readers!
-Not A Chapter-

CHAPTER 4

66 16 2
By Layyah_Heart27

Trapped In The Maze Of Choice
Tired Of Dead End Chaos
We've Been Searching For The Right Answer
Lost In The Maze, In The Darkness
-LOVE MAZE-

Layyah's POV

Lunch just ended and I almost peed on Jeonghan but at least I got 2 rice cakes. Worth it.

"OFF TO MUSIC JEONGHAN!" I say raising my fist into the air as if I'm going into a march.

"You're lead." He says gesturing for me to walk. New kid.

Once we get into the class we drop our backpacks on the shelves and sit around the instruments. Seeing the drums just reminds me of Jungkook. Army brain.

Mrs Gordon walks in soon after everyone settles down.

"Hi students. I hope you're all doing well."

Everyone just nods.

"You guys know every year we have a opening arts show to show the talents of the school and its students. This also helps out for people who want to take music, dance, drama or art as a profession. This show will expose your talents and give you the chance to get scouted for art colleges since admissions should be done way in advance since there aren't many of those of schools where we are, and they're quite expensive. So if you guys would like to do this as a profession, I hope you find great benefit within this but otherwise this is for you guys to have fun and raise funds for new equipment, instruments, art supplies etc."

We all nod our head in understanding.

"So I'm gonna need you guys to decide what you're going to do, whether its playing your instruments, singing a song, duets, trio's. Whatever you guys can and want to do. Whatever your strengths are, but you have to let me know by Friday so we can start with official class practices. I've got to evaluate them to fit them in with the other art departments schedules."

We all just listen intently. I think we're all relieved we're able to do things we want to do. It makes things so much easier.

"And Layyah, your voice is definitely one of our strong points so make sure to do a song that your voice really runs well with. We'll most probably end off with you for the music section." Mrs G says.

"Will do." I reply.

"Okay everyone start thinking of what you're gonna do, I'll be doing the admin." She says going to her desk.

"You can sing?" Zander asks, seeming shocked.

"Yeah, kinda."

"Since when?" He asks for clarification

"A really long time."

"Best in the school?"

"That's what Mrs Gordon says. I could argue. Although don't get me wrong, alot of people here have great voices and plus not alot of seniors do much in the art department. Very few actually participate in the events. I don't know how I gained the title of a good singer here. Mrs Gordon says I have a unique voice but I don't know. I sing for fun, not for other people's entertainment but at least this way the art department gets funds. Alot of the time, art gets little recognition because everyone, especially parents, think stem subjects are the only way for success. They tend to forget that passion is something that can give you a profession too. And through this, the students are able to express themselves so..."

"Wow, that's deep."

"Yeah sorry I didn't mean to get that serious while answering." I say starting to laugh at how that turned out.

"Its okay, but I'd like to hear you sing sometime."

"Well you're gonna have to, we have to practice. Speaking of, wanna do a duet?"

"I'd like that."

"Awesome then. You can play the guitar and I'll sing and we can join together for the chorus since you said you sing." I say thinking of which song we could do.

"That sounds good. What song though?"

"Is it cool if we do a bts song?"

"Yeah they have good music so I don't mind." He thinks they have good music? Good boy.

"Okay then let's do 'Make It Right', the version featuring lauv, with the acoustics. With that there's English as well as korean and what we normally do is put on the english lyrics on the tv screens for people to understand since this isn't my first Korean singing rodio." I say with a chuckle.

"Nice, when do you want to start practicing?" He asks with a really beautiful smile. He has a tiny dimple in his left cheek and I can't deal with how much prettier he is than me. So unfair.

"Whenever is good for you, I don't have much plans any time soon, oh and give me your phone."

He then takes it out of his pocket, unlocks it with a pattern that I can't remember cause he did it too fast and then hands it to me.

I immediately go into his contacts and tap: Add Contact and save my number on his phone. After I hand it back to him, we start going over the lyrics of 'Make It Right' and listening to the acoustic version as everyone is seemingly doing the same with their songs or instruments.

Soon enough the bell rings and we head off to history with Jeonghan walking beside me. I hope he's getting used to the school now.

And surprisingly the trio of sluts aren't here attacking me with their shitty so-called insults. The lead bitch, Catherine, has always had it out for me since I joined music during freshman year. I thinks it's because that's when we all took music for the first time, she was already mean in general, but then she started directing it at me after Mrs Gordon started taking note of my vocal abilities, such as giving me more parts and stuff...

Let's just say she wasn't a fan of that. I think it runs in my family though. My mom and aunts love to sing. I think I'm the only one who's public about it. Honestly though... I felt like playing 'Mic Drop' by BTS when I started getting more parts. I mean, I should be allowed to be proud of myself, that was a mic drop worthy moment.

Catherine and I are the same age yet she really doesn't act like it, along with her two minions who go along with whatever she commands them. Sounds really cliche but there are actually such groups in high schools.

That girl can and will find a flaw in you but somehow, she's perfect, at least from her perspective. And there aren't even senior sluts, or at least not much that I know of...cause I'm pretty sure they're not as petty, they're actually really nice and most of them are in good relationships anyway, you get those mean ones every once in awhile but you can't be liked by everyone.

Although she takes everything to a level to where it's really not needed. They're probably at the Malibu beach house being the plastics that they are. At least I get a day off from them.

