Dark Despair (Book 2: Togethe...

By queennightfurious

"We're training everyone to ride dragons." Drago is back and has allied with Grimmel. Sky is the alpha, she i... More

Trigger Warnings
Prologue
Denial
Forgiveness
The Rescues
Alive
Reveals
Preparing for War
Setting sail
The Hidden World
War Cry
Love on the Battlefield
Grimmel and Drago
Worth it?
Aftermath of War
Fish makes us Understand
Dreamchaser
Soulmates
Toothless's Welcome
Memories
Defenders
Dragon Lady
Snoggletog
A/N #1
Delta
Magnar
Trillium
Captive
A/N #2
Too close
The Mist Disperses
Saving Mist
A/N #3
Chieftess
A/N #4
My life is CURSED
So close
Hiccup's Alive
And... He's back
Lessons and Setbacks
Seeing you again
Character guide

The First Rescue

102 2 6
By queennightfurious

Hiccup's POV

I was closing in on Grimmel's base. It was then that I saw the full extent of his armada. There were cages on every boat. Enough for every single dragon living on Berk and so many of the dragons in the Hidden World.

His base was situated on an island. I saw that the boats were all docked around this island and that some of the cages held dragons.

It was nearing nightfall. I would need that cover for my approach. It was while hovering over the armada that I realized that Toothless could be anywhere.

Shoot!

Guess I'm going to have to come up with a new plan.

I left for a nearby sea stack. I saw that it had a nice cave in it that made it possible for me to stay hidden while watching the armada.

What if I take out a ship every now and then. Send the dragons to Berk, with a message. Hmmm... I'll need to be careful. If Grimmel gets ahold of me it's all over.

A half of an hour later, I took off with the cover of night I dove into the armada and shifted upon impact with the deck.

I listened carefully. Nothing.

"Okay, are there any dragons here?"

"Yes, one in practically every cage, Scaleless." One voice called out.

"Why would you tell him that?" A voice called from behind.

"Haven't you heard of the legend of peace?" The first voice retorted.

"What? That old thing? It's just a myth. A legend. It's not real." A third voice shouted.

"I'll prove to you I won't harm you. I am part of the legend of peace." I called.

"SURE, you are." A fourth voice said.

"Yah! if peace really was coming then why are we all still in cages?" The second voice said.

"Because I'm here to free you," I called back. There was no response. Only silence. "You all are going to have to trust me. When I free you, you have to be quiet and some of you need to head West and some East."

"What's West and East?" The first voice asked.

"East is a village of people who love dragons. I changed their minds about all of you five years ago. West is the Hidden World. You'll be safe in either place I promise."

"The Hidden World's a myth and I don't trust vikings." Said yet another voice.

"Then head in a different direction."

"I will." The voice replied. The dragons soon split up who was going where, while I set them all free.

Eventually, I came across the boat patrol. I held my finger to my lip for all the dragons to be quiet. The guard became unsettled by the sudden silence that flooded over the ship. A dragon in a cage nearby blew out enough air through its nose to blow the lantern out.

The guard got a match out and before he relit the lantern I knocked him out cold. The dragons threw him into a cage that had just been emptied.

I got to the last cage and opened it. I took the muzzle off of the Dramillion and shifted. The dragons near me startled but quickly composed themselves.

I whispered, "Now."

All of the dragons passed the whisper on and took off. All of them flying all over the place.

Chaos took place among Drago's men, who were trying to recover all of the dragons they had just lost.

I bid farewell to all of the dragons and went back to my hiding place to wait out the night.

Two days later

Delta's POV

The gang, minus Astrid and Snotlout, had finally come back.

"Well, it took you guys long enough."

"You don't seem too happy. What's wrong?" Rowan asked.

"Well, besides going to war against-"

"War?" Fishlegs questioned while looking concerned.

"Yes, war. We need to protect the dragons. Now hurry up. We need to rally these people for war in a month's time." They stood there shocked. 

I walked towards the arena and they quickly followed.

"Where's Astrid?" Fishlegs asked.

"She's not here, she's off in the Hidden World, with her boyfriend, preparing for war."

"What!? But I thought-" Snotlout started.

"No-one cares," we all said together.

