In the eyes of her beholder(B...

By S_Mmak

Tragedy brings two people from different backgrounds together . Gabriel is an Italian billionaire and Sierra... More

DISCLAIMERS
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
A/N
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
UPDATE
UPDATES
UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS

Chapter 17

1.8K 132 3
By S_Mmak

Gabriel's POV

As unconventional as it sounds I miss her. I tried to shut my heart towards love but slowly she's creeping into it like she belongs in there.

Her absence this evening has shown me how much I've come to depend on her even for the littlest of things. Although I missed her I was happy that she was happy even if i couldn't see her smile but i felt it, deep in my bones. It feels like I could see her when I close my eyes but i still wanted to see how she looked in the dress I got for her but im sure It would be nothing short of flawless just like her name Sierra. The first time i said her name it came off my tongue so casually like I had known it before then.

The faster I go to sleep the faster it is for tomorrow to get here and for me to feel her presence.

**********

"Morning sleepy head." Luca woke me up from the perfect dream I was having, whatever he has to stay gotta be good if not I'm cutting off his big fat head.

"Yeahh im up. Why'd you come into the room without knocking though" he gave me that kind of look that indicated had to be crazy.

"Gabriel when do I ever knock on your room door though." I thought of it. It was true he never did knock before coming in, he was all in on someone else's business never minding his.

"So whatsup? Is there a problem? You better have a good reason for waking me up this early." I deadpan.

"Dr. Grant wants you to come in today. To the hospital, he has something to tell you. But he wants you to come in privately and quietly. He says it's urgent " I hadn't heard from Dr. Grant in a while and I was honestly loosing hope but i guess there's still a ray of light at the end of the tunnel. Deciding there was no more time to waste, I had to get ready.

"Luca could you help me get something to wear, we need to get to his office in an hour and also call him and tell him we'll be there by 9. The earlier the better. I'll go have a quick shower."

"Will do. I'll be out here waiting."

**********

"Everything will be ready by next week, so just get ready to fly to India."

We had just finish having a meeting with Dr. Grant my mum was here and Luca also accompanied us to the doctors. We were currently in the car on our way to drop my mum off and then head on home . I was deep in thought. Everything would soon change again. These past few months my life had been one hell of a rollercoaster. They say change is the only thing that's constant but the change in my life happened all almost simultaneously and my life was about to change again. I was looking forward to this because this was a good change. I would be able to see the faces of the people i love and the things I love. I would be able to go back to work and drive on my own and not depend on anyone to help go down for breakfast,lunch and dinner. And once I get my eyesight back, I'll make sure to tell Sierra how i feel about her. You might be wondering what was stopping me from telling her right now but i was too afraid of rejection. I know she wouldn't want someone like me, blind and unable to help myself and i wanted to be something more for her.

Someone she could depend on and have faith in bit right now i wasn't that person. She would probably be at home by now right? And i still needed to give her the remaining birthday present I had for her. I hope she likes it.

Sierra's POV

I was finally on my way to Gabriel's house, a place I called home for the past month . I had learnt to call this place home, I couldnt even imagining leaving here. Leaving him. But every thing must come to an end right?

I got down from the car and walked towards the house with the little luggage they had gotten for me which was at the hotel. I went straight up to my room dropped my luggage off and went for Gabriel's room. I knocked on his door but there was no response. After knocking for the fourth time i decided to go to the kitchen and ask Mrs. Buono about the where about of Gabriel.

"Good morning Mrs. Buono" I got her attention as she was engrossed in what she was doing in the sink.

"Oh my dear Sierra. You're back." She smiled at me.

"How was your birthday dinner?"

"Oh it was really good. The food was really nice but it can't beat your cooking" I said with a laugh and she laughed too.

"Uhmm Mrs. Buono where's Gabriel? I knocked on his door and he wasn't there." Going straight to the point.

"Ohh Mr. Gabriel left with his friend Luca this morning right after breakfast. I think he had a doctor's appointment."

So he went to the doctor? I wonder what was wrong with him. Was he alright, I hope he is.

*********

I was downstairs waiting for Gabriel and Luca to get back. I was binge watching the real housewives of Australia wondering why it's taking them so long to get back.

And then I finally heard the front door open up. I immediately put off whatever I was watching and ran towards the front door to see Luca helping Gabriel into the house and i couldn't help but smile, he was okay.

"Hi" I said bringing them out of whatever conversation they were having. After saying that they both looked in my direction. And i smiled at the both of them.

