New Look | Swedish Royal Fami...

By ThelovelyAngels

Settling for a lonely life, Sibylla never thought she would overcome her fears of letting another man into he... More

๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐‹๐จ๐จ๐ค
๐๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐’๐ข๐›๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐’๐ฐ๐ž๐๐ž๐ง
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐จ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐ข๐ฏ๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ข๐ฑ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐„๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐๐ข๐ง๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ž๐ง
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐„๐ฅ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐„๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐†๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ

๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž

3.5K 78 17
By ThelovelyAngels

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes.
Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow.
Let reality be reality.
Let things flow naturally forward in
whatever way they like.

—Lao Tzu

Prologue
June 11, 2007

"Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honour her and keep her, in sickness and in health? And, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?" The archbishop asked Harold.

Silence.

Harold closed his eyes and didn't speak. Seconds pass and still his eyes remained closed at the archbishop.

Sibylla looked over at him with a smile then a frown once she saw his eyes were closed and dropped his hand.

"Harold?" he heard Sibylla whisper beside him and he looked at her.

"Sir?" The archbishop then asked taking Harold's eyes away from Sibylla and to him.

"I'm sorry." Harold said towards the archbishop and gasps are heard throughout the chapel but he couldn't care less.

"Harold." Sibylla said.

Harold turned towards Sibylla who had an astounded look on her face; her mouth open in shock and it seemed that she hadn't processed what's happening yet.

His face was torn with anguish.

"I'm sorry but you deserve someone better; someone who can love you fully; I'm not ready to get married. I thought I was, but I'm not. Please don't cry." Harold said.

Sibylla forced herself to hold back her tears.

"Why are you doing this?" Sibylla asked as she could see from the corner of her eye, see her father fuming with rage.

"I do love you Sibylla, but not enough to marry you. I don't want to hold you back, and tell everyone that I am sorry." Harold answered.

"No, you stay here and tell everyone. I won't be left at the altar, by a jackass like you." Sibylla said as she turned and began walking down the aisle and out of the chapel with her head held high as I heard the voices.

"I'm going to personally kill him..."

"I can't believe he would do that to her..."

"They loved each other so much, what went wrong..."

~•~•~

Sibylla threw the bouquet to the floor, and flopped into the chair before she started crying. This isn't fair.

"Sib, I am so sorry" Madeleine whispered, quickly running to her side.

"I'm going to kill him." Carl Philip growled, clenching his fists.

"No you are not." Victoria shouted, eye to eye with Carl Philip.

"Yes I am." Carl Philip remarked, storming out of the room, with Victoria right behind him.

Sibylla's Mother, Silvia sat on her knees right in front of her. She placed her hands on her knees, and used her other hand to lift her chin to make her look at her.

"I'm so sorry, my dear." My mother whispered, running her hand through her hair.

"I hate him." Sibylla said.

"I know, my dear." Silvia said.

Pulling at her uncomfortable hairstyle, she let several loose tendrils frame her face. Next, she took out the tight bun, and her braided hair hung down her back.

Sibylla didn't stop there. This gown had weighed her down for too long. It was time for it to go as well.

"I hate him." Sibylla said as she cried her heart out.

~•~•~

Princess Sibylla left at the altar for the world to see

Her Royal Highness Princess Sibylla of Sweden was ditched by her partner of four years, Harold Christensen, during their religious ceremony in front of 1,200 guests.

Now Sibylla, has revealed her heartache over what she believes to be the ultimate betrayal.

'I was betrayed. Never in a million years did I think that I would be in this position,' she said. 'I should be on my honeymoon and planning how many kids I want, but instead I'm heartbroken by a man who I thought loved me.'

'Everybody tells me that I had a lucky escape but I feel like he cheated me out of all the years we were in a relationship,' she added.

~•~•~
One year later
August 14 2009

Princess Sibylla of Sweden's ex-fiancé Harold Christensen marries

Princess Sibylla of Sweden's ex-fiancé Harold Christensen married his fiancée Jasmine Bergamot on Saturday.

The Swedish lawyer wed his partner – one of Sibylla's best friends from childhood – in the charming Stora Mellosa Church of the beautiful town of Orebro in the very heart of Sweden.

The nuptials took place just one year after he left former fiancée, Princess Sibylla at the altar.