"Okay, so what's up with this war?" Tuffnut asked. "I mean not that we don't love a good war, but..."

"Yeah, we love war. It's awesome!" 

"And bloody!"

"And violent!"

"And awesome!"

"I already said awesome."

"Well, it's just so awesome that it had to be said twice!"

"Can't argue with that logic, brother. Up top!" The twins high-fived.

I rolled my eyes.

"That is a good question. Why are we going to war? Also, did you say Astrid's boyfriend, as in Hiccup, came back?" Fishlegs asked.

"Yes, Hiccup came back. He needed our help."

"My cous needed help. Ha!" Snotlout said.

"Yes, he does. The Hidden World was already on the brink of war when he came here. They are going against the Fury Killer, more commonly known as Grimmel the Grisly and maybe even the Dragon Conqueror, we hope that the Dragon Conqueror is dead, but..."

"So why is the Hidden World going to war against them?" Snotlout asked. For once sounding smart.

"They want peace. Grimmel killed nearly every Night Fury in one day. Drago, the Dragon Conqueror, has been amassing an army of dragons to conqueror the world. The furies really really hate Grimmel for obvious reasons, and all dragons hate Drago because he's taking their freedom."

"Why is Berk getting involved with this then?" Tuffnut asked.

"Because Hiccup is one of us. He is a Berkian and he needed our help. Also, we are dragon-people now. We love dragons and will fight for their freedom as well. One other thing, Drago is planning to take over the world with his dragon army so we need to stop him anyway."

"I love this plan," Ruffnut said, I shook my head.

"Okay. So what is our plan?" Fishlegs asked.

"We're training everyone to ride dragons."

5 hours later

"Well, that went better than expected," Rowan commented.

Almost the entire village had shown up. Only a few, who either already knew how to ride well, were too young, too old, or too sick, didn't show up. 

"Yeah. I didn't think that so many people would want to ride," Ruffnut said.

"Agreed," I said. "It was a good turn out. Even if we were only able to pair a few people."

"We are going to need a better plan," Fishlegs stated.

"Yeah. How about we split the jobs?" I said.

"Good idea, sis. Fishlegs should be in charge of sign-up." Rowan said. We all agreed.

I quickly said, "I want to do pairing!" 

"Okay, got it," Fishlegs said.

"Wait... You're writing this down?" We all asked at the same time.

"Well, someone has to." He quickly replied. "Rowan, you're in charge of training tracker class dragons. Ruff, Tuff, can you promise me you'll behave and stay on task?"

"Ummm..." They said.

"I need a guarantee before I give you any role at all. Actually, this goes for Snotlout as well. No acting as if you are better than everyone else." He continued.

"Okay, okay we agree." All three of them said at the same time.

"So. That makes Snotlout in charge of Stoker class dragons and the twins in charge of mystery class dragons. That leaves, Boulder class, Tidal class, and Mystery class." He finished.

"Well, we already trained Gobber with Grump, he could do Boulder class," I said.

"No, he can't he's busy making saddles." Fishlegs corrected.

"Oh yeah! Maybe I could work with all three of them on the same days. But, only if we get everyone a dragon tomorrow."

"No need to worry, sis. I'll take over from you tomorrow. We'll rotate." I smiled at him. 

"Thank, Thor. Now that that's sorted out I'm going to bed."

As I was walking back to my house with Rowan, we stopped to watch the sunset. Just as the sun was sinking below the horizon We saw the flock of dragons who were flying over Berk stop and one Razorwhip flew down to talk to us. 

We stood up.

"Excuse me, is this Berk?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 394 29
Since the battle with the Red Death, Viking and Dragons lived in harmony, thanks to two misfits: a scrawny boy named Hiccup, and the mightiest specie...
169K 3.7K 34
The events in this book are set after HTTYD 2. Hiccup and Toothless have defeated Drago and become the rightful Alpha and Chief, and Berk has finally...
170 1 2
Was going to be a one-shot but I decided to turn it into an actual book. Oh I decided to change Hiccup's age, so when they defeated the Red death...
9.4K 233 27
What if Hiccup left Berk when he won the chance to kill a dragon all those years ago? Six years after Hiccups mysterious disappearance, a new Chief...