"Im back" I said with an open arm gesture.

"Wow wow wow the princess is ba....." Luca said.

"Welcome Sierra how was your night? Did you sleep alright?" Gabriel interrupted him before he could finish his sentence.

"Well yesterday I had one of the best nights sleep I've ever had in my life. The bed was so comfortable and i got to see my family. I'm very happy. Thank you."

He smiled at my response. "Your welcome. Sierra. I wanted to do something for you for once and what better day to do it than on your birthday." Just then Luca cleared his throat.

"If you guys are done with whatever is happening here" he made a funny movement with his hand.

"Can we please go get lunch. I'm starving." I laughed at his facial expression.

Lunch was kind of quiet apart from Luca making a few comments here and then you couldn't hear anything else except the clattering of utensils then and now. I wanted to ask what happened at the doctors but i feel that would be me crossing boundaries I wasnt allowed to cross.

"My eye surgery is going to be done in a week's time." Gabriel spoke up like he could read what was going through my mind and immediately i looked up from my plate.

"Really? That's a really good news. I'm happy for you." My statement was true to an extent. I was really happy for him and this was definetely a good news but once he got his eyesight back it would mean I wasnt needed any longer. After he gets his eye surgery were exactly would we stand, would I even be able to see him as our world's were so different they shouldn't even co exist?

"Sierra after lunch can I speak with you? In my room it's really important." I gave my head a nod as my mind wasn't here at all. But remembering he couldn't see me I gave him a sure.

*********

I was currently in Gabriel's room waiting for him to tell me what he wanted to say.

"So" he started.

"Sierra"

"Gabriel" we both said at the same time and we both laughed that kind of eased the tension building between us.

"You go first." I said to Gabriel. And he nodded his head and continued.

He put his hand in his pocket and brought out a little box. The box kind of looked like an antique box. It was old looking but beautiful. I wonder what was in it.

"I know your birthday was yesterday but i still want to give you this." And then he handed it to me. Looking at him in amusement and collecting it from him, I opened the box and saw the most beautiful necklace I had ever seen. It looked like it wasn't a new design but it looked beautiful nonetheless. It was silver and shiny and the pendant had different beautiful flowers on it, also in silver and at the back it had an abbreviation, just like the one i saw on the piano. LSG.

"Its so beautiful" I finally spoke up, I didn't know why he was giving me this. It looked like it was a family heirloom and i felt unworthy to have it.

"I'm glad you like it. It was my grandmother's. Laurette Sander Giovanni. I'm sure you've seen the abbreviation at the back of the pendant. It's also on her piano. She loved flowers so much that my grandfather made that for her before he died. She gave it to me before she died and I've cherished it ever since now i want you to cherish it."

I was awestruck, why would he give me something like this. I didnt think I even deserved it.

"But why? Why would you give it to me. I'm sure your grandmother would have wanted you to give it to someone special to you and I honestly think that isn't me. This is too much I can't accept it."

"Please Sierra, you're right she would want me to give it to someone special, that's why I'm giving it to you Sierra. You're very special to me. You might not know how special you are to me, hell, I might not even know it but i want you to have it. Please Sierra accept it. Okay?" I looked up into his eyes and he looked so sincere about what he just said. Wow, he said i was special to him. I couldnt believe my ears.

"I'll keep it. Thank you so much." I kept down the necklace and moved closer to him and hugged him and he wrapped his arms around me too.

Maybe there was hope for the both of us after all.

Woww I wrote this chapter for like 3 days. It was kind of hard but im done. Next chapter will be up soon guys so stay tuned. Things will soon start to take a wild turn. I hope you guys stay tuned for that. Thanks to everyone who has this book in their library and everyone that follows it and shares and gives my book likes. You guys are the best. I hope we all go through this rollercoaster together and i hope we all stay to the end to witness Sierra and Gabriel's story. Love you lovelies. Xx💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6M 302K 56
When Ava gets offered a job as a maid at the Chastain estate it almost seems to be too good to be true. The work is easy and fair, her coworkers seem...
17.9K 688 40
A very innocent teen girl who have zero knowledge about the outer world became the replaced bride of a handsome, cold hearted,Cruel billionaire... Wi...
23 19 19
Florence is just your everyday young woman on a quest to discover herself. She's no stranger to setbacks, self-doubt, and the timeless struggle of fi...
1.1K 19 10
After losing her mother, Lydia's father takes a big step just to pay off his debt putting Lydia's life at risk. But tables turn and Lydia is saved by...