~•~•~
April 26 2010

Royal wedding called off amid cheating claims

Sweden's Princess Madeleine calls off wedding with lawyer Jonas Bergstrom

Split follows media reports that Bergstrom had fling with student

Princess' older sister due to be married in June
Princess Madeleine and Bergstrom met through mutual friends in 1999

(CNN) -- Sweden's Princess Madeleine has called off her planned wedding to Jonas Bergstrom, the Swedish Royal Court announced, following press reports that Bergstrom was "intimate" with a college student during their engagement.

"After having thought it through thoroughly, the Princess Madeleine and Mr. Jonas Bergstrom have made the decision to go their separate ways," the court statement said.

The couple asked for "peace and quiet in this difficult situation. The extreme coverage by the press is not making this situation any easier for them," said the court statement, which was released Saturday.

Princess Madeleine Therese Amelie Josephine, 27, is the youngest child of Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia. Her older sister, Crown Princess Victoria, is due to marry gym owner Daniel Westling in June.

The split follows weeks of intense press coverage of the Swedish royal family, speculating on the state of the couple's relationship.

"I think it is great that we can now avoid all those speculations in the press about them that we have had over the last week. This has certainly cleared the air," said Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, the former head of press at the royal court and now the royal commentator for CNN affiliate Swedish TV4.

"It felt like the end of a road where they had to turn one way or the other, and now they have chosen their path," Tarras-Wahlberg said in an interview with TV4.

Princess Madeleine and Bergstrom met through shared friends in 1999 and became a couple during the summer of 2002, according to Swedish media reports. Madeleine said in an interview that it was love at first sight, and Bergstrom said he "fell in love with her blue eyes and wonderful laughter," Swedish daily Expressen wrote.

But through the years, Swedish press has been full of speculations about the ups and downs in the couple's relationship. According to Swedish daily Aftonbladet, there were reports of Bergstrom living a wild party life at Stockholm's exclusive night clubs as early as 2005, fueling reports their relationship was on the rocks.

But Bergstrom proposed to Madeleine last June on the Italian island of Capri. After King Carl Gustaf XVI gave his approval -- and the Swedish government subsequently signed off on their engagement as required by law -- the couple announced their engagement to the public on August 11.

But just as quickly as the engagement was announced, something happened. The couple last appeared together in public at the Nobel dinner in Stockholm in December 2009. Over the last few weeks, Swedish press has covered the couple's potential problems with an intensity never seen before.

The first public admittance that something was not right came when Queen Silvia told Aftonbladet on April 13 that her youngest daughter's wedding would not happen this year as planned. She told the paper that there was too much going on with the preparations for the Crown Princess' wedding and that Madeleine deserved peace and quiet around her own wedding.

Then, on Wednesday, Norwegian magazine Se og Hor published an interview with Norwegian handball star Tora Uppstrom Berg in which she claimed she had been "intimate" with Bergstrom during a night at Swedish ski resort Are last year. She told the magazine that he called himself Jacob Bernstrom, and that it wasn't until she called his cell phone a few days later that she realized who he was.

According to Aftonbladet, Berg is studying photography at Art University College in Bournemouth. The paper reported that Berg had planned to hide in England when the interview was published, but because of the ash cloud from the Icelandic volcano Eyjafjallajokull, she was stuck in Norway when the news broke.

The Swedish press continued to speculate on the couple's problems, writing that the two had seen a couple counselor and outlining what they called Bergstrom's "double life" -- by day, a respected lawyer and fiancé, at night, partying with Stockholm's elite.

Tarras-Wahlberg said it was likely Madeleine's decision.

"I don't think anyone has pushed them into this decision. Madeleine is a decisive individual and she knows what she wants, but of course this decision has been taken during discussions together with the rest of the royal family," Tarras-Wahlberg said.

"I think it is a good thing that they were able to get this cleared away before Victoria's wedding, since with the speed of the media today, by that time there will be plenty of other wonderful things to talk about so that this will only be somewhere in the background," Tarras-Wahlberg said.

~•~•~
June 19, 2010

The wedding of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, and Daniel Westling took place on 19 June 2010 in Stockholm Cathedral.

~•~•~
April 29, 2011

The wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton took place on 29 April 2011 at Westminster Abbey in London, United Kingdom.

~•~•~
June 8, 2013

The wedding of Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland, and the British-born American financier Christopher O'Neill took place in Stockholm on 8 June 2013.

~•~•~
Blind Date
February 2, 2014

"Serena." Sibylla said as Serena stood and made up a terrible excuse to leave Adonis and Sibylla.

They were alone together. Sibylla tried not to let her nerves overcome her manners, but it was becoming difficult.