"So how's this teacher?" Zander asks brushing his hair out of his face with his hand as we make our way into the class. His really, really soft looking hair. Oh god.

"He's not bad, alot like a robot, but very entertaining."

"Okay?" He says unsurely with a confused look on his face. He'll get what I mean soon enough.

As we walk into the class I see Daniel and Shane on their phone's, probably playing games. And I see Isaac standing by his friends, I nod my head towards them as a greeting and keep walking towards the middle of the class and sit down taking out my history textbook, since Mr David's mostly talks and we never really write notes. As Jeonghan was heading to my desk, getting subtle but also not so subtle stares from girls, Isaac comes and sits down next to me. I immediately receive glares from more girls in the class. Seriously sometimes having a friend with a nice face is a curse. Everyone just hates you for talking to them. The amount of times I face palm is mostly(if not always) because of these people. And when the guys make dirty jokes.

I immediately reach over and pull out the chair in front of me for Jeonghan to sit down. He smiles thankfully at me and then sits down and asks me a question I love to hear. No I am not being sarcastic FYI.

"So who's your favourite kpop group?" Asks Jeonghan.

"You don't know what you've just started." Isaac says shaking his head disapprovingly. I immediately send a smirk in his direction.

"My favourite group is BTS." I say, trying not to go into a rant since I'm pretty sure he knows enough about them considering you can't not know about them if you've lived in Korea.

"That was shorter than expected." I heard Isaac mumble to himself.

"Oh shut up, I can be brief when I want to be." I say directing a playful glare at him. He only chuckles, shaking his head in response.

"My baby sister loves BTS. She loves Jimin the most but don't tell her that or else she will defend herself saying she loves them all." Jeonghan says with a chuckle.

"That's cute" I say smiling at the thought of a mini girl version of Jeonghan saying that.

My friend Zach walks in a bit late, stumbling with his bag, holding his History textbook.

"Hey Zach! Take a seat." I say gesturing for him to sit by Jeonghan.

"Hey Layyah" Zach says and sits down next to Jeonghan.

"Hey, Zander this is Zach, another friend of mine."

I immediately start lifting my eyebrows up and down since Zach is a proud gay and he has a crush on Isaac. Just to tense him up a little bit I scoot closer to Isaac and start caressing his head and moving his hair out of his face. Zach knows I only think of Isaac as a friend but being extra does add fun to my day. I smirk heavily at Zach just to set him off and he pinches my arm.

"Ouch!"

"Mmmhmmmm. You know what you were doing." He says glaring at me.

I just scoot back to my original spot and smile at his reaction. Isaac, finding this normal since he knows Zach likes him, just gives me the look since he's not really comfortable with talking about it. I just stick my tongue out at him in response. He loves me too much to hate me anyway.

"Anywayyy Zander, Zach here swings for the pole, not for the hole. You got any gay friends I can set him up with?" I ask jokingly.

"Actually." He say with a smirk "I do. Dennis is gay. And he's always talking about how all the hot guys are straight and he would totally 'take me then and there' if I swung for the pole too so please." He says turning to face Zach. "Befriend him, date him, bang him for all I care but just get him to stop flirting with me." Zander tells Zach dead serious.

I can't help but snort as I try and hold in my laughter but the moment Isaac blows I do too. Poor Jeonghan... I totally wanna meet this Dennis guy.

"I wanna meet this guy." Zach replies smiling as he voices my thoughts.

"Well we could all meet up at the ice cream parlor in the park on Saturday and get to know everyone a little more?" I suggest excited at the thought of ice cream. Gotta love it. Unless its mint chocolate chip then the whole of BTS will go against you except J-hope and Jungkook. Speaking of, I need to have a Run BTS! marathon. Okay I'm getting off topic.

"That sounds good. Woohyun and Baekhyun are coming on Friday for a week so we can all come."

"That's awesome. Isaac, you coming?" I ask facing him.

"Yeah I haven't gone to that ice cream parlor in awhile, plus there's a cute cashier there." He says, probably thinking about the girl. I roll my eyes. He never acts on the girls he thinks are cute, I swear I'm gonna make him drop his ice cream to go buy another one when we're all done paying, if she still works there at least. I'm such a great friend. *wink wink*

"Zach?" I ask for confirmation.

"A hot gay guy looking for a boyfriend, three korean guys AND ice cream? Of course I'm coming."

I chuckle at the answer. Shannon is so gonna flip when she hears she's gonna meet the korean guys so soon.

I think I'll only have Shannon and Zach come over and maybe my cousin Aliyah, all my friends know her, we all hang out quite often. We're the same age, although she goes to another school.

"I'll let the guys know and I'll give Dennis a heads up." Jeonghan says winking in Zach's direction. I swear I saw a tinge of red on Zach's cheeks. Oh hell no.

I immediately glare at Zach on instinct but quickly realise my actions and change my facial expression back to neutral, but I feel someone staring at me, I look at Isaac and see him smirking. Damn observant bitch. I immediately show him the finger.

One more lesson and this day is over.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

A/N: hey y'all

Layyah's reaction to Zach blushing was a little somethin somethin😙

Vote and Comment💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.3K 1.2K 22
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
942K 21.5K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
1M 32.2K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #1 in overprotective #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her ent...
151K 6.5K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...