She simply didn't know what to say. She absently smoothed down her dress across her knees and tried not to fidget.

He solved the problem for her, "This is a blind date, isn't it?" Adonis asked with a nervous smile.

"Yes, I believe so." Sibylla answered.

"So, Sibylla, what do you do?" Adonis asked.

"My father is the King of Sweden so, I work to represent him and the country through various things such as meeting with foreign leaders and making sure our country evolves by creating programs that help our people." Sibylla answered.

"So, you're a princess that can play football." Adonis said.

"Oh, I just learned how to play American football the day before I agreed to participate in the in the DirecTV Beach Bowl with Serena. It was a very tragic practice but it was fun. I can see why Americans love it." Sibylla said.

She laughed, a musical tinkling laugh that made him smile.

Adonis liked that laugh. He felt himself relax a little.

"So, what do you do?" Sibylla asked.

"I'm a professional footballer, businessman, film producer and director." Adonis answered.

"What kind of businessman are you? What team do you play for?" Sibylla asked.

"I'm in a business of investing array of stocks, bonds, privately controlled companies, and real estate holdings worldwide. I currently play for the LA Galaxy, also known as the Los Angeles Galaxy." Adonis answered.

"Maybe that's why I do not recognize you, you play for the worst team ever." Sibylla said.

"Hey." Adonis said with a frown.

"I'm sorry but have you guys won any games this year?" Sibylla asked.

"At least three." Adonis answered.

"I'll have to go do my research to make sure you're aren't lying to me." Sibylla said.

"I would never lie to a beautiful woman like you." Adonis said.

"So, you only lie to ugly women?" Sibylla asked.

"No, my mother raised me to never lie to woman." Adonis answered.

They finished their salads at almost the same time. "Are you two ready for the main courses?" The waiter asked, causing both of them to jump.

"Yes," they said together.

Adonis laughed, "Please, you go ahead." He said.

Sibylla chuckled, "Alright, I'm going to have the the Pepper-Crusted Sirloin with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, please." She answered the waiter.

"And I'll have Beef Tenderloin with Balsamic Asparagus." Adonis said.

~•~•~
June 13, 2015

The wedding of Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland, and Sofia Hellqvist took place on 13 June 2015 at Slottskyrkan, Stockholm.

~•~•~
Five years later
August 20 2016

"You're finally here, Sib, I feel like I never see you anymore." William said as I entered his apartment.

"Well, I have been busy with my forever growing family but I came to check in on my favorite person." I said.

"Sibylla!" Catherine exclaimed as William and I entered the sitting room where a group of people were sitting there including Harry.

"Oh my Gosh! Dum Sibylla, am I interrupting?" I asked.

"No, you are not." William said as he made me sit next to him and Catherine who handed me a wine glass filled with red wine.

"Thank you." I said.

"Sibylla, this is Meghan Markle, my girlfriend. Meg, meet Princess Sibylla of Sweden." Harry said.

"It's nice to meet you, Your Royal Highness." Meghan said.

"Oh no, please call me, Sibylla or Sib. It's nice to meet the woman, Harry will marry one day." I said.

"Sib." Harry said.

"What? She's the one and I want dibs on being godmother or at least a namesake when you realize that I'm right." I said.

"Right." Harry said as Meghan smiled.

"So, how long have you two been dating?" I asked as I took a sip of my wine.

"Barely two months." Meghan answered.

"Wow, you two look so in love for barely two months." I said.

"Thank you, Sib." Harry said.

~•~•~
A year later
November 16, 2017

Princess Sibylla of Sweden attends Serena Williams' Wedding to Alexis Ohanian

Princess Sibylla of Sweden and Tennis star Serena Williams have known each other since 2006.

In 2007, Serena attended Princess Sibylla failed religious ceremony in Sweden.

In 2014, (L-R) Princess Sibylla, Serena Williams, and Joe Montana participated in the DirecTV Beach Bowl at Pier 40 on February 1, 2014 in New York.

The Princess of Sweden was one of 200 guests invited to Serena Williams' wedding to Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian on Thursday in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Princess Sibylla dressed in a green velvet gown by Stello with silver stilettos and Susan Eisen jewelry, as seen in photos from the wedding provided exclusively to Vogue.

Princess Sibylla also shared photos of her look on Instagram Sunday, which the Princess has over 11 million followers.

~•~•~
Ten years later
July 4, 2017

Princess Sibylla of Sweden recovering from brain tumor surgery

The Swedish Royal opens up about battle with brain tumor

Princess Sibylla is stepping down from her royal duties in the wake of surgery to remove a brain tumor, the Royal court said Monday.

The annoucement came the same day Princess Sibylla revealed in a People magazine cover story that she recently underwent surgery for a golf ball-size meningioma brain tumor.

Sibylla's surgeon was able to remove almost 100% of the tumor, which was benign, during a complicated seven-hour surgery, she told the publication.

"He said there's a six to seven percent chance that we'll see it come back," said Sibylla, who is recovering at home. "But I'll take those odds any day."

"I just want to be still for a bit and see what I'm supposed to be in this world," Sibylla said. "For me, sharing this story is important on so many levels."

The diagnosis came after Sibylla began feeling lightheaded and suffering from headaches and slurred speech in February.

Sibylla said she views it all as a "blessing" that has brought her family closer.

It's also made her re-evaluate her life and health, she said.

~•~•~
Women's Health
January 26, 2018

Princess Sibylla of Sweden Shares Never-Before-Revealed Details About Life After Her Brain-Tumor Diagnosis

"It's freed me of all that anxiety of having to be perfect."

At the time of her cover shoot for Women's Health, HRH Princess Sibylla of Sweden is four months out from having surgery to remove a brain tumor the size of a golf ball, and she's still dealing with the aftereffects.

While being photographed on a Malibu cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the 39-year-old royal is suddenly overcome with dizziness—and worry. Is it altitude sickness, she wonders, or something worse? She excuses herself, sets off to find a quiet spot, and closes her eyes.

"Normally I'd soldier on," Sibylla says a few hours later, chilling on a chaise. "But I needed a break." She scoops up her hair and gently rubs her scalp behind her right ear where her surgeon made an incision she compares to "a long cat scratch." "Whenever I'm not feeling well, I'll feel my scar to remind me to slow down." Easier said than done for an overworked, overscheduled, self-described "superachiever" who, until recently, has known only two speeds: fast and faster.

In April 2017, an MRI revealed that Sibylla had a brain tumor. Although hers turned out to be a benign form called a meningioma, it still required major brain surgery.

For Sibylla, recovery has been frustratingly slow; it was several weeks before she felt steady enough on her feet to walk just one block from her home. But the forced bed rest brought unexpected, life-changing epiphanies.

Sibylla had endless hours to take an unflinching look at the person she'd become. Ultimately, she decided it was someone she no longer wanted to be.

"This whole thing has been such a gift," Sibylla says, tears filling her eyes. "This happened for a reason. I'm a communicator." By which she means, she intends to use her public voice to get a message out to other women: Give yourself as much TLC as you give other people in your life.

During the next 100 minutes, she cries freely and often, especially when recalling how her relentless drive to prove herself as a royal and entrepreneur took precedence over focusing on her family, friends, even her own health.

Her second-chance-at-life realizations, told here in her own words, prove the power of resilience.

~•~•~
May 19, 2018

The wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was held on 19 May 2018 in St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle in the United Kingdom.

~•~•~

Princess Sibylla of Sweden attends Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Wedding.

~•~•~

"You know that could have been us." Adonis said as he sits next to me as we watch Harry and Meghan have their first dance.

"Not here, Adonis." I said.

"Then when? Because you've been ignoring me for months, Sibylla?" He asked.

"Adonis." I answered.

"Don't you think it's funny we have the same exact love story as them but we met two years earlier than them. This could have been...this could still be us but you're afraid." He said.

"And who says I want this?" I asked.

"Your eyes." He answered.

"Well, I do not." I said.

"I hope you know I won't give up on you or us." He said.

"I wish you would." I said.

"Not happening. Soon this will be us." He said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.5K 2K 24
Christian was born into British royalty, but yet he felt like an outsider until his uncle, the Prince of Wales plans an arranged marriage to Jamila t...
46.5K 1.1K 18
Alice Christensen is diagnosed with leukemia. To secure a bone marrow donation, she makes a marriage pact with a young Prince Andrรฉ of Denmark but th...
35.5K 2.6K 34
2023 December Book of the Month @CupidOnTour @WattpadSeries General Fiction Feature JUNE 2023 @HistoricalFiction 'Rise of Civilization' Reading List...
60.2K 2.1K 32
Just another one of those Simon and Wilhelm stories, cuz they are my comfort couple <3 A brief overview: The new year begins, with new stories and